It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Norway now offering formal instruction to refugees that rape is wrong

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Don't say your culture is better then another's

That's a Xenophobic attitude.

Judging another's culture, must be a Ttump supporter

Judging another person.

Makes you a prejudice fool.

Obviously, a Clinton supporter.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
a reply to: shooterbrody

I can't wait for... "but it's you who don't understand them, you need to make more of an effort."

or... "Christains rape people without hesitation all the time"

This is a culture that is 600 years behind.

You 'can't wait' for that? It seems you want to hear something like that in order to start an fight. That is not how this works.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

No, Sweden is the rape capitol of the west because the Muslim immigrants are raping Swedish women. Your statistic gathering explanation aside, Muslims rape women, it's just what they do.

Actually, if you look at rape stats in general, by ethnicity, white women are always getting raped by dark skinned people, relatively speaking. As opposed to the other way around. White men tend to rape colored women at a minuscule rate. So, based on these numbers, if you are a white guy that supports non white immigration into your country. You are supporting the raping of women.

NO.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: thinline
Don't say your culture is better then another's

That's a Xenophobic attitude.

Judging another's culture, must be a Ttump supporter

Western culture is better than other cultures. That's why millions of refugees are trying to move to western countries. If western culture was not, in fact, better than other cultures, refugees wouldn't all be literally killing themselves to get to the west.

Do you see people killing themselves, and sacrificing the lives of their children, to get to sub Saharan Africa?

Judging stuff is what humans do, using your critical thinking skills. Syria seems like a bad place to visit right now. See?. Critical thinking. DO YOU GET IT?

Oh yeah, and Trump has a lot of supporters, millions. Are you saying they're all stupid? For a guy that calls other people xenophobic, you sure do have a discriminatory attitude.
edit on 22-12-2015 by hammanderr because: Wording

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
People forget their own countries history.

I am almost 70, and I can tell you before the Women's Rights movement 60s/70s - - - women were blamed for enticing men, it was almost impossible for a woman to prove rape unless she looked and acted like a nun. And that was no guarantee.

Spousal rape was legal in America up to 1975. That's only 40 years ago.

Rape—any nonconsensual sexual intercourse— between non-spouses has always been illegal. However, until 1975, every state had a “marital exemption” that allowed a husband to rape his wife without fear of legal consequences.

By 1993, largely in response to the women’s rights and equality movement, every state and the District of Columbia had passed laws against marital rape. However, it is often still more difficult for a spouse-victim to prove that she didn’t consent to her husband than it would be to prove non-consent with a stranger. www.criminaldefenselawyer.com...

Rape kits untested in Kentucky, destroyed in North Carolina: this is America

www.cnn.com...

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: luthier

Not sure the relevance. Ate you saying the president is lying even though he is putting legislation in place to help equality?

There are several Indonesian moderate leaders. They have had a president who is a woman. It's far from perfect with extremism but at least the government has made legislation to help make a difference.

Widodo is a moderate his wife doesn't wear a veil everywhere she goes. He has been very vocal to clerics about ISIS and is trying to reform religious tolerance laws.

I made a generalisation of what the Muslim is allowed to do within being

Muslim.

Al-taqiyya the Islamic word for deception ... for concealing or

disguising ones beliefs, convictions, ideas, feelings, opinions and strategies,

and used to achieve any result desired.

Muslims lie when it is in their interest to do so ... and Allah will not hold

them accountable for lying when it is beneficial to the cause of Islam. It is

approved, even applauded in the Koran.

# They are permitted to lie to save their lives

# To reconcile husband and wife

# To persuade a woman into bed ....LOL!! why rape???

# Even permitted to disavow Islam (if its not a genuine heart felt

rejection) It is not a lie if it benefits Islam!!!

muslimfact.com...

So its 'even Stevens' to know just who is lying. Just have to be sure it

benefits Islam.

Winston Churchill thought so too!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody
I know there are Muslims on this site. I know not all Muslims behave like this. What can you say to make me understand any of this? I was hoping this was a localized radicalized problem but that does not appear to be the case. Rape is the ultimate hate crime. How are all Muslims not outraged by this? How are you not taking action to make this behavior stop? This is not brought on by outside forces overthrowing tyrants or establishing puppet regimes.

Different nations and cultures have different laws. We are just as strange and backwards to them as they are to us. Having them immigrate to our nations involves a bit of cultural understanding. If they want to live in our borders they should abide by our laws, but it's not fair to them for us to not make an honest attempt at educating them on our culture and laws.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Shuye

Rape cases in Sweden have increased 1400% in over 20 years.

Sweden is now the rape capital of the West.

Please explain that.

Even Wikipedia knows why,

"Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][10][14] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[15][16] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[10][13][17] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[10][16][18][19]"

Who would have guessed that countries that promote equality and treat sexual crimes seriously will have higher recorded rape stats? (other than anyone who has a remote understanding of statistics that is)

edit on 22-12-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Very true my friend

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan
People need the cut these desperate refugees some slack, right? We must be patient with them as they learn the strange nuances of Western culture. I mean when you step back and look at things, it does seem kinda backward that we consider murder and rape to be taboo.

/sarc

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit

originally posted by: ScepticScot

originally posted by: Shuye

Rape cases in Sweden have increased 1400% in over 20 years.

Sweden is now the rape capital of the West.

Please explain that.

WOW JUST WOW. This Video kinda shocked me and straight from a Swede himself. Amazing they haven't stood up and had a war over the garbage coming from their own Gov't. It's more than just sad, it's EVIL.
Even Wikipedia knows why,

"Sweden reformed its sex crime legislation and made the legal definition of rape much wider in 2005,[3][4][10][14] which largely explains a significant increase in the number of reported rapes in the ten-year period of 2004-2013.[15][16] The Swedish police also record each instance of sexual violence in every case separately, leading to an inflated number of cases compared to other countries.[10][13][17] Additionally, the Swedish police have improved the handling of rape cases, in an effort to increase the number of crimes reported.[10][16][18][19]"

Who would have guessed that countries that promote equality and treat sexual crimes seriously will have higher recorded rape stats? (other than anyone who has a remote understanding of statistics that is)

Wow Just Wow, I can't believe this Garbage Swedes are being shoveled daily by Gov't has gone this far, Disgusting!
edit on 12/22/2015 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
People need the cut these desperate refugees some slack, right? We must be patient with them as they learn the strange nuances of Western culture. I mean when you step back and look at things, it does seem kinda backward that we consider murder and rape to be taboo.

/sarc

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes. These are refugees, it's wrong to turn them away, so we need to give them a fair shake and part of that involves educating them on the differences between our law and theirs.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Thousands of humans attend nude beaches yearly where I live, yet no reported cases of rape.
Hmmm... Sounds like Norway has to educate an entire culture of sexually uneducated retards, until you looks at:
*ahem* Americans
*aherm* Japanese
If it's taboo to expose any of your body to the open air, lest some member of the opposite sex tries to mount you - you're probably surrounded by idiots and should carry a taser. Or run and live in the mountains like me.
edit on 22-12-2015 by DeepSpaceDrawn because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist

/sarc

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes. These are refugees, it's wrong to turn them away, so we need to give them a fair shake and part of that involves educating them on the differences between our law and theirs.

I'm still under the belief that they just need a little 'culture shock' when they get here. Remind the fellas to be dapper gentlemen, and then throw them into an American strip joint...oh wait...

I think the the overarching problem is our attitude towards sex in general, which is currently generally stupid. I still say clothes are just for keepin' warm and keeping the sun from turning me in to a leathery handbag - That's #ing it.
But noooooo, as Americants we still place monetary value on physical (breedable) appearances. Strip Joints are the best example.
I still stand by the 'culture shock' method: Make them walk through a strip club until they're broke. They'll never want to see a pretty lady ever again!!!

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If you are 'stunned' that there are people who don't know that rape is wrong, then you're a moron.
Sorry to be so blunt but with all that's going on in the world today, if you are blind to the fact that the quran itself says rape is perfectly ok, then you're part of the problem.

Yes, I'm a well versed student of religious studies and yes, the quran DOES condone rape, and sexual enslavement, and pedophilia. You wanna go find the exact verses, go ahead. I've got better things to do than that right now but I assure you, I am 100% correct on these points.

Sex with a 9 year old is permitted - if she's your wife.
rape of infidels is permitted, with no restrictions whatsoever
sexual enslavement of infidels is permitted, in fact it's encouraged, with no restrictions whatsoever.

This is NOT right wing propaganda or anti-muslim sentiment. This is just simply stating FACTS. Actually, if you contest that the quran does NOT say this, then YOU are anti-muslim for challenging the words of the prophet.

So sad that this is the accepted way and even sadder that the gutless left-wing of the west either turns a blind eye, condones this behavior or refuses to believe it altogether.

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 09:36 PM
link   
All men have this urge to have sex with really beautiful women, but the difference between these impulsive rapers and men like myself....is that I, and many men from the west, have evolved over time.
edit on 22-12-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Seems like anytime someone wants to post a thread about current events, many want to instead discuss American History.
We have a forum for that now.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Rape is legal in many countries. If a woman is not protected by a man she is no ones property and is free game. Period. Sad but true. Women are still viewed as property and have no rights. These classes should be mandatory for anyone coming from any third world counrty as well as classes on the laws of that country and consequences if laws are broken.

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
If you are 'stunned' that there are people who don't know that rape is wrong, then you're a moron.
Sorry to be so blunt but with all that's going on in the world today, if you are blind to the fact that the quran itself says rape is perfectly ok, then you're part of the problem.

Yes, I'm a well versed student of religious studies and yes, the quran DOES condone rape, and sexual enslavement, and pedophilia. You wanna go find the exact verses, go ahead. I've got better things to do than that right now but I assure you, I am 100% correct on these points.

Sex with a 9 year old is permitted - if she's your wife.
rape of infidels is permitted, with no restrictions whatsoever
sexual enslavement of infidels is permitted, in fact it's encouraged, with no restrictions whatsoever.

This is NOT right wing propaganda or anti-muslim sentiment. This is just simply stating FACTS. Actually, if you contest that the quran does NOT say this, then YOU are anti-muslim for challenging the words of the prophet.

So sad that this is the accepted way and even sadder that the gutless left-wing of the west either turns a blind eye, condones this behavior or refuses to believe it altogether.

Ofcourse you are !
I know many members of ats who are,exactly like yourself, students of religious studies. Funny coincidence that they all chose Islam as their expertise,just like yourself ! I just dont know why you waste your time in school because everything you told us can be found on s"cientific" blogs such as answeringislam,thereligionofpeace and jihadwatch.
edit on 23-12-2015 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: texasyeti
Rape is legal in many countries.

What countries? What country specifically legally allows rape?

Anyway, if this thread was about how women are treated in some 3rd world countries, then you wouldn't have heard an argument from me. I probably would have just starred a few comments and maybe flagged the OP.

But this thread was about the claim that Scandinavian women are at extreme risk of being raped, simply because of Islamic immigration, which I call BS on.

What is the logic behind it only being Scandinavian countries where rape stats are 'apparently' abnormally rising? Not trying to sound obnoxious here, but all other western countries have plenty of beautiful blonde women who like to dress in tight tops and short skirts.

Obviously any intelligent person could clearly see if its only Scandinavia where rape statistics have become so ridiculously high, then it has to do with how the statistics are recorded, rather than ME men not being able to control themselves around 'Scandinavian' females, specifically.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join