It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How much does age matter?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlesT
a reply to: payta

On a purely sexual perspective, it may very well make quite a lot of difference when you are 60 and still have the necessity of fulfilling your sexual urge but she is 72 and no longer willing, or even able to fulfill those needs.

When I was 24 I established a relationship with a partner 13 years older than me. Everything was fine until I turned around 55 and she was 68. You should expect sexual intimacy to end at some potentially premature point in the relationship.

Not all women are past it at 72!! and not all women look aged at 72 either.

And if you think all OAP's are celibate.... I have read some where that the

biggest increase in sexually transmitted decease's is not among teens but

in the older generation.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

On a purely sexual perspective, it may very well make quite a lot of difference when you are 60 and still have the necessity of fulfilling your sexual urge but she is 72 and no longer willing, or even able to fulfill those needs.

When I was 24 I established a relationship with a partner 13 years older than me. Everything was fine until I turned around 55 and she was 68. You should expect sexual intimacy to end at some potentially premature point in the relationship.

Not all women are past it at 72!! and not all women look aged at 72 either.

And if you think all OAP's are celibate.... I have read some where that the

biggest increase in sexually transmitted decease's is not among teens but

in the older generation.

Well, I am just relating personal experience and what little medical knowledge I have about the aging process but from my own personal experience, the tissue lining the vaginal wall is no different then the skin anywhere else on the human body. As a person ages skin decreases in it thickness and when the vaginal wall thickness decreases sexual intercourse can become painful for the female partner to the point of refraining from any further intercourse. Yes, there are lubricants that can be applied but will the partner be willing at that stage?

Edit: If you have not reached the age of 72 yet, wait a few years and post an update to this thread when you reach 72.
edit on 24-12-2015 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Edit: If you have not reached the age of 72 yet, wait a few years and post an update to this thread when you reach 72.

Like I said in my previous post, I never discuss age it is immaterial.

The first sign of ageing is when you start thinking there are things

you cant/shouldn't do!!

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

I reached that stage during puberty.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I belief there are people with a "calender" age of 50 but are young of heart and mind. (Some) people also say that most important for a sucesful relationship is whats inside and the outside is second place...

Either this is all BS or a substantial difference in age will work when both people have the right mindset which will fit perfectly with the other.

posted on Dec, 24 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   
This will be harsh, but I promise you I mean well. I'm in no way trying to disrespect you... however, this is my honest opinion:

Age is not an issue. Maturity is.

She's in a relationship with someone else, it's been that way for some time now, she seems committed - which shows some level of maturity.

You've been trying to get her out of this relationship and you led someone on even though you had feelings for someone else. Maybe you're not as mature as you think, which isn't necessarily connected to your age at all.

We all need some time to grow up, be aware of who we are and how our actions affect everything and everyone around us. That's being mature. Talking about things in a "mature way" means nothing if you can't ACT in a mature way.

Walk the walk, instead talking the talk.

I wish you well and I'm sorry if this came out too harsh.

posted on Dec, 25 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: LukeDAP
This will be harsh, but I promise you I mean well. I'm in no way trying to disrespect you... however, this is my honest opinion:

Age is not an issue. Maturity is.

She's in a relationship with someone else, it's been that way for some time now, she seems committed - which shows some level of maturity.

You've been trying to get her out of this relationship and you led someone on even though you had feelings for someone else. Maybe you're not as mature as you think, which isn't necessarily connected to your age at all.

We all need some time to grow up, be aware of who we are and how our actions affect everything and everyone around us. That's being mature. Talking about things in a "mature way" means nothing if you can't ACT in a mature way.

Walk the walk, instead talking the talk.

I wish you well and I'm sorry if this came out too harsh.

Not harsh at all, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I think you may have a point, still I dont want her relationship to end abruptly because of me. I'm not a hrny selfish guy, at least not in this particular case. And I wasn't with my gf cause I couldn't do any better.
But it did happened that I met someone I really liked while being in a relationship. It's true though, that as time goes on I appreciate more what we have. But I understand too that I may be wrong thinking I got it all sorted out, I'm prolly not as mature as I think, and I still have a lot to learn.
I'm taking it easy though, seeing where this leads, someone posted earlier that I should just let things be, and if its meant to be then love will finds its way.

posted on Dec, 28 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   

I believe that maybe not right now but sometime in the future we could give it a try, when the time is right. We talk about it, but she tells me she would never be with me cause she feels the age difference is too big

Love is not coming from friendship but from passion (friendship come later). My advise is forget it. She does not desire you. Women are like that, they love you at first sight or they does not love you at all. A good friend is all that she need from you. If you insist for a relationship with her, you will just make her uncomfortable.

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think it is more about shared interests and activities vs. age.

That said though, if kids are in the pipeline, something to consider. But otherwise, if both people are happy, have fun I say.

My wife is a year older than me, but I've had fun with gals half my age too, so...you know.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join