It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people make fun of Islam ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: shinethelight
a reply to: ElectricFeel

I don't believe in making fun of anyone regardless of religion, sex, age, etc. I believe mankind was made in the image of God and we are to love God and love others. 'People ' is a bucket term. But I follow the bible and every individual is different. The bible says to build each other up and love your enemy. Bless those who curse you.

Do you read the Koran? Do you know that it says everyone who isn't Muslim is an infidel? It also says that you are to 'smite' your enemies? Do you believe in 'smiting ' your enemies?

So how can Islam be a religion of peace? Please explain that to me. Do you study or research what you believe?

Sorry for so many questions, but I can't wrap my mind around that.

Peace to you, Jesus loves you.

Suffism?

People decide what to interpret when they read books. The truth is the truth. People from every culture have bits and pieces. You still need to use reason (God given if your a believer). If it is true it will also standbup to reason. Plenty of theology is reasonable. The bible has gone through plenty of transitions with man made entries being emphasized or deemphazied. Some just historic or allegory.

I am not a follower or believer in religion but I am a Diest panthiest of sorts. I welcome change to Islam.

I hope more Muslims speak out and re interpret the meaning of the passages and call out the psychotic culture in much of the ME.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

The old testament is insanely harsh and I would not call the souls there spiritually and morally advanced. Humanist atheist are following the universal golden rule better from my point of view than many of the characters told there.

Where Yeshua can be seen as an advanced anointed one (Messiah/Buddha/Christ) that can be a peace bringer to all humanity, Paul from my point of view create the idol worshiping towards one single soul as a free ride again not taking responsibility for action/behavior.

Muhammad made the same mistake as Paul from my point of view in the Quran. This crusader/jihad killing others for religious imperialism is insane no matter who does it, but Abrahamic religions seem to be very susceptible to this duality ideology.

Rumi seem to be another anointed one from my point of view.
edit on 25-12-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Anyone who worships a mythical being is kind of funny be it a god or spaghetti monster. I don't have much respect for religion of any kind. Not to say I don't have my own philosophies on life and metaphysics, but I tend to keep them too myself, without shoving them in people's faces and expecting them to be respected.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969
Pretty damn sure that Hebrews have been suffering for thousands of years. You cannot compare the two.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: LittleByLittle
Yup....those awesome athiest never hurt anyone....well except under Hitler....and Stalin....and Mao....Athiest over the last 100years have killed many many millions more people than any religion.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: odinsway

I think you need to read up more about the history of Hitler to claim he is an atheist and know what religions he admired and had a preference for.

Stalin and Mao is another story from my point of view. But how are Stalin and Mao Humanist atheists following the golden rule?

If you follow the universal golden rule then you cannot be a hypocrite because if you are a hypocrite then you are failing to follow the golden rule.
edit on 25-12-2015 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I watched half of the video and he gave a white washed version of what Mohammed really was just like other religions do. Mormons with Joseph Smith(best guy in the world). The facts he was a con man. Scientology with Ron Hubbard(best guy in the world). Another con man. The guy also said not to look at stuff that criticized Islam. He also said he had a right to be offended. I guess his belief in a prophet that flew on a winged horse from Medina to Mecca can't be made fun of because it insults him. Those extremist go by sura 5:33 punishment for those that wage war against Allah as in the countries bombing Syria or other Muslim countries in the middle east.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Profit Marmalade place bacon upon him?

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   

anyone who makes fun of someone's religion is a bully .. respect people's choice and move on because the reality is you won't ever change their mind so you are only wasting your time

the only thing you watch out for is ethical conduct if someone acts immorally whatever their reason- yes go after them.. otherwise just let it be.. people's believe systems don't change after they are already developed.. it's too late
edit on 26-12-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Layaly

anyone who makes fun of someone's religion is a bully ..

We were asked why, no-one made a thread called "this is why we make fun of religion".

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

EDIT: the vid is hilarious
don't get me wrong I have been banned here for making fun of Jesus and I am Christian
threads like these don't belong in the religion forum my thread was moved from puns to this forum and many got offended but I would only make fun of my religion .. that's the only time it is funny .. if that is your point

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 02:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Layaly

Most people don't just go around making fun of religions. But if you ask someone why they make fun of religion (I refuse to single out Islam, they are all wacky) don't go around saying the person you asked a question is a bully for answering it. It's like a fat person saying "do you think I'm fat", and when you answer yes they say your a dick.
edit on 26-12-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:06 AM
link   

first half of your post

I didn't call the op or anyone answering here a bully.. not sure what makes you think that.. the op neither the tittle is phrased your way.. neither is your answer.. u can see I didn't address any of you

Second part

why are u calling anyone fat in first place it is bullying there is no how u can twist that.. it's funny when a fat person makes fun of themselves for being fat .. That's healthy humour .. now again I am not answering to you specifically just to what I was asked

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

u rephrased ur post
now that I agree with.. my personality I white lie about all those type of questions .. Now that you rephrase that.. I would say they are only asking because they are insecure or something else I would have the heart to be so blunt .. with guys is different you ask each other that and you don't go crying into pillow but you hit the gym instead.. it's still a good intention

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Second part

why are u calling anyone fat in first place it is bullying there is no how u can twist that

Yea I realized that after, I changed it to what I meant to say, thanks for pointing it out!

I didn't call the op or anyone answering here a bully

You said if someone makes fun of religion they are a bully. If I have personal opinions about religion that can be considered making fun of it, and you ask me about them, I'm not a bully.

That's what I was getting at.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I really need to proof-read better before hitting enter. I have a really bad problem of that lol.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 03:52 AM
link   

I already knew with your first response to me where your heart and mind is at that vid was second big confirmation of your intentions.. I knew what ever you say next will be to prove that.. that is why I send u a pun, say ur vid was funny

General to the thread

and threads like these are best in chit chat or pun sections I am not sure why they put them here
second I always said a thread belongs to the person who made it they can say what ever they want it's their head space i would be hypocrate to come here and call op bully if I don't like it get out of here let us chat behind close doors make your own thread and biach about us all u want

I just came in to say f*** it don't waste ur time
like I said I was banned for making fun of Jesus yet I am a big fan of jebus(I used to hate being Christian I was made to go to church and blah blah now I like the good stuff about it) with my thread I made (same as this dif religion addressed) truth is actually I wanted to see who is a fanatic and how will people react.. I reassured people who were genuine and attacked Christian fanatics attacking my atheist friends but in religion forums I will defend my Christian friends if it's their thread.. unless the op attacks others here I will step in that to me is open challenge yucky stuff ok this wasn't meant to carry on like this but it reminds me of the Charlie Hebro thing it's a sensitive topic and I won't support humuliation it's childish and draining when people try to get their point of view across that way.. it ends up bad .. and it's no fun anyway personally I don't find stuff like that funny

jez I yepped this out sorry op or anyone reading this

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 04:03 AM
link   

But...the OP is muslim, and asking a question about his own religion. I simply answered.

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I will post this because I re read it and I don't think I said it clear enough .. I was just saying you don't need to explain yourself.. I didn't read any replies here I was purely thinking about the outside world it had nothing to do with you guys here.. but I am glad you did explain yourself.. you said you wouldn't deliberately do that.. there are people in this thread who I care about deeply (grammar?! Not sure) and I know they are good people regardless their stand on religion.. But purposely making fun or attacking it's not on and I would say that even to a friend.. sorry don't mean to drain you with my replies just making sure you know I don't care what you think about religion you seem to be ok
god I hate being lame

sorry for the derail op

posted on Dec, 26 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I don't discriminate at all, I consider all religions and religious followers with equal ridicule.

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join