It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The musslim abdu Osman (as posted and quoted) has stated that it is apparently culturally acceptable to rape women and, by news accounts, children. So WHY is it bigoted to target this group if men? All women know rape is wrong and I think most civilized men know it is wrong...and yes, it does happen in every culture. BUT, not every culture accepts it as normal as it seems to be with these particular people. This mentality DOES NOT need to be fostered around the world when these people are integrated into other societies. So, yes...I see damage control in the making with educating these men that rape is wrong and will not be accepted or tolerated.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

No. Beacause it will be.
Really? Did you not read the OP'S "title"?
Common knowledge needs to be "taught"? "Intructed"? ..really?
"Semantics" seem to be your failing. Not mine.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
a reply to: 123143

No. Beacause it will be.
Really? Did you not read the OP'S "title"?
Common knowledge needs to be "taught"? "Intructed"? ..really?
"Semantics" seem to be your failing. Not mine.

Well to be fair 100 years ago the west was also a mess regarding the subjugation of woman.
I think the emphasis should be on supporting a reaffirmation process of Islam. It worked with Christianity. Albeit slowly over hundreds of years.

You can't ignore the problem but there should be a little hope the situation could change.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

Well to be fair 100 years ago the west was also a mess regarding the subjugation of woman.
I think the emphasis should be on supporting a reaffirmation process of Islam. It worked with Christianity. Albeit slowly over hundreds of years.

You can't ignore the problem but there should be a little hope the situation could change.

A reaffirmation process of Islam?

Now how ever would that be possible, even over hundreds of years? ...

When your religious 'aim' is to convert the rest of the world to what you

consider to be the *only* religion.

As many Christian/western religions have progressed beyond the

subjugation of women to where they can even hold positions and preach

in the church (not just cleaning flower arranging and menial tasks)

I may consider it possible .... WHEN and if there is ever a female Imam.
edit on 22-12-2015 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier
Are you saying there should be a reformation of Islam?

You mean like these heretics?

Reform Muslims, like their more orthodox peers, believe in the basic tenets of Islam, such as the Six Elements of Belief and the Five Pillars and they consider their views to be fully compatible with Islam. Their main differences with more conservative Islamic opinion are twofold. The first lies in differences of interpretation of how to apply the core Islamic values to modern life,[10] the second a more reactionary dialectic which criticizes traditional narratives or even rejects them, thus denying any obligation to follow them while also allowing greater freedom in interpreting Quran regardless of the hadith.

Just the suggestion is enough to get you to lose your head.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Are you saying there should be a reformation of Islam?

You mean like these heretics?

Reform Muslims, like their more orthodox peers, believe in the basic tenets of Islam, such as the Six Elements of Belief and the Five Pillars and they consider their views to be fully compatible with Islam. Their main differences with more conservative Islamic opinion are twofold. The first lies in differences of interpretation of how to apply the core Islamic values to modern life,[10] the second a more reactionary dialectic which criticizes traditional narratives or even rejects them, thus denying any obligation to follow them while also allowing greater freedom in interpreting Quran regardless of the hadith.

Just the suggestion is enough to get you to lose your head.

Yet its happening in Indonesia. Remember the Catholic church did the same.

But yes its terrible, I think the fact we have doled billions to governments that have this ideology poses a threat to that process. You would think we would say you can have f-16 and money if you.....

First step is to actually pressure the states we have relations with in a serious way if they want our stuff.

Indonesian president, Abdurrahman Wahid, singing a Javanese mystical poem: “Many who memorize the Quran and Hadith love to condemn others as infidels while ignoring their own infidelity to God, their hearts and minds still mired in filth.” talking about ISIS

mobile.nytimes.com...

Let's not forget how bad the holy Roman empire was to science and society. Now they have one of the most compassionate Christian leaders in the world.

It takes very brave people and some power skisms to bring about change. People will get their heads cut off. It beats living in chains though.

edit on 22-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

But yes its terrible, I think the fact we have doled billions to governments that have this ideology poses a threat to that process. You would think we would say you can have f-16 and money if you.....

First step is to actually pressure the states we have relations with in a serious way if they want our stuff.

Are you forgetting? Al-taqiyya

Where Muslims are permitted to lie when it is in their own interest ....

muslimfact.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Thank you so much for this thread..the testimony in the opening post causes one to understand with greater clarity what the actual problem is; it is as stated by the person quoted: if there is a lady that I want I just go after her..

I do not want to compare human beings to the animal kingdom, but I can't help to look at the example of our pets and their behavior and attitude towards sexual hunger and sexual incitation; I happen to have a dog and my dog is a boy dog, not neutered-- His attitude is identical..If he see a female dog that he wants he will make every effort to go after her- if the female dog has more power, he wins nothing. Fortunately owners are always there to stop inappropriate behavior.

It's so sad to think that men of age, everywhere in the world, irrespective of faith, behave the same damn way.
Just foul.

I

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

That is until someone gets caught in their own lie.

All religion is a farce as far as i'm concerned.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Are you forgetting? Al-taqiyya

Where Muslims are permitted to lie when it is in their own interest ....

muslimfact.com...

Not sure the relevance. Ate you saying the president is lying even though he is putting legislation in place to help equality?

There are several Indonesian moderate leaders. They have had a president who is a woman. It's far from perfect with extremism but at least the government has made legislation to help make a difference.

Widodo is a moderate his wife doesn't wear a veil everywhere she goes. He has been very vocal to clerics about ISIS and is trying to reform religious tolerance laws.

edit on 22-12-2015 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

Seriously, rape happens all the time within society, by people of every race and belief structure, its also very rarely reported!

The world is a cesspool and most homo sapiens are just a bunch of narcissistic primitive savages, in general.

But if it makes you feel more comfortable in that isolated little box your living in, then just keep blaming Muslims for all the sick messed up things that go on within society.

So, just shut up until the whole world get Rape under control?

There is always one piece of straw that finally breaks the camels back. Sorry if Muslim style rape is that last piece. Something will be.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

New defense!

Just wear a Burka and you can argue that it wasn't you!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yeah crazy.. The world is getting nuttier and nuttier i hope the train stops soon.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: Butterfinger

Yeah crazy.. The world is getting nuttier and nuttier i hope the train stops soon.

The world is getting nuttier? As opposed to when woman couldn't vote in the US? Or have bank accounts. How about slavery and segregation. The Catholic church? Nazi Germany, the ottoman empire?

No we are evolving and some people are refusing to. It makes it seem nuttier because you are free to think and have access to info. At the same time we are rushing to destroy ourselves we are also socially evolving. Then we go back a step then forward one and a half.
We are more free to think for ourselves but many give that up for shallow consumerism.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

lol, you call our world evolved do you? Maybe in some aspects but definately not in others. Yes it did appear things were getting better and better, women could vote, human rights etc etc etc. Now it's seems to be creeping backwards yet again. The UN head of council is Saudi Arabia, a country known for it's abuse of human rights, and i might add an ally to the west, is that what you'd call going forward and evolving?
edit on 12/22/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Don't say your culture is better then another's

That's a Xenophobic attitude.

Judging another's culture, must be a Ttump supporter

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Not sure the relevance. Ate you saying the president is lying even though he is putting legislation in place to help equality?

There are several Indonesian moderate leaders. They have had a president who is a woman. It's far from perfect with extremism but at least the government has made legislation to help make a difference.

Widodo is a moderate his wife doesn't wear a veil everywhere she goes. He has been very vocal to clerics about ISIS and is trying to reform religious tolerance laws.

I made a generalisation of what the Muslim is allowed to do within being

Muslim.

Al-taqiyya the Islamic word for deception ... for concealing or

disguising ones beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions and strategies,

and used to achieve any result desired.

Muslims lie when it is in their interest to do so ... and Allah will not hold

them accountable for lying when it is beneficial to the cause of Islam. It is

approved, even applauded in the Koran.

# They are permitted to lie to save their lives

# To reconcile husband and wife

# To persuade a woman into bed ....LOL!! why rape???

# Even permitted to disavow Islam (if its not a genuine heart felt

rejection) It is not a lie if it benefits Islam!!!

muslimfact.com...

So its 'even Stevens' to know just who is lying. Just have to be sure it

benefits Islam.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: AdAstra

me: actually a rape victim

the rapist was an Aussie citizen and i couldnt go to cops because my visa doesn't alow any court disputes or at least you can expect a massive delay on top dude was circling my appartment with machete for a month yet I am not afraid of Aussie man or Muslim man plus I am still standing here defending Muslim religion why? because this is not good enough of an argument

the OP asks why are Muslims not outraged by Muslims rapists that is completely pointless question .. Some are some are not .. we are all outraged anyone normal will be outraged ..
next there is a massive difference between a refugee and a migrant.. with threads like this it is extremely important we all distinguish the two

my only point is that this religious blame bs has to stop reason why it doesn't work it's because you will always have people defending their religion it's not how you go on about it any smart person knows that .. hence in western culture no one gives a # what religion you are if you rape someone .. why not lable the rapist by country of origin

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Don't say your culture is better then another's

That's a Xenophobic attitude.

Judging another's culture, must be a Ttump supporter

Don't say one culture is better than another? You mean have an opinion? There is a way to view culture anthropologically from the etic and emic perspective. You can look from the inside and outside perspective and have a sense of the cultures actual existence.

Sorry but I think we are evolving when we don't feel the need to keep people down just because of a skin color or religion. However if that religion is socially destructive I reserve my right to discriminate parts of the culture. Like whipping women for not being accompanied by a male.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10

lol, you call our world evolved do you? Maybe in some aspects but definately not in others. Yes it did appear things were getting better and better, women could vote, human rights etc etc etc. Now it's seems to be creeping backwards yet again. The UN head of council is Saudi Arabia, a country known for it's abuse of human rights, and i might add an ally to the west, is that what you'd call going forward and evolving?

Maybe you should read my post history on this thread. I am well aware of our problems. And we are not evolved we are evolving. Sometimes periods of devolution happen as well. I would dare you to find a better time in history however. The world and nature has always been tough. Sometimes we think we are above it all but we are still part of the creation and destruction of life that goes on all across the universe. My poiny is it was even worse in the past.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join