It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6-year-old girl shot after family makes wrong turn

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Should I now contemplate the possibility that an Asian person with a white Escalade COULD be running a grow house? 

You do not have to contemplate any possibilities.
Why are you so worried if I have dug a hole for myself?
Are you angry about that?
You seem like a very angry person. Some people might contemplate the possibility that you are an angry person. Does that make you angry?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Cars are a necessity. 

Not true.
I know people that do not own a car.
They have not died due to the lack of a car.

Ok...do i really need to explain this?

You might not need a car. I dont. Some people might not...but cars ARE a necessity for civilisation. End of story.

Did civilization exist before the year 1880?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   

50 and wealthy you?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

As angry as they are, we should take all pointy things away from them

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3danimator2014

Cars are a necessity. 

Not true.
I know people that do not own a car.
They have not died due to the lack of a car.

Ok...do i really need to explain this?

You might not need a car. I dont. Some people might not...but cars ARE a necessity for civilisation. End of story.

Did civilization exist before the year 1880?

Yes. Yes it did.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

50 and wealthy you?

Oh dear.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Should I now contemplate the possibility that an Asian person with a white Escalade COULD be running a grow house? 

You do not have to contemplate any possibilities.
Why are you so worried if I have dug a hole for myself?
Are you angry about that?
You seem like a very angry person. Some people might contemplate the possibility that you are an angry person. Does that make you angry?

Not angry at all. Actually, it's quite amusing that you said stereotyping is a good thing that can save your ass, but when I flip that around and use a stereotype, I get called a racist by the very people that questioned my street cred because I don't stereotype.

What's even more funny is that you had to resort to personally attacking me because you cannot refute my assertion. I just played the game the way you said it should be played.

Why you mad bro?
edit on 2-1-2016 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

You obviously sit in your house and form opinions from the Internet and people magazine. The world is not some kindergarten waiting for everyone to catch up. No offense, but get out more and stop being bought by propaganda

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   

That's not at all what you did but if you believe it to be so, who am I to argue?

You're the one who overtly implied that speculating about a potential gang member being responsible for the shooting was fodder for someone with 'racist inclinations'. You then later went on to state:

"So far it seems that some people believe that since this was in the city and it was a grey Impala, it must have been a black gang banger. "

Who said that?

Do you think all gang members are black?
Do you think others think all gang members are black?

Do you think?

You're boxing shadows, my friend.

Apology accepted.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I am not mad.
Actually, I have a wide grin on my face. Not typical of being angry.

Actually, it's quite amusing that you said stereotyping is a good thing that can save your ass, 

This is from one of your posts, something that you have yet to go back and edit out. (You have done that a bit in this thread)

I agree. Stereotyping can play a big role in saving your ass on the street

Do you find it amusing that you agreed with me?
edit on b000000312016-01-02T17:03:14-06:0005America/ChicagoSat, 02 Jan 2016 17:03:14 -0600500000016 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

More personal attacks, huh? Why can't you address the issue?

a reply to: slowisfast

You're the one who overtly implied that speculating about a potential gang member being responsible for the shooting was fodder for someone with 'racist inclinations'.

Based on the car they drive, according to the member that said that, yes. It's ignorant.

You then later went on to state:

"So far it seems that some people believe that since this was in the city and it was a grey Impala, it must have been a black gang banger. "

I was told stereotyping is good and can save my ass. I just played the game as they said it should be played. It's not that I believe that, but that's how stereotyping works, isn't it?

By the way, who else would be implied in a neighborhood with a high black population and drives a grey Impala? Remember, we're playing by their rules.

Do you think?

Perhaps a bit too much. It appears that this has gone way over people's heads, but that is not unexpected.

You're boxing shadows, my friend.

Perhaps if you cannot see exactly what is in front on your face, it would appear to be a shadow.

a reply to: butcherguy

On the street, yes. Stereotyping in order to jump to idiotic conclusions with absolutely no evidence on a discussion forum, not so much.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:01 PM
link   

On the street, yes. Stereotyping in order to jump to idiotic conclusions with absolutely no evidence on a discussion forum, not so much.

So, do you admit to being streetwise?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Lol you play no game well, just a side.. and even that, not well.
Enjoy the fruits of your labor friend.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Unfortunately you seem to make a lot of assumptions about what people think without having them actually say it.

Adding to the problem you so passionately attempt to protest against...but then again, it's a game, right?

It might be true that you think too much,but, it seems, at least to me, to be Very particular and narrow in scope.

Good luck with that.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

So, do you admit to being streetwise?

Irrelevant.

Do you admit to the fallacy in your line of thinking before any evidence has been presented?

a reply to: slowisfast

Apparently that went completely over your head.

Sorry, I don't like circular arguments so we will just have to leave it at that.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
misread the story nvm
edit on 2-1-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Just so you know, when police arrived on the scene they spotted a grey impala (driven by a black guy) who ran, then resisted arrest. He hasn't been charged with the shooting yet, but he had a felony warrant and picked up some more charges for fleeing.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Irrelevant

Easy out for you.
If you admit to being street wise, you admit to stereotyping.
The subject of the OP, that we have been commenting on, happened in real life.... not on an Internet forum.
You are playing games.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blackmarketeer
The family says they were in the area looking for a tire shop.

Looking for a tire shop, at night with the family in the car?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Those who can, do.

Those who cant say they can all day every day on the internet.

Imagine your local barista telling you youre stupid. Never happens bc a skinny 30 something making coffee for 6 bucks an hour and saying machicatto 50 times a day knows his role, he is a loser.

But give that same liberal barista a laptop, the internet, provide him with the safe space of ATS, and.....

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join