It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI alerted about group of men asking about Bagnell Dam

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Exactly

+6 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta
a reply to: SPECULUM

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

This is why the neighbor lady in San Bernadino didn't call authorities about suspicious activity. Instead of going with her gut, she ignored it as to not be labeled a bigot. If she would've reported the activity, the San Bernadino victims most likely would still be alive.

Label me a racist, bigot, etc all you want. If I see some suspicious people or activities, I'm reporting it.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: PsychoEmperor

It's PC nonsense like this that causes other people not to report incidents.

Except there is no "incident", just some people reporting about some "middle eastern" looking men, renting a boat.

Like when an email shuts down the city of LA, Chicken Little should go home, lock the doors and shut the curtains. There he can tremble in the dark all by himself, leaving everyone else to go about their daily lives.

"middle eastern" looking men, renting a boat.

To view a hydro=electric dam, which, to any intelligent person is considered a key piece of infrastructure and a valid target for sabotage during a time when a group of people have openly declared war on this country, and have been responsible for inspiring actual attacks. During a time before 9/11 I would agree with you, but, those days are gone.

ETA: The actions in this case are indeed suspicious. If this was during the summer, or a high tourist season, it would not stand out as odd. However, at this time of year, it is not standard behavior to go boating near a dam in this weather. Had they been students at university studying construction engineering or industrial electrical engineering, and explained that was the basis of their curiosity, it is more understandable. But for a bystander without that information, it is worthy of a mention to authorities to investigate, is it not?

edit on 12/17/2015 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: thesaneone
a reply to: Kapusta

What is so fear mongering about the story??

The mere mention of middle eastern men throws many into a state of fear. That's the way the msm has designed it.

Common sense right now dictates that if you live in an area where you don't see a lot of middle eastern men, and you see three or four asking around town about the damn, the power plant, the school, the "anything", if your spider senses don't tingle even a little, you're just plain stupid.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

This has nothing to do with religion.

But more to do with story's being put out by the MSM. to keep people in fear .

eks ago at the Golden Corral in Osage Beach. A deputy was eating lunch and the wait staff told him about the group of men. Staffers said the men were asking questions about the dam. They wanted to know if they could rent a boat and tour the dam.

The Camden County Sheriff’s Office tells Lake News that they received a tip about a group of “Middle Eastern” men asking about Bagnell Dam. The police department forwarded that report to the FBI and a joint task force on terrorism.

Their is so much more going on in this story .

Profiling , fearmongering , paranoia to name a few .

edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

Believe me, they are aware of the vulnerability of dams, bridges and tunnels. Except there hasn't been an attack on US soil in that regard since 2001, has there?

Not that I am aware of anyway. Theres your sign. A group of men aren't going to ask to rent a boat to "look at dams" if they intend to bump a boat load of dynamite into it and make it fail.

Personally I think they would tend to hide such a thing from the general public, train derailings, plane crashes, bridge collapses, power outages and such, all are accountable as accidents in the main stream, right? Not sleeper cell Jihadis, looking to wage war in America.

When that happens it will be much bigger than anyone can miss, just like 911, just like the Anthrax and Ebola scare, just like second suns.

Edit: It will just happen without any advance notice, instead of "credible threat" type advance warnings. Just like all other attacks against western interests, so far.
edit on 17-12-2015 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo
a reply to: queenofswords

The more I research Islam, the more pieces of the puzzle come together when trying to understand the Muslim mindset. It's a sin to call out other Muslim's sins. Or at least, frowned on. I've found various texts in the Qu'ran to support this. It's eerily similar to the code of conduct behind the police's blue wall.

What ? This is a complete lie!

Provide the evedience for this.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

To be fair we do need to be vigilant.

If the Oklahoma bombing taught us anything it taught us that not all terrorists are of middle eastern origin. White, black. Asian, martian...anyone who is marginalized, disenfranchised or indoctrinated will commit acts of terror if they are provoked.

But you are right-there is a level of fear mongering. The terrorist is the new serial killer-another reason to lock your door.

edit on 17-12-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

The mere mention of middle eastern men throws many into a state of fear. That's the way the msm has designed it. It's the precursor to generating hate before we go into war.

It's an established pattern. Remember Saddam and WMDs.

Looks more like it throws many into a state of outrage. You might be rummaging and pillaging other people's property on your thunder chariot sooner than you thought.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

To be fair we do need to be vigilant.

If the Oklahoma bombing taught us anything it taught us that not all terrorists are of middle eastern origin. White, black. Asian, martian...anyone who is marginalized, disenfranchised or indoctrinated will commit acts of terror if they are provoked.

But you are right-there is a level of fear mongering. The terrorist is the new serial killer-another reason to lock your door.

I fully agree with this.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

But for a bystander without that information, it is worthy of a mention to authorities to investigate, is it not?

Tourists are that stupid for one and two, real terrs aren't going to 'recon' such a hi value target as a dam in a large enough group and ask damn fool questions so as to get noticed…

you think?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

What is a real terrorist?

link   

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

It's PC nonsense like this that causes other people not to report incidents. Please stop trying to prevent valid news from going out because it might hurt your politically correct feelings.

Fox news is Valid ? Right...

Eat it up !
Fox had picked up the Story. I'm 35 minutes away and we heard it locally

link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

The mere mention of middle eastern men throws many into a state of fear. That's the way the msm has designed it. It's the precursor to generating hate before we go into war.

It's an established pattern. Remember Saddam and WMDs.

Looks more like it throws many into a state of outrage. You might be rummaging and pillaging other people's property on your thunder chariot sooner than you thought.

Not many just me apparently....

Am I the only who can see past the black and white and see this news piece for what it really is ?

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

a reply to: PsychoEmperor

It's PC nonsense like this that causes other people not to report incidents.

Except there is no "incident", just some people reporting about some "middle eastern" looking men, renting a boat.

Like when an email shuts down the city of LA, Chicken Little should go home, lock the doors and shut the curtains. There he can tremble in the dark all by himself, leaving everyone else to go about their daily lives.

"middle eastern" looking men, renting a boat.

To view a hydro=electric dam, which, to any intelligent person is considered a key piece of infrastructure and a valid target for sabotage during a time when a group of people have openly declared war on this country, and have been responsible for inspiring actual attacks. During a time before 9/11 I would agree with you, but, those days are gone.

ETA: The actions in this case are indeed suspicious. If this was during the summer, or a high tourist season, it would not stand out as odd. However, at this time of year, it is not standard behavior to go boating near a dam in this weather. Had they been students at university studying construction engineering or industrial electrical engineering, and explained that was the basis of their curiosity, it is more understandable. But for a bystander without that information, it is worthy of a mention to authorities to investigate, is it not?

All the negativity you see from the left about this story is exactly why the terrorists know they'll get away with such actions. I mean, if anyone that suspects you is going to be called a racist or islamophobe or told that they're just fear mongering, how great is your chance of succeeding?

link   
Imagine the 911 hijackers calling up the port authority on 9/10 and telling them the s*** is about to hit the fan…

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: PsychoEmperor

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

It's PC nonsense like this that causes other people not to report incidents. Please stop trying to prevent valid news from going out because it might hurt your politically correct feelings.

Fox news is Valid ? Right...

Eat it up !
Fox had picked up the Story. I'm 35 minutes away and we heard it locally

Did it spread like wildfire?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Imagine the 911 hijackers calling up the port authority on 9/10 and telling them the s*** is about to hit the fan…

Lmbo ! Right!

Glad you see what i see in this news piece .

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: intrptr

What is a real terrorist?

People planning to pay back the United states for attacking their homeland, killing their families, their heads of state and stealing their resources?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

This has nothing to do with religion.

But more to do with story's being put out by the MSM. to keep people in fear .

eks ago at the Golden Corral in Osage Beach. A deputy was eating lunch and the wait staff told him about the group of men. Staffers said the men were asking questions about the dam. They wanted to know if they could rent a boat and tour the dam.

The Camden County Sheriff’s Office tells Lake News that they received a tip about a group of “Middle Eastern” men asking about Bagnell Dam. The police department forwarded that report to the FBI and a joint task force on terrorism.

Their is so much more going on in this story .

Profiling , fearmongering , paranoia to name a few .

Fox2News.com isn't qualified as the main stream media. They're a local network.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join