It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Allegations: Media Hunts Bill Cosby, Celebrates Bill Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Whether they've declared an official position or not, I am 99.99999% certain they support a full investigation and charges, if necessary.

Hillary, herself, has stated the women have a right to be believed.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Are you saying there's a chance that the DNC might take the position that no investigation nor charges should be sought against Cosby?

I didn't say anything close to that.

The Democrats have not released an official stance on this issue. So where is the double standard?

It's officially a political issue.
As the leading Democrat candidate, Hillary has already 'dipped her beak' into this issue by pronouncing:

This September Mrs. Clinton declared that “every survivor of sexual assault” has “the right to be heard. You have the right to be believed.”

www.wsj.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
And, you have abandoned your last thread because it wasn't going the way you liked, to start this one....

Why do you have to take the victims of these two and turn it into a political hit? Good grief. Smash the Clintons all you want. Dragging Cosby's victims in to lump them up with the Clintons is just in poor taste. Can you not just let it be about the victims of Bill Cosby?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Doodle19815

I'm just wondering can advanced social justice warrior liberals not use his face to express disgust when that in of its self is disgusting.

Obviously this whole thing is political.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Very well. Have fun with it.

I'm not about to swim in the shallow end to make a political point.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ooops...BREAKING NEWS:

Bill Cosby bail set at $1 million

www.wthr.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

He will be out on 100k

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Sorry you're so offended...please seek your nearest 'safe space'.
Meanwhile,...I'll be jumping back and forth as time allows...Made my points in both....following both...enjoying both. Thanks for doing the same.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Juanita Broaddrick’s charges of rape against Clinton appear every bit as credible as those against Cosby. Moreover, unlike Cosby’s accuser, Broaddrick was a reluctant witness who never filed a financial lawsuit. Regardless, the media went out of its way to discredit and dismiss Broaddrick as a liar, a tool of the Right, and my personal favorite, “old news.”

Juanita Broaddrick has some credibility issues. Not least of which was that she stated in a affidavit that it didn't happen. She also is known to have attended Clinton fundraisers after the date of the alleged rape. Whether or not he raped Juanita Broaddrick we'll probably never know but in the absence of evidence, it remains a troubling allegation — nothing more, nothing less. By the time the allegation was made public, there were so many conflicting accounts from her and assorted acquaintances that it was impossible to make a reasoned judgement. My personal opinion is that he probably did have sex with her and she thought it was going somewhere it didn't and later it became a story she would tell people.

Paula Jones sued for sexual harassment. Specifically, she said that Bill Clinton "crudely propositioned" her. She turned to the conservative establishment for everything from a spokesperson to her legal team. While this doesn't mean that she's a liar, she was definitely a willing political pawn with strong financial incentive. I wouldn't doubt that he propositioned Paula Jones and while that's misconduct, it's definitely not rape.

Kathleen Willey claimed that Bill Clinton kissed her on the mouth. After which she went on to write him 15 personal letters, all of which were friendly in nature. Linda Tripp also testified that Willey had spoken to her about trying to pursue a romance with Clinton. All evidence points to Willey being a jilted would-be mistress.

It's obvious that Bill Clinton is a lifelong philanderer with a long history of not being able to keep it in his pants. On the other hand Bill Cosby has been accused of raping or otherwise sexually assaulting 50 women. The only reason anyone would try to compare these two is politics.

edit on 2015-12-30 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Not offended, just disgusted that someone can take victims and use it for their political whims. I mean, you aren't even advocating for the victims, just using this info for a smash piece.

Do you not understand that innocent women were done wrong here? May someone help them find their "safe space" because they are being used as pawns now apparently since it is a voting year.

Keep on enjoying both threads while you reveal yourself to everyone. I for one appreciate seeing this about you and knowing where you stand. So, thank you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I absolutely have sympathy for the victims. If you'd truly been following BOTH my threads, you'd have seen my comment to that point. Why are you so concerned with MY personal emotional concerns regarding this subject? If I feel they even remotely concern you, I'll specifically mention my feelings to you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I assume there are a few former democrats here that are disgusted at the exploitation of every victim of mass-shootings that Obama has invoked to score political points.

Good on you guys for your high standards and for leaving a party that exploits murder victims to score political points!

edit on 30-12-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
#blacklivesmatter!!!! Wait wrong post, my bad.....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I have been following both threads

You only made that comment 10-15min after doodle first said it to you and 6 min after you told them to find a "safe place". Up to those points your bs was pretty politically motivated. Elections seem to bring out the worst in people.
edit on 30-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doodle19815

I mean, you aren't even advocating for the victims, just using this info for a smash piece.

I read this post as an advocation for victims of crimes perpetrated by the political untouchables, NOT a suggestion that Cosby be given the same pass Clinton was given.

edit on 30-12-2015 by EntirelySomeoneElse because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-12-2015 by EntirelySomeoneElse because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The only problem with your theory is that one: the media went after Bill Clinton big time when it was current.

Two: they impeached him so he didn’t get off scot free

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ok, carry on then. Send me a Private Message when you have some emotions or compassion for sexually abused women, that way I'll know you think it concerns me.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Good on you guys for your high standards and for leaving a party that exploits murder victims to score political points!

Oh, I'm sorry, you seem to know what political party I belong to. Thanks for guessing and then assuming I'm exploiting murder victims....

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
On the face of it there does appear to a be a double standard, but as is often the case we can't be sure of the depth of the evidence in both cases.

We know that Clinton lied and was impeached for it. We know he had sex with women whilst married to Hilliary. I am not sure we can say much more than that, though, unless I have missed some information.

The allegations of rape and dirty tricks to smear women who came forward are just that, allegations, right?

I do think Hilliary needs to tread fairly carefully though. She does seem to turn every dispute into a 'sexist' attack on her opponents. If she continues along that line then she will likely have to face many questions about her husband.

As for Bill Cosby, I think we need to wait for more details until we can determine if a real double standard exists, as opposed to an apparent one based on media coverage.

Just my thoughts.
edit on 30/12/2015 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join