It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people make fun of Islam ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly
a reply to: ElectricFeel

anyone who makes fun of someone's religion is a bully .. respect people's choice and move on because the reality is you won't ever change their mind so you are only wasting your time

the only thing you watch out for is ethical conduct if someone acts immorally whatever their reason- yes go after them.. otherwise just let it be.. people's believe systems don't change after they are already developed.. it's too late

Everything is open to satire and mockery, especially someones superstitions.

Don't take yourself so seriously, you'll live longer...

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369

don't worry about what others think.. worry about why it worries you what others think.. you probably live longer

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Worry?

Weren't you the one calling anyone that 'makes fun of someone's religion' a bully?

Seems you're the one that's worried/scared about what others think....

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

go and read the rest of what I wrote.. then we talk.. not sure why are you getting all worked up or why it hurt your feelings when you don't care btw

if you can have an opinion that hurts someones feelings I can have one too but I think you are truly not understanding.. but I give you the benefit of doubt about your character and wait for what you will come up with

till then have a great day sir madam I don't have the need to create friction with you..

but in general words like mockery and ridicule didn't make it into my vocabulary and I stand by the fact they are utterly childish and fit a bully profile
edit on 27-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Prezbo369
a reply to: Layaly

Worry?

Weren't you the one calling anyone that 'makes fun of someone's religion' a bully?

Seems you're the one that's worried/scared about what others think....

yes it worries me because it is people like you who are the reason why people will continue defending they religion instead of all of us moving forward .. how long will this crap go on .. If you think religion is the problem you are wrong.. they want us to defend our religion I don't know how people don't see it.. when people will stop having the need to .. we can finally abolish the religion politics and monetary system.. and I know you know this

there is much to learn from religion even if it is only for educational purposes .. how can it not interest people what makes people who they are.. Anyway
edit on 27-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

go and read the rest of what I wrote.. then we talk.. not sure why are you getting all worked up or why it hurt your feelings when you don't care btw

I did read what you wrote when I first replied, I re-read it again just now and it doesn't change anything?

If you think im worked up then you're mistaken, I disagreed with you when you said that mockery of religion is bullying.

To say it it bullying implies that it upsets you, or gets you worked up...

if you can have an opinion that hurts someones feelings I can have one too but I think you are truly not understanding.. but I give you the benefit of doubt about your character and wait for what you will come up with

I don't expect anyone to not say or write anything just because it might upset or offend me....we both cant say that can we?

It takes a special type of ego to have such expectations...

but in general words like mockery and ridicule didn't make it into my vocabulary and I stand by the fact they are utterly childish and fit a bully profile

They might not be in your vocabulary but you did attempt to engage in those actions when you replied with:

don't worry about what others think.. worry about why it worries you what others think.. you probably live longer

Does this fit the 'bully profile'?

edit on 28-12-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
So as I was on youtube watching Islamic lectures, I came across this video where a muslim speaker asked himself this question:

"Why do people make fun of Islam?" He himself answered that question in a very thought provoking way. This lecture, which is definitetly worth watching basically tells us that muslims themselves should also look in mirror and that God's help will not come untill we (yes I'm muslim) change our own selves.

It is not that people make fun of islam, it is that islamic people tend to make themselves look a little clown like.

When I was younger I did not heard much about islam in the uk and as I grew up more and more islamic groups would be heard. Whenever I would hear about islam or hear islamic groups talk about its faith, its values and views on the world. It comes across as self centered, non caring about the rest of the world, our way or the highway. Then you wonder why no one wishes to listen?

and to put the nail in the coffin, islamic views upon women and how they are treated is one of the most vile perspectives I have ever heard. That has nothing to do with my ways, its just freedom to all humans.

Maybe the reason people tend to make fun of islam would be, well...... How can islam be taken seriously?

edit on 28-12-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Fact1: You addressed me first
Fact2: I said worry why it worries you what I think (still no answer)(also no answer as to why does religion deserve mockery and ridicule..)
Fact3: Someone asked us an opinion.. I gave one.. already two people addressed me.. why?!?!? I let you guys say what you wanted..
Fact4:How in the world me saying ..people should mind their own business and let others think what they wish .. does that categorise as bullying (I really want an answer)

I want to continue a debate with you.. this is the first time you approached me but that does not mean I don't know who you are.. just from your avatar i can see your stand and how you view the current global situation but like I said I know a fair bit about you.. me and you have similar stand there is nothing you said that is not valid to me.. in my last post to you I said it's because of people like you that was to piss you off I admit that .. but my ultimate stand is worry about yourself mind your own business .. according to my religion I am already burning in hell for eternity or I can go in a box and all will be forgiven.. I am laughing out loud to myself but I won't go around laughing at people who think that.. and I have no shame saying I am catholic.. i give you three reasons why I send my original reply here: 1.we have equal right to think what we want 2.you can't change what people think 3.i am calling out to people like yourself to not waste ur time we can have fun together re: other stuff ...you coming here want do jack and shait 4.i think religion is interesting in terms of psychology and I do have faith (in something) the foundation of religion is faith .. even monkeys and elephants have religious rituals I think it's fascinating I think the OP is fascinating all people are beautifully fascinating .. Live let live

And yes in my eyes a person is bully if they are laughing at people and not with them!!!!!!! that's the difference here.. so to people like yourself I would turn to and say don't come here let's go for a beer and talk about what really is fun

if you want to know why it upsets me I gave you Charlie Hebro situation .. my stand is that it's unforgivable what happened to him but he was humiliating people.. how would you feel if some person drew chopping your head because you are non religious .. it's messed up .. Also my reply bellow

if you still don't get where my mind is then let's finish here.. I saw u wrote something super funny on metallicus's thread with jokes u said its from Christmas crackers I laughed my ass off it was the funniest reply in that thread and I wanted to tell you but we are Stucked here... plus back to fact one.. ok the ball is in your court

edit on 29-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
So as I was on youtube watching Islamic lectures, I came across this video where a muslim speaker asked himself this question:

"Why do people make fun of Islam?" He himself answered that question in a very thought provoking way. This lecture, which is definitetly worth watching basically tells us that muslims themselves should also look in mirror and that God's help will not come untill we (yes I'm muslim) change our own selves.

This video was a response to the Paris shooting, from 1:16 til 14:25 he explains how Islam doesn't justify the acts of terror that were committed in Paris.

From 14:25 till the end he answers his own question: " Why do people make fun Islam? ". I recommend you to watch the whole thing of course.

The beginning is a prayer in arabic, lecture starts at 1:16

Feel free to share your opinion based on the video above.
What this guy is teaching is far from the whole story of Izlam...One subtle remark he made is muzlims must give money to God...And where does that money go??? Millions upon millions of these wonderful peaceful muzlims thru their mosques send their money to Hamas, Hizbollah, the Taliban, Boko Harem, Al Qaeda, ISIS, the Muzlim Brotherhood and on and on...

In such a short, one time sermon the teacher didn't hit upon the many aspects of his holy book that demand muzlims to kill Jews where they find them, take slaves of all who reject Izlam...Behead those who refuse to convert...What he is doing is to convince his followers that in spite of the wretched practices of Izlam, that within itself Izlam is peaceful...And of course this sermon was made for non muzlim public consumption...

One thing that stood out to me is that this teacher harped on the idea that a muzlim has to change himself on the inside...Become a new man...That is a contrast to what Christianity teaches...Christianity teaches that God thru the Holy Spirit will change the inner man...That we are not capable of that maneuver...

Let's not forget that all the muzlim terrorists come out of mosques led by Imams who encourage them to take up arms against non muzlims...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Iscool

my reply is not to you.. just got me thinking..

how many people did the Catholic church kill or rape.. and still till this day there is not one law that doesn't mention God in it.. No one mentions religious lobbyist..

AND no one knows actually how much money does does the Catholic Church (all donated money) give to welfare, health care and charity.. I don't think people realise how deeply religion and politics are mixed.. if everybody stopped donating in the name of God the goverment would be screwed we are talking about billions of dollars in a year..

a brief summary of murders by the worlds first and most violent religion (the one I still don't blame for murder but I blame the people who used it)
articles.exchristian.net...

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: ElectricFeel
I don't discriminate at all, I consider all religions and religious followers with equal ridicule.

I was thinking along similar (but different) lines.

Why do people make fun of Islam? The same reason they make fun of Catholics, Protestants, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists, or any other religion.

Because they think that it IS funny.

Why? Because any religion, belief, or tenet that by definition forbids being made fun of, tends to be ridiculed simply BECAUSE it forbids being made fun of. Islam would seem to take that as far as it can be taken, if for no other reason than how nuts they went over that "Holy Prophet" cartoon, and the neanderthals that actually killed people because of it. Anything that takes itself THAT seriously just sets itself up for ridicule.

That's also what sets Islam apart from other faiths.

One of Robin Williams' funniest bits was his over the top impression of the "Southern Fundamentalist Preacher/Faith Healer". It was HILARIOUS. I'll bet that some Christians were offended by it, but I'm not aware of any "Christian Fundamentalist's" that were putting together assassination squads to go after Reverend Williams because they had been made fun of.

Eddie Murphy had a great bit in "Delirious" about the Pope getting shot. I don't remember many Catholics calling for him to be killed.

How many of you have never heard a joke about Catholic Priests molesting little boys?

How many funny bits were done about Jim Bakker, or Jimmy Swaggart, back when their ministries fell apart?

How many of you have never heard a funny Jewish Joke? One thing you can DAMN sure applaud Jews for is their ability to make fun of themselves!

THAT is what makes a lot of people more apprehensive about Muslims. It could also explain why, at least from what I've seen, you don't see a hell of a lot of comics, especially Muslim comics, doing hilarious Islam self-deprecating stand-up routines, because, although Muslims want their faith to be treated just like, and respected the same as, all the other religious faiths, having you and/or your family taken out by a suicide bomber because you told a joke (or drew a cartoon) is NOT funny, and I'm sorry, but you can't have it both ways.

At least that's how it looks to me, and I could be way off base. If so, could somebody post links to some of the comedy sites that feature The best Muslim comedians (or others) doing "Muslim self-deprecating humor"

NOBODY should take themselves TOO seriously!

The question in the OP was "Why do people make fun of Islam?", right?

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Freedom of speech ..

We can get there one day we will ..

I think the first step to achieve this goal is making people feel accepted not singling out .. Otherwise they will just continue in their little circles

if the world screamed come in you are welcomed regardless of where you are from what is your religion people will slowly abandon their believes

it is such a sensitive topic

On one hand I love stuff like South Park or family dude but I first want people to feel ok we all deserve to live a happy life no discrimination that's just yucky stuff (let's forget fanatics for a moment)

anyway I think I am done talking about this topic

OP good stuff Sir !!!! Thank you for sharing

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp
I completely agree, not just religions either, those passionately spiritual folk get equal ridicule from me the same, basically any unverifiable beliefs are targets if they are presented as fact.

posted on Dec, 29 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   
because they claim to be the religion of peace while waging so called holy wars and bulldozing palestinian homes at the same time, doesnt sound very peacefull at all.
edit on 29-12-2015 by JourneymanWelder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2015 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I don't know if my pms are working

I said I am really sorry for the misunderstanding and thank you .. that was hella cool

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join