It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people make fun of Islam ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So as I was on youtube watching Islamic lectures, I came across this video where a muslim speaker asked himself this question:

"Why do people make fun of Islam?" He himself answered that question in a very thought provoking way. This lecture, which is definitetly worth watching basically tells us that muslims themselves should also look in mirror and that God's help will not come untill we (yes I'm muslim) change our own selves.

This video was a response to the Paris shooting, from 1:16 til 14:25 he explains how Islam doesn't justify the acts of terror that were committed in Paris.

From 14:25 till the end he answers his own question: " Why do people make fun Islam? ". I recommend you to watch the whole thing of course.

The beginning is a prayer in arabic, lecture starts at 1:16

Feel free to share your opinion based on the video above.
edit on 24-12-2015 by ElectricFeel because: typo

edit on 24-12-2015 by ElectricFeel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Because its taboo to attack judaism, and they need a boogey man to keep them scared.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Making fun helps people feel more "above it all". Hard to laugh and be scared at the same time.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Why not?

Not like I have a special pass for other religions.

Ancient scriptures trying to tell you how to live your life in modern times?

No thanks.

We updated the system.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

You clearly haven't watched the vid

+16 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
People make fun of Islam because Muslims live the way that a man in his 50's with a 6 year old wife from 1600 years ago tell them to.
But its fine,he didn't sleep with the 6 year old CHILD until she was 9!
That might be a start for you.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
Making fun helps people feel more "above it all". Hard to laugh and be scared at the same time.

A very astute point..... that I will probably steal from you....

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricFeel

Yeah I didn't, highly doubt anyone else did. Especially those replied before me, or probably after me, seeing how its 30 mins.

I am suppose to invest 30 minutes of my time watching the entirety of the video?

I clicked through it, all religions bores me and deserves to be made fun of, or as we see it, criticized.
edit on 24-12-2015 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I don't know. Why do people make fun of Christians or Jews?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: glen200376

People make fun of Islam because Muslims live the way that a man in his 50's with a 6 year old wife from 1600 years ago tell them to.
But its fine,he didn't sleep with the 6 year old CHILD until she was 9!
That might be a start for you.

Beginnersguide on how to get quick stars on ATS: Step 1. Well played, enjoy your cheap stars.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Muslims get far more upset about people "making fun" or even criticizing their religion. Its gonna happen in a free society. Just look at Jesus and how much he is portrayed on popular media. Jesus is the main focus of numerous jokes and satire.

Lots of people are ignorant or bigots about Islam but the same can be said about lots of other religions.

Islam is the largest religion in the world and the majority always get criticized

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Did you watch the 30 minutes in its entirety before replying?

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Skipped the prayer

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Maybe it is the promise of all of those virgins in Heaven that the whole concept is rejected over that a dozens and of other aspects that defy modern thinking?

edit on 24-12-2015 by Aliensun because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Still not enough time :p

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
All religion is stupid, some are worse than others,and sheep like to follow,

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

I think these 5 Myths need to be addressed once and for all, regarding Islam, because it seems some are continuously using them here in ATS and expect others to answer it every time.

Myth 1: 72 virgins in Heaven

Myth 2: Kill all the infidels

Myth 3: Take over the world through forceful conversions

Myth 4: Death Sentence to apostates

Myth 5: Extra Tax on Non-Muslims

So here it is.

Myth Number1 (72 Virgins)

This line, "72 virgins", has been used many times to explain suicide bombings. The idea is that if you die in "Jihad" you will go to heaven and receive "72 Virgins".

This is false.

When you die, you don't go straight to heaven, you will wait until the judgement day, and you will be judged just like everyone else (Muslim and Non-Muslim).

No where in the Quran does it say that you will receive 72 Virgins when you enter paradise.
How ever, it does say you can have what ever you please, that means anything you want. When you are in Paradise, you can wish for what ever you please, hence you still have "free will".

So where does the idea of 72 virgins comes from?

It is from Hadith, here is the specific Hadith:

"It was mentioned by Daraj Ibn Abi Hatim, that Abu al-Haytham 'Adullah Ibn Wahb narrated from Abu Sa'id al-Khudhri, who heard Muhammad saying, 'The smallest reward for the people of Heaven is an abode where there are eighty thousand servants and seventy-two houri, over which stands a dome decorated with pearls, aquamarine and ruby, as wide as the distance from al-Jabiyyah to San'a.

en.wikipedia.org...

The truth is, that in Paradise you can have what ever you wish, 72 virgin is just one option, which is not even from the Quran, so it is uncertain.

What does Quran say about heaven?

“There will be for them therein all that they wish,- and more besides in Our Presence” (Quran 50: 35 Translated meaning )

- oozyism (ATS Member)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Obviously somebodys version of islam does justify acts of terror, your and khutba's versions are different from those
and i can live perfectly fine with his and your version.
But in reality who has the claim on the right version is it the sunni or shia or a third or fourth group? i dont know but
i know that some muslims are prepared to defend their version with murder and those fractions are dragging the peaceful
of you down with them because apart from denying the violence part not much else seperates you, so we identify you as a group, im sorry for you that thats the case and outcome, but telling us that this is not what the koran preaches does just not cut it, it can be contradicted to easy by the way somebody choose to understand the verses, its religion afterall and as such not based on reason.
People who belive they think they know are the problem.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

**Ignore this comment**

+3 more 
posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricFeel
a reply to: glen200376

Beginnersguide on how to get quick stars on ATS: Step 1. Well played, enjoy your cheap stars.
Oh thank you.
I notice that there was no denial from you though.Most non Muslims are ignorant of this fact.
You asked a question, I gave you an honest answer.
If you don't like it its because the truth hurts.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join