It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inexpensive, easy-to-make 'superfood' tonic: Golden Milk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Golden Milk is a beverage made from coconut milk and the spice turmeric. Add ginger, cinammon and/or honey if you like.
Adding a small amount of black pepper increases the turmeric's efficacy.

Adding black pepper to turmeric or turmeric-spiced food enhances curcumin’s bioavailability by 1,000 times, due to black pepper’s hot property called piperine.

Recipe

Golden Milk is a wonderful beverage to have in the evening and the benefits are extraordinary. The main ingredient in this recipe is turmeric. Turmeric contains curcumin, the polyphenol identified as its primary active component and which exhibits over 150 potentially therapeutic activities, which include antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties.

edit on 31-12-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-12-2015 by ColeYounger because: mobile app crashing!!

edit on 31-12-2015 by ColeYounger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

Awesome, thanks for the idea! We're always looking to use turmeric whenever we can. Didn't know about the black pepper effect, but most of what we cook at home has black pepper in it as well anyway.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I also use lot of pepper. Love your Rudolph the red-nosed mantis!

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Good post, I drink this frequently.

The coconut has proven to be quite life giving and combined with the benefits of turmeric, free radicals don't have a chance!

S+F

edit on 31-12-2015 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I thought this thread was going to have something to do with camels...

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Im going to try this
Thank you and Happy New Year

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: errorcode

I throw tumeric on my food every day!!! will have to add pepper and try that recipe with the coconut water as well! thanks for posting this!....yeah I thought this was going to be some weird thread as well!!!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Great stuff. I add a little cayenne also. One to one ratio turmeric to ginger freshly ground coated heavily in cinnamon and some black pepper. Steep then coconut cream and honey. It's a spicy chai like tea.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Thanks! Sounds fantastic! I already drink almond/coconut milk and love the idea of adding turmeric and cinnamon!

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I made this today as part of my healthy New Year's plan. I added cinnamon and a huge dollop of coconut oil and it tastes great.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the recipe......I saw a bottle of this in the health food store yesterday.....probably 10-16 oz and it was like $6.00 of more....enough to make me keep on moving down the aisle.

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

thats what im thinking, these recipes these guys are talking sound like quite a price hike to the monthly grocery bill, whats the benefit? is it worth it? do you actually feel any different and how so? is that difference worth the expense?

posted on Jan, 2 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: pryingopen3rdeye

I thought it was fairly inexpensive to make, even with organic coconut milk and turmeric.
(Organic stuff is generally pricier.)

Making a batch costs less than lunch at a restaurant. I guess it's all relative.

posted on Jan, 4 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

We had this last night for the first time. It was DELICIOUS! We'll be having it every night (for "dessert").

The organic turmeric was only $1 an ounce at our local herb store. That's about 1/4 cup. Very cheap! In the grocery store spice aisle, it would be more expensive, I imagine. The milk can be any kind of milk, but we're using coconut. I used this recipe, because it's easier. We also use Ceylon Cinnamon, not Cassia, which has coumarin in it. Source

Golden Milk (Turmeric Tea)

Ingredients

1 can of Coconut Milk plus 1 cup of water OR 3 cups of homemade coconut milk
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon raw honey or maple syrup or to taste
Pinch of black pepper (increases absorption)
Tiny piece of fresh, peeled ginger root or ¼ tsp ginger powder
Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Instructions

Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth.
Pour into a small sauce pan and heat for 3-5 minutes over medium heat until hot but not boiling.
Drink immediately.

Thanks, again, Cole!

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Thanks for this!

Fr several weeks I drank a squeezed lemon first thing in the morning, with a lot of turmeric and pepper.
It did great things for bringing down inflammation in my tennis elbow, but for some reason my body has never dealt well with citrus fruits, so the lemon caused me a lot of problems.
This gives me another way to take my turmeric!

posted on Jan, 6 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   
We've had this "milk" for 3 evenings now, and both my husband and I have noticed definite improvements, especially in arthritis pain.

The coconut milk has too much fat (sat fat), so we'll be switching to cashew or almond milk, and sometime use water instead of milk. I have high hoped for this! Here's a single-serving recipe for using water... I'll be adding cinnamon as well.

Turmeric Tea

An anti-inflammatory elixir for immune health.

Ingredients

1½ cups hot water
½ tsp up to 1 tsp turmeric (work your way up!)
½ tsp cardamom seeds
½ tsp whole cloves or ¼ tsp ground
pinch of cayenne
1 Tbsp Goji Berries
2 Tbsp Hemp Seeds
1 Tbsp Ghee or Coconut Oil
1 Tbsp honey, or to taste

Place all ingredients in your high speed venting blender and blend until smooth.
Pour through a fine mesh sieve and enjoy.

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Thanks so much for sharing this.

I've been using it for a week now and it has been life changing. For the first time in over a decade I've been able to sleep without agonising back and hip pain.

All I do to drink it is mix 1 teaspoon of it in my cappucino frother with 1 cup of lactose free milk or soy milk and add 2 teaspoons of coconut sugar - delicious!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I made this yesterday, and added some cardamom I ground up, and some Cayenne pepper, and oh my gosh, it was SO good!!!
I'd drink this stuff even if it wasn't so full of benefits for my health!

I discovered the benefit of turmeric when I started taking it each morning and it finally got my epicondylitis to heal, but I was drinking it with a squeezed lemon, which, it turns out, gives me horrific gas problems.

I was looking for another way to take the turmeric and this is just perfect!!

posted on Jan, 10 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

will have to try this,

i like to experiment in the kitchen,

my last (failed) meal was caramelized onion mash potato, when well, until the white mash turned a dirty brown colour!

thanks for giving me my next experiment

Peace!

posted on Jan, 14 2016 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I made a new batch and added some cayenne. I'm noticing a definite improvement in the joint aches and pains.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join