It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: threeeyesopen
a reply to: Blackmarketeer

I'm thinking that the guy who shot was most likely a gang member thinking he was being run up on by a rival gang, very sad that a young girl has had her life ruined by this pos actions.

There's a special place in hell reserved for degenerate pos like him, and he will get his in return, if only by my own hand.

This was my thought as well. While reading, for some reason it reminded me of the scene "Boyz n the Hood" Starring Ice Cube.

Usually headlights are used to blind people during drive by's. Used to live in the "hood" filled with gang members who would war with one another. (One of many reasons I didn't go out at night. )

But I can assure you, there has been cases of mistaken-ed identity mostly either look alikes to rival gang members, or "that wrong turn" where you enter an area filled with drug dealers. I've taken wrong turns before, and in those situations, you do not want to look at anyone there in a "threatening" way.

These things are far more common than you think, especially in the ghettos. They simply aren't reported much on mainstream.

It is tragic that these things happens. Hope the girl is alright in this case.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I lived there from 2003 to 2008 and loved it. I was a little north of the city though, but even back then the gang problem wasn't huge. I had no issues going to some seedier parts of town to get the best Mexican food/breakfast burritos.

That's exactly why I don't think this family just happened upon some gang member. The location is too public, but even in the worst areas, no gang member is going to mistake someone for a rival gang and just shoot arbitrarily at them. It simply isn't like that here. It's perfectly safe still to walk around anywhere in town, shady or not...no one is going to mess with you unless you mess with them first.

There's really only one major gang in SA and they've been here forever, and they would not just shoot someone in the middle of Houston St. for some headlights being directed at their car. They're not that stupid...if they didn't get caught by the police, their gang would handle it, because that is calling unwanted attention to them unnecessarily and that is not tolerated. I know this to be a fact.

There are, however, a whole lot of transplants from New Orleans who are heavy in the drug trade and loan sharking, and they have zero compulsions about shooting someone who can't pay up, even if the person's family is right there. So it's introduced a much darker dynamic since their operations have gained a foothold. This wasn't gang-related. This was something personal.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: NpcHunter13

Well you said there was a gun problem in this country. No there isn't. There is a criminal problem. We only have the highest statistic because of our population. Per person we aren't even close to the highest violent crime country even among first world countries. Britain is far worse on a per capita basis. I misread your intentions. You said there was a gun problem in the US. Yeah clearly, in the areas with higher levels of gun control.

He was referring to the gun problem amongst the criminal population, which he already explained to you once. There is a gun problem in the US, and that problem is that criminals get them while our government is trying to strip the rest of us of the rights to them. I'd say that's one hell of a gun problem, wouldn't you? He's not anti-gun, so stop trying to turn it into that. Save that for a thread about gun-control.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
This wasn't gang-related. This was something personal.

Thanks for your perspective, I'm glad to hear since I might be moving back there one day, always loved San Antonio.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

That's about the most xenophobic/ignorant comment I could expect. Well done. 1-I guess you havent heard of protection rackets by the Italian/Irish Mobs in America? What about gang violence, etc? The point being gangs operating without guns cause less 6 year olds getting shot randomly in crossfire. But if you prefer that, by all means.

As for 'saving face', imagine a culture that respects each other and their public image. As far as "sumimasen" , you are really ripping on people for polite, or trying to insinuate Japanese people don't stick up for themselves? I think you misinterpret misplaced bravado for bravery.

2 stories in 2 days Ive read, 1 is a kid being shot because car lights shined into another car, the other was a kid getting shot in the back playing nikki nikki nine-doors. I bet those are real tough guys doing the shooting eh? They wouldnt say "sumimasen" they'd just shoot the kids or cars because they are not coward-nese /s (Heavy on the sarcasm)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: boncho
a reply to: NpcHunter13

You have no basis for disagreement it is an undeniable fact that criminals will always get them. Law abiding citizens have the right to arms and it is NOT an issue for law abiding citizens to have them. Your point is moot.

But where do criminals get them? In UK criminals have knives. In Japan, gun crime is nonexiste nt.

Criminals don't make their own guns = newsflash.

I don't believe there is any heroin manufactured in the US, yet it is commonly available, despite it being completely illegal.
Somehow, it finds its way across the borders.
How would guns be any different?

It's different because in this case the US is the Heroin dealer. The US is the largest Arms Exporter in the world.

There are an estimated 875 million small arms in circulation worldwide, produced by more than 1,000 companies from nearly 100 countries. All countries—and numerous non-state armed groups—procure small arms; the Small Arms Survey estimates that their annual authorized trade exceeds USD 8.5 billion.

Source

Canada's biggest problem with guns are guns that are shipped from the US over the border because of lax controls and over saturated market in the US.

It's easier for arms to be smuggled out of the States, into Canada, than to buy Canadian arms (when being diverted to the Canadian market) and that is saying something, since Canada itself has a high per capita ownership for guns. Except you need to be licensed to buy them and lost/stolen guns are investigated very thoroughly.

There's claims here that gun control wont do anything, but there's already been a few examples of other countries where gun control has nearly eliminated easy access to arms by criminals. You can also just do a search on the gun show loophole (barring NRA propaganda) and see that out of ''legal gun owners' (sellers) 20-60% (depending on the study) are willing to sell to someone who wouldn't pass a background check.

www.statcan.gc.ca...

Id make another comparison on your heroin comment but its too absurd to begin with, so instead Ill just put it this way: It would be less harmful for it to be freely sold (as it was pre-1900s) than it is to have guns easily accessible without any restrictions on buyers and no follow ups on illegal sales/diversions.

The irony shouldn't be lost on the Corporatocracy that is America either, the nations plight against any varied interpretation to the 2nd amendment has zero to do with freedom, and everything to do with the leading export of arms sales. You think it would be good for arms manufacturers if there were tighter controls on their products? Of course not.

Canadian's is 12th on the list, France 11th, Norway 10th for guns per capita. Do you think any people in those countries are afraid of their government or feel they don't live in a free society? The idea that the US population could suddenly pull out the guns and big bad government would be afraid of them. Yeah, keep drinking that cool-aid. As your police militarize, the Patriot Act gets passed and you have Federal drones buzzing over your head. Pretty sure there are a dozen alphabet agencies just itching to label whoever it is as 'domestic terrorists' and make an example of. Total freedom dude, cause = guns.

The idea you need to carry around weapons to be free is such a foreign thought to people who live in countries that are truly free. (or at least freer)
edit on 4-1-2016 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 02:46 AM
link   
How completely detached must you be from reality to do something like this? Morality aside, do the consequences not even occur to them? Is it simply,

"There's one less set of headlights I have to worry about!"?

Does it not cross their mind,

"Hmm. I could very likely spend the rest of my life in a 6x8 cell for this".

Headlights. HEADLIGHTS. What's next? Someone pops their bubblegum a bit too loud? Someone farts within close proximity? Pointing their finger, picking their nose, asking for directions?

This world is absolutely ass backwards insane. I'm sick of it.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: boncho

Talk about absurd.

It's different because in this case the US is the Heroin dealer. 

Canada's biggest problem with guns are guns that are shipped from the US over the border because of lax controls and over saturated market in the US.

So is Canada the world's biggest gun smuggler?
Does the Canadian government facilitate gun smuggling from the US?
Please take the time to let the absurdity soak in.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:16 AM
link   

LOL So you mean you don't get many illegal gun shipments from your other neighbors... the North Pole or Greenland with a population of less than 60,000?
Well there is a surprise. LOL

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Gh0stwalker

How completely detached must you be from reality to do something like this? Morality aside, do the consequences not even occur to them?

Dark stuff isn't it? Guys like this are part of the reason why chieftains of the past formed guards and, ultimately, offered protection for tribute. Society depends on the sheepdogs just so we can get by normally. If it ever breaks down, soulless people like the shooter will tear the fabric apart for their own ends.

On the one hand, he's just a meaningless little asshole ruining lives. On the other, he's 'that guy' whose selfishness has shaped societies for millennia.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Well, I am sure this child is street wise now to the world she lives in. Let's all have a party that our children become like the ME children, live in fear cause the adults are too stupid to make their world safe.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: boncho

That's about the most xenophobic/ignorant comment I could expect. Well done. 1-I guess you havent heard of protection rackets by the Italian/Irish Mobs in America? What about gang violence, etc? The point being gangs operating without guns cause less 6 year olds getting shot randomly in crossfire. But if you prefer that, by all means.

Why thank you, just calling it as it is over there without guns in a society that is much more non-violent than America, so I do not see a point in you response above. I agree with you that in America there are parts that are extremely violent and those parts drive the vast majority of the gun/crime/murder, you name it issues.

2 stories in 2 days Ive read, 1 is a kid being shot because car lights shined into another car, the other was a kid getting shot in the back playing nikki nikki nine-doors. I bet those are real tough guys doing the shooting eh? They wouldnt say "sumimasen" they'd just shoot the kids or cars because they are not coward-nese /s (Heavy on the sarcasm)

Once again you seem to blame this all on the availability of guns, and all I''m saying is look deeper to the problem. If we do not fix the problem at the deeper levels then gun or no guns will not change much of anything. You pretty much said the same thing above. Why do I own guns and I'm not killng anyone, but some guys do drive-byes like it is a part of life.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gh0stwalker

Headlights. HEADLIGHTS. What's next? Someone pops their bubblegum a bit too loud? Someone farts within close proximity? Pointing their finger, picking their nose, asking for directions?

This world is absolutely ass backwards insane. I'm sick of it.

I come to a conclusion that there is a different type of human out there then what we view ourselves to be or think humans should be like. The vast majority of the world just wants to get on with life, love thy neighbor type of thing, but man there are people that are so evil in nature that look at everything with pure evil intent.

You didn't answer my question, did England outlaw knives now?
edit on 4-1-2016 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   
so, the whole story has not finished developing; i.e. the family , motive for the shooting, or any substantial info to say for sure why this shooting occurred. yet theres 7 pages passing all kinds of theories and judgments and speculations.

- on the other hand ive heard worst excuses to shoot people... from LEOs. (stop me if im lying)

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
a reply to: errorcode

Again, I'm not defending the shooter, but a little common sense could have helped immensely.

You may not be defending the shooter, but your passiveness and lack of empathy for this family is a little unsettling. Are you seriously attempting to 'blame the victim' here?

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NpcHunter13
[
Well you said there was a gun problem in this country. No there isn't. There is a criminal problem. We only have the highest statistic because of our population. Per person we aren't even close to the highest violent crime country even among first world countries. Britain is far worse on a per capita basis.

You made that up.

Per capita, we have about 0.05 firearm homicides per 100000 people. You have around 3 per 100000. Keeping the maths simple, you have SIXTY times the firearm homicides per capita. Feel free to look up the rates for the rest of the developed world.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem. As long as its someone else's kids, somewhere else, you can entertain yourself by making up false statistics - but sooner or later, the problem will come to your neighbourhood.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

originally posted by: chrismarco

Just because it was,a family does not mean that one of the parents were not looking for drugs. Plenty of people in the suburbs travel out of their locale for drugs. I'm not confident that the entire story is told..would like to know the family history on the parents.

You would make a good investigator. That's the spirit. How easy it is to believe a certain scenario on face value. All well and good if it is a simple case of victimhood, but it could be a prime excuse from engaging in certain activities and being caught out by something going wrong. Humans are good at coming up with excuses and it is always healthy in these matters to pursue a lateral course of investigation and not assume innocence on face value.

The motives for the attack and the reasons for them being there should be established. However, murder is murder no matter how it occurred.

There are a lot of possibilities relating to the motive and the reason for the family being there. It is unusual because even the most monstrous human being is not likely to shoot 9 shots into a stranger's car where children are present just because of being dazzled or disturbed. If the attacker was that unaware of there being a child in the car then chances are they would not have walked up to a car with a gun like that because it might be the authorities shining the headlights like the police do sometimes.

There is always the possibility of it being an out of the blue insane and unprovoked attack, but equally possible the attacker knew the victims and had a motive that the victims are hiding.

As usual I'm upstaged by a great response from an ATS member..wish I had framed it this way...rats!!!!!

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: geezlouise
a reply to: KawRider9

I feel like your attitude accommodates criminal behavior.
Which feels evil. Just sayin.

This post that is a perfect example of what was mentioned in a thread about punishing or removing members because of all the BS on the 9-11 forum I argued should be a full-site stricter policy on weeding out the people causing issues. I said just as bad as the blatantly rude are people who are always trying to read every post from eighty angles until they're able to pervert a simple reply with a straight forward message into insinuating some ill spirited ridiculousness is meant behind the words. The person said simply this type of horrible thing should remind everyone that the slightest thing could piss people off nowadays so every one should be aware of this at all times. Period. Done. For you to chime in and twist it as if he or she was saying shame on them for no thinking before shining lights on someone is outrageously immature and just unnecessary. I'm so tired of people trying to create confrontation here who should be using the time to go DO something about all the evils in the world if you're gonna accuse people (wrongly and obnoxiously) of contributing TO that evil. Grow up. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

Merika!

Dont like it shoot it!

Has little to do with America and more to do with black and Latino gangs and their complete disrespect for life and property. Probably an illegal gun also. So why aren't we rounding up and locking up such people BEFORE they commit such crimes? It isn't too difficult to have a war on gangs...is it? We know who they are, where they are, what they look like. Lets take a liberal (shudder) stance and take the guns from the gangs, take the drugs from the gangs, take the ability for crime from the gangs.

No? Ohhhhh...yeah. Can't do that when the demographic is black, Latino and/or illegal right? That just wouldn't be fair to these poor individuals. So instead they are left alone to be who they are...who we made them.

See the problem?

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese

originally posted by: NpcHunter13
[
Well you said there was a gun problem in this country. No there isn't. There is a criminal problem. We only have the highest statistic because of our population. Per person we aren't even close to the highest violent crime country even among first world countries. Britain is far worse on a per capita basis.

You made that up.

Per capita, we have about 0.05 firearm homicides per 100000 people. You have around 3 per 100000. Keeping the maths simple, you have SIXTY times the firearm homicides per capita. Feel free to look up the rates for the rest of the developed world.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is a problem. As long as its someone else's kids, somewhere else, you can entertain yourself by making up false statistics - but sooner or later, the problem will come to your neighbourhood.

So your solution to gun crime is to take the guns...I'm assuming? Is the solution to robbing banks to never allow a person to enter a bank? Is the solution to assault to bind people's hands behind their back? Is the solution to mental illness to push them into an alley to live their lives?

How come you and those in your mind-set don't want to solve the problem...and only wish to bandage the symptom? How about fixing the people who wish to cause violence? How about making people realize the value of human life? How wrong it is to steal, to assault, to rape. Your stance of "take away the guns" is about the equivalent of forcing all men to have permanently attached condoms as a solution to rape. It solves nothing...the attack will still happen, just with a different weapon.

Solve the problem...not the symptom OF the problem. It just so frustrates me when the mentality is to bail faster instead of fixing the leak. Unless...of course...your agenda REQUIRES leaving the criminal element in place.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join