It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I find it incredible that, in the 21st century, we have to go out of our way to teach civilized behavior to other people.

They sound like savages.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Far as i can see any attempt to reeducate such scum is pretty much counter productive given the mere fact that anyone who possibly even entertains the notion that rape is ok or socially acceptable on any occasion probably thought or was taught such horrendous notions all there life. Hence will probably be beyond help.

Certainly the removal of any woman and children from such an environment and an attempt to reeducate those poor victims that rape is morally incomprehensible a good idea.

As to the vermin that actually profess the notion that rape is ok, return to sender would be my thinking on the matter, ether that or execute the bastards before they can perpetrate there evil amungst the good people of Norway.
edit on 22-12-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
If I am not wrong in their Hadiths the set of writings that help to understand the Quran, it tells the men of Islam that if a woman wears scanty clothes she is wanting you to rape her or that is is good to rape her.
This helps keep all women in a head to toe Burka if they don't want to be raped.

That's all well and good as long as they all stay in their own medieval countries

So you can't educate them because their laws are higher than any country and they submit to none but Islam.
You have to get rid of the Quran and Hadiths and that won't happen.

BUT they are in another country .... with different laws?

*Our house our rules*

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

It's even worse then in America. We are groomed, taught, and told rape is wrong from birth. We have laws on the books to punish rapists, yet 15-20% of all American women will still be raped at some point.

To me, growing up in a culture that frowns upon rape and yet has those kinds of numbers is more repugnant.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

"15-20% of all American women will still be raped at some point."

That figure is astounding, and if accurate, god help the people affected.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

It's even worse then in America. We are groomed, taught, and told rape is wrong from birth. We have laws on the books to punish rapists, yet 15-20% of all American women will still be raped at some point.

To me, growing up in a culture that frowns upon rape and yet has those kinds of numbers is more repugnant.

Well sorry but you haven't thought that through.

That is absolutely absurd.

People do bad things everywhere. Whether or not there is a law.

The law is a reflection that the majority of society knows its wrong and has forced a change in society.

Sorry but you just have empty disdain for the US if that's your argument.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That's cute! They have new animals, to be trained.
I'd have thought, they were "civilized" and "educated" enough, to not let the wolves into the sheep yard.

Apperently, not.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You know, if you do horrible things and you're raised in a culture to know they're wrong...that kind of makes it a bit worse.

We 1st world folks like to think we're so high and mighty because of our moral superiority and legal system, yet under the surface our statistics show we're sicker than ever.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
When I go to the Middle East does that stop me from drinking liqueur? Nope, I feel it is my right to do just as these men feel the same with what they view as common social norms legal or illegal.

Yes but I don't think your empty liqueur bottle is going to suffer in the same

way as a broken woman

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I wish I could remember where I read it yesterday. A "refugee" in one of the European countries flat out told a reporter that he is not a refugee seeking asylum. He is a Muslim among many others who have come to Europe to convert it to Islam. He said the goal for all of them is to turn Europe completely Islamic.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

We're only "sicker" because "they" believe, we have been trained, long enough to not stand for anything. Other than the carrot put in front of us.
You'll figure it out... If you haven't already.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

You know, if you do horrible things and you're raised in a culture to know they're wrong...that kind of makes it a bit worse.

We 1st world folks like to think we're so high and mighty because of our moral superiority and legal system, yet under the surface our statistics show we're sicker than ever.

Actually your wrong and have no sociological or anthropological wisdom in that statement crime and rape are down and people are trying to do more about it.

You will also find 75 percent of those criminals were not raised very well at all. Part of having free choice is you can do the wrong thing too.

I guess you should go live in Saudi Arabia if you truly can't see the difference.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

And think of how much higher those numbers would be if we encourage, or looked the other way regarding rape.

I am thankful we live in a society where women actually have a chance to face their perpetrators, and put them behind bars for many years.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Unfortunately, they are very much like us many regards. Some of them see themselves as superior to us, as some of us, see ourselves superior to them. We see their lifestyle as backwards, archaic and sinful. They see our modern lifestyle devoid of morals, and sinful.

The problem I see with the classes is that they are a waste of time and money. Most of those that need the classes will view them with contempt, arrogance and disdain. They have no desire, nor will they ever accept the laws of their host country over their own.

I have watched similar programs fail here in the US. You can force or make mandatory classes of any kind. No class, by itself, is going to change the mind or the heart, of someone that does not want to listen, and that does not believe.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Nobody "seeks asylum" to escape thier own ideology.
They're using, thier own people...
To create an "asylum".

It's not rocket science! The war was/ has been lost. Before it began.
The West is so "civilized" and "educated" we don't even know how to fight.

It's going to be a very long day.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Unfortunately, they are very much like us many regards. Some of them see themselves as superior to us, as some of us, see ourselves superior to them. We see their lifestyle as backwards, archaic and sinful. They see our modern lifestyle devoid of morals, and sinful.

The problem I see with the classes is that they are a waste of time and money. Most of those that need the classes will view them with contempt, arrogance and disdain. They have no desire, nor will they ever accept the laws of their host country over their own.

I have watched similar programs fail here in the US. You can force or make mandatory classes of any kind. No class, by itself, is going to change the mind or the heart, of someone that does not want to listen, and that does not believe.

The programs in the US must be working a little we are making improvements. We just did a good study (UT) and that will help direct how on campuses

Personally I think philosophy and ethics should be a class throughout all the school years. But I know they don't want that many thinkers out there.
edit on 22-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

We act like the USA is this bastion of awesomeness, yet 15-20% of all American women will be raped at least once in their lifetime. That's pretty shocking considering we'd like to think in America we know rape is wrong.

Your percentages seem weird...so maybe more propaganda than anything else. Lets look at the numbers...

There are about 300,000 cases of sexual assault in America every year with 68% that go unreported. This is not all just rape it is also attempted rape and fondling or unwanted sexual touching , so kind of a large spread of severity here. 4/5 is someone they know as a friend, lover, acquaintance and so maybe the severity is why many these days do not report.

But lets look at the numbers though. 300,000 cases per year divided by 150,000,000 women is a .002 chance each year, so we can say that in 70 years a woman has a 14% chance to be raped, attempted rape, unwanted fondling or sexual touching.

So how do you get the 15-20% will be raped? Are you sure you got the right part of the world there?

edit on 22-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Yes but I don't think your empty liqueur bottle is going to suffer in the same

way as a broken woman

My point is laws do not stop social norms that are set. When a person has a social norm that they see as right they will still do it where it is illegal just not out in the open.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: murphy22

It's going to be a very long day.

Why? Because someone has an opinion that differs from your own in semantics only?

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

The programs in the US must be working a little we are making improvements. We just did a good study (UT) and that will help direct how on campuses

You are quite right, and it does my heart good to hear you say that.

The programs are working because we are constantly changing and tweaking our programs to have greater meaning, and to reach out to a larger target audience.

Our programs for younger students and teens, warning of the dangers of cybersex crimes, was a waste. We changed our target audience to the parents. It was better, but still was not reaching the mark because parents didn't believe their children were vulnerable. You know, my kid would never open the door to a stranger, and would never give their address to someone they had never met, type disbelief.

We had to get down and dirty, and in their face, for them to wake up, and still it isn't enough. We just keep working with what works, and building on it. So I am pleased to see it is not all in vain.

Having said all that, many of our programs have failed. The most common reason a program fails is that the target audience does not believe what you are telling them, or they don't think the information they receive relates to them.

edit on 22-12-2015 by NightSkyeB4Dawn because: Spelling correction.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join