It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

This is disturbing. I live in San Antonio. This city is getting more and more scary every day. People act like animals.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I don't dispute the need to be cautious and proactive. That is a given.

certain cars are known as hoodlum favorites, particularly full--size american sedans, and ESPECIALLY IMPALAS.

Ok. But if someone commits a crime and happens to be driving an Impala, do we automatically assume it's a "hoodlum"?

Is that logical?

While you worry about making bad assumptions, I'll keep my family alive thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 10:31 PM
link   
a reply to: geezlouise

omg. lets just throw rationale out the door because the situation at hand is tragic and hard to deal with. what he said makes perfect sense. people do not like bright lights shined on them. i turn my lights off if i see someone in front of me. its common courtesy and if the family had done this they wouldn't have been shot at. its just a fact. its not condoning criminal behavior. what happened is tragic and anyone who would shoot at people for shining lights in their car is a lunatic. saying that they shouldn't have been shining their lights at someone else isnt condoning this asshole behavior.

please try to be rational. saying his comment condones criminal behavior is completely outlandish.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Stereotyping does have it's place in some real world situations

I would love to hear in what real world situations you think stereotyping would be justified.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ok, so I asked around a bit because this happened on the other side of town from me but I've got people over there. This happened in a very shady part of town at night. And they just happened to be on the ghetto side of downtown SA driving around looking for a tire shop? Nope. Sounds like drugs or gambling and somebody couldn't pay the piper. No gang member is going to fire nine shots in the middle of one of the most traversed streets in the city, where there are bicycle and foot patrol as well as cops driving around...at least no gang member would do that and then remain alive long enough to get arrested. Not around here, anyway.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
If that is what happened, over some lights. Well some people are crazy and beyond helping... Death sentence would be the fastest option.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco
Could be, and who knows such things are rarely at face value, and again who knows likely for the courts or investigators to find out. But if this kid dies or is dead its still murder either way.

And if its at face value and that is what happened some family traveling somewhere pulling over to look up there gps. Well, nuff said. I understand people should be mindful of there surroundings, but done deeds, is done deeds.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Sounds like a family got into a gang infested area. Not totally uncommon for this to happen, and it truly shows where the gun problem in America is actually at.

Keep your anti gun bs out of this debate. Guns are attainable anywhere regardless of laws. End of discussion on that matter. You have no basis for disagreement it is an undeniable fact that criminals will always get them. Law abiding citizens have the right to arms and it is NOT an issue for law abiding citizens to have them. Your point is moot.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Sounds like a family got into a gang infested area. Not totally uncommon for this to happen, and it truly shows where the gun problem in America is actually at.

Gangs buy guns diverted from the 'legal' market. So... uh....

Irony that people say 'criminals don't follow the gun laws anyways so it wont change anything' the problem is there are a lot more criminals out there than people realize, who are classed as legal owners ("losing" or selling their legal guns, reporting them missing, stolen, or simply selling them to people who aren't legally allowed to buy them) which means that there are a lot more criminal 'legal' gun owners (sellers) than people realize.
edit on 3-1-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: NpcHunter13

You have no basis for disagreement it is an undeniable fact that criminals will always get them. Law abiding citizens have the right to arms and it is NOT an issue for law abiding citizens to have them. Your point is moot.

But where do criminals get them? In UK criminals have knives. In Japan, gun crime is nonexiste nt.

Criminals don't make their own guns = newsflash.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
a reply to: introvert

Stereotyping does have it's place in some real world situations

I would love to hear in what real world situations you think stereotyping would be justified.

Police in the USA do it all the time.

Over here when I see a guy stumbling around the road at night, I stereotype him as a drunk.

When I see a person enter a store wearing a ski mask that covers his face, I will probably stereotype him as a robber.

When I see a person wearing a burka, I will probably stereotype that person as a muslim.

Amazing how it works

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: NpcHunter13

You have no basis for disagreement it is an undeniable fact that criminals will always get them. Law abiding citizens have the right to arms and it is NOT an issue for law abiding citizens to have them. Your point is moot.

But where do criminals get them? In UK criminals have knives. In Japan, gun crime is nonexiste nt.

I don't believe there is any heroin manufactured in the US, yet it is commonly available, despite it being completely illegal.
Somehow, it finds its way across the borders.
How would guns be any different?

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Man... this incident says it all how f"k&*d up some places and people in the USA are. Is there any hope that things will become better in the future?

The other day I read an article about the privatisation of the US prisons.. How corruption sensitive this system is and even a Judge is caught sentesing people just for keeping those jails occupied.

When you reduce everything to zero you can ask yourself if the US government with its in your face corrupt officials are not responsible for the repugnant behaviour/ crimes commited in the nation.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: NpcHunter13
Keep your anti gun bs out of this debate. Guns are attainable anywhere regardless of laws. End of discussion on that matter. You have no basis for disagreement it is an undeniable fact that criminals will always get them. Law abiding citizens have the right to arms and it is NOT an issue for law abiding citizens to have them. Your point is moot.

Lol what is your problem? I said the real issue with guns is this..guns in the hands of gang members/criminals...I'm on your side lol

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Gangs buy guns diverted from the 'legal' market. So... uh....

Irony that people say 'criminals don't follow the gun laws anyways so it wont change anything' the problem is there are a lot more criminals out there than people realize, who are classed as legal owners ("losing" or selling their legal guns, reporting them missing, stolen, or simply selling them to people who aren't legally allowed to buy them) which means that there are a lot more criminal 'legal' gun owners (sellers) than people realize.

Lol I said " it truly shows where the gun problem in America is actually at." So in this situation where is the issue...Drum Roll Please... the gang member/criminal... Explain to me how my post got your panties all in a wad? You could be right that there are a lot of criminals, but out of the 8000 handgun murders about 6000+ are directly related to gang violence. This wasn't someone out doing a crime, it was a gang member pissed off that someone was in his territory.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

This is disturbing. I live in San Antonio. This city is getting more and more scary every day. People act like animals.

I lived there from 2003 to 2008 and loved it. I was a little north of the city though, but even back then the gang problem wasn't huge. I had no issues going to some seedier parts of town to get the best Mexican food/breakfast burritos.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: zatara

Man... this incident says it all how f"k&*d up some places and people in the USA are. Is there any hope that things will become better in the future?

America is huge, where I live in the North West, Chicago has more gun violence in a weekend then we would see in a decade.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Did UK outlaws knives too then?

I lived in Japan for 5 years and yes the population does not have guns, but most businesses pay "protection money" or get beat up, store vandalized etc. Nice trade off. The bad guys, Yakuza, do have guns but they only need them for defense. The low class street thug (moped bikers hehe) use knives, bats and chains, they need little else to do what they want. The good news is the society as a whole is not super violent, and people will do anything to save face. Most Japanese would just bow to them saying sumimasen over and over doing whatever they want.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Lol what is your problem? I said the real issue with guns is this..guns in the hands of gang members/criminals...I'm on your side lol

Well you said there was a gun problem in this country. No there isn't. There is a criminal problem. We only have the highest statistic because of our population. Per person we aren't even close to the highest violent crime country even among first world countries. Britain is far worse on a per capita basis.

I misread your intentions. You said there was a gun problem in the US. Yeah clearly, in the areas with higher levels of gun control.
edit on 3-1-2016 by NpcHunter13 because: forgot to add something.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Well you said there was a gun problem in this country. No there isn't. There is a criminal problem. We only have the highest statistic because of our population. Per person we aren't even close to the highest violent crime country even among first world countries. Britain is far worse on a per capita basis.

lol whatever

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join