It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Allegations: Media Hunts Bill Cosby, Celebrates Bill Clinton

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
A Tale of Two Bills:

ONE Bill is a famous celebrity....who has been accused of rape and sexual assault by many women who looked up to him.

ONE Bill is a famous President...who has been accused of rape and sexual assault by many women who looked up to him.

ONE Bill has a wife who was either ignorant of his actions or apparently looked the other way, while he allegedly continued, over the course of many years, to cheat on her and sexually abuse other women.

ONE Bill has a wife who was not ignorant of his actions, yet organized a crack team of media-savvy political pundits and shady dirty-tricks operators to allegedly intimidate, smear and discredit any and all of the possible victims of her husband who stepped forward...while he allegedly continued, over the course of many years, to cheat on her and sexually abuse other women.

ONE Bill made financial settlements with some of his accusers.
ONE Bill also made financial settlements with some of his accusers.

ONE Bill is Black.
ONE Bill is White.

ONE Bill was hounded by the Elite Media.
ONE Bill was protected by the Elite Media.

ONE Bill was just Arrested.
ONE Bill is the darling and pride of much of the Democrat party, as well as current Presidential candidate Hillary Clinton's husband...and political "secret weapon".

Can anyone deny there is a double standard in the way these TWO Bills are currently being treated by the media elite?

EDITOR’S NOTE: In light of the sexual assault charges filed against Bill Cosby this week and how Donald Trump is exposing the DC Media’s glaring double standard when it comes to the allegations against Cosby and Bill Clinton, this piece from 2014 (with minor edits) seems more relevant than ever.

The scandal is a classic case of Power vs. The Powerless. There is substance to the charges, including a lawsuit Cosby settled with the woman in 2006, and similar allegations from other women. As loved and lovable and talented as Bill Cosby is, as much as I am personally fond of him for all the pleasure he has brought into my life, looking into this kind of story is what the media is supposed to be about.

Unfortunately, our media is not guided by the lofty principle of what it is supposed to be about; because history shows that when it comes to these kinds of allegations, some powerful men like Bill Cosby are taunted and hunted, while other powerful men with the first name Bill, who have faced similar allegations, are protected.

I am of course talking about former-President Bill Clinton, who like Bill Cosby, has been accused of rape and has been forced to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit. There is also another woman who has accused Clinton of groping her in the White House. All of this is above and beyond the countless extra-marital affairs that swirl around Clinton, including an admitted one with a 21 year-old White House intern named Monica Lewinsky. Clinton’s deceit during the fallout of his affair with Lewinsky resulted in impeachment and the loss of his license to practice law.

Juanita Broaddrick’s charges of rape against Clinton appear every bit as credible as those against Cosby.
Moreover, unlike Cosby’s accuser, Broaddrick was a reluctant witness who never filed a financial lawsuit. Regardless, the media went out of its way to discredit and dismiss Broaddrick as a liar, a tool of the Right, and my personal favorite, “old news.”

Paula Jones would eventually settle a sexual harassment lawsuit against Clinton for $850,000, but not before Clinton surrogates smeared her as trailer trash as television news anchors chuckled along.

Kathleen Willey, a Democrat and White House volunteer who worked on Clinton’s 1992 campaign, accused Clinton of sexually groping her in the White House in 1993. The Clinton machine worked overtime to destroy and discredit her in 1998, and the media is still too happy to play along.

Many of these women accuse Hillary Clinton of being behind campaigns of personal destruction designed to silence them and protect their abuser.

Let us also never forget that the elite media not only attempted to cover up the Lewinsky affair, but before Lewinsky came up with Clinton’s DNA on the infamous blue dress, his White House was pouring every ounce of energy into portraying this young woman as a crazed liar and stalker. And again, the DC Media was all-too eager to play along.

While I’m at it, let’s throw in the media’s never-ending Frankenstein villaging of Clarence Thomas, a black Supreme Court Justice who was dragged through the mud based on the allegations of only one woman. Unlike the allegations against Bill and Hillary Clinton, there was no established pattern with other woman. Just the one.

Herman Cain, a black Republican presidential candidate, was destroyed by the media just as he assumed the role of frontrunner. The sexual harassment allegations against Cain were nowhere near as serious as the charges of outright assault against Clinton, and no more credible. The only difference was a media determined to destroy Cain.

If political correctness was really about political correctness and not partisan politics, the media’s offense here would be condemned by the left as racist. There is no question that what we have is a media that takes allegations of sexual misconduct against black men with the utmost seriousness, while a white southerner is protected at all costs.

Race is certainly part of it. The elite media is left-leaning and the political left is desperate to keep blacks “in their place,” which of course means voting for Democrats. Cosby, Cain, and Thomas challenge and question that destructive cultural mindset. Therefore, all three are threats to Power. Therefore, all three must be marginalized and destroyed at all costs — not just personally but also as a warning to others.

Again, the media is doing the right thing in chasing down the truth about Cosby, but not for the right reasons.

The media’s motives are racial and political, not noble.

If the media was really about protecting women from powerful predators, the idea of Bill Clinton as America’s first First Gentleman would horrify, not thrill.

www.breitbart.com...

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Who cares?

If there is any wrongdoing the courts will take care of it. Why are you trying to make this Bill Cosby drama/gossip in to a political matter? That's what you tried to do in the other thread.

How about we let the courts do their job and leave to the celebrity gossip to the American Idol-types?

My apologies if you are an American Idol-type.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It didint take long for someone to use the bill cosby story to blame the democrats, good thing some people are smart enough to smell the bs.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
You mean this isn't a racial miscarriage of justice by an inherently racist society?

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Yep. Bill Clinton is fair game if Hillary chooses to play the War on Women and Sexism game. Good post, OP. Dems are all about double standards and some people are catching on to it.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
You mean this isn't a racial miscarriage of justice by an inherently racist society?

Sorry, I can't find my facepalm at the moment.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Oh look all the same people that blame obama for everything, circle jerk time is now.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Who cares?

If there is any wrongdoing the courts will take care of it. Why are you trying to make this Bill Cosby drama/gossip in to a political matter? That's what you tried to do in the other thread.

How about we let the courts do their job and leave to the celebrity gossip to the American Idol-types?

My apologies if you are an American Idol-type.

So what if I did? There are similarities here...they reflect a double standard...and I'm pointing that out; my prerogative.
Your prerogative is to object, excuse, deny, deflect; which you've done. Thank you for your participation.

As for American Idol; apologies accepted...but I've never watched it. You are obviously more familiar with it than I.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Hmmm?

So white men can get off of rape allegations all they want, but black men get nailed every time. Gotcha!

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Using his face as an animated gif to show your disgust, doesn't make you some kind of social justice warrior advanced enough to look past the crime, or to not convict in the public eye. It makes you just as politically motivated as the OP and quite frankly a defender of rapists, that's not high brow that disgusting shame on you.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
It didint take long for someone to use the bill cosby story to blame the democrats, good thing some people are smart enough to smell the bs.

I believe Bill Cosby IS a Democrat. He certainly dislikes Republicans...and he is a generous donor to The Clinton Foundation...(though they still plan on keeping his donations).

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

What double standard is that? I don't think I've seen an official declaration by Democrats on the Cosby issue. You guys are making up # up to push a political narrative.

My prerogative is to ask why we care about this whatsoever. Who cares what either Bill did in their private lives? If they did something against the law, the courts will take care of it.

If Clinton did something similar and he took advantage of out-of-court settlements, that is perfectly legal and had to have been accepted by the woman in question.

Why is this an issue? Are we turning in to TMZ?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Yep. Bill Clinton is fair game if Hillary chooses to play the War on Women and Sexism game. Good post, OP. Dems are all about double standards and some people are catching on to it.

Yep. As a woman, I'm sick & tired of being a pawn in partisan double-standards. People who have caught on to it should be calling the guilty parties out.

S&Fs, IAMTAT.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969

I believe Bill Cosby IS a Democrat. He certainly dislikes Republicans...and he is a generous donor to The Clinton Foundation...(though they still plan on keeping his donations).

Cosby's mistake was in being an outspoken critic of black culture. He may be a democrat, but he certainly goes off the plantation on certain social issues like the black family.

link   

What double standard is that? I don't think I've seen an official declaration by Democrats on the Cosby issue. You guys are making up # up to push a political narrative.

Are you saying there's a chance that the DNC might take the official position that no investigation nor charges should be sought against Cosby?

Snowball's chance maybe.
edit on 30-12-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

link   

Hmmm?

So white men can get off of rape allegations all they want, but black men get nailed every time. Gotcha!

For the love of god. Now it's a race issue?

a reply to: TechniXcality

doesn't make you some kind of social justice warrior advanced enough to look past the crime

I don't care about his crime. Let the courts deal with it.

It makes you just as politically motivated as the OP and quite frankly a defender of rapists, that's not high brow that disgusting shame on you.

Now I am defending rapists? That's a bit desperate, don't ya think?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Careful Introvert, you are starting to sound almost conservative in your desire to try to defend this double standard.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Are you saying there's a chance that the DNC might take the position that no investigation nor charges should be sought against Cosby?

I didn't say anything close to that.

The Democrats have not released an official stance on this issue. So where is the double standard?

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Careful Introvert, you are starting to sound almost conservative in your desire to try to defend this double standard.

Spare me the absurdity.

You guys are grabbing at every straw trying to make this a political issue and it has nothing to do with politics. Cosby made his bed and gets to lay in it.

Trying to equate this to political happening from the 80's and 90's is desperation on your part.

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Hmmm?

For the love of god. Now it's a race issue?

a reply to: TechniXcality

doesn't make you some kind of social justice warrior advanced enough to look past the crime

I dont care about his crime. let the courts deal with it.

It makes you just as politically motivated as the OP and quite frankly a defender of rapists, that's not high brow that disgusting shame on you.

Now I am defending rapists?

Yes

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join