It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Media Manipulation? Claims to have support of women and minorities, but where are they?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Just admit that you can't back up what you've stated. It's all too obvious that you can't.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408
A college education doesn't instill the skills to think ahead, obviously, like common sense does.

And neither does a brain surgeon
Just look at Ben Carson

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

No, not at all. I don't think it makes one iota of a difference whether you have a college education or not.

Have you actually been to college and gotten a degree?

For instance, the left has time and again favored obama's choice to write Executive Orders/Actions to overwrite the decisions made by Congress. Being a critical thinker, you'd think they would realize that he set the new standard for doing things the way you want them done, and that it will no longer be something the left can be upset about once a GOP candidate becomes president and decides to do the same thing to get something passed that he wants, and Congress doesn't.

For one, not everyone on the left is a good critical thinker, so your point there is completely irrelevant. For two, critical thinking (along with careful analysis of history) shows that Obama has done nothing new in regards to EO's as any of his predecessors.

It appears to me, that having the ability to look ahead at underlying consequences and what sequence of events you might open following a poor decision would be more beneficial to a person than being able to take a test and get a piece of paper stating that you've earned a degree and "critical thinking" skills. A college education doesn't instill the skills to think ahead, obviously, like common sense does.

So why do you support Trump? Obvious critical thinking shows that literally ALL of his "plans" for the country are untenable and would create far more problems than solve.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: IAMTAT

So you don't think that people who have been going to school for 1 - 8 years longer than high school students would overall be able to think and analyze things better than their less educated brethren? Interesting...

Well who do you think is responsible for all the financial crashes and government failures?

Most politicians that have done the most damage are lawyers.

Most of the geniuses that have caused the financial collapses have big college degrees too.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Having a piece of paper that says you have an education at the college level doesn't mean you have any more common sense than the guy that graduated High School and didn't go to college, or didn't graduate from college. You may be smarter as far as book smarts go, but as far as real life and things that go on in real life, you don't.

So you think people are stupid and racist for supporting Trump. That's up to you. You can tell me I've got racist undertones all you want, it has zero effect on me. In fact, not coddling and pitying minorities and how it constitutes a racist ideology in your head actually speaks volumes. Oddly enough, you'll never notice it within you.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: hangedman13

In regards to the NBPP, they're not even remotely in the same league as the KKK, Aryan Nation or American Nazi Party.

I bet they might have more followers and supporters and, they are very popular.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
a reply to: hangedman13

In regards to the NBPP, they're not even remotely in the same league as the KKK, Aryan Nation or American Nazi Party.

I bet they might have more followers and supporters and, they are very popular.

I guess next time you shop for a doctor or surgeon and it says under their name "Dr. John Doe has no college degree, he has never attended college" you will have no problems putting your faith in them to perform on your body, on your life right?

If not - why would you put that faith on one's who can vote?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

So you don't think that people who have been going to school for 1 - 8 years longer than high school students would overall be able to think and analyze things better than their less educated brethren? Interesting...

It's nice to bump into a wise man like yourself from time to time - keep the sheep fog away from your Aura

What people need to and fail to understand in relation to this discussion is that I called it a Klan rally as a means of describing what it appears to be in direct contradiction to him claiming he has 40% of support of minorities and women. The majority of Klan members are "majorities" and MEN.

It wasn't really a "deeply" rooted racial gem I placed inside the topic to incite a riot or anything like that, but the fact that people are caught up on a 4 letter word instead of the facts pertaining my topic says a lot - it's exactly what Donald Trump does - instead of manning up to answer a question, he deflects it by discussing the tiniest portion of it.

Then he tells Hillary she's an idiot for refusing to.

Interestingly enough they are both idiots.

Yea. I'm already used to this from talking to these same exact posters about Donald Trump. Every valid point you make about him is spun sideways, and obvious statements of reality (like more school correlates to better thinking skills) get doubted. Its par the course for a thread like this.

Funnily enough they are themselves proving the point made about how most of Trump's support comes from people with low critical thinking.
edit on 5-1-2016 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Absolutely... I'd love to see the stats of how uneducated people vote. Especially those that lack even a little bit of a public High School education.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Well who do you think is responsible for all the financial crashes and government failures?

Humans.

Most politicians that have done the most damage are lawyers.

So do you think that they didn't know what they were doing or something? Can one not use critical thinking to break the law or find loopholes within the law? I'd imagine that such a task would require a great DEAL of critical thinking.

Most of the geniuses that have caused the financial collapses have big college degrees too.

How many of those geniuses are in jail right now? How many are broke? Pretty brilliant if you ask me.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

a reply to: howmuch4another

Absolutely... I'd love to see the stats of how uneducated people vote. Especially those that lack even a little bit of a public High School education.

Absolutely? did you even read what you are quoting and replying to? Just wow - it clearly states "undocumented". Undocumented immigrants do not have the right to vote in this country. All the more reason you should take some of what's been mentioned in this thread and attend college.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   
A person who says that they will do a lot for you, as the voter, is the wrong choice. You need someone who want to do something for the country. When you pander to the voter with free healthcare, free college, 15 dollar minimum wage, equal LGBT rights..those are promises that can never be kept. Saying you are Pro-Life/Pro-Choice means nothing because the POTUS cannot determine an outcome but they can sway a voter.

When you say you want to do things for the country, like lower taxes, rebuild infrastructure,trim a budget or build a wall(:up
, they are things that would benefit everyone and not just your core voter base.

It does not take critical thinking to see that....

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
I just quickly glanced at the pictures but I saw a lot of women in those pictures and an asian guy.

Asians ... the forgotten minority because they don't play by the standard victim rules.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Here you go. From the 2012 election

www.gallup.com...

Here is the 2016 GOP

www.gallup.com... tiles

As you can see, High school grads prefer Carson Cruz and Rubio...
edit on 01pm31pmf0000002016-01-05T14:57:40-06:000240 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
A person who says that they will do a lot for you, as the voter, is the wrong choice. You need someone who want to do something for the country. When you pander to the voter with free healthcare, free college, 15 dollar minimum wage, equal LGBT rights..those are promises that can never be kept. Saying you are Pro-Life/Pro-Choice means nothing because the POTUS cannot determine an outcome but they can sway a voter.

When you say you want to do things for the country, like lower taxes, rebuild infrastructure,trim a budget or build a wall(:up
, they are things that would benefit everyone and not just your core voter base.

It does not take critical thinking to see that....

As an "old fart" it's getting pretty tiring isn't it? When politicians step up to the podium to plea for "sacrifice" it's odd that as long as I have lived on this rock, I never see those responsible for creating the problems sacrificing one damn thing! It's always on those who have done sacrificed enough.......

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Dude, you have no statistics that claim having a college education makes you better suited to choose a candidate than not having a college education. This was all BS that was brought into the limelight by the left during the Romney/Obama election.

Seriously, it doesn't amount to crap as far as picking the more qualified candidate. Do you have the stats on who the uneducated vote more in favor of? I'd be willing to bet that more uneducated people below poverty vote democratic than Republican.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Having a piece of paper that says you have an education at the college level doesn't mean you have any more common sense than the guy that graduated High School and didn't go to college, or didn't graduate from college.

True, but it may lend to the idea that they are more intelligent.

You can tell me I've got racist undertones all you want, it has zero effect on me.

Yes it does. If you are a racist or have racist beliefs and are not willing to be forthright about it, it shows a lack of integrity and honesty. Openly-racist people at least have the balls to admit they are racist.

In fact, not coddling and pitying minorities and how it constitutes a racist ideology in your head actually speaks volumes.

No really. I don't coddle or pity minorities, but I also don't antagonize and demonize them. There is a big difference.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: theySeeme

No, not at all. I don't think it makes one iota of a difference whether you have a college education or not.

For instance, the left has time and again favored obama's choice to write Executive Orders/Actions to overwrite the decisions made by Congress. Being a critical thinker, you'd think they would realize that he set the new standard for doing things the way you want them done, and that it will no longer be something the left can be upset about once a GOP candidate becomes president and decides to do the same thing to get something passed that he wants, and Congress doesn't.

It appears to me, that having the ability to look ahead at underlying consequences and what sequence of events you might open following a poor decision would be more beneficial to a person than being able to take a test and get a piece of paper stating that you've earned a degree and "critical thinking" skills. A college education doesn't instill the skills to think ahead, obviously, like common sense does.

The fact that you say "The left" tells us everything we need to know. You are not worthy of partaking in an honest debated discussion because you are already on a side - where as us other intellectuals have no side, we see it and tell it for what it is.

So says the guy that called a Trump speech a klan rally and calls "most" Trump supporters racist. Sorry man, but you don't have enough credibility to tell me that I'm not worthy of an honest debate.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join