It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: ISawItFirst
I don;t know how to respond to your post, you say no windows were broken and the fire "only burned on the exterior".Thats highly improbable because windows have seals of rubber and sealant of some sort, melting and burning to release the window from its frame, exposing the interior to flame, and if not, the heat alone lapping at the window from the outside would heat the interior of the glass enough to set any interior window dressing like blinds or curtains alight, thus lighting the rooms interior.
I would welcome any link you have supporting your claim that only the facade burned. Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread.
Dubai: An electrical short circuit was the reason for a huge fire at The Address Downtown Dubai hotel on New Year's Eve, forensic experts said on Wednesday.
Dubai Police said the electric fault in a spotlight is used to illuminate the hotel had caused the massive flames that broke out at the hotel.
The blaze started in the cables of a spotlight on the ledge between the 14th and 15th floors of the 63-storey hotel, according to Ahmad Mohammad Ahmad, Head of the Forensics and Mechanical Engineering Department at the General Department of Forensic Science and Criminology of Dubai Police.
The information was released at a press conference at the Dubai Police Headquarters.
No deaths were attributed to the fire, said police. Some 15 people were injured and one man suffered a heart attack during the evacuation process.