It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Government 'recognises' anger at Donald Trump comments

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: nonspecific

Apparently nothing Hillary has done has merited a banning. And that is truly a sad thing.

I wish we could ban her from the US.

And this is relavant to the conversation about Trump and the UK how?

Start a thread about it if you want to fella.

What is your point in the conversation in hand?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: nonspecific

Apparently nothing Hillary has done has merited a banning. And that is truly a sad thing.

I wish we could ban her from the US.

I'll bite...

It's to do with hate speech and serious crimes committed such as mass murderers being banned from the You Kay...

Trump fits the former.

Hillary, so far as we know, fits neither.

The day it comes out that Hillary has murdered in mass amounts or started spouting hate speech equivalent to the Phelp's family...
She will also have a petition against her name.

In fact, because I like you DB, I'll be the one to start the petition.

Now all we need is the proof.
edit on 1-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: Spelling.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: jheated5
Good, please keep all Americans out of Europe, keep bringing in your friendly Muslim refugees, it's been working great so far... Your government and people are afraid of words, you'd rather invite people who would kill you with their actions instead.

Meanwhile, 0, zero, Zee row people have been killed or attacked by Refugees since the big exodus.

??????
"Video: Horde of refugees swarm German streets, attack citizens and police in droves"
www.intellihub.com...

"‘Peaceful’ Muslim Refugees Attack Citizens, Throws Feces, Chant “F**K You” and “Allahu Akbar” in Streets of Budapest (VIDEO)"
libertynews.com...

"-Refugee- scum in frankfurt is and are attacking citizens ! PART 2 12 sept 2015"

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Banning someone over the spoken word, ignoring actual actions by others.

*meh*

Sign your petitions.

Ban Trump.

Ironic in that it'll probably give him yet another boost in the polls.
edit on 1-1-2016 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

I saw the feel good news story but just like you and many others, we can't use that broad brush to label them all good right?

Forgive me for interpreting your initial post as broadbrushing.

Let's look at it another way, more Muslim refugees have helped people than hurt people in the UK.

I demand you to prove this.

Oh no wait it is true.

But that's just left wing namby pamby nonsense right...

I'm predominantly right wing, and we are hard wired to spout rhetoric, not to prove things.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

This thread, and more importantly the post I was responding to, is about the UK...

Please try again.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Your government and people are afraid of words, you'd rather invite people who would kill you with their actions instead.

Words lead to actions, sometimes with disastrous consequences.

You are standing up here for a man who has stated that he wants to tag all people of a certain religion and exclude them from the USA should he become president.

Not only does that come across as spectacularly un-American, in every sense of how people perceive the USA across the world, it also evokes memories of the last time someone rode into power on the back of similar policies, and the consequences.

Whether you like that or not, or whether you believe his comments and reaction are simply hyperbole, its how people have reacted to them.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

Good, please keep all Americans out of Europe, keep bringing in your friendly Muslim refugees, it's been working great so far... Your government and people are afraid of words, you'd rather invite people who would kill you with their actions instead.

Meanwhile, 0, zero, Zee row people have been killed or attacked by Refugees since the big exodus.

??????
"Video: Horde of refugees swarm German streets, attack citizens and police in droves"
www.intellihub.com...

"‘Peaceful’ Muslim Refugees Attack Citizens, Throws Feces, Chant “F**K You” and “Allahu Akbar” in Streets of Budapest (VIDEO)"
libertynews.com...

"-Refugee- scum in frankfurt is and are attacking citizens ! PART 2 12 sept 2015"

Have you got any relaiable news sources for this or just youtube vids from skeptical sources?

Oh no, my bad....

This has how much relevance to this thread?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   

I saw the feel good news story but just like you and many others, we can't use that broad brush to label them all good right?

Let's look at it another way, more Muslim refugees have helped people than hurt people in the UK.

I know another poster was being sarcastic, but I would love to see the proof for myself... You don't have to provide it if you don't want to...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I mean, we are a tolerant nation generally, but people really were pissed off with the things they heard and it became a major talking point. Its not something I've seen in the UK for a long time - even through the Gulf Wars there has been some kind of cohesion, but this changed the tone of the conversation a bit.

You guys have a completely different vantage point - and you were also a stone's throw away from the Donny's particular kind of rhetoric not that long ago. You know what you're hearing when you hear it

I think many of us here believe our country is bulletproof and exceptional. We're steeped in a history that tells us we're the world's savior - and honestly it would be impossible for a country like ours to be wrong. So how wrong could the Donald be?

Then again - we're in shock. Some of us...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: jheated5

We've had zero reports of Muslim refugees harming people on the UK.

I can't give you sources to things that haven't happened.

We have several reports of people doing good things, like helping flood victims for instance.

It's simple mathematics, j.

link   
I see the Brits' politicians and news media do the same thing ours do: take things out of context and sensationalize and lie.

They get their panties all in a wad over a piece of what was said and leave everything else out so they can politicize something for some benefit.

Donald Trump said:

"Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on,"

We had just had 14 people killed on our soil by a woman jihadist that got here on a fiancee visa. There were holes in the process since she was already radicalized before entering. We have problems in the system that need to be addressed. Doesn't sound all that crazy to me to want to put a temporary halt on visas till we figure out where the holes are and fix them.

But, of course, those that want to gain some political points with some special group of people jump on four or five words out of the complete discussion.

"I have Muslim friends, Greta, and they're wonderful people. But there's a tremendous section and cross-section of Muslims living in our country who have tremendous animosity," he told Fox News anchor Greta Van Susteren. "It does not apply to people living in the country, except we have to be vigilant."

He's right. We all know it, but politicians are so concerned about stepping on the toes of potential voters that they only hear what they want to hear, namely, "how can we use this rhetoric to discredit him and make ourselves look almighty?"

link   

originally posted by: Discotech
I think it says more about us than it does about him, we don't like what he says, ok let's ban him from the country.

It's censorship at its core and while I disagree with what he says and think he's an idiot when it comes to politics I don't think we should censor him from our country

It sets us on a very slippery slope where we begin banning plenty of other people just because a vocal minority (500k is a minority number compared to the population) are offended by someone says

Would it not be better to let him in ? Challenge his views with logic and reason rather just ban him with no chance of changing his mindset or making him see sense ?

Its not censorship issue.

Its a border control issue.

He is not a UK citizen and therefore does not have a right to enter.
It is a privilege to enter the UK for him and one that can be revoked at any time.

He is a walking security risk and letting him within our borders will add nothing of benifit to the UK.
So no point letting him through our borders.

link   

I know another poster was being sarcastic, but I would love to see the proof for myself... You don't have to provide it if you don't want to...

Do you have the proof against it?

Do you live in the UK?

I would love to hear your opinions on this if so as I have to agree with charlie on this one.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: jheated5

We've had zero reports of Muslim refugees harming people on the UK.

I can't give you sources to things that haven't happened.

We have several reports of people doing good things, like helping flood victims for instance.

It's simple mathematics, j.

Agreed.

There are no figures about things that have as of yet not happened.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

And we are only initiating a Ban on Trump until he can understand what is going on.

It's the same thing.

Until he figures out what the hell is going on (ie coming up with policies he read in Mein Kampf) we don't want him here.

The ban won't happen anyways, your panties are in a wad over sod all.

Most people who signed it did it for gits and shiggles.
edit on 1-1-2016 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: nonspecific

originally posted by: Trueman
a reply to: neformore

I don't know why a government has to do something against a candidate. It's the people's vote the only way to rule him out.

Maybe because a government are the elected representatives of the population?

I cannot believe I actually wrote that without laughing but I did.

Getting in the middle of an election process in another country is not their job.

Were not.

USA can vote a dog turd into office for all I care.
The UK not trying and cant influence a vote.

But we do have a right to border control. And we can revoke the privilege of entry. Something the trump crowd likely jealous , we have some border control

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Okay lets forget about the riots in Europe, they never happened. Why would they make reports about the violence when they want your people to accept them into the country. The same way the US keeps black on white crimes out of news circles.

Make sure all the incoming refugees get their "rape is bad" handbooks and don't forget to remind them that they don't get to be provided sex as a basic human right.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Foderalover
I don't understand why some of You are in favor of illegal immigrants and terrorists coming here? Try going to another country undocumented and get caught. Oh, but we are supposed to not have rules enforced or laws, are you people insane ? Or are you just uninformed democrats that want a "feminist" that is still with her husband even after he humiliated her with those women ? Hilary is weak and a HUGE LIAR, it cant get any worse, Trump is like a breath of fresh air compared to that stale frigid woman.

You seem to really like bringing Hillary up.

You sure you dont have a secret crush on her?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech
a reply to: beansidhe

But, he isn't stirring up division and hatred in the UK

We're applying UK laws and policy on individuals on foreign soil by this way of thinking

Which in turn means we should ban all Portuguese and Dutch people who smoke cannabis because while it's perfectly ok to do in their own countries, it is illegal here

We should ban all of Israel from entering for what is happening to the Palestinians

Not to mention it's not like our politicians haven't stirred the division and hatred pot in other nations, it reeks of double standards and censorship and does not embody the liberal and free country we are supposed to live in

There are specific laws on public disorder and I think hate speech is in that bracket. Inciting public disorder with hate speech is therefore not going to win you any visas.

It's about should he have the privilege of entering the country? Is he likely to cause division and incite violence? Potentially, and I guess that's what May will have to consider before adding him to the list or brushing his vile, ignorant crap under the carpet.
He won't be banned I reckon, but we do have censorship laws here. Whether or not we all agree with them is for another thread.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join