It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Bollocks, I've read all his comments and he is not inciting hatred. We may not like his opinions but they absolutely legal had he said them here.
It is why the government has effectively dismissed it. Parliaments 'debate' will be irrelevant and a talking shop sideshow, unlucky.
I agree the guy is a twat though, but a twat who has remained legal with regard to UK hate speech law.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Can we not agree to disagree on this?

Trump is an arse and we do not want him here.

You seem to like him and crack on with that fella.

Actually, Carly is my pick, but I defend Trump's right to speak from his own perspective and there are many things I do agree with him about. His speech is disconcerting sometimes because it is not that carefully trained political-speak we are all used to with the flowery lies and promises.

If he wins, he will figure it all out just like that greenhorn Obama did.

I do think he has a real connection to The People and most look at him and his family background as an epitome of what the American dream is really about.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

ha ha ha ha, carefully trained you say? Oh no, he speaks off the cuff and from his black heart.

Guis!!! He's gonna make Murica great again!!

But how?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

ha ha ha ha, carefully trained you say? Oh no, he speaks off the cuff and from his black heart.

Guis!!! He's gonna make Murica great again!!

But how?

You mis-read. I said he is NOT that carefully trained political -speaking politician. Donald may be many things but he does not have a black heart. You won't find a soul that will tell you that.
edit on 1-1-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I don't think Trump has broken any UK laws. How could he? He's not even there. If the home secretary (Theresa May) decides to ban him entry, it will be because of the threat he would be to the public good of the country.

According to figures published last year, Mrs May has banned more than 217 people since 2010, including 84 hate preachers, 61 people on grounds of national security and 72 because they were deemed "not conducive to the public good".

bbc

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't care whether he is allowed in or not.
I only signed it for a laugh and through boredom...

If those spare five minutes had not arisen I wouldn't have bothered.
In fact I forgot I'd signed it until I got an email telling me the government's first response.

I prefer Trump when he is pissed off, it's more entertaining.
So if he does get banned the only tear I'll shed will be through laughter.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The government have effectively dismissed it though which is why it's a non story.

Oh, I agree it is indeed a non-story.

What it is, is just another attempt to get people to shut up and to fear saying anything that does not paint Islam in a favorable light. Say anything that may be construed as negative about Islam, and risk be labeled, tarred, feather and hung from the nearest out branching.

These tactics only work for so long, soon they make haters out of people that would have never given a damn, if it wasn't for those constantly pissing in the crowd and yelling that it is rain.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
You are correct, his words would have been legal in the UK.
This is just social media outrage after people watched TV news, then a petition the government had to respond to...the UK government has effectively dismissed it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Ah I see, thank god you don't think that.

His heart is black. He's full of self privilege and hate.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I don't see that the gov't has dismissed it. They're deciding what to do about it, if anything.

In its statement, the government reaffirmed the power of Home Secretary Theresa May to "exclude a non-European Economic Area national from the UK if she considers their presence in the UK to be non-conducive to the public good," but does not clearly state whether her office would apply that criteria to Trump.

"The Home Secretary has said that coming to the UK is a privilege and not a right," the official comment reads. "She will continue to use the powers available to prevent from entering the UK those who seek to harm our society and who do not share our basic values."

www.cnn.com...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Do yourself a favour and stop lying.
You obviously didn't read the OP.

Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump
The government has responded to a petition calling for presidential hopeful Donald Trump to be banned from the UK after he proposed a temporary halt on Muslims entering the US.

Maybe you can find the lie somewhere in the OP and direct your attacks accordingly.

I don't mind you calling me a liar. You have the right to believe what you choose to believe, whether it is true or not, and you sure don't have to believe anything I say.

I just would like for you to point out were you think "I" am lying, if you are going to accuse me of such.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

And it is social media fuelling the rise in outrage or feeling offended, see the same on ATS.
I'm pleased the government have dismissed the petition, lazy holier than thou bastards wouldn't have got off their arses to sign a piece of paper with a pen if they'd had to walk to the town hall or somewhere.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

I did point it out.

Twice.

You keep saying Islam and Muslims as if it's relevant...
People want to ban Trump for everything he has said, it's not conducive to the tolerant society we live in.

It says "after his comments about Islam", not because of...

I even copy and pasted he entire petition for you to read and your next post still blamed "prostrating to Islam".

If it's not true, it's a lie...

I don't know whether your lies are intentional or reading comprehension problems, so I won't call you a liar.

But they are lies... Brought on by media spin.
Not necessarily what's in your heart.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic
It's just carefully worded lip service to the outraged social media masses, they've dismissed in a classically British style.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I'm pleased the government have dismissed the petition

Why do you keep saying this when its not true?

No decision has been made yet, and won't be for 23 days at the very least.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I'll laugh at you in a couple of weeks then fella.
Oh and you signed the petition for a laugh? You should be ashamed.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

originally posted by: neformore
a reply to: Granite

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Queen has nothing to do with this.

This was everyday British people and politicians exercising their right to free speech, because they found something a US presidential candidate said to be abhorrent.

Perhaps you missed the news that Jimmy Carter did the same exact policy implemented on Iranians?

Kind of takes your hyperbole to new heights?

No it just takes your ignorance about the matter to new heights. Banning people from a nation that we have sanctions against is far different than simply banning people because of their faith. If Trump were to start using the word Jew in place of the word Muslim people would be crying he's the next Hitler.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You go ahead and laugh. As I said I couldn't care less.

"Ashamed" of what exactly?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well all I can say is, I doubt there is anyone from the UK that signed the petition is on ATS, except for Charlie.

Those in the UK that were offended to the point of wanting to ban Trump from entering the UK, because of his comments, they would not be able to take 30 minutes on ATS.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I've been here since 2011, 30 minutes is easy.

Edit: Admittedly I'm not really offended though.
I've signed a few funny petitions.

I'll continue to do so as well, despite the outrage that I should be ashamed.
edit on 1-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join