It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kinda performed a self surgery today....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
kinda performed a self surgery today. The procedure went well. I had a huge mole that popped out of know where. And it was all weird looking. So I removed it with a knife. It went so so. They'll still be a scare there but at least it's not so bad looking. I guess it's not the first time I've had to do a self surgery of some sort but it's been a while. It was in a bad spot too, hard to reach. I'm just hoping it heals up okay. I'd post a pic but I'll save you the gory details. It did kinda get me thinking though after I did it. As it was a bit of a bloody affair. I don't think most people do that kind of thing. Which gets me wondering. So the obvious only other option is to go to the DR. There, after getting diagosed, they might end up potentially on radiation or kemo which would be extremely harmful to the person. Probably not in all cases but perhaps a few right. Kinda a scary thought. But ya I'm pretty much my own DR in life. I mean now with the help of the net you can pretty much have DIY healthcare as odd as that might seem. Your thoughts?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

No big there, you simply did what a man had to do. I have done the same before. Also took out a wart in the eight grade similarly. Sometimes you just need to burn and dig for them warts, they got roots!
Stupid wart pad bs dont work worth a spit innt?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Go see a doctor.... I expected this:

edit on 22-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:51 PM
link   

You should not do that. You should have a biopsy, especially if it has gotten bigger or changed in shape. The way you did it, it will probably grow back, anyway.

edit on 22-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

Skin cancer can look like a mole or a pimple that doesn't go away.

I had a tiny 'pimple' below my ear about 5 years ago. I thought it was from sweat while working (I am a housekeeper), I am not prone to pimples otherwise. Almost 2 years later, still there. I couldn't see it in a mirror well.

A friend, who is a nurse, gave me some cream for it, but told me to have it looked at.

I still waited.

The same friend saw it again and told me to go to the ER. I did. It was a Saturday.

The ER doc made an appointment for me at Rosswell Park cancer Institute for that Monday.

It was cancer and it was Basal Cell carcinoma.

After obligatory x rays, cat scans and dental work (they have you get all needed dental work in case surgery fails, dental work is not good if you are undergoing Chemo).

Within 2 months, I was in surgery. It had spread farther than they thought, being it was a little thing , above the surface, about 2 cm around.

Surgery was planned for 2 hours, It took 6. I woke up to my mother sitting next to my bed and a bandage on my whole head. I asked "where is my dr? (he is Dept. Head of head and neck surgery there). My mother said "He hadn't planned for such a long surgery and was going to miss his plane to go on vacation. He told me to tell you it went well and it is all gone."

It took 2 months to recover. I have a faint scar from the top of my right temple, all along the hairline and half way down the right side of my neck.

edit on 23-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I've repaired a compound fracture myself. Best get to work while it's still numb.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Go see a doctor.... I expected this:

I have seen a couple of these. Idiot people do this and then put it on Youtube. Doctors are capable of handling that better. I can't tell if that was done on a child, but if it was it is worse. (the 2nd vid).
edit on 22-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

LOL,

Yes, they are gross!

What I don't understand is why someone would let something like that get that big before taking care of it.

These are a job for leaches

edit on 22-12-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I don't have much faith in the medical industry. Getting diagnosed is NEVER a good thing. Just leads to more problems.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance

I don't have much faith in the medical industry. Getting diagnosed is NEVER a good thing. Just leads to more problems.

My going saved my life. Apparently it was millimeters from lymph nodes, when it gets there, it can be all over.

Didn't need chemo or radiation, which you are worried about. but they can see the extent of it, when you can't.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:16 AM
link   

My advice is don't believe anything a dr ever tells you. It's all lies to sell either drugs or operations. Often which will kill you. The fact is that doctors no longer have to say or are bound by the Hippocratic Oath.
edit on 23-12-2015 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

My advice is don't believe anything a dr ever tells you. It's all lies to sell either drugs or operations. Often which will kill you.

No. A real lab examined the biopsy. It was real. They were able to handle it with surgery. Had I not gone, I would not be here right now.

At the time, I had no insurance. The COBRA from my last employment had run out. Roswell park helped me fill out forms for medicaid and they mailed the forms in. So, I doubt they were looking for money. I had none.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Cancer caught early is often quite treatable and the mole you described is a warning sign of cancer. Would you prefer it checked and removed properly or prefer it spreads to other parts of your body eventually leading to a brutal and agonizing death?

I'm all for cauterizing the occasional wound myself, but cancer isn't a something you cut out and rub some dirt on to be a man. A man who is his own oncology surgeon has an idiot for a patient.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Ksihkehe

How do you know cancer is even real? Other than because a dr told you it was real.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

yyou don't pay direct but you still pay via taxes or medical insurance.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

How do you know cancer is even real? Other than because a dr told you it was real.

A lab report told me it was real and then my doctor.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   

yyou don't pay direct but you still pay via taxes or medical insurance.

True. But they weren't going to make any fortune off of me, or medicaid, which pays on it's own scale, not what a provider demands.

Roswell Park This is their website. They saved my life. It was relaxing to even go there, oddly. They have a man playing classical piano in the lobby. Beautiful fountains outside. Free wifi, when free wifi wasn't everywhere, I would bring my laptop to play Evony, the game I played at the time. The metro stop was a couple block walk away.

I can never thank them enough.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Hey man your going cuckoo there. Cancer not real?? Anyways, most moles are benign. I have removed three moles myself since teenager just out of being bored and not liking the way they looked where they were. The only thing I did different than a physician who I would pay lord knows what even with insurance is a lack of dope. Anesthesia to be precise. No infections, no skin cancer, no death. And no annoying bills or insistence on drugs.

Just some barbarism and badassness. Warts, I only ever had one. It was so ugly to look at and like I said, that stupid band aid junk is no good. I hear the canned air when you hold upside down is good for that now though too.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:40 AM
link   

they could have just as easily killed you. Would you thank them then?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:42 AM
link   

I see now. You've cleared things up for me.

I believe it's real because I educated myself on it. I believe that may be where our thoughts on it have gone different directions.

and all the more power to you.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist
Hey man your going cuckoo there. Cancer not real?? Anyways, most moles are benign. I have removed three moles myself since teenager just out of being bored and not liking the way they looked where they were. The only thing I did different than a physician who I would pay lord knows what even with insurance is a lack of dope. Anesthesia to be precise. No infections, no skin cancer, no death. And no annoying bills or insistence on drugs.

Just some barbarism and badassness. Warts, I only ever had one. It was so ugly to look at and like I said, that stupid band aid junk is no good. I hear the canned air when you hold upside down is good for that now though too.

You are lucky. I hope you don't remove moles by yourself anymore.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join