It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+39 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:29 AM
link   
There certainly seems to be a lot of anti-white racists in universities these days. This is actual racism too, not the redefined version that's used strictly for political gain. What he seems to be saying is that white people are lesser than all other humans because we carry a defect known as "racism". He of course (in his own mind) has no such defects, because as a black man he is superior. Forget the fact hes broadly generalizing and shaming an entire group of people.

This article is mind numbing in it's utter lack of self awareness and hypocrisy.

opinionator.blogs.nytimes.com...

Dear White America,

I have a weighty request. As you read this letter, I want you to listen with love, a sort of love that demands that you look at parts of yourself that might cause pain and terror, as James Baldwin would say. Did you hear that? You may have missed it. I repeat: I want you to listen with love. Well, at least try.

We don’t talk much about the urgency of love these days, especially within the public sphere. Much of our discourse these days is about revenge, name calling, hate, and divisiveness. I have yet to hear it from our presidential hopefuls, or our political pundits. I don’t mean the Hollywood type of love, but the scary kind, the kind that risks not being reciprocated, the kind that refuses to flee in the face of danger. To make it a bit easier for you, I’ve decided to model, as best as I can, what I’m asking of you. Let me demonstrate the vulnerability that I wish you to show. As a child of Socrates, James Baldwin and Audre Lorde, let me speak the truth, refuse to err on the side of caution.

This letter is a gift for you. Bear in mind, though, that some gifts can be heavy to bear. You don’t have to accept it; there is no obligation. I give it freely, believing that many of you will throw the gift back in my face, saying that I wrongly accuse you, that I am too sensitive, that I’m a race hustler, and that I blame white people (you) for everything........................

+23 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

The professor is the one who is racist.

+51 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

The precious snowflakes in charge of the political correction train wreck have deemed only whiteys as racist. Everyone else is allowed to be racist.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Racism is not new or anything, why do people take very chance they get to mention when a white or black professor or law enforcement officer looks at someone wrong ? It doesn't seem to help the division when we focus on every story concerning ethnicity, it seems to further the divide. People are bound to take sides, fuel their own bigoted beliefs and continue their ways.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

I predict another hate thread and closure. The title ALONE WAS enough to make me close the web-page.

Dear White America

As JimC said. The professor is the racist here.

Quite the Delta Bravo......

+26 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Any white kid that doesn't get up and walk out of his class is a coward and a fool. Personally, I'd probably knock a couple of his teeth down his throat. But that's just me.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

What he seems to be saying is that white people are lesser than all other humans because we carry a defect known as "racism". He of course (in his own mind) has no such defects, because as a black man he is superior.

NO, you claim he thinks that he's superior because he's calling whites racist.

The reasons whites are accused of racism clogs the history books, I don't need him to tell me this.

Now you're offended for being reminded and you want to put him down, don't you?

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

The precious snowflakes in charge of the political correction train wreck have deemed only whiteys as racist. Everyone else is allowed to be racist.

Ok, none of you have read the article.

The professor is right.

+20 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

The man is a complete and utter idiot and his 'letter' is absolute bollocks.

+36 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I am white. I am male. I feel the white/male guilt every day of my life.

Oh wait... I'm also mostly Irish....

The Irish Slave Trade – The Forgotten “White” Slaves

Does this mean I can be 'racist' to the privileged white Americans and British?

I ACCEPT! Feel the guilt, privileged Americans/British-Folk!
edit on 28/12/15 by Ghost147 because: Added more fun

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I'd put him down. I have no time for racism, it's been taken too far under this administration and the divide is too far gone. People like him live in the past, yesterday has nothing to do with us today.

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The reasons whites are accused of racism clogs the history books, I don't need him to tell me this.

Now you're offended for being reminded and you want to put him down, don't you?

I'm sure the history books you read (had read to you) focused exclusively on the evils of white people, but actual history books will show you that humanity as a whole is filled with violence and hatred.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:42 AM
link   
He also freely and publicly admits he is a Sexist.
And the University is not firing him, why?

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

The most unhealthy part about this "debate" ( if you wanna even call it that) is that white people are the only people capable of racism.

When you claim one group is different/bad aren't you doing the one thing you're fighting? Putting people into groups and claiming one is different from another? After all that education you would think this professor would know the difference

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

IF the letter title said Dear Black America, all hell would break loose!

""""My aim was to engage, in this very public space, with the often unnamed elephant in the room.""" ?

How he is a Professor is beyond me....

+8 more 
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

My great grandfather on my dad's side was an Irish immigrant, I'm in that same boat with you. Nobody cares though because Irish are white.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

No one has said that.

+33 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: THEatsking

Ok, none of you have read the article.

Yes I did.

The professor is right.

No he's not.

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   
That so called Professor wouldn't want to meet me. heh. What a cop out, MLK would be pissed off if he arose from his grave and saw the crap going on. People have no class these days, they just spew rubbish and hope someone believes what they're selling.

enough is enough.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

That's the liberal education nobody takes serious.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join