It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

SAN ANTONIO - A young girl shot on Tuesday night remained in critical condition with a bullet possibly lodged near her spine.

According to the San Antonio Police Department, the shooting happened while the little girl sat in her family's car. They were apparently lost and were attempting to turn around in the 4600 block of Houston Street.

The family says they were in the area looking for a tire shop. They became lost and pulled into the parking lot of some townhomes to re-route a GPS device.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

"Investigators say the car's headlights were shining on another car, which appeared to annoy someone inside the vehicle, described as a gray 4-door Impala. A person inside the Impala got out, walked toward the family's car and fired nine shots."

Basically this family pulled into a parking lot, were attempting to reprogram their GPS, but because their headlights were annoying someone sitting in their car across the lot they were shot at - 9 shots into their vehicle. This individual thought randomly firing into another vehicle was OK because they were shining lights onto his/her car. WTF.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

Sad deal for sure and I hope the little girl survives.

I hate to say it like this, but this is why you must be mindful of your surroundings. Parking in a way where your lights are shining at another car is not very smart. Especially in an area that you don't know.

I don't condone this shooting, but this is gang related behavior IMO. I travel a bit and have ended up in some very shady places. I can promise you that me being mindful to my surroundings and politeness saved my ass.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Text WTF.

Indeed
What happened to ' excuse me sir, but would you mind awfully ... '
ect

I hope they find who did it

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

I'm thinking that the guy who shot was most likely a gang member thinking he was being run up on by a rival gang, very sad that a young girl has had her life ruined by this pos actions.

There's a special place in hell reserved for degenerate pos like him, and he will get his in return, if only by my own hand.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I hate to say it like this, but this is why you must be mindful of your surroundings. Parking in a way where your lights are shining at another car is not very smart. Especially in an area that you don't know.

Bs

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Sounds like a family got into a gang infested area. Not totally uncommon for this to happen, and it truly shows where the gun problem in America is actually at.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:34 PM
link   
This breaks my heart.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

What's BS?

This was most likely a bad area of town. Gang bangers don't like being disrespected and being mindful of your and their surroundings is a must.

Again, I'm not defending the shooter, but a little common sense could have helped immensely.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Merika!

Dont like it shoot it!

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Some neighborhoods are not good to visit in places. I feel sorry that they got into a situation like that. The thing is, you aren't going to get guns out of the hands of those kinds of people no matter how many laws you make.

Hopefully the girl lives and doesn't have too many problems. It doesn't say if anyone else got injured in the article. Nine shots is a lot of bullets to be flying through a car.

Hopefully they get some of those people off the street, sounds like a pretty nasty place. The article stresses the reason why they had to stop which tends to tell me it is a pretty bad neighborhood that they wouldn't have gone to without a reason..

+18 more 
posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
I'm sure the guy that did this was courteous enough to get his weapon at a reputable gun shop and was put through the normal background check.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Just because it was,a family does not mean that one of the parents were not looking for drugs. Plenty of people in the suburbs travel out of their locale for drugs. I'm not confident that the entire story is told..would like to know the family history on the parents.
edit on 2-1-2016 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I feel like your attitude accommodates criminal behavior.
Which feels evil. Just sayin.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco

Just because it was,a family does not mean that one of the parents were not looking for drugs. Plenty of people in the suburbs travel out of their locale for drugs. I'm not confident that the entire story is told..would like to know the family history on the parents.

You would make a good investigator. That's the spirit. How easy it is to believe a certain scenario on face value. All well and good if it is a simple case of victimhood, but it could be a prime excuse from engaging in certain activities and being caught out by something going wrong. Humans are good at coming up with excuses and it is always healthy in these matters to pursue a lateral course of investigation and not assume innocence on face value.

The motives for the attack and the reasons for them being there should be established. However, murder is murder no matter how it occurred.

There are a lot of possibilities relating to the motive and the reason for the family being there. It is unusual because even the most monstrous human being is not likely to shoot 9 shots into a stranger's car where children are present just because of being dazzled or disturbed. If the attacker was that unaware of there being a child in the car then chances are they would not have walked up to a car with a gun like that because it might be the authorities shining the headlights like the police do sometimes.

There is always the possibility of it being an out of the blue insane and unprovoked attack, but equally possible the attacker knew the victims and had a motive that the victims are hiding.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Obviously a gang banger or a John with a hooker. This is why law abiding citizens need to arm themselves.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: errorcode

What's BS?

Gang bangers don't like being disrespected

Disrespected? How about getting a JOB, and a life. That is respectful. Gang bangers HAVE no respect--for themselves nor others.

Hope whoever did this gets caught.

If people are SO sensitive that they get upset by car lights bugging them, they need to quit the gang. lol. a bunch of babies really.. never grew up.
edit on 1/2/2016 by Pharyax because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: chrismarco

You would make a good investigator. That's the spirit. How easy it is to believe a certain scenario on face value. All well and good if it is a simple case of victimhood, but it could be a prime excuse from engaging in certain activities and being caught out by something going wrong. Humans are good at coming up with excuses and it is always healthy in these matters to pursue a lateral course of investigation and not assume innocence on face value.

The motives for the attack and the reasons for them being there should be established. However, murder is murder no matter how it occurred.

There are a lot of possibilities relating to the motive and the reason for the family being there. It is unusual because even the most monstrous human being is not likely to shoot 9 shots into a stranger's car where children are present just because of being dazzled or disturbed. If the attacker was that unaware of there being a child in the car then chances are they would not have walked up to a car with a gun like that because it might be the authorities shining the headlights like the police do sometimes.

There is always the possibility of it being an out of the blue insane and unprovoked attack, but equally possible the attacker knew the victims and had a motive that the victims are hiding.

Exactly. I am appalled, but not surprised, by some of the knee jerk opinions I have read here.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Idiots...give up your guns quick so just these animals and the government animals have them...fools

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Blackmarketeer guarantee the culprit was of African descent, if not, I shall eat my hat

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
There is very little information to go on here. Why do some believe it was "gang bangers"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join