It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

I hope that he is charged if he was the one that shot the girl. Overall, though, that is irrelevant to my point.

a reply to: butcherguy

Easy out for you.
If you admit to being street wise, you admit to stereotyping.
The subject of the OP, that we have been commenting on, happened in real life.... not on an Internet forum.
You are playing games.

It is irrelevant.

You falsely assumed that this was a gang banger just because of the car that was at the scene. He could be a gang banger for all we know, but it is illogical to assume something just based on the car they drive.

That was my point and I have already shown the fallacy in your thinking.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JayTeee

Those who can, do.

Those who cant say they can all day every day on the internet.

Wouldn't that also apply to the puffed-chest machismos trying to inflate their credibility by claiming to be street wise?

Could be overweight middle-aged men that have never left Redneck, Arkansas trying to suppress their inadequacies by talking about their street creds.

Such is the internet.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

You falsely assumed that this was a gang banger just because of the car that was at the scene.

Did I?
You can provide the post.
I have only edited one post... and that was to add.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
introvert

You falsely assumed that this was a gang banger just because of the car that was at the scene.

Actually that assumption ended up being correct, reinforcing that stereotypes exist for a reason.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Did I?

Then you still have much to learn.
Black Escalade.

originally posted by: JayTeee
introvert

Actually that assumption ended up being correct, reinforcing that stereotypes exist for a reason.

Hindsight is 20-20.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

introvert

The member admitted that stereotyping works, if one wants to be streetwise, but refuses to admit to being streetwise.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Did I?

Then you still have much to learn.
Black Escalade.

introvert

Hindsight is 20-20.

Fail.
Where did I state that this crime was carried out by a gangbanger.
The quote that you found was me responding to your assertion that gangbangers only drive gray Impalas.

Do you understand what I am asking for?
Or are you being disingenuous?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Sounds like a family got into a gang infested area. Not totally uncommon for this to happen, and it truly shows where the gun problem in America is actually at.

Thank you for seeing the obvious and commenting.

Gang members (criminals) should not have assess to guns.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
not even read every post cause i know exactly whats been posted,americans saying if they had a gun it wouldn,t have happened,rest of the world saying are yous blinded to your stupidity?

the child should have been packing and she would have had a chance,she,ll remember next time to have her 9mm in her lunch box ready for easy access.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: sparky31

It really hasn't been like that at all.
Mostly about cars.
Funny thing.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: hellobruce

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The family says they were in the area looking for a tire shop.

Looking for a tire shop, at night with the family in the car?

I see your point.

The family had a flat just down the road, changed to the donut spare, and was looking for a tire shop.

I have been there myself in a small town in South Carolina responding to an ice storm and depending on my GPS (her name is 'Lola).

OR

This nefarious individual took his family to this "KZ' to buy dope…?

Does not compute.

Thank you.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I lost brain power and iq points reading your silly and meaningless debate about stereotyping.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
I lost brain power and iq points reading your silly and meaningless debate about stereotyping.

Not a big loss, I'm sure.

No matter. I'm done here. This debate is about to come full circle and I don't like to play that game.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

That dude epitomizes a liberal cuckold.
edit on 2-1-2016 by JayTeee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

My apologies. I misread that.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 06:59 PM
link   

No apology necessary.
A star on your post.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

No apology necessary.
A star on your post.

I still stand by my original premise.

Stereotyping does have it's place in some real world situations, but as a tool being used in a debate is not logical when little or no evidence is available, and it only empowers the ignorant and bigoted.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

Grey impalas are a car I learned to be wary of early in life...no matter which side of the law. You haven't lived if you don't know that.

Grey Impalas are known for shooting people?

Are you deliberately being obtuse or are you just THAT naive ???

It's definitely not the family's fault, but any American who has lived in pretty much any medium sized city or larger, and has any common street sense knows to be very mindful or where you are and what the local streets and businesses start to look like.

They never should have pulled into a residential complex in the first place, but certain cars are known as hoodlum favorites, particularly full--size american sedans, and ESPECIALLY IMPALAS.

I've been places that if I had to stop at a red light I made sure I was not boxed in, and could easily pull around the other stopped cars just in case someone approached my vehicle.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: 8675309jenny

I don't dispute the need to be cautious and proactive. That is a given.

certain cars are known as hoodlum favorites, particularly full--size american sedans, and ESPECIALLY IMPALAS.

Ok. But if someone commits a crime and happens to be driving an Impala, do we automatically assume it's a "hoodlum"?

Is that logical?
edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 07:44 PM
link   

But if someone commits a crime and happens to be driving an Impala, do we automatically assume it's a "hoodlum"?

It would be more than likely knowing the streets.

edit on 1/2/2016 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join