It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: queenofswords

"Blacks are lazy, Mexicans are rapists, Muslims need to be identified."

See? You did it again. You took things out of context, colored them with bs talking points, and totally ignored everything else.

EXACT quotes in context of the overall discussion, please.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords I'm gonna be the Brit that says it, Trump has not broken UK 'hate speech' law and that is why he is not banned from the country.

This all started from social media outrage, then a petition which the government were forced to respond to.
Lame non story if you ask me so I'll leave ya all to it, I couldn't give a # what Trump says, he's a twat.

edit on 1.1.2016 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

Its a Trump policy...

Ban things from the border...

And all of Trump's serfs are disgusted now???

What a tangled web we weave.

No, it is ban things illegal from the border. It is fix the system, then reopen them. It is seeing the problem, finding the fix, then implementing the solution.

Untangle the web.

Yes, and hate rhetoric is illegal within our borders...
Dig up Fred Phelp's and ask him.

Are you comprehending yet?

As I requested from another poster, I would truly like to understand your version of hate speech. Please post an EXACT statement within context of what Donald Trump said that you would construe as 'hate speech'.

Free Speech is a strong element here in the states. It is an important Right granted to us, not by the government, but by natural law (God), and cannot be taken away from us by government. So, honestly, I am trying to see how anything Trump said could even remotely be considered hate speech. He did not call for killing muslims, permanently banning their religion, burning their mosques, nor any other violent hateful thing. So, where is the EXACT wording you would call hate speech?

An interesting question.

You are asking what is defined hate speech yet promoting freedom of speech.

In Europe we live with the memory of world wars and prison camps.

How many died?

I understand that you may never truly understand this and that you may hold your "right" to free speech in high regard but.

You simply do not seem to understand how free speech can lead to something horrible.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: queenofswords I'm gonna be the Brit that says it, Trump has not broken UK 'hate speech' law and that is why he is not banned from the country.

He has not been banned but he is a knob though.

I am that other Brit that said that also.

I would go so far as to say he is a cockwomble of the highest regard but that is a different thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nonspecific
He hasn't been elected. Don't curse us like that lol. As for him being banned, I don't blame your people for it. I wish we could ban him from the US, too.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:54 AM
link   

How else do you identify Muslims without doing what Hitler did to the Jewish people?

The other full quotes are shared earlier in the thread and the context doesn't change at all...

I'm done responding to Nazi apologism.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:55 AM
link   

And, still, from neither you nor Charlie, do we have one single exact quote within context of the discussion, showing hate speech by Trump. Talking points that have been hyperbolized are all you are giving us.

Free speech is not synonymous with hate speech. You are the ones that don't get it.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Haha cockwomble!
I didn't sign any petition though, couldn't give a toss if he entered the UK, probably would have enjoyed seeing our intellectually superior media folk rip him apart in interviews.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:57 AM
link   

How else do you identify Muslims without doing what Hitler did to the Jewish people?

The other full quotes are shared earlier in the thread and the context doesn't change at all...

I'm done responding to Nazi apologism.

Absolutely ridiculous, imo! I am no Nazi apologist, for God's sake! Your ilk come closer to that by denying people the right to speak honestly and forthrightly. Lemmings.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
He hasn't been elected. Don't curse us like that lol. As for him being banned, I don't blame your people for it. I wish we could ban him from the US, too.

My appologies, he is not your elected leader.

Yet...

If it goes that way you can come and live with us.

You may need to leave your guns at the border though. other than that come on in.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   

And, still, from neither you nor Charlie, do we have one single exact quote within context of the discussion, showing hate speech by Trump. Talking points that have been hyperbolized are all you are giving us.

Free speech is not synonymous with hate speech. You are the ones that don't get it.

Can we not agree to disagree on this?

Trump is an arse and we do not want him here.

You seem to like him and crack on with that fella.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

"Blacks are lazy, Mexicans are rapists

1. A ban wasn't called for on him for saying these things. There was no petition to ban him after saying those words.

2. What got him in hot water with, supposedly, the common folks and the government of the UK, was he dared say " Muslims need to be identified."

How could something so despicable be allowed to go unpunished, though It is perfectly acceptable for him to say any foul thing about any other group of people.

edit on 1-1-2016 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Word correction.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn Lame social media outrage after people here saw it on the news.
The government were obligated to respond when the votes reached 100,000. The government have effectively dismissed it though which is why it's a non story.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Excuse me I read and signed the petition and it says nothing about "Islam"...
As you keep inferring...

It says many people have been banned for hate speech and long may it continue, that we shouldn't make exceptions for the rich and powerful...

Block Donald J Trump from UK entry
The signatories believe Donald J Trump should be banned from UK entry.

More details;
The UK has banned entry to many individuals for hate speech. The same principles should apply to everyone who wishes to enter the UK.

If the United Kingdom is to continue applying the 'unacceptable behaviour' criteria to those who wish to enter its borders, it must be fairly applied to the rich as well as poor, and the weak as well as powerful.

Nothing about "Muslims" at all!!!

Do yourself a favour and stop lying.
edit on 1-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Every time someone refers to him as The Donald I want to punch a kitten in his cute little face!

The Donald is a bigoted jack ass that should not be idolized.
edit on 1-1-2016 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Yeah but he didn't break any UK 'hate speech' laws though Charlie, # me, compared to what extremist Muslims spout on British streets the guy is far from close to breaking our laws.
Put it in perspective, social media outrage caused a petition and the government have ignored your vote lol

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

They've only given an initial response, it's still to be debated in parliament...

They're is apparently a 23 day wait for debate date to be set.
So says the petition anyways.

As to whether he broke the laws, that's to be decided.

As to Muslim preachers, if they're foreign, ban them as well...
If they're British stick em in a hole for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   
originally posted by: nonspecific

So the UK has laws that stop people speaking what is determined "hate speak"
Yet the petition says the call for the ban of Mr.Trump from the UK came

after he proposed a temporary halt on Muslims entering the US.

In response to your question:

And you have an issue with this because of?

I feel it is disingenuous.

Are you from the UK? and if not how does this affect you?

Did you not want an answer to your question?

What is your opinion on the petition and resulting question about your elected leader being banned from entering the UK though?

link   
a reply to: neformore

Banning someone for comments. The idea alone is horrific, but if put into practice, totalitarianism. I'm not sure what's worse, that a state would even consider the matter, or to find that the public is all for it.

link   
I don't believe in abandoning ship just because rats have infested it. Thanks for the offer.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join