It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 3 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by emile
1#

This is the Yak-1000, in which, probably uniquely for Russia, the designation indicates the planes expected speed (1,000mph). Unfortunately it never even flew.

2#

The picture shows the prototype of the Sud Ouest SO-4000, a twin jet bomber of 1951 vintage. It does look very much like an Arsenal design aerodynamically but it is quite a lot bigger.

3#

This pic actually shows the small scale development plane for the bomber pictured above. It was called the Sud Ouest M.2, the preceding M.1 was a glider version.

I am going to have to put a bit of effort into the others so I will return, unless someone beats me to them.

[edit on 3-4-2005 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The helicopter is an Agusta A105, as I suspected but the Russian delta is giving me a bit more trouble, I'm pretty sure that its a version or derivative of the Su-9 Fishpot but I can't confirm it, maybe someone else knows better?

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
ha ha Waynos you asif my aircraft dictionary. I don't know why you looks don't were interested in planes before WW2, though it is a single-wings?
I'll hope to see more old planes and helicopters by you post, no matter whether I could give an answer, if not, give some clues to me. See you soon.

[edit on 5-4-2005 by emile]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I am interested in planes before WW2, very much so, but I am more easily able to identify stuff built after the late '30's.

I could identify quite a lot of pre1939 types but there are probably many many more that I can't.

Here's some more quiz pics if anyones still looking;

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I´m still looking, but this is getting too hard!!

2. FFA P-16
3. TF-86 (The trainer version of the Sabre)
4. Dassault Super Mystere...?
5. Douglas B-66 Destroyer

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Peronemlin]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peronemlin
I´m still looking, but this is getting too hard!!…… but the rest of it you got is easier

Now the first one is Potez 75, that mystere I agree with you. Let's see what would Waynos say

By the way, Waynos! could you post me some photo of Agusta A. 105? I couldn't find more from internet, only the one I showed you already. You may post it to my E-mail [email protected]. thanks again.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by emile]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:29 PM
link   
emile got the Potez right and peronemlin cleared up the rest, too hard huh?

I too have failed to turn up any pics of the A105 on the net, sorry about that. I get my aircraft ID skills from a rather large library of Aviation books I have built up over the years rather than google, I could probably do with an old fashioned hand held scanner, I could show you some great stuff if I did have one.

Emile, you would laugh at the old books I have that show the "MiG 23 Fishbed", "MiG 23 Flipper", "MiG 23 Foxbat" etc not to mention the "Ilyushin Bison" etc. There were some very peculiar assumptions made in the past!

[edit on 6-4-2005 by waynos]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Waynos,

That last test was way too easy!!!!

Not your usual standard.

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by BillHicksRules
Waynos,

That last test was way too easy!!!!

Not your usual standard.

Cheers

Ha ha ha ha Is the picture you posted too hard to guess or too easy to attract ones guessing? I don't know, but I know that Waynos devisedly post easy pics just for me not for you. You should join the next times, no, this times.
By the way, Wayns, today I got this one which I had showed it to you is Sukhoi T-3 by a fortuitous chance in the library.

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:54 AM
link   
emile, I am feeling quite proud that, if you look back, I correctly identified it as a Sukhoi even though I have never seen it before in my life! All I need now is confirmation that the one I think is a MiG is correct and I can consider myself a genius

BHR - How many planes do you thuink there are in the world?
I have to keep things ticking over somehow. If they were so easy where were your answers?

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Waynos/Emile,

I take it they do not get sarcasm round your way much????

Cheers

BHR

[edit on 7-4-2005 by BillHicksRules]

posted on Apr, 7 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Oops, yes we do but I didn't get it because I thought those pics WERE easy. Never mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Waynos,

No probs mate.

The sarcasm was not in the "too easy statement" but in my complaining at all.

You do a great job and I for one love this thread.

Keep it up

Cheers

BHR

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Now, may I post some very difficult pics of aeroplane. I am waiting to see who will give the answer before great Waynos.

[edit on 8-4-2005 by emile]

posted on Apr, 8 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Don't worry about me emile, I haven't got a clue what the top pic is! Do my eyes decieve me or is it a twin boom pusher prop type? Its clearly a pre-prototype engineering mock up of something (ie all the wooden props holding it together) but it looks just the sort of 'might have been' design that I love to learn about.

posted on Apr, 9 2005 @ 06:22 AM
link   
add again, I really don't know, but who could find an answer befroe me?
last time the second is БИ Истребитель-перехватчик
You can find it from www.airwar.ru...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   
look at these:are these too difficult?

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The BEA Trident, by the way was a HS Trident 1B.

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Five more:

posted on Apr, 12 2005 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You might wish to rub out the name on the nose of no.1

I'm, curious about your number 2. Would that be the Mystere III as although I have read of its existance I've never seen one and it looks like it could well be an all weather variant of the Mystere II.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42  43  44 >>

join