It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

kinda performed a self surgery today....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: reldra

they could have just as easily killed you. Would you thank them then?

Just as easily? had I let it go I would be 100% dead right now. So, no, not as easily.

There are always risks with anesthesia. I had a minor operation when I was 12 where they may have overestimated the amount, but I lived. I woke up and couldn't breathe and a nurse had her back to me at a desk. I knocked over a pitcher to get her attention. There are NO hospitals now that don;t have eyes on you when you come out of anesthesia, at least in developed countries.

After that, I had an appendectomy at 22 (runs in the family), went fine. If I didn't have the surgery, I would have been 100% dead.

Had an epidural during labor, went fine.

The anesthesia for the skin cancer operation went fine.
edit on 23-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Well I dot really look at them from an aesthetic POV as I did when I was younger, so I dont really care too. What does it matter?? Its not like we need moles, and removing them doesnt really scar. Why in fact, I would personally remove all my moles if someone offered me a monetary incentive to do so simply for the shock value. Thats how little I fear advice from the scary medical industry.

Its not like you need someone who earns 80k+ annually and spend the cost of a house and eight years studying for a degree to apply disinfectant and take antibiotics. Personally anyone whos mind knows how to refocus their thoughts from pain is more than capable without any pain killers. I mean we have been doing this stuff to ourselves since we had tools so I dont really see what is so shocking.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AmericanRealist

Well I dot really look at them from an aesthetic POV as I did when I was younger, so I dont really care too. What does it matter?? Its not like we need moles, and removing them doesnt really scar. Why in fact, I would personally remove all my moles if someone offered me a monetary incentive to do so simply for the shock value. Thats how little I fear advice from the scary medical industry.

Its not like you need someone who earns 80k+ annually and spend the cost of a house and eight years studying for a degree to apply disinfectant and take antibiotics. Personally anyone whos mind knows how to refocus their thoughts from pain is more than capable without any pain killers. I mean we have been doing this stuff to ourselves since we had tools so I dont really see what is so shocking.

In some cases, moles are cancerous. You cut it off yourself, being as careful as possible with a sterilized knife but the rest of it is still well under the skin. That is the problem. You just do not know.

If you have had the mole for 20 years and it hasn't changed shape or gotten bigger, you can probably leave it be.

If you decide to cut it off, it is at your own peril.

If it gets bigger or changes shape or suddenly appears, like in the case of the OP, it is then a doctor's concern.
edit on 23-12-2015 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Well yes most certainly I would agree with that. Especially if there is a family history. Thankfully the genetics are fine on my side. OP, better not rule out doctors and the existence of cancer so swiftly. One must be educated on all aspects of our health to stay in peak health. I usually only go see a physician if I am like absolutely miserable sick, and that has not happened in years. No meds or nothing.

Frequent alcohol consumption and tobacco smoking tends to compromise the immune systems, especially when taken with a diet of garbage food with no nutrition and empty calories. Natural juices and brewed teas, milk and water are really all I drink. And considering how frugal I am I usually just drink tap water. When I used to buy a 2 liter of Pepsi before when I was single, I would finish it after like two months. Now if I get one, my wife and the young ones kill it in under three days and I never even get a sip

Luckily my oldest really developed a desire for a purely nutritious diet and refuses soda or fake juice of any kind, and I always offer it to him. Proud of that boy. Imagine an eight year old boy who refuses to drink kool aid, soda, or sunny D .

These are all way to keep and maintain a very robust immune system and avoid trips to a physician and pay with #ty insurance. Obviously if a break a bone or sever a limb in an accident I wont hesitate to hit the ER.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: lavatrance

This is an irresponsible thing to post. In the majority of cases relating to tumours, carcinoma, melanoma and the like, the most important thing is to get diagnosed as early as possible, so that treatment options are likely to be least drastic, and most effective. In many cases, that is literally the difference between life and death as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
It just blows my mind that anyone in any developed first world country would even consider "self surgery", simply because of financial concerns. You guys need to demand universal healthcare!

... Just saying.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

What? Bro its a mole. Its not like we're doing triple bypass, or root canal, or even dealing with fractures here. Universal health care would be nice though. Just because something seems violent and scary, does not mean we should go soft and designate someone else to deal with simple matters.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:53 AM
link   
Cancer is real. I used to have paranoid thoughts that doctors would make stuff up and tell me lies, but I got over that crazy line of thinking.
If you don't trust western medicine, at least get a diagnosis so you can take that information to an Eastern medicine practitioner. They won't do anything that could harm you. Some of the natural herbal medicines have been in use for like 4'000 years. You might get acupuncture and a diet plan as the Eastern medical traditions focus a lot on food for healing.
Also, please say you cleaned your self given operation properly and are keeping it clean... rubbing alcohol or iodine solution?
All the best and good health to you!

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I would suggest putting some hemp oil and tea tree oil on that wound. Great for preventing infection and speeds healing.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Now you removed a sudden suspicious mole-growth....I'm sure you've sent it to a lab for the biopsy?

Let us know if it matastisized and is cancerous or not.

MS
EMT
Advanced Life Support

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Good Job OP. removing your third eye is critical.

I had some moles removed from my face because they were hard and I kept cutting them when shaving. They felt strange. That was the most miserable thing I did, the doctor decided to put stitches that needed to be removed instead of disolving stitches and he had a nurse remove them. She just cut the tops off thinking they were disolving stitches. My granddaughter was pulling stitches out for over a year as they would poke out and never really healed till the stitches were gone. The nurse was worried about the stitches hurting me as she was removing them so cut them off.

I found accidently that taking a high dose nicotinic acid pill made the moles raw and when they healed the moles didn't itch anymore and were soft. I don't know what the hell happened there, but a dozen moles got fixed by that. My first impression was that the niacin was bad, but it actually turned out to be a good thing.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Your thoughts?

You're even more insane than I previously thought.

I mean now with the help of the net you can pretty much have DIY healthcare as odd as that might seem.

Yeah, I guess with the help of the net you can do anything.

Even before with the help of books one could pretty much DIY healthcare.

However, the point is like anything involved with the scientific method is peer review.

You can go see numerous doctors from all walks of life and all different kinds of medical practices.

What you did is take a risk when there were ways of reducing or erasing any risk, hence me thinking you are insane.

But to your advantage, we all are in one way or another.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AmericanRealist

that's what you think! It was very messy! It was no small thing

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: peppycat

We're living in the DIY era. You can do most everything yourself these days. And most times if you do, you're FAR BETTER OFF. You get it done right, get it done cheap, and fast. Like I just had an incident happen where I walk into a store to get an electronic item fixed. It was a trainee. LIKE AHHHH I'M SO FREAKIN STUPID to let him look it over. Well first he wastes an hr at it. Then breaks it. Then realized after a full hour that his part isn't even compatible with the item. And has the nerve to act like I should have to pay something for the effort. It was so nuts. So I brought it to another place and 50 bucks later I had it back to WHERE I STARTED FROM. Ya I had to pay 50 at another place to repair what this stupid moron broke. What a joke. But really I can't blame them too much. I should have done my own research to figure it out rather than hope someone who doesn't know and dones't care and gets minimum wage is gonna somehow be able to fix. DR's are no different. They just want to make money off you, that's it. Yes they might be competent to get it right after wasting weeks of your life, and endless proceedures and tests later, but we're talking for something that you could fix in a few minutes. But we live in such a weird culture that people are too scared to try anything on there own anymore. We've been brainwashed to believe that only certain people know how to do certain things, end of story when it's not true at all. And one more thing....most people seem to die in hospitals, not get well. That's my 2 cents.

Anyway....that being said I'm just gonna post something here....for Y'ALL....

edit on 23-12-2015 by lavatrance because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

there's no such thing as cancer! it's a scam!.....okay correction.....lets just say it's suppose to be about 1000 times rarer than it all of a sudden now is. 100 years ago cancer was an enigma, a ghost, it was as rare as a pink diamond or smething .

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Can't. Because anything that can actually heal you is illegal in Cdn. The PTB and the health care industry is a complete joke. All they want to do is hurt the sheep, and steal from them, not help them. ......& I'd only ever use it for serious trauma care, that's it.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

100 years ago cancer was an enigma, a ghost, it was as rare as a pink diamond or smething .

So where many other things are in abundance today.

I am all for educating one self,

However it seems you lack the education or basic logical thinking why it might be that way in the past with certain things.

DR's are no different. They just want to make money off you, that's it. Yes they might be competent to get it right after wasting weeks of your life, and endless proceedures and tests later, but we're talking for something that you could fix in a few minutes.

concerning moles popping up out of no where?

There is a reason it might takes weeks to get answers.

I have thought this way from time to time, however I also thought whats involved for being a doctor, how much they learn and relearn with new science and treatments available, how many patient they care for.

Your thought process is ignorance towards doctors, yeah some might have lost the strive for what in the first place made them become a doctor others might have other reasons for taking the quick and easy path and simply prescribing whatever for whatever condition one might suffer from, however many doctors do great service to society.

Idiots on Youtube and internet chat site that spout rubbish like cancer is not real, doctors are a scam are highly likely to be absolutely nobody in real life, a slave to the system that doesn't contribute to society or does in a minimal sense simply because its the only way they know how to live.

It takes intelligence to be a doctor which most that criticize doctors have very little of.

Yeah you can do anything yourself these days, stay stupid and take the quick and easy way or gain intelligence/knowledge and experience by taking the hard and long road.

Its a choice every has, its shame too many these days take the easy road, whats worse is its usually those that com[plain about these that take the long hard road.

Is it jealousy or just their ignorance?

I hope you curb your ignorance if another mole pops up and get it checked, you don't like whats you hear, see another doctor or as someone suggested see practitioner of eastern medicine.

You are fine example of the insanity society is moving forwards to, DIY healthcare, yeah fair enough if you have a minor ailment such a cold or minor injury you are sure of because you know how you received it and its not worth seeing the doctor for sprained ankle or whatever minor injury, then yes treat it yourself instead of seeing a doctor, but sudden growths which could be cancerous is something to get tested if you value your own life and well being.

Believing cancer is fake because it was less prevalent in society 100 years ago leaves me speechless.

Most cars must be fake, most planes, TVs, anything science has discovered and invented must be fake because it wasn't around a 100 years ago, can you not see the flaw in that logic?

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

well if you made a mess and it was no small matter, then either you had a super size mole, or you did not really know what you were doing at all. i done three to myself and it has never been a mess. wipe down your blade with a alcohol wipe as well as the site of the i kept a sterile cloth pressed close to the point i was working on, quickly used a fine razor to cut into and around the site, pulled away with tweezers, applied hydrogen peroxide, used a sterlized carpenter nail with heat applied to the head to burn the wound down make sure all the roots were killed off.

surprise! i have not lost any limbs, come down with leukimia, aids, tetanus , or death. and it was not messy. all of this goes on in the surface area smaller than a dime so whats so scary?? most people just simply cannot stand the sight of their own blood so it always sounds more gruesome to people than it is.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Then I've got 10 dead family members and friends..all "phantomly" diagnosed and autopsied with carcinomas of all kinds.

Stay in school....

MS
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECH
1st Responder
Advanced E.R. Life Support

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: lavatrance
a reply to: Ksihkehe

How do you know cancer is even real? Other than because a dr told you it was real.

that is an insult and a slap in the face to all of us who have lost love ones to cancer...my husband died from cancer...I would love to slap the crap out of you right now

edit on 23-12-2015 by research100 because: dang spelling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join