It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aircraft picture quiz

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 01:37 AM
link   
The Concorde 002 is kept at the Fleet Air Arm museum in Yeovilton, and you can walk through the entire aircraft - the tail steps are down, and you get to walk through right up to the cockpit.

One of the things i like about the FAM is all the modern day aircraft have no barriers around them, you can wander under the concorde, touch the engines, run your hand across the underneath of the wing (if you are tall enough).

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Thanks a lot for your help, Watnos, I have got the last one which is Lockspeiser LDA-1 I posted. The middle one B.A.C.221 is in the Fleet air arm museum.

Bay the way, Waynos, would you post some web that's introducing the Supermarine 559 and providing download that picture to me, please?

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I don't know3 of any website it is featured on but you could find details of it in the books I have mentioned and also the Putnam book 'Supermarine Aircraft Since 1912' by E B Morgan.

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Did anyone ever get the the name of that Autogyro a few pages back, I poured through all my books and could not find anything like it......

Anyone???

posted on Mar, 29 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
It was a Kamov A-7 but peronemlin had to tell us 'cos we were rubbish

There's still a couple of pics in my last set to guess. I will reveal them tomorrow if nobody gets them.

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Here are the unguessed answers;
Ikarus Type 214

Nord Gerfaut II

Now for a new set;

[

[edit on 30-3-2005 by waynos]

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   
#1. Bristol Brabazon
#3. Lockheed XFV-1
#4. Short Seamew

posted on Mar, 30 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
No. 2 Avro canadian CF-100, …… hmmm only this one

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Hi Waynos! what's this?

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   
#5 Boulton Paul P111

IS anyone getting a message about items being too short to post?

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   
More...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:05 AM
link   
1 Curtiss XP-55 "Ascender"
2 Dasault Mirage III-V "3 Vee"
3 Robinson R-22
4. Short SC.1

[edit on 1-4-2005 by spursfan]

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   
hello Pero you only give me one that is the most difficult

I take defeat! I post one you may recog. it

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Hi, sorry I've been away for a bit. All the answers to my quiz were guessed correctly.

Emile, that first picture you posted for me was the experimental Antonov An-2F intended for Artillery observation

Out of peronemilins quiz I think the ones that have not been guessed are the Dassault Balzac 01 (looks like a Mirage), and the Sud Aviation SE-116 Voltigeur.

The last pic, posted by emile, shows the French Arsenal Delanne 10 C2 after its capture by the Germans

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by spursfan
1 Curtiss XP-55 "Ascender"
2 Dasault Mirage III-V "3 Vee"
3 Robinson R-22
4. Short SC.1

1, 3 and 4 correct. 2 is wrong.

Originally posted by emile
hello Pero you only give me one that is the most difficult

I take defeat! I post one you may recog. it

I must say I have no idea...

posted on Apr, 1 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Out of peronemilins quiz I think the ones that have not been guessed are the Dassault Balzac 01 (looks like a Mirage), and the Sud Aviation SE-116 Voltigeur.

Both correct...

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
WHO KNOW THERE IS A FIGHTER CALLED "PIRANHA" BY SWITZERLAND AND AMERICA. WOULD YOU POST SOME PHOTOS OF IT TO ME?

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Since today I will post 5 photos everyday to continue 3 days. I wish everyone here could tell me what photo showed really is? But I have to state first of all, I dont want to quiz you, I dont know what is it too. Just ask some great person here.

1#

2#

3#

4#

5#

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Emile, one or two of those planes have been featured in the quiz already but to save you searching I'll tell you the names, if I can remember myself, lol;

Pic 1, I don't actually know but I sure would like to find out, just using guesswork allied to what I do know I would estimate that this is a prototype all weather two seater akin to the MiG 15 and MiG 17, jhopefully when my copy of Soviet Secret Projects - Fighters arrives the answer will be inside, if it is I will share it with you

pic 2 is the 1949 Sud Oest SO.6020 Narval, intended as a French naval fighter.

Pic 3 This is a real enigma to me and I wondered at first if it was a fake. Not because it looks fake or anything but because it shows the 1949 Sukhoi Su-17 which was to have been the worlds first supersonic fighter, a year before the design of the F-100 Super Sabre had even begun. However history records that the unfinished prototype was broken up before it could be flown after Stalin got the huff with Pavel Sukhoi and disbanded his OKB and destroyed everything connected to it. I am amazed to see this photograph!

pic 4, like pic 2 it is again a 1949 French naval fighter prototype but this one is the Nord 2200.

pic 5, This is the 1956 Sud Est Durandal, the rival of the Mirage for the French Air Force interceptor requirement.

posted on Apr, 2 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thank you so much Waynos, I am not a lazy man, just too many previous pics which could not be opened to see it in this BBS. I guess that were already taked away maybe. So please pardon.
1#

2#

this one is very similar with Arsonal VG90. but it looks delta airfoi and two undercarriagesl
I am sure VG 90 not has two undercarriages
3#

4#

this one is very similar with MiG-? but it looks like a delta airfoil too, so I was confusing too.
5#

Now today photos showed that is last five, to other fives I have got the answer.
I has been thinking why there is few photos show copters or may be not. Could you add it more? And soviet ex. fighter also is few. Esp. that two engines with air-intakes at head always confuse me. There are too manys which was very similar.

[edit on 2-4-2005 by emile]

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join