It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Media Manipulation? Claims to have support of women and minorities, but where are they?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It must be frustrating to the left to have lack-luster support for Bernie and the front runner for democrats be a lying manipulative evil crone like Hillary lead.
Add to that, the social pressure to call all Trump supporters stupid having failed with Trumps ever growing poll numbers.

The democrats are left with Hillary to carry on Obama's legacy of failure and weakness.

I can see why so many of you are constantly angry.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Dude, you have no statistics that claim having a college education makes you better suited to choose a candidate than not having a college education. This was all BS that was brought into the limelight by the left during the Romney/Obama election.

I never made any claims about level of education making you better suited to choosing a candidate. I just proved statistically that most of Trump's support comes from lower educated people while higher educated people aren't picking him. I also said (as a separate point) that higher education correlates to better critical thinking. You may want to go reread my posts in the thread; you appear to either be pitching a strawman here or have completely lost the context of my posts since you've sandwiched two points I made into one point.

Seriously, it doesn't amount to crap as far as picking the more qualified candidate. Do you have the stats on who the uneducated vote more in favor of? I'd be willing to bet that more uneducated people below poverty vote democratic than Republican.

I really don't care actually. I'm not here to defend the left or the right. Though I'd appreciate it if you'd use some critical thinking skills and apply them to what I'm saying instead of inventing your own conversation in your head.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Of course, most of Trump's support is also located in formerly Democrat blue collar areas along the East Coast. If he makes it to the general, there is actually a good chance he could take New York. That's how strong his support is. They used to call those voters Reagan Democrats.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Go ahead and post those statistics please.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

a reply to: howmuch4another

Absolutely... I'd love to see the stats of how uneducated people vote. Especially those that lack even a little bit of a public High School education.

Absolutely? did you even read what you are quoting and replying to? Just wow - it clearly states "undocumented". Undocumented immigrants do not have the right to vote in this country. All the more reason you should take some of what's been mentioned in this thread and attend college.

You're right. They aren't allowed to vote....legally. But being the critical thinker you are surely you don't think that means it isn't happening.

The process in California is....get a DL and you are now automatically registered to vote....vote.

No way to police it and frankly my state doesn't want to.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Statistics please. Still willing to wait for you to back up your statement.

If you don't see how more education means that you are more likely to be able to think better than someone with less education then there is no amount of statistics I can post to help you. You'll probably just dismiss them anyways.

So you've got nothing. Got it.

Let's flip this on its head. Do you think that it is a valid claim to make that higher education DOESN'T make people into better critical thinkers?

I would say its a valid claim that having a degree does not ensure that you are a critical thinker. The brain is like a muscle and when you think you are smarter than everyone else you tend to exercise it less. Many liberals are not critical thinkers because they have atrophied their brain.

I have a BSIT, so I am allowed to comment on people having or not having degrees. I have had to hire people into IT and I can tell you now that a degree means nothing in the IT field, a field that everyone can agree that requires critical thinking every moment of the day.

The message in the OP is just a political tactic to take advantage of non-critical non-thinkers. They are trying to manipulate the follower vote. The people that want to win no matter what. The type of people that jump off bridges because someone else did. The type of people that require their peer's approval.

I see it has worked on some people in this thread already, but don't worry if you vote for Hillary it means you are smart and not a racist.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Go ahead and post those statistics please.

www.nytimes.com...

This being the Times, they are doing their best to correlate it with Internet searches for racially charged topics of course, but the gist of it is that his strongest support is in certain districts in New York and among voters who were recently registered to Democrats or are Democrats leaning Republican.

And I'm not sure why you would be so skeptical of this since as so many have pointed out, Trump isn't really a conservative in the classical sense.
edit on 5-1-2016 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Tell ya what, I'll post some numbers for you.

Found here:
ropercenter.cornell.edu...

INCOME:

Less than $50K
Obama - 60%
Romney - 38%

$50,000 - $90,000
Obama - 46%
Romney - 52%

Over $100K
Obama - 44%
Romney - 54%

EDUCATION:

Some HS
Obama - 64%
Romney - 35%

HS Graduate
Obama - 51%
Romney - 48%

Some College
Obama - 49%
Romney - 48%

College Graduate
Obama - 47%
Romney - 51%

Postgrads
Obama - 55%
Romney - 42%

I'll let you decide. I can guarantee you there are far more uneducated and "some HS" that voted for obama than postgraduates.
edit on 5-1-2016 by LSU0408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

That link is debated in this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: BIGPoJo
I would say its a valid claim that having a degree does not ensure that you are a critical thinker. The brain is like a muscle and when you think you are smarter than everyone else you tend to exercise it less. Many liberals are not critical thinkers because they have atrophied their brain.

I never said that a degree means you are a good critical thinker. I've been saying all along that more education means you likely have better critical thinking skills. Obviously some people can't be helped in that department, but for most humans more education means better critical thinking skills. Especially when it applies to college education.

I have a BSIT, so I am allowed to comment on people having or not having degrees. I have had to hire people into IT and I can tell you now that a degree means nothing in the IT field, a field that everyone can agree that requires critical thinking every moment of the day.

I work in IT too and can testify to this too, but knowing how to perform your admin duties isn't the same as having critical thinking skills.

The message in the OP is just a political tactic to take advantage of non-critical non-thinkers. They are trying to manipulate the follower vote. The people that want to win no matter what. The type of people that jump off bridges because someone else did. The type of people that require their peer's approval.

I see it has worked on some people in this thread already, but don't worry if you vote for Hillary it means you are smart and not a racist.

I never mentioned Hillary or if I supported her in this thread so this is just a low blow partisan snipe. It certainly isn't an application of critical thinking.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

For the second time, I don't care and that has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say. You apparently have lost my point and are just going to continue to have the conversation you think I'm saying in your head so I'm just going to leave you to your numbers.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: hangedman13

In regards to the NBPP, they're not even remotely in the same league as the KKK, Aryan Nation or American Nazi Party.

I bet they might have more followers and supporters and, they are very popular.

I guess next time you shop for a doctor or surgeon and it says under their name "Dr. John Doe has no college degree, he has never attended college" you will have no problems putting your faith in them to perform on your body, on your life right?

If not - why would you put that faith on one's who can vote?

Speaking of critical thinking skills.... His post was in response to black supremacy groups. As far as doctors, however, they have critical thinking skills in the medical field (not politics), and damn near all doctors despise obamacare if that tells you anything.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This will show you elections back quite a bit...

www.gallup.com...

College students are historically left leaning. They follow the crowd and the professors....
Look closely and you will see results from Reagan that are mirroring what we are seeing with Trump.
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-05T15:34:10-06:000310 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theySeeme

I'm really starting to feel sorry for you.

I said absolutely to this:

"Adult unauthorized immigrants are disproportionately likely to be poorly educated. Among unauthorized immigrants ages 25-64, 47% have less than a high school education.

My next post had nothing to do with illegals. I think you've dug too far to get out of the hole you're in.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   

If having a degree makes it more likely you are a good critical thinker but having a degree doesn't guarantee that you are a good critical thinker, please explain your rationale. It would then seem to me that there is no really good case to be made that the degree and critical thinking have much of a relationship beyond correlation at most.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Having a piece of paper that says you have an education at the college level doesn't mean you have any more common sense than the guy that graduated High School and didn't go to college, or didn't graduate from college.

True, but it may lend to the idea that they are more intelligent.

You can tell me I've got racist undertones all you want, it has zero effect on me.

Yes it does. If you are a racist or have racist beliefs and are not willing to be forthright about it, it shows a lack of integrity and honesty. Openly-racist people at least have the balls to admit they are racist.

In fact, not coddling and pitying minorities and how it constitutes a racist ideology in your head actually speaks volumes.

No really. I don't coddle or pity minorities, but I also don't antagonize and demonize them. There is a big difference.

Ok well you've got it all wrong. I've never antagonized someone for being something other than what I am. I've demonized every race and gender, so there's that, no discrimination here. "Having balls to admit you're a racist" is some craptastic reverse psychology, and that junk don't work on me. You'll have to find some joker to try it on.

Yeah, you may be more intelligent with a college degree, but that has nothing to do with "critical thinking skills" and common sense. That just means you know how to study a book. Come on.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

You didn't prove anything lol. I, however, proved that the less educated vote democratic, along with those below poverty.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I don't have a college education. I was lucky enough to test out of high school my sophomore year and spent what was supposed to be my last two years of HS attending college. Just after I turned 18, I was able to make more money doing what I was doing that it was not worth the time or money to finish my education.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Tell ya what, I'll post some numbers for you.

Found here:
ropercenter.cornell.edu...

INCOME:

Less than $50K
Obama - 60%
Romney - 38%

$50,000 - $90,000
Obama - 46%
Romney - 52%

Over $100K
Obama - 44%
Romney - 54%

EDUCATION:

Some HS
Obama - 64%
Romney - 35%

HS Graduate
Obama - 51%
Romney - 48%

Some College
Obama - 49%
Romney - 48%

College Graduate
Obama - 47%
Romney - 51%

Postgrads
Obama - 55%
Romney - 42%

I'll let you decide. I can guarantee you there are far more uneducated and "some HS" that voted for obama than postgraduates.

I am not sure if I should feel bad for you because you contradict yourself in literally every post.

Let us decide? You just cited a source that clearly shows there are far more EDUCATED postgrads that voted for Obama.

College Graduate
Obama - 47%
Romney - 51%

Postgrads
Obama - 55%

Romney - 42%

Secondly, the "Some Highschool" argument is completely invalid considering most folks who dropped out of school that voted for Obama voted because they wanted education reforms he promised. They didn't vote for him just because they have "Some highschool" experience.

Why do you hang on to these things by tiny little hairs so cripplingly? Lighten up dude, it's not that deep, and the self-contradictions you are posting are very painful to watch.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Ok den

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join