It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Media Manipulation? Claims to have support of women and minorities, but where are they?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Actually, according to some of these posts, your are more likely to be a narcissist if you have a degree if we use some of your statements.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok den

No need to take offense, the man is giving you wisdom.

If you'd like to carry on this debate with me however, I'm more than available to meet your needs

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

So, what is the point even if that is true for either side? Because I just have a high school education I can't make an informed decision? or I am poor, my intelligence is less? I don't believe Trump supporter are dumb at all. I think that they are blinded by anger and want punitive solutions and pre 9/11. That is a nowhere philosophy and depressing.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

This will show you elections back quite a bit...

www.gallup.com...

College students are historically left leaning. They follow the crowd and the professors....
Look closely and you will see results from Reagan that are mirroring what we are seeing with Trump.

WOW!!! Did you see voters with no more than a grade school education??? Also gun owners vs non-gun owners... No wonder liberals hate gun owners so much.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I wasn't asking about your education. That's none of my business. I was just saying that having a degree means you know how to study a book. That will give you critical thinking skills in the field you major in.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Wow, I am starting to choke on all the dust from the large amount of back peddling in this thread. I will check in later when the dust settles.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

I can guarantee you there are far more uneducated and "some HS" that voted for obama than postgraduates.

Let us decide? You just cited a source that clearly shows there are far more EDUCATED postgrads that voted for Obama.

No no, lol, just because Americans with a postgraduate are at 55% for Obama doesn't mean there are more people possessing a postgraduate than there are people that have little or some High School.

8.9% of Americans have a postgraduate degree. 3% of those have a PhD.

Wanna find the statistic on how many Americans don't have a diploma?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

So, what is the point even if that is true for either side? Because I just have a high school education I can't make an informed decision? or I am poor, my intelligence is less? I don't believe Trump supporter are dumb at all. I think that they are blinded by anger and want punitive solutions and pre 9/11. That is a nowhere philosophy and depressing.

Why in the world are you asking me??? I'm the one arguing against those that are saying a degree means you have more critical thinking skills. Your argument is with your own ATS pals.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Ok den

No need to take offense, the man is giving you wisdom.

If you'd like to carry on this debate with me however, I'm more than available to meet your needs

Actually you've grossly misinterpreted everything I've said.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Not intelligence, but maybe critical thinking skills that one obtains in the educational experience.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

As a British man, I can tell you that I quite like Trump. You have a handful of scary people running for POTUS. I find him the least terrifying of the lot.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
a reply to: reldra
You did know most classes you take in post High School are completely geared for the professor's way of thinking , yes ? Just nod.This teaches NOTHING of the real world . I would rather have an ounce of common sense than a pound of the professor cramming loads of BS into my head. Thanks but no thanks. Ever wonder why the people in this country are so sensitive ? And exactly what is the PC crowd ? . Or some of the ridiculous statements I have heard from "college" educated kids . They cant teach a history class as it happened. It is the way the instructor thinks history happened.

And this horse crap is becoming more prevalent n high school and even earlier now...

How exactly did my calc. prof put a liberal bend on resolving the area of a sphere?
How do you do "leftist" computer science?
This is really just anti-intellectualism at its worst - and the conservative movement is proud of a position that would deprive them of their cell phones, plasma TV sets, and blood thinning drugs?

When I lived in the Midwest I would often see bumper stickers on beat up trucks that read "Don't complain about farmers with your mouth full"

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Lets keep up this debate. However lets get back to the OP.

Trump Media Manipulation? Claims to have support of women and minorities, but where are they?

You see, if you looked at the provided links of past elections it is within the last 20 years that college people have voted predominately Democrat and I am also sure that there are not all graduates but current students. They just love to tell people they are in grad school and then when they get into Obamas society they cannot even find a job a McDonalds.

It is the independent voter and what is known as the Blue Dog Democrat who will decide this race in 2016. Middle aged women who remember Lewinsky will shy away from Hill. You can see it in polls. Minorities, historically and in the last few elections a 99 to 1 ratio, are now are 5-12% for the GOP. That is enough to swing the current Reuters polls that have Clinton winning by less than 6%.

THESE are all facts. Use the internets and look it up if you like.

Education will mean nothing and is NOT a part of this thread. Lets debate.....

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: olbe66

It works out like this:

Have you ever wandered into a History thread? I had a professor for US History since 1867 who taught the entire course through a liberal, progressive Critical Race Theory lens. I would take reams of notes every day, and being a freshman and an athlete and unsure of myself, I secured a tutor for the course. My tutor was a Vietnam vet who looked at my notes every evening and kept making comments like, "What? It didn't happen like that ... What is he teaching you?!" So I quickly found out that History is a multi-faceted subject.

I also took a feminist course and one on early theatre from a feminist perspective mainly because of the course title ('Tis a Pity She's a Whore). Those contrasted sharply with what I'd learned in my more traditional Brit Lit courses covering the same time period.

Some subjects have plenty of room to inject some subjectivity. That's just the way it is.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Minorities who are here legally are taking it on the chin from illegals are going to look hard at someone like Trump.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes they are. An open mind and looking at all sides of an argument, yours, mine and the facts are the best way to make a sound judgement.

If Trump was not in the race right now. I cannot even imagine what would be in the forefront right now. Scary.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
All I know is trump has just increased his long list of growing lies.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Should any candidate that has been shown to lie be eligible to run for president?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

I wasn't asking about your education. That's none of my business. I was just saying that having a degree means you know how to study a book. That will give you critical thinking skills in the field you major in.

My apologies. When someone uses the word "you" I take that as referring to me, specifically. That is how I use the word and if I am using it in another sense, I try to include a caveat for the reader.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Should any candidate that has been shown to lie be eligible to run for president?

Why do you ask?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join