It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tisulsky find — Girl in a casket

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Informer1958
a reply to: Wolfenz

It certainly seems the Egyptians could have learned a thing or two from the Chinese when it came to preserving their dead.

SHERLOCKIAN NOTE - A 3,000 year difference between Egyptian technology and Chinese technology, not to mention thousands of miles and different resources available (no mercury in large quantities in Egypt.)

I am amazed that they found red blood still in her body after 2,000 years. The doctors claim her internal organs were still preserved almost perfectly.

SHERLOCKIAN NOTE - Remember that they find fragments of red blood cells in dinosaurs (600-100 million years older). Also, note that "well preserved" means different things. A prune is well preserved, but hardly the same as a fresh plum... if you get my drift.

She was wearing a hair piece, I had no idea that wigs had been invented 2,000 yeas ago.

Oh, wigs were invented long before that. The oldest ones I know of are in Egypt and are around 4,500 years old.

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

originally posted by: Informer1958

It certainly seems the Egyptians could have learned a thing or two from the Chinese when it came to preserving their dead.

SHERLOCKIAN NOTE - A 3,000 year difference between Egyptian technology and Chinese technology, not to mention thousands of miles and different resources available (no mercury in large quantities in Egypt.)

I am amazed that they found red blood still in her body after 2,000 years. The doctors claim her internal organs were still preserved almost perfectly.

SHERLOCKIAN NOTE - Remember that they find fragments of red blood cells in dinosaurs (600-100 million years older). Also, note that "well preserved" means different things. A prune is well preserved, but hardly the same as a fresh plum... if you get my drift.

She was wearing a hair piece, I had no idea that wigs had been invented 2,000 yeas ago.

Oh, wigs were invented long before that. The oldest ones I know of are in Egypt and are around 4,500 years old.

Bryd they have found a 2,600 year old Chinese body
a WET BODY ... a considered a well Flesh and fluid Preserved Body

to my knowledge i haven't seen a Egyptian wet body as of yet.. so there a difference of Technology here..
The Ancient Chinese's found a way of Preserving a Body from Decaying , The Fluid in the Casket/Coffin what have you,, of the 700 year old body found within this decade had Anti Bacterial natural Chemicals into it ... as there were 3 found a Woman from 100 b.c. in 1972 a few years later a Man close to the same time period and the 700 year old just not too long ago...

im more concern about the fluid then anything else...

funny tho traces of mercury in 3 places that have a similar culture with pyramids mummification and buildings..

this ..

elongated skulls

Ancient similar buildings

similar yet different time elapse

LOL

SO... whos the Third Party Teacher ??

edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago117 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz

Bryd they have found a 2,600 year old Chinese body
a WET BODY ... a considered a well Flesh and fluid Preserved Body

Can you give me a source (National Geographic or some such?)

to my knowledge i haven't seen a Egyptian wet body as of yet.. so there a difference of Technology here..

EVERY culture's mummy technology was different from all the others. If it'd been "given to them" by another culture, there would have been a lot of similarities.

The Ancient Chinese's found a way of Preserving a Body from Decaying , The Fluid in the Casket/Coffin what have you,, of the 700 year old body found within this decade had Anti Bacterial natural Chemicals into it

Do you have a link to a place where I can read about it? A source like National Geographic or Wikipedia? So far, the only sources I see are places like BeforeItsNews and other sites that make up news stories/don't check sources.

as there were 3 found a Woman from 100 b.c. in 1972 a few years later a Man close to the same time period and the 700 year old just not too long ago...

Links?

funny tho traces of mercury in 3 places that have a similar culture with pyramids mummification and buildings..

The element, mercury, is commonly found (as cinnibar and other ores) all over the world
Wikipedia link to mercury - the section on history has a bit of information about how it was used all over the ancient world.

Wikipedia link about cinnibar

this ..

Challenge for you:
Which cultures are the pyramids from (not the place, the culture) and how old are they?
How old are each of the arches in the picture?
What's the date of mummification for each of those mummies?
How were each of the mummies mummified?

(yes, I know the answer, but I think that you're accepting material without actually doublechecking the facts)

elongated skulls

And those skulls are from which culture, which time period?
And why are you accepting artwork as "evidence"? Look at Japanese Manga -- are there humans walking around with naturally blue and purple hair that have almost no noses and have eyes as large as grapefruits?

Ancient similar buildings

Have you noticed that the drawings are not accurate? I've visited at least two of them and can say that the drawings really aren't correct. They're not very pyramid-shaped in many cases, and some of them are pure speculation since the buildings were made of mud brick.

similar yet different time elapse

Similar... in that they're human shaped and holding things in both hands? That's not very unique. By that count, you should put in pictures of people skiing, and these people and people using dual trekking poles and people with crutches and Chinese ribbon dancers and many others.

My question to you is: what are each of these images and what are the deities/people holding and who are the deities/people?

Do you know them? If you don't, how do you know they're similar (other than some site showed them as "evidence")?

Most of us here have learned to fact check sites (even news sites.) Did you fact check this one by checking where the images came from?

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Sure,, I can Show you a Link about this is even better a

Documentary about the wet bodies and see for your self

as there were 3 found a Woman from 100 b.c. in 1972 a few years later a Man close to the same time period and the 700 year old just not too long ago...

Byrd = Links?

Right here...

History Channel Documentary Secrets of Chinese Mummy
www.youtube.com...

this one is 2,100 years old

The 2,000 Year-Old Mummified Body of Lady Xin Zhui, Hunan Museum, Changsha, China
www.youtube.com...

The 2,000 Year-Old Mummified Body of Lady Xin Zhui HD - Archaeology Documentary
www.youtube.com...

Not a wet mummy but more likely it was and the the fluid leaked out ..
its the same type coffin as the 700 year old is..

1,500-year-old mummy unveiled in N China
www.youtube.com...

Chinese workers unearthed a sarcophagus containing '' Mummy '' more than 700-year-old
www.youtube.com...

( with pictures )
She's aged well: Face of incredibly preserved 700-year-old mummy found by chance by Chinese road workers
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Amazing Discovery: 700-Year-Old Mummy Discovered In China
www.indiatvnews.com...

a more Legit website ... as anthropology.msu.edu

One thought on “She Doesn’t Look a Day Over 200”
anthropology.msu.edu...

The Ancient Chinese's found a way of Preserving a Body from Decaying , The Fluid in the Casket/Coffin what have you,, of the 700 year old body found within this decade had Anti Bacterial natural Chemicals into it

Byrd = Do you have a link to a place where I can read about it? A source like National Geographic or Wikipedia? So far, the only sources I see are places like BeforeItsNews and other sites that make up news stories/don't check sources.

National Geographic talking about the 700 year old mummy
( please Read info below on each picture slide thanks )
in the link a better insite about the fluid and mummy itself

Pictures: Lifelike "Wet Mummy" Found During Roadbuilding

Freed from a liquid-filled coffin last week, the centuries-old Chinese woman had been found when roadbuilders stumbled upon a tomb.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

edit on 12016MondayfAmerica/Chicago117 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2016 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Challenge for you:

Which cultures are the pyramids from (not the place, the culture) and how old are they?

How old are each of the arches in the picture? What's the date of mummification for each of those mummies? How were each of the mummies mummified? (yes, I know the answer, but I think that you're accepting material without actually doublechecking the facts)

What???

Listen Byrd i see what your trying to do !!

I think i already mention similar culture yet different
Time Periods and Oceans Apart didn't I ?
so what challenge is this ???
so who's the 3rd Party here showing how to build and
teaching these people, close to the same structure's
similar culture Rituals ???

ok Ill Play..

Let use this Pic showing their locations ..
( note location of Mexico is wrong
its central America Guatemala )

those Structures and the similar Culture as you see, is
along a lateral belt more less like wave pattern..

as i said before, they are all similar and close to being
a carbon copy too each other
the OLD and the New World although the time periods
are different.. give or take 500 to 1,000 years ..

So the Dates of these Structures and the process of mummification..
are little different...but so similar ... yet oceans apart...

conclusion is there must of been a 3rd party of some sort...
an ocean Trader Traveler through out the centuries ..

really ?? each mummification is different ... either sacrifice
or too enter the afterlife which all 3 locations had !!
so its either the coldness preservation or the Dry Heat
all resulting the same why preserving .. for the afterlife..
the Egyptians are the only one's that had the process of 30 days
of drying and taking the organs out that I know of !
Mexico , China Indonesia .. but the Mainland China
has similar pyramids and mummification although the pyramids
in china are actually burial mounds as like in Ancient North America
mostly in OHIO & Wisconsin, as China is more advanced..

There is another lateral belt location that has similar culture
yet ocean and lands apart ..

and that's where my ancestors come from

The Arctic Circle !
the SAMI aka Laplanders and the Northern Cree Indians have
the same type Culture and the same way of life...
from tepees, cradle boards , clothing , religion , singing , Dialect
musical instruments, Holidays hunter gathering skills
nomadic movement , to even Sweat houses....

History and Culture of the Arctic Circle
arcticcircle.uconn.edu...

An Introduction to Northern Peoples - Norman Chance
The Haida of British Columbia
The Inupiat of Arctic Alaska
The Inuusivut [Inuit] of Canada
The Crees of Northern Quebec X --- my Ancestors

The Inuit Tapirisat of Canada
Peoples of the Russian North and Far East
The Sámi of Far Northern Europe
The Inuit of Greenland
Aleut - People of the Aleutian Chain
Innu of Labrador and Quebec
Tlingit of the Northwest Coast
The People of Iceland -

it's just the figuring out How similar structures

Just as Brian Forester is researching and exploring
those same locations, having the same similarity's
to find the Answer .. as to a more depth as too why.

when we speak of similarity's

I find this fascinating...

how much truth, this link is , i wouldn't know..
as the link below is showing similar artifacts
from the old and new world , in the pre Columbia era ..

and when i see this .. see link below

Artefacts, Atlantis and the route to the sea
www.atlantisbolivia.org...

i think to myself, could there have been a possible ancient
trading route in some way ?
if so how sound would the ships be ?
what navigation tools could have been used ?

but then i stop and think of a
Ancient Navigational / Calendar Device

Antikythera mechanism
en.wikipedia.org...

( which is now claimed to be created in 200 B.C. )
and that my friend ( Byrd )
was, around when those Structures were built in Pre Columbia
well give or take a few hundred years...

then i look back at the old Pri Reis Maps that Pri Reis has
claimed from himself to be thousand of years old (in his time early 1500s)
and who and what type of people that made those Maps i wonder ?
( re-read look back at the Antikythera mechanism link )
Were Greeks or Romans , Sumerians aka Persians, were ever at the most
Trading route in the world Egypt (( at the time ))
was the Library of Alexandria still intact still in existence ?
I would assume it would be .. as it was partial destroyed multiple times

Library of Alexandria
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 22016TuesdayfAmerica/Chicago118 by Wolfenz because: Spelling Missing words , yeah I suck at grammer! i didnt say i was a jounalist

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   

I have to back Wolfenz up on the wet or rather flexible mummy, there was if I remember the story there was a body of a woman believed to have been a high ranking member of the ming dynasty, not that old though at only about 700+ years, she was however not a dry mummy like the egyptian, west chinese, south american or other famous mummy's but had instead been embalmed in a brown fluid which was still in her coffin when they excavated her after some workers had stumbled on her body while building a road.

Here is a mail online artical.
www.dailymail.co.uk...
How about some mummified cheese, no I would'nt fancy that either though I do like it well matured just not that mature.
www.ibtimes.com...

Though Accidental or unintentional wet albeit frozen body's of northern tundra tribes would if taken into account also prove to be among the very oldest even if they are arguably not mummified but rather frozen, though many of them do shrivel they are also still wet mummy's.

As for which culture first produced pyramid's, whom was the first to be buried in a kirn or pile of stone's, even before the building of these sun ray type structure which in egypt as you know are believed to have evolved from Mastaba's many ancient poeple's likely buried there dead high up on mountains so as to be closer to the sky while others of course instead buried them as deep as they could thinking of the earth as a womb.

Of course a pyramid is a model mountain as well.

However though I know that probably neither you nor Wolfenz are likely to believe they are genuine I do actually feel the Bosnia pyramid's are artificial but even then once again they would merely put the origin of large scale pyramid temple and tomb back they also would not be proven to be the origin.

Still further there is the Infamous (And I can not see how anyone could claim they are natural formations as they are patently not) sunken ruins of the north west of Cuba in deep water, estimated to have taken as much as 50.000 years to get to that depth (Barring major geological event's in the region) which of course for many even more than the Bosnia claims which would be less than a quarter as old these are therefore dismissed by the mainstream but I still believe they are genuine and need proper open investigation especially now with the Thawing of tension's between the US the Island nation.

I think though that the point that Wolfenz in part is making is an Argument FOR diffusionism, the similarity's are beyond striking and definitely beyond coincidental and while they may not point to a shared ancient precursor civilization they do point to the likelyhood of transfer of knowledge and idea's between these ancient cultures with the only stumbling block being the disparity in time between some of these culture's which does not however rule out earlier contact.

Take for instance the rumoured pyramid which was supposedly found then suffered a press blackout in the deep amazon, it was said to have been thought to be a mountain as it was seven time's larger than the great pyramid at Giza, I remember the TV reporter in the late 80's but when I waited for the documentary a week later it did not come on and had either been pulled or else suppressed, maybe the country in question wanted to keep treasure hunters from looting the site?.

Now as for which nation has the most pyramid's, well while Sudan may lay claim I think China probably has far more including the white pyramid which was apparantly one about a thousand feet tall making it a truly immense pyramid, given that China had most of it's historys' of the seven kingdom's destroyed by Chin except of course for medical and astrological treatis we will probably never know it's true origin though a probably LATER tomb dedicated to a later Chinese General about a third of the way up on one side, originally this mud brick structure was faced by white paving stone's.
www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

Then again also remember the ruin's of Cahokia in your nation the US, those structures are also pyramids though not in the classical sense and so too are many iron age and earlier round artificial mound hills in Europe.

There are claim's that Mon St Michelle in france is or was used as pyramid natural or otherwise, Glastonbury Tor in the UK which is an artifical hill that was once a connical pyramid like structure believed to have been built by using baskets of stones and dirt that has weathered over the ages into a rounded hill etc.

Then there are natural pyramid's such as the mountain's themselves, there unatainable heights seen as abodes of the God's inspiring mortal's to reach to there lofty dwelling places or to emulate them on earth.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Sure,, I can Show you a Link about this is even better a

Documentary about the wet bodies and see for your self

Actually, that's worse. Videos are horrible things for arguing evidence - to get the actual names and places you have to stop the video and sometimes guess the spelling and they don't often give things like the names of everyone involved. However, I do see enough evidence for the "wet mummy."

What I do NOT see (and hoped to see in a written article) was something about the area and the coffin. It appears that the liquid around her had a lot of tanin in it (which tans leather... and leather is just the skin of animals). So she's a bit similar to the peat bog mummies.

I think that each of the three Chinese mummies were created by different means (and accidentally, at that.) But I really don't want to sit through many hours of videos. Or even clipped up videos.

a more Legit website ... as anthropology.msu.edu

One thought on “She Doesn’t Look a Day Over 200”
anthropology.msu.edu...

Not to be picky, but that's a student blog that's just commenting on a news source. It didn't tell me what I really wanted to know.

National Geographic talking about the 700 year old mummy
( please Read info below on each picture slide thanks )
in the link a better insite about the fluid and mummy itself

Pictures: Lifelike "Wet Mummy" Found During Roadbuilding

Didn't say a thing other than it was anaerobic conditions.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:33 PM
link   

I think i already mention similar culture yet different Time Periods and Oceans Apart didn't I ?

Except -- the cultures are NOT similar.

They don't have similar structures and they don't have similar rituals.

You're missing a lot of "pyramids" and the Egypt location is wrong for the pyramid that was shown (that particular pyramid is in Sudan.) Also, the pyramids are NOT similar. If they were, they'd all be made out of the same type of stone and would have the same type of interior layout. And be similar dimensions.

the OLD and the New World although the time periods are different.. give or take 500 to 1,000 years ..

The difference is 3,000 years (Egypt to Mexico) and 3500 years (Egypt to Indonesia.) Mexico to Indonesia is about 500 years, but by the time pyramids got to Indonesia, the British and the Chinese and the Hindus and everyone else had been there. They had a lot of resources to draw on when designing buildings.

The Mexican mummies shown were the victims of cholera in the 1800's. They were preserved in a dry environment - and the mummification was accidental. The Chinese woman's mummification was also accidental. The Egyptians mummified by removing all the internal organs and then drying out the body.

Not similar at all.

[quote...the Egyptians are the only one's that had the process of 30 days of drying
Actually, 70 days.

I think that perhaps you should read up more on your people and my people. They are not that similar. And no, the languages aren't even close. I've studied the Haida and Tlingit and Northern tribes a bit in college, and they're pretty different from the Cree.

posted on Jan, 20 2016 @ 10:42 PM
link   

ok then See this .... for the time being as i read your post ... a little more

pretty much of what i said of the most part in my last post...

you know library of Alexandria , Ancient Maps , trade routes from the old world and new world

Ancient Navigators Could Have Measured Longitude!

by Rick Sanders

(Full text of article from Fall 2001 21st Century)

www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

I doubt you will read the article ... if you do ? brief me of what you think ?

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

ok then See this .... for the time being as i read your post ... a little more

pretty much of what i said of the most part in my last post...

you know library of Alexandria , Ancient Maps , trade routes from the old world and new world

There were no trade routes from the old world to the new world before 1500 AD.

Ancient Navigators Could Have Measured Longitude!

by Rick Sanders

(Full text of article from Fall 2001 21st Century)

www.21stcenturysciencetech.com...

I doubt you will read the article ... if you do ? brief me of what you think ?

Oh, I did read the article and started checking the sources because neither Rata nor Maui are names in any language of that time of the Levant. Rata and Maui are Polynesian names, though from different areas.

Although I couldn't find the article mentioned in the footnotes, I did find this PDF, which covers the material.

As soon as I saw Barry Fell's name, I knew the whole thing was made up of wishful thinking.

Barry Fell (Dr. Fell) was a marine biologist and a very good one. However, sometime in his later years, he decided that he was a Wonderful Linguist and the way he "proved" a language is similar to another is to look in a dictionary, collect lists of words that sounded like words in other languages, and then declare the languages related.

That's not how linguists do it (because humans can only make a limited number of sounds, EVERY language has some words and sounds that are "just like" any other language you could pick.) Dictionaries are VERY unreliable sources for word sounds. The way a word is pronounced can vary from area to area.

Fell's "interpretation" of the Cave of the Navigators isn't supported by anyone and there are a number of things in his "translation" that are NOT Egyptian (no such thing as "divine morning star", for one.)

His idea of the two "Egyptians" as founders of the Polynesian people is also wrong, since the Polynesians first arrived in this area about 1000 BC.

Fell's translation of the South American petroglyphs (which are not shown) is absurd. Fell says s. This land the navigator claims for the King of Egypt, for his Queen, and for their noble son, running a course of 4,000 miles, steep, mighty, mountainous, on high uplifted

That's not the way Egyptians referred to their kings and queens.

An Egyptian title would have been something like His Holiness the King, Lord and Horus, Son of Isis, Son of Osiris, Ruler of Rulers, King of Kings of Upper Egypt, King of Kings of Lower Egypt, avenger of his father. Lord of Pe, origin of the gods, there being afterwards no King like him (as shown in this decree by Ptolemy of the same time period) - or, when inscribed in graffiti, it's usually something like "His majesty of this God (and the king's nomen ) a mention of an inscription is at this link

And Egyptians didn't have 'miles" - that's an English measurement that arises sometime after 1200 AD.

And finally, the Cave of the Navigators does show some of the instruments they used to navigate (I saw some in Hawaii, made of plant fibers and strips of bamboo.) They're very recognizable in that rock art (Fell, however, who didn't actually study the cultures couldn't recognize them.)
edit on 21-1-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Maybe move to LOL and not Hoax? It is after all a fun story. 800 million year old princes encased in liquid crystals with no panties and a transparent flower embroidered dress cut just above the knee.

Hummena hummena

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Maybe move to LOL and not Hoax? It is after all a fun story. 800 million year old princes encased in liquid crystals with no panties and a transparent flower embroidered dress cut just above the knee.

Hummena hummena

Yup, why didn't anyone kiss her to see if she'd wake up

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 04:19 PM
link   

That's not the way Egyptians referred to their kings and queens.

An Egyptian title would have been something like His Holiness the King, Lord and Horus, Son of Isis, Son of Osiris, Ruler of Rulers, King of Kings of Upper Egypt, King of Kings of Lower Egypt, avenger of his father. Lord of Pe, origin of the gods, there being afterwards no King like him (as shown in this decree by Ptolemy of the same time period) - or, when inscribed in graffiti, it's usually something like "His majesty of this God (and the king's nomen ) a mention of an inscription is at this link

I've illustrated this point thusly

For you are all equally blessed. For I have the pride, the privilege, nay, the pleasure of introducing to you to a knight, sired by knights. A knight who can trace his lineage back beyond Charlemagne. I first met him atop a mountain near Jerusalem, praying to God, asking his forgiveness for the Saracen blood spilt by his sword. Next, he amazed me still further in Italy when he saved a fatherless beauty from the would-be ravishing of her dreadful Turkish uncle.

In Greece he spent a year in silence just to better understand the sound of a whisper. And so without further gilding the lily and with no more ado, I give to you, the seeker of serenity, the protector of Italian virginity, the enforcer of our Lord God, the one, the only, Sir Ulllrrrich von Lichtenstein!

Harte

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   

I think i already mention similar culture yet different Time Periods and Oceans Apart didn't I ?

Wolfenz-
They arent ??? there are some that will argue with that statement..

Class ... Ohh Class... LOL.. well some i dont agree with as Egyptians using the pyramids using them as tombs
as the Chinese pyramids are burial mounds with a pyramid shape

Ancient Egyptian vs. Mayan Culture
classroom.synonym.com...

The civilizations of ancient Egypt and Maya, while separated by thousands of miles and hundreds of years, shared a number of recognizable features. Egypt civilization appears to have begun about 4,000 to 3,500 B.C. in northern Africa, while the Mayan civilization appears to have arisen around 3300 B.C. in the Yucatan peninsula of North America, now modern Guatemala. Both of these cultures occupied large areas of land and expanded their domains through military conquest and exploration -- but were ultimately conquered by others.

Maya and Egyptian Pyramids: A Hidden Connection?
An Egyptologist and a Mayanologist explore the pyramid connection.
www.psychologytoday.com...

Differences Between the Egyptians & the Mayans?
By Daisy Peasblossom Fernchild
eHow Contributor
www.ehow.com...

Compare and Contrast Ancient Egyptian and Mayan civilisations, can archaeology help account for these differences?
www.markedbyteachers.com... count-for-these-differences.html
www.ehow.com...

They don't have similar structures and they don't have similar rituals.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

The step Pryamid s of Egypt look similar to the step pyramids of pre Columbia
its like saying that Europe doesn't have 1920s 1930s Art Deco
like America... both had Sacrifice rituals Egypt in its 1st dynasty ..
Mayans had religious temples for their gods and also used it as a Tomb
The Sumerians had the Same thing for their Ziggurat
its unknown actually what the Egyptian Pyramid was used for
Tomb perhaps although no evidence..

You're missing a lot of "pyramids" and the Egypt location is wrong for the pyramid that was shown (that particular pyramid is in Sudan.) Also, the pyramids are NOT similar. If they were, they'd all be made out of the same type of stone and would have the same type of interior layout. And be similar dimensions.

Wolfenz- no that would be called identical... if they used the same stone and interior layout which your right not identical... well there evidence of brick layout and.. having seashells in the bricks and coating of the walls .. in Egypt and Pre Columbia and in think something like stucco on the walls too right down to it had to use what was around the environment of resources ...

the OLD and the New World although the time periods are different.. give or take 500 to 1,000 years ..

The difference is 3,000 years (Egypt to Mexico) and 3500 years (Egypt to Indonesia.) Mexico to Indonesia is about 500 years, but by the time pyramids got to Indonesia, the British and the Chinese and the Hindus and everyone else had been there. They had a lot of resources to draw on when designing buildings.

Wolfenz -Could be ... if you want to go that route Indonesia to Mexico i wont argue with that .. as there "" similarity's "" with Asia with Mexico

The Mexican mummies shown were the victims of cholera in the 1800's. They were preserved in a dry environment - and the mummification was accidental. The Chinese woman's mummification was also accidental. The Egyptians mummified by removing all the internal organs and then drying out the body.

Not similar at all.

Wolfenz- your saying all mummies ? i thought some in Peru were for sacrifice and placed on mountain tops ? there a 6 year old child well preserved... although struck by lightning damage.. Mummy Juanita en.wikipedia.org... ohh yes this too .. Chinchorro mummies en.wikipedia.org...

"" The Chinchorro mummies are mummified remains of individuals from the South American Chinchorro culture, found in what is now northern Chile and southern Peru. They are the oldest examples of artificially mummified human remains, becoming popular by up to two thousand years before the Egyptian mummies. To put this in perspective, the earliest mummy that has been found in Egypt dated around 3000 BC,[1] while the oldest mummy recovered from the Atacama Desert is dated around 7020 BC.[2] The artificial mummies of Chinchorro are believed to have first appeared around 5000 BC and reached a peak around 3000 BC. Often Chinchorro mummies were elaborately prepared by removing the internal organs and replacing them with vegetable fibers or animal hair. In some cases an embalmer would remove the skin and flesh from the dead body and replace them with clay. Shell midden and bone chemistry suggest that 90% of their diet was seafood. Many ancient cultures of fisherfolk existed, tucked away in the arid river valleys of the Andes, but the Chinchorro made themselves unique by their dedicated preservation of the dead. Radiocarbon dating reveals that the oldest discovered Chinchorro mummy was that of a child from a site in the Camarones Valley, about 60 miles south of Arica in Chile and dates from around 5050 BC. The mummies continued to be made until about 1800 BC, making them contemporary with Las Vegas culture and Valdivia culture in Ecuador and the Norte Chico civilization in Peru ""

Wolfenz - 2 thousand years before Egyptian mummification with taking the organs out too! like the Egyptians

[quote...the Egyptians are the only one's that had the process of 30 days of drying

Actually, 70 days.

[wolfenz- ok ..

I think that perhaps you should read up more on your people and my people. They are not that similar. And no, the languages aren't even close. I've studied the Haida and Tlingit and Northern tribes a bit in college, and they're pretty different from the Cree.

Read up on my People ?? Read about the Arctic Circle
edit on 52016FridayfAmerica/Chicago121 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

edit on 52016FridayfAmerica/Chicago121 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Wolfenz-
They arent ??? there are some that will argue with that statement..

They are not. Their relation to the sky and stars are different, their deities are VERY different, their maps of the sky are very different, the symbolism they use is very different, and the Egyptians, frankly, were better at stonework. Most of their monuments are far larger than Mayan monuments and are designed to be full of light (tall columns, open air sections), the languages do not share any common roots, the house designs were different, the social laws are not similar, etc, etc.

Other than "they built pyramids that aren't even the same shape", can you give me (not a website link... TELL me) why you think they're so similar?

Compare and Contrast Ancient Egyptian and Mayan civilisations, can archaeology help account for these differences?
www.markedbyteachers.com... count-for-these-differences.html
www.ehow.com...

Err... you're trying to show differences by quoting HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PAPERS? And a 300 word "E-how" website that doesn't even make its point?

Really?

The step Pryamid s of Egypt look similar to the step pyramids of pre Columbia

They're actually closer in design to the zuggarats: en.wikipedia.org...

both had Sacrifice rituals Egypt in its 1st dynasty ..

Egyptian sacrifice was "retainer sacrifice"; the killing of members of the royal court to accompany the king into the afterlife. Mayan and Mesoamerican sacrifice was "offerings to the gods." So the Egyptians sacrificed just ONCE per king; the Mayans and others did it all the time.

Mayans had religious temples for their gods and also used it as a Tomb The Sumerians had the Same thing for their Ziggurat

All civilizations build special structures for deities and for tombs. This doesn't show any connectedness between Mayans and Egyptians.

its unknown actually what the Egyptian Pyramid was used for Tomb perhaps although no evidence..

You sound like you're not familiar with the Egyptian pyramids. There are over 100 large pyramids in Egypt, and perhaps 500 smaller ones. They have similar interior layouts and similar exterior (courtyard and walls and temples) which change in pattern over time. They are found with cemeteries and sometimes in the middle of the cemeteries. In addition, there are hundreds and hundreds of smaller ones with sarcophagi and bodies inside.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

They've found fragments of mummies in the pyramids that were broken into by tomb robbers.

Wolfenz- no that would be called identical... if they used the same stone and interior layout which your right not identical... well there evidence of brick layout and.. having seashells in the bricks and coating of the walls .. in Egypt and Pre Columbia and in think something like stucco on the walls too right down to it had to use what was around the environment of resources ...

You've gotten into some pages that gave you bad information. I don't know what you mean by "brick layout" but the "seashells" are there simply because the limestone that these blocks are made from was formed in ancient seas. So there's all kinds of fossils there.

And they didn't use the same type of plaster. Nor are their designs the same.

Wolfenz -Could be ... if you want to go that route Indonesia to Mexico i wont argue with that .. as there "" similarity's "" with Asia with Mexico

Name some?

Wolfenz- your saying all mummies ? i thought some in Peru were for sacrifice and placed on mountain tops ?

No, Egyptian mummies are not made in the same way.

Chinchorro mummies ... were elaborately prepared by removing the internal organs and replacing them with vegetable fibers or animal hair. In some cases an embalmer would remove the skin and flesh from the dead body and replace them with clay.

As your source material points out, this is not similar to the Egyptian method.

Read up on my People ?? Read about the Arctic Circle
Yes, you need to look at some of the material and you'll find out that the two peoples are only superficially similar.

It's a shame, really, when people try to tie unrelated cultures together, dismissing the achievements of one culture to make them suddenly a stepchild of the other one.

posted on Jan, 25 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Err... you're trying to show differences by quoting HIGH SCHOOL STUDENT PAPERS? And a 300 word "E-how" website that doesn't even make its point?

Really?

I know what brought him to this lowly state.

I told them not to use Lifebuoy.

Harte

posted on Feb, 8 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Harte

Really?

I know what brought him to this lowly state.

I told them not to use Lifebuoy.

Harte!!

LOL !!

I Used that # as an example , what teachers are teaching and and e-how is showing

So you and Byrd better Corrected them if they are so Wrong ..

from the Old World to the New World is Similar

If you think that Primitive Natives of the New World
that were Only in the Start of the Bronze Age
using primitive Hand tools.
Created Structures in Peru in Puma Punku ..
making precised interlocking Blocks like the H Blocks ..
that Seams to be looking like they were in a press mold
from a manufacturing Assembly process
with out any known written language on top of that
and there not a Place on Earth like Bolivia Peru Puma Punku
let alone claimed to be 2000, years old... from carbon dating ..
and they were just came out of Nowhere...

then you must be Dreaming...

As i said before many times ..
There must of been someone not originally from that land that Built them ..

No Not all were made from a Possible Foreigner ...
but tho taught these primitive natives , wheres are the Records
murals , wall paintings , of them building these structures , not even Egypt
except one pictorial painting ... showing a Egyptian crew pulling along a Huge Sitting Statue
and a guy on the Statue pouring liquid before the stature during the moment.. that's it!!
and that my friend dont mean jack .. I doubt a great distance ...
I Do see , In Egypt Iran Iraq China India you can see the Steps of progress
from improvements in basic to advanced Technology , not so much in the New World..

so with all this, tell me why... its so wrong..... ????

that they are no similar ..

link me !! to a site ... so i can see what both of you see..

or its all theory ...

unfortunately , I cant Travel to these places like Brien Forester
to see for my self ... to prove my self Wrong ..

Apparently Bryd an Educated Collage Grad. in different
Fields has been to Egypt and taught Classes..
but doesn't see what Forester forSees ... in similaritys
between the Old and the New World , although he may think of the
possible outlook of beyond the realm of travelers
not from this earth building or teaching natives to build them ,

will love..

Ol Wolfy

Still it nice to see newly Discovered Ancient Wet Bodies that are 700 to 2000 year old
flexible bodies well preserved and a claimed liquid that has Anti Bacteria properties
and only found in China of the Ming Dynasty ... Ironically The So called Kings Tomb in Giza
has a similar ... type encasement.. hey just maybe ... nah nevermind !

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Really, then maybe you haven't heard of the pre Inca Tiwanaku empire, which was based in western Bolivia, South America and extended into present-day Peru and Chile of which Pumapunku is just one small structure. You seem to think that Pumapunku stands alone, when in fact its just a temple area and part of the larger Tiwanaku site

So I guess you haven't even researched the place at all, if you had, you might have understood that what you said there is monumentally wrong and akin to claiming that London stands alone and isn't part of the UK. in fact the only people claiming that Pumapunku came out of nowhere are the same people who are trying to sell you their books. Real historians don't care what you think because their income isn't based on your ignorance

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Let's set up the time and place, first...

Puma Punku was a place built in the last stages of the Tiwanaku empire (and by the Tiwanaku) - around 600-1000 AD. (the basics of the empire are at this link)

Peru is one of the great cradles of civilization, rising about 1500 BC (in other words, over 2,000 years before Puma Punku.)

It's only 600 years (at most) old. And they didn't come out of nowhere. The empire that built this had been around since 300 AD (so 300-600 years at that time, longer than the history of the United States.) At the time they built Puma Punku, they had an empire and were a popular pilgrimage site for preColumbian South America.

As you can see if you check what archaeologists and others wrote, the area started out as farming and grew through trade. It was part of the area that later becomes the Incan empire (see the similarity in the stonework?) - but their "parent civilization" (which goes back to 1,000 BC) is the Chavin Culture

And, if you will click the link on the Chavin Culture, there, you will see many examples of the wonderful stonework just like that at Puma Punku.

There must of been someone not originally from that land that Built them ..

Why must there have been? It looks like the lovely stonework of their parent culture, which stretched back centuries before they showed up.

...wheres are the Records murals , wall paintings , of them building these structures , not even Egypt
except one pictorial painting

Actually, there's more than that.

And if you think about it, what ruler (or prince or duke or count or other noble) has pictures of people building things in his monuments or records detailing how to cut stone in their libraries and monuments?

I Do see , In Egypt Iran Iraq China India you can see the Steps of progress from improvements in basic to advanced Technology , not so much in the New World..

Possibly because the sites you read didn't make you aware of the other civilizations in the New World?

so with all this, tell me why... its so wrong..... ???? that they are no similar .. link me !! to a site ... so i can see what both of you see..

I don't really want to dump a huge list of links here (and don't have time right now) but I will come back later and link stuff on the Americas.

Apparently Bryd an Educated Collage Grad. in different
Fields has been to Egypt and taught Classes..
but doesn't see what Forester forSees ... in similaritys
between the Old and the New World ,

True. I look at the art, the language, the culture, the mythology, the symbolism, etc, etc. I don't look at a picture of a bird made from bone in Egypt carved in 1500 BC and one made from bone in Alaska dated to 1200 AD and tell people that Eskimos regularly visited and traded with Egypt based on both places having an artifact of a bird carved from bone.

Forester, however, is perfectly willing to make this connection.

posted on Feb, 9 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Marduk

Really, then maybe you haven't heard of the pre Inca Tiwanaku empire, which was based in western Bolivia, South America and extended into present-day Peru and Chile of which Pumapunku is just one small structure. You seem to think that Pumapunku stands alone, when in fact its just a temple area and part of the larger Tiwanaku site

So I guess you haven't even researched the place at all, if you had, you might have understood that what you said there is monumentally wrong and akin to claiming that London stands alone and isn't part of the UK. in fact the only people claiming that Pumapunku came out of nowhere are the same people who are trying to sell you their books. Real historians don't care what you think because their income isn't based on your ignorance

What lol!! Tiwanaku is possibly made by those Primitive way different then Puma Punku and yes of course i know about Tiwanaku it right next to puma Punku I mention it before here on Ats .. What i see .. So Marduk you may want to search my posts in other threads in that subject !!

What London Stand Alone LOL!!! Boy you batting a Thousand ... London is part of All Roads Leads to Rome !
it be conquered settle by different country multiple times in the Millenniums

and yes came out of No Where ! So Please Link me Show me Tell me of a Place in South America that has the Same Structures like the interlocking H Blocks how about Europe ? Nope Mediterranean Nope Africa Nope Asia Nope
there is nothing remotely like the site well... except a place in Ethiopia but just the basics ... just slightly that claimed to had Angels building it LOL.. that just like a 1000 years later..

Calling me Ignorant ?
when can you face the fact that they are indeed similar... that even a young teen can see the similarity's
well mostly the construction ..

Need Links... there Marduk some me they are way different ...

as i said The Only Site that I see that is Different from the rest of the Ancient Ruins of the World
is Puma Punku ... yet some features are similar to Ethiopia ..

please link me.. to sites or a Book to you liking ! Show me what you see..
thats all im asking ...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join