It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A racist black professor lectures all white people on how racist they are.

page: 30
<< 27  28  29   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

The sociological belief in race is that, a belief.

One can recognize that people believe in a make believe concept, and that them having that belief has real world consequences as they act in ways which makes that belief real to them, without legitimizing that belief by believing in it themselves.

Atheists do it all the time with religion, and many religions do it with each other. Race exists as a sociological concept with ramifications based upon that belief. This is true. But race is still a concept, and a belief, not actually real.

For example, someone believes the world is going to end tomorrow, so they spend all their money on one last day of debauchery. The world doesn't end, and now they face real world consequences for their belief in fantasy.

Race is a sick twisted fantasy embraced by many, it's still a fantasy, and the real world consequences of people having and believing in this fantasy is horrific in nature.

Recognizing the sociological reality of race the concept, is not the same as believing in race as a real thing deserving of any form of legitimacy.
edit on 1/3/2016 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

No. It is a sociological fact. People have always noted racial differences and responded to them. As misguided as it is, it is a fact that race plays a significant role in society.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I am sorry but big black men scare me and the bejesus out of little white girls.

One day one race will prevail - as all cultures are somewhat biased to their own kind and
not mullatos. The winner (if not the melting pot USA) will make the world theirs with whatever color it is:
white, yellow, red, brown or black.

edit on 3-1-2016 by Drawsoho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

No. It is a sociological fact. People have always noted racial differences and responded to them. As misguided as it is, it is a fact that race plays a significant role in society.

Then isnt it the responsible thing for scientist to educate th e populace then? People have noted ETHNIC differences and respond to them. So maybe its time to teach there is only one actual human race? Dragging society kicking and screaming into the next century if need be. Sociology needs a re write on this subject.
edit on 16000000pppm by yuppa because: added

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Sociology is a science used to try and organize and define the beliefs of people in society and societies. Sociology is the science of delusion and defining that delusions effects on reality. Race exists as a sociological concept. Sociological beliefs and behaviors are not always based in reality but a often a deluded version of reality, twisted. Just because things have real world consequences, does not mean the root think that spurred these consequences is a real thing.

I think we're talking around each other.

There's RACE and race, a capital letter and a small letter version if you think about it.

RACE is people actually being separate people based on these differences, and race is the belief by many that these traits make each other separate people based on these differences.

RACE is not real, race is. Race is the reality of the consequences of people giving legitimacy to the concept of RACE which is false.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:26 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Then isnt it the responsible thing for scientist to educate the populace then?
How? You know what biologists say. I know what biologists say. Racists know what biologists say and they ignore it.

Dragging society kicking and screaming into the next century if need be. Sociology needs a re write on this subject.
Racism is too deeply ingrained to be eliminated by the next century. Sociologists work to understand why and how to deal with it.

But from personal experience; my grandmother (who I loved dearly) was a terrible racist, my father somewhat, me not so much (though I do admit I'll tell a joke on occasion but not because I think they're true), my daughter even less than I. It's not scientists that are going to solve it, it's us. It's parents who have to change what they teach their kids. Many won't do that.

edit on 1/3/2016 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Well part of eliminating racism, is fighting the legitimacy of it.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Yes. Indeed.
And guess who condones it? Racists.

posted on Jan, 3 2016 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Yes, racists who cling to a delusional belief system.

Calling out belief in race for being the delusional belief it is part of how you fight them.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

We should do liek Germany did then. I wonder how long it take to change attitudes If people get fines and jail time for not getting educated and stop being stupid.

posted on Jan, 5 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Sure ... perhaps you should start a movement calling for his removal based on the fact that you don't agree with his politics and because you think he's a racist ... you know, like the students did that you're so irritated by.

Those of us who can't depend on "free" money don't have time to mess around with such things, like the spoiled college kids who are doing that. I am pointing out the blatant hypocrisy in the situation.

Thanks for sharing your beliefs. Mine are different. Racism is an intrinsic factor that is observable in virtually every culture that has ever existed. Racism/tribalism/classism ... all are functions of primate xenophobia, and are a part of our genetic and evolutionary heritage.

That there are racists in every culture does not mean that every member of a culture is racist. It simply means some are. I don't see that as some sort of biological imperative, tat people cannot avoid, however. I see that as a result of other things. One, too many people too close together means more competition, which tends to lead to people grouping together in some way against others. There, it's a case of fighting over resources. There isn't anything racist of phobic about that, either. That's simple survival. Then, when you add in the sin nature of everyone *another area in which I suspect we disagree), you have people willing to be hateful to others, because of the resource and crowding issues.

I agree with you that it is not true that only Whites are racist. I agree that many of us have developed to the point that we are aware of our own racism and act internally to counter it before it effects our behavior toward others ...

That might be the case for some, but others simply never were racist in the first place. Racism is taught. Not everyone gets the same lessons growing up. I have seen examples from more than one race where parents actually recorded the teaching of racist values to their kids. Sick, seriously. However, some don't teach anything of the sort.

... but everyone is racist. I imagine that my acceptance of that fact takes the sting out of being called racist merely for being White ... and it doesn't for you because you don't feel like you're racist in any way.

That's your opinion, not a fact. I am very clear on who I am as a person, and know my faults well, along with my strengths. I know how I felt as a child on various issues, and I know how I feel now. I know that not everyone is racist, because I know I am not. I spent my childhood in the South, at a time when there were a lot of racial problems in the country, mid-sixties to mid-seventies. The neighborhoods where we lived were mixed. Some older homes, some newer, some white, some black, and no one cared. None of us kids worried about the skin color of the kids in the next house over, or down the street. It was never an issue for us or our parents. The parents would sit around shaking their heads at reports of riots in other places, wondering what people there were missing, that things got to that point. None of us kids thought about it at all. People were just neighbors. The only time any difference was ever noted was once when a couple of us girls were comparing hairstyles, as girls will do. A friend wanted to see if my fine, curly blonde hair would go into cornrows or not. It was, as I recall, a bit of a challenge.

The first time I saw any racism was after the schools started busing kids, and some of us ended up in a mostly black school. There, some of the kids really resented us being there, for whatever reason, and were pretty hostile. That was quite a shock for me. That did not, however, make me go home and suddenly resent or not trust the kids down the street with whom we played most of the time, just because they happened to be the same color as the racist kids at the school. We figured the parents of those kids must be teaching them to act that way. How things ended up there, I can't say, because we moved out of state shortly after, due to a job change for my dad.

I'm amazed (and this is a general statement) at how often American conservatives damn others for being PC (being offended by the words that people use to describe things) until they encounter words that they don't like ... and then, boyo, heads need to roll, walls need to be built, etc. etc.

In that case, it isn't about being "PC", but about people not appreciating being told they have a problem that they don't actually have. Claiming that someone is racist when they are not has nothing to do with PC vs. not PC. Just as I wouldn't call my childhood friends racist, because they were not, I won't accept being called racist myself, because I am not. Racism is simply stupid. It's as ridiculous as judging people for their hair color, or their height, or their eye color or whatever. People are who they are. Until we stop acting like only some can be racists, or claiming that all are intrinsically racist, we won't get past these issues.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Sorry for the late reply.

I have worked in two different states working at several different job positions ranging from groundskeeping all the way up to government civilian jobs. Working my way up to management. And I sometimes I wonder how the hiring manager finds some of these people I have worked with. The age range from first job at 16 all the way up to 65 year olds, some in their 70s and still working. One thing I have noticed is that each race has its own stereotype for a reason. For a long time I didn't believe racism actually existed in people until I came across it in the several different job positions I have held.

The best example given to me of what racism really was when it became very bad was when I worked as a chauffeur for a taxi company in denver colorado. I was talking to someone who we will call kenny. He was very old. Suffered from a stroke. Bleach white hair. Never combed it. Chain smoker with the voice to go with it. I remember sitting at a light rail station and suddenly the topic of picking up certain types of people came from him. He then said he'd never pick up any of those negros. He said it was because they had no money. But what made this situation even worse was how he almost ran over a black girl as he backed out of his parking spot to avoid the confrontation of the black girl. He didn't look behind himself as he backed out because he knew she needed a ride and he wanted to make her feel unwelcome among our cabs. After seeing this I took the girl where she wanted to go free of charge. It was only a 7 dollar ride anyway. But after I saw kenny being a stupid racist I felt it was unnecessary to almost commit assault with a deadly weapon on someone based on color.

He was full blown racist. I did report him. He was singing a different tune three days later. One of our managers was black. He confronted him about it. Because of what I said.

The girl in question was distraught in my cab about his actions. I asked her if she would like to file a complaint againsg him and she nervously said no. I asked her why not. She said because it would only make it worse.

In this case kenny's racism was curbed.

I even gave him one of my 100 dollar personals after I saw a change in him.
Another case: I worked at pepsi center, dicks sporting goods park, and coors field. I managed the food stands there. And to separate it by age to draw a comparison I worked with all kinds of people. And you if you have ever worked with teenagers before you know what to expect right? I never thought 25 year old white males would be so lazy. Woemen workers in the same age, different races worked better than males. I could not believe how many different faces I saw coming through in the 2 years and 4 months I worked at those three places in the same comapny.

Now to add to the stereotypes even more I never knew that more than 80 percent of the entire workforce there were registered felons, or even registered sex offenders.

More than a few times I would talk with my hiring manager who I will call kathrine, and she pointed out to me that the best working crews she put me with were registered felons and sex offenders. I could not believe the amount of hard work they put into their jobs. I asked her about some of the people who I sent back over the last year and she told me they had spotless backgrounds. They were later fired because they didn't want to do any hard work. They would only ever touch the cash register and the beer taps.

Here is something the greatly affected me one day. I didn't point to racism but I did point to an age group for obvious reasons. I had my car #ed up in aurora. Rocks were used to draw shapes and words on my car over the course of two days. I did not report the first vandalism because something told me to let it sit. Because at first there was nothing there to help me pinpoint who did it. The next day the word "bich" was scratched into the back window.

The way bich was written and the way it was spelt suggested two things to me. 1 it was definitely a kid. 2 it was a girl. I don't know a single guy in my own life experience who dots their I's with a circle, nor any dude who makes perfect circles when writing a lowercase b. I also never met any woman older than 18 who couldn't spell bitch correctly. I did not have any girlfriends at the time. I never had a girlfriend in denver. And I never pissed a woman off.

I know this sounds too crazey to believe but I lived on one of the most diverse streets in history. I lived in a neighborhood with kids of several ages and races. I lived right next door to some people who came from new mexico because their yard was converted into rocks, and they stucco'd the house. They had just two kids and both were boys. Across the street was a black family of 4 kids, 2 girls and two boys. Another spanish family with two teenaged girls, an indian family near the end of the block with 6 kids 5 boys and 1 girl. And about 2 other houses that had kids as well but I couldn't tell how many they had. But one of them was an asian family. And the other was another black family.

Throughout the investigation the spanish kids pointed at the indian kids, the black kids said they knew nothing. And the asian family wasn't home. A few days later the residents nearby told me even worse stories about this neighborhood.

And finally my most recent acts of racism against me from spanish. I have a latin last name that is a very popular last name found in mexico spelt with a C. But mine is spelt with an S. In thr groundskeeping job I had I quickly became my supervisors favorite worker. When the snow season came around the corner one of the supervisors who disliked me because I didn't know spanish decided to never call me into work. He was put with the responsibility to call me in for work. After suffering a week without being called in I asked the managers why I wasn't called in. They said the supervisor reported that I never answered my phone. I pulled my records from the phone company a month after I quit and sent them a letter attached to it. I was never called. I found out two months later it was because I worked too fast at shoveling snow, and that the mexicans who worked there wanted to stretch out the hours as much as possible during the snow season. Because I was able to keep up and continued to try and help complete the tasks on time they saw me as a threat to their pay checks.

That really pissed me off. And as if that stereotype against mexicans couldn't be any more true with the perception of being lazy and trying to string out more hours by doing the same amount of work for more pay I ran into again when I worked at a mall doing housekeeping in oaklahoma. My god I couldn't believe it when a company from texas was buying into the housekeeping there that the three mexican ladies, one of which who knew almost no english, actually succeeded at getting less responsibilities, but wanted the same amount of pay. My god I watched as the superintendant tried her best to revert their way of thinking. The war there was so crazy I just quit. That #ing charade made me sick. All of the paper work being bounced around made me sick. From social security paper and work visa checks to the accusations of workers being lay or stupid, or doing stupid #. I couldn't believe how much # was being tossed around. It was dizzying.

posted on Jan, 13 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
When it comes to where I work now with the experience I have I am pinned with a diverse crew. And the funny thing is.... the stereotypes are becoming more and more true. Especially based on race and gender.

What am I? I have a greek foot which suggests my fathers side of the family came from spain. But my mothers side of the family? German, and sweedish.

I really do not know what to make of myself.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TheBulk

but actual history books will show you that humanity as a whole is filled with violence and hatred.

Thats Bull#. The most despairing epochs in history were brought on by Greeks, Romans, Huns, French, British, Nazis, Soviets, now NATO, all of the aforementioned combined.

You forgot Alexander the Great, Cesar, Catholics, Christians, Napoleon, Conquistadors, Spanish decimated and enslaved central and south america and the Carribeaan, murdering untold numbers. The British Crown colonized India and China, addicting millions of Chinese on Opium, Napoleon and the French took or tried to colonize countries like Russia. You got the inquisition, witch hunts, and the Plague.

The US history of Genocide of Native Americans, Mexicans. The NAZIs, the biggest war makers of them all (Master Racists).All the europeans in WWI, Atilla the Hun, The goth visagoths, Hannibal… I won't even go into the whole Crusades and the endless wars between the Europeans-- french english and spanish. Dutch in the Indies, lots of English and spanish, french crown colonial gore in Africa, too.

Then fast forward to modern day. The US been killing hundreds of millions of people, invading, carpet bombing, firebombing Europe and Japanese cities, nuking them even. Then South and central America, Korea, Vietnam, Balkans Iraq, Afghanistan Libya, Syria, Ukraine…

do tell how awful the rest of humanity is.

PS almost forgot, The US killed off the Bufflao and chopped own all the trees, pollutes the world with nuclear waste, oil , heavy metals, chemical fertilizer, PCbs dioxin, blah, blah.

Come on now though. History is replete with other groups being brutal too. Just look at Rwanda. Or the Kmer Rouge. Or how in Burma now the Burmese oppress the hell out of the Royingar Bangladeshi minority. The Aztecs were imperialists and treated most other groups horrifically.

It shows serious ignorance or dishonesty when SJWs claim nobody else has been violent or oppressive.

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Freeborn

Err, you seem to be forgetting about the excesses of The Mongol Horde, Tamerlane, Pol Pot, Chairman Mao and countless instances of Chinese atrocities.
Or what about the barbarism of the Japanese.
What about some of the things The Assyrians did.

I said the biggest destructive epochs were perepd by whites. You can focus on minor players all day.

Most of those dire straits were perpetrated by dictatorships on their own country men within there own borders. Even the "Mongol Hoardes" are picnickers compared to other empires and modern mechanized warfare.

Really, horseback Mongol Empire? Bombs are more brutal than sword and bow and arrows. Pol Pot killed a couple million to cleanse his country of wester influence and "corruption". Not right, just also a minor chapter, comparatively.

Chinese also had endless minor wars, like I said the British crown killed more, of by and for Opium.

Germans killed upwards of fifty million in less than five years, in just the second world war. They started two, last century. The influenza plague after WWI killed 10s of millions world wide! Germans invented death camps. US invented Nukes, used them even on whole cities.

How about Nagasaki and Hiroshima? Hundred thousands in a few seconds. Tokyo? 100,000 immolated, overnight.

The current hegemony of Petro dollars, world police military, financial and political control over most of the world right now is white.

Not entirely accurate. The communist Chinese government is responsible for something like 60 million deaths...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
The other danger with thoughts like Yancy's is that if you buy into it, then nothing will ever be good enough for him and anything bad that happens to him will never be his fault.

If good things happen to him in life, then how much better might it have been if he wasn't stuck living in a racist society surrounded by racist whites?

If something bad happens, was it his fault or responsibility or did it happen because he lives in a racist society surrounded by racist whites?

Because in his view whites are racist no matter what simply because they are white and society is racist too. So because he is not white and must live in a society surrounded by whites and, in his view, set up by the same, then everything is against him. OMG! The man is likely an unrecognized Nobel Laureate, but because he lives in a racist society surrounded by racist whites, no one will ever know his true brilliance ... Heck, the Noble is a racist white construction anyhow ...

Also, there are things that come out of this. Some people of color believe so much in the concept of white male privilege that a white male can work very hard and have to overcome a lot, only to be suspected of having had a cake walk and also just having everything fall in their lap.

I can offer an example at my work, more from the parallel in feminism. A woman who is 25, and has less experience by far and less education than me, consistently feels that she should be over me, and gets angry that she isn't. I called her on it and she said it was just because she was a woman. To hear her tell it I'm getting recognition or being asked things by mgmt not because i'm 34 with a lot more experience/education, but because i'm a white male...

posted on Mar, 9 2016 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Come on now though. History is replete with other groups being brutal too.

Not_On_Our_Scale.

end of line

posted on Mar, 10 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

Come on now though. History is replete with other groups being brutal too.

Not_On_Our_Scale.

end of line

I have no denial that various European or Western cultures have engaged in all kinds of oppression.

There are a couple of aspects to my answer to you.

One, some other cultures HAVE engaged in oppression on that scale. The Chinese communists, for one. The Kmer Rouge.

Second, it is not a qualitative difference in racial propensity for violence or oppression. Instead, it is that the west industrialized first and through the use of superior force due that fact, NOT increased propensity for oppression, conquered a number of other groups, from Native Americans to sub-Saharan Africans. This is basically the whole Guns, Germs, and Steel thesis. A lot of people, who don't have a solid grasp of human history and also the multi-variate nature of economics, politics, industry, warfare, etc, don't understand this point. They only see the last several hundred years of Whites being dominant and then erroneously extrapolate history to mean that "only white people are oppressive" etc ad infinitum.

I want to be clear that I am not excusing nor advocating for any group to use such methods. But it is absolutely foolish to think only whites are capable of this.

top topics

<< 27  28  29   >>

join