It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Media Manipulation? Claims to have support of women and minorities, but where are they?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

I wasn't telling you anything actually. But what I was implying with that post you responded to (which was also highlighted further down the thread) is that college educated people have better critical thinking skills than non-college educated people. This is because critical thinking is a skill that is stressed very highly in college education and within ALL majors.

Geeez....I'm with others on your elitist statement.
Please show us those statistics. I'm interested enough to wait.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

So you don't think that people who have been going to school for 1 - 8 years longer than high school students would overall be able to think and analyze things better than their less educated brethren? Interesting...
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

In regards to the NBPP, they're not even remotely in the same league as the KKK, Aryan Nation or American Nazi Party.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Statistics please. Still willing to wait for you to back up your statement.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Indeed... Like the Harvard Law students having the bar exam shut down so they could mourn a black criminal that was gunned down by police after trying to take an officer's weapon and fight him.

This is what the resident liberals are calling critical thinkers. Absolutely astounding.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

If you don't see how more education means that you are more likely to be able to think better than someone with less education then there is no amount of statistics I can post to help you. You'll probably just dismiss them anyways.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:13 PM
link   

If you don't see how more education means that you are more likely to be able to think better than someone with less education then there is no amount of statistics I can post to help you. You'll probably just dismiss them anyways.

So you've got nothing. Got it.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

You'll never convince me

That is a sign of a closed mind that is not open to facts and logic.

that those same people who got obama elected twice have critical thinking skills.

That's because you disagree with Obama and his policies. Plenty of real smart people disagree with your brand of politics and voted for Obama.

It doesn't take critical thinking skills (at a 'college level') to figure that out. Just a little common sense, which will take you much farther in life

You have to use critical thinking skills to decide what is common sense, and even then it is subjective.

I'd also like to comment on a post you made earlier:

Exactly. Calling us stupid, uneducated, and racist is just their desperate attempt to make us look stupid if we support Trump in any way, shape, or form.

The Trump issue aside, when is it appropriate to call a spade a spade? I understand we have to abide by decorum guidelines on this site to keep the discussions civil, but at what point are we able to correctly point out that someone's position is rooted in stupidity, a lack of education in certain areas or racism?

You yourself have said a few things that indicate you may hold a racist ideology. I will not say it's true or not, but if it becomes clear, when are we able to point out their racism as a matter of fact and not because of the candidate they support?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Which taught you nothing about which candidate would be a better fit. Your offense at the over-generalization, as you put it, is ironic considering that you agreed with KrazySh0t's over-generalization that college educated people make better decisions when it comes to choosing a presidential candidate because they're better critical thinkers. LOL

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Are you kidding me??? Stormfront is a freaking internet forum. I can't believe you'd let a poster label everyone as racists or klan members just for supporting a certain candidate. Not to mention, the NBPP, NAACP, and other black supremacist hate groups endorsed obama and nobody batted an eye.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I wonder who the undocumented immigrants want as POTUS?.....they must have horrible judgement according to the logic in this thread.

Adult unauthorized immigrants are disproportionately likely to be poorly educated. Among unauthorized immigrants ages 25-64, 47% have less than a high school education.

www.pewhispanic.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You said

"But what I was implying with that post you responded to (which was also highlighted further down the thread) is that college educated people have better critical thinking skills than non-college educated people. This is because critical thinking is a skill that is stressed very highly in college education and within ALL majors."

You did not say only, you said better. That implies that a person with a degree has better critical thinking skills.

Also, I did not say you said ALL college grads can Critically Think. I said I, meaning me, know a few that are a few IQ points away for SSI benefits.

edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-05T14:27:41-06:000241 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   
REDACTED>>>>
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-05T14:30:04-06:000204 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:29 PM
link   

So you've got nothing. Got it.

Let's flip this on its head. Do you think that it is a valid claim to make that higher education DOESN'T make people into better critical thinkers?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
You did not say only, you said better. That implies that a person with a degree has better critical thinking skills.

On average that is the case. I never said it holds true 100% of the time though. Some people really ARE beyond hope with improving their thinking regardless of how much education they receive, but the MAJORITY of the human race improves their critical thinking skills with more education. Otherwise there wouldn't be a need for college.

Also, I did not say you said ALL college grads can Critically Think. I said I, meaning me, know a few that are a few IQ points away for SSI benefits.

And I don't care about anecdotes.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

So you don't think that people who have been going to school for 1 - 8 years longer than high school students would overall be able to think and analyze things better than their less educated brethren? Interesting...

It's nice to bump into a wise man like yourself from time to time - keep the sheep fog away from your Aura

What people need to and fail to understand in relation to this discussion is that I called it a Klan rally as a means of describing what it appears to be in direct contradiction to him claiming he has 40% of support of minorities and women. The majority of Klan members are "majorities" and MEN.

It wasn't really a "deeply" rooted racial gem I placed inside the topic to incite a riot or anything like that, but the fact that people are caught up on a 4 letter word instead of the facts pertaining my topic says a lot - it's exactly what Donald Trump does - instead of manning up to answer a question, he deflects it by discussing the tiniest portion of it.

Then he tells Hillary she's an idiot for refusing to.

Interestingly enough they are both idiots.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

No, not at all. I don't think it makes one iota of a difference whether you have a college education or not.

For instance, the left has time and again favored obama's choice to write Executive Orders/Actions to overwrite the decisions made by Congress. Being a critical thinker, you'd think they would realize that he set the new standard for doing things the way you want them done, and that it will no longer be something the left can be upset about once a GOP candidate becomes president and decides to do the same thing to get something passed that he wants, and Congress doesn't.

It appears to me, that having the ability to look ahead at underlying consequences and what sequence of events you might open following a poor decision would be more beneficial to a person than being able to take a test and get a piece of paper stating that you've earned a degree and "critical thinking" skills. A college education doesn't instill the skills to think ahead, obviously, like common sense does.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

You said

"But what I was implying with that post you responded to (which was also highlighted further down the thread) is that college educated people have better critical thinking skills than non-college educated people. This is because critical thinking is a skill that is stressed very highly in college education and within ALL majors."

"You didn't say violet, you said purple"

Typical trump supporter like behavior right here, I mean really - if you understood what he meant, why are you caught up on detailed specifics which belong in a category not even related to the topic at hand? How obsurd is that?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Donald Trump is the Larry Flynt of politics

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

No, not at all. I don't think it makes one iota of a difference whether you have a college education or not.

For instance, the left has time and again favored obama's choice to write Executive Orders/Actions to overwrite the decisions made by Congress. Being a critical thinker, you'd think they would realize that he set the new standard for doing things the way you want them done, and that it will no longer be something the left can be upset about once a GOP candidate becomes president and decides to do the same thing to get something passed that he wants, and Congress doesn't.

It appears to me, that having the ability to look ahead at underlying consequences and what sequence of events you might open following a poor decision would be more beneficial to a person than being able to take a test and get a piece of paper stating that you've earned a degree and "critical thinking" skills. A college education doesn't instill the skills to think ahead, obviously, like common sense does.

The fact that you say "The left" tells us everything we need to know. You are not worthy of partaking in an honest debated discussion because you are already on a side - where as us other intellectuals have no side, we see it and tell it for what it is.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join