It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Huge fire in Dubai hotel skyscraper

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This thread is not about the Twin Towers, it's about the hotel in Dubai. Keep it on topic.

Do not reply to this post.

Reopened.
edit on 1/1/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 12:33 AM
link   
is it going to collapse ????

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: bobw927

...collapse like...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Sixteen injured, a man with a heartattack, building is not burning anymore, and, guess what, the building didn´t collapse.
So, what else do you want people to talk about, if not about the only skyscrapers in the world that ever collapsed because of a fire?
edit on 1 1 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
Sixteen injured, a man with a heartattack, building is not burning anymore, and, guess what, the building didn´t collapse.
So, what else do you want people to talk about, if not about the only skyscrapers in the world that ever collapsed because of a fire?

it was not just a fire passenger jets flew into them...

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 05:54 AM
link   

The morning after and smoke is still pouring from Dubai's Address Hotel.
Our correspondent at the scene, Louisa Loveluck, and photographer Geoff Pugh say there is debris from the fire scattered up to half a mile away.

Smoke and even the occasional flame continues to bellow out of the building, even as tourists line up on nearby streets to take "selfies" with the burned skyscraper and fire engines in the background.

www.telegraph.co.uk...
edit on 1/1/16 by JustMike because: "Ex" tags added to the text, which is directly quoted from the telegraph .co .uk website. NOTE: all such quoted material should be placed within "Ex" tags. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 07:16 AM
link   

ATTENTION!

To re-emphasize what ATS Staff have said:

This thread is not about the Twin Towers, it's about the hotel in Dubai. Keep it on topic.

Do not reply to this post.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Ddrneville

That is going to burn for days.
Recently lost a house to a fire and the firefighters stayed for hours afterwards just pouring gallons of water on to it as they said it reignites and just keeps burning. The conditions are like a furnace in there so there are materials that will just self ignite.

Does anyone know if the sprinkler system was working in the hotel?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
a reply to: Ddrneville

That is going to burn for days.
Recently lost a house to a fire and the firefighters stayed for hours afterwards just pouring gallons of water on to it as they said it reignites and just keeps burning. The conditions are like a furnace in there so there are materials that will just self ignite.

Does anyone know if the sprinkler system was working in the hotel?

There are no sprinklers on the exterior.

As I suspected earlier, the fire never entered the interior. The news has reported this much.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: ISawItFirst

So it was balcony furniture fire?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

C'mon, you know it's going to collapse.

No it didn't. See?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
What I want to know is what the so flammable construction materials they used in that building. What were those brightly burning chunks of material that kept kicking out the windows, sailing around and burning like magnesium flares?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Was there any STRUCTURAL damage, caused by the fire?

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
What I want to know is what the so flammable construction materials they used in that building. What were those brightly burning chunks of material that kept kicking out the windows, sailing around and burning like magnesium flares?

Those burning chunkss were most likely primarily ash and or insulation type materials. Nothing kicked out any windows, and the fire was only on the exterior. If a window were broken, this could have gotten much worse.

The materials were probably not very flammable at all, but everything burns at a high enough temperature. This fire was very hot.

Some fire proof materials will resist a long time, but once they finally start to burn, they can burn very hot. It is the temperature of the fire that makes the difference.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee

It appears not, but I am neither a structural engineer, or on site inspecting the damage. It appears they more or less let the shell burn off, as they couldnt get equipment up past 20 or so floors, and as long as it didnt enter the structure, would only cause cosmetic damage.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

So it was balcony furniture fire?

That looks most likely. Probably a tipped over barbecue or deep fryer that was left unnattended on a balcony. Could be other things as well, but thats what Im leaning towards.

There is still no official word on the cause except that it was an 'accident'

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I don;t know how to respond to your post, you say no windows were broken and the fire "only burned on the exterior".Thats highly improbable because windows have seals of rubber and sealant of some sort, melting and burning to release the window from its frame, exposing the interior to flame, and if not, the heat alone lapping at the window from the outside would heat the interior of the glass enough to set any interior window dressing like blinds or curtains alight, thus lighting the rooms interior.

I would welcome any link you have supporting your claim that only the facade burned. Sorry, I haven't read the whole thread.

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ISawItFirst

originally posted by: JuJuBee

It appears not, but I am neither a structural engineer, or on site inspecting the damage. It appears they more or less let the shell burn off, as they couldn't get equipment up past 20 or so floors, and as long as it didn't enter the structure, would only cause cosmetic damage.

Okay so I looked and found an image that shows the balconies outside every room were burned away, most likely because they were light weight constructed of some flammable material like plastic? I can't tell if the windows behind this image are broken out or turned black from the smoke. I also read just the facade was affected.

Further: Building facades used to be stone…
edit on 1-1-2016 by intrptr because: Further:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join