It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI alerted about group of men asking about Bagnell Dam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

originally posted by: Trueman

a reply to: Trueman

When did i assume that?

You talk about fear mongering, means you believe those are scary news.

I'm not scared at all, maybe pi....off.

Better to be pissed off rather than pissed off.

Unless you have a wooden leg and it's on fire ?

It's "Better to be pissed off then pissed on"

Just saying.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

in the context that apratus was used - what else did you think it could be ???????????????????

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: UnBreakable

originally posted by: LSU0408

a reply to: Wide-Eyes

This has nothing to do with religion.

But more to do with story's being put out by the MSM. to keep people in fear .

eks ago at the Golden Corral in Osage Beach. A deputy was eating lunch and the wait staff told him about the group of men. Staffers said the men were asking questions about the dam. They wanted to know if they could rent a boat and tour the dam.

The Camden County Sheriff’s Office tells Lake News that they received a tip about a group of “Middle Eastern” men asking about Bagnell Dam. The police department forwarded that report to the FBI and a joint task force on terrorism.

Their is so much more going on in this story .

Profiling , fearmongering , paranoia to name a few .

Fox2News.com isn't qualified as the main stream media. They're a local network.

Please, They are part of the same Apratus who's strings are pulled by the same movers and shakers .

Invalid rebuttle.

What's an Apratus? I guess it's hard to spell when you have your head buried in the sand.

More like Auto correct . I am on my cell phone.

No need for grammar Nazi

But let me correct my self

APPARATUS

Better?

Grammar Nazi? I was supposed to get apparatus from Apratus?

Who said you were supposed to get anything ?

This thread isint about me and "apartus" is it ?

Anything to add to the topic ?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SPECULUM

I was on your thread, about the initial "break" of this story several days ago, and just saw the link (to the local news story) on the Drudge Report. This story now has legs.

I'll repeat what my initial thoughts were...it's a huge lake/dam structure in a rural area with a small local police department. Even with the assistance of MO State Police, the manpower to patrol such a vital peice of infrastructure is lacking.

IT IS NOT FEAR MONGERING to alert the local residence, via the media, to be on the look out. If you see something--say something. I believe that those who want to harm us count upon our PC culture as an asset to their plans. Having local (no doubt well armed) residents keeping alert is an invaluable asset.

Remember there TWO people in the San Bernadino who saw something and let their judgment/senses be clouded by PC (the water truck worker who saw the comings and goings mid day, and the neighbor who saw the late night, repeatativr garage visits by groups of young ME men.)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

originally posted by: Trueman

a reply to: Trueman

When did i assume that?

You talk about fear mongering, means you believe those are scary news.

I'm not scared at all, maybe pi....off.

Better to be pissed off rather than pissed off.

Unless you have a wooden leg and it's on fire ?

It's "Better to be pissed off then pissed on"

Just saying.

Exactly my thoughts

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

One of the hottest topics is the Confederate Flag. Our local news agency did an entire story on its heritage. There were protests outside of the Caddo Parish Courthouse because a Confederate Flag was still waving there. What sparked the protests was after a newly retired white Fire Chief named Joe Prock was bound, beat, and burned alive by a black burglar named Felton Dorsey. Prock had gone to visit his mother in Shreveport just after his retirement, and he walked in on his mother being robbed at gun point. Prock was pistol whipped repeatedly until unconscious, then tied up in a corner of his own mother's house while she was forced to watch, then he was doused with lighter fluid and set on fire. His mother was then pistol whipped and knocked unconscious. The brother was the first on the scene as the Shreveport Fire Dept was called, he found his brother burned to a crisp. The mother was still alive. Anyways, Dorsey was sentenced to death. A few years ago, the local NAACP said that one black juror was too intimidated by the Confederate Flag to walk past it, which is why he never made it to jury duty for this trial. Long story short, Dorsey was retried, let off of death row, and is awaiting a new trial which could release him from jail. All because a flag was intimidating one of the jurors during this trial.

The murder was in 2006. The retrial was in 2011.

Did you ever hear about that story?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Can't see how this thread is fear mongering . the bagnell dam is a huge infrastructure if destroyed would be a major catastrophe. The fact that middle eastern men were asking where to rent a boat to view it should be a major red flag ! . The screwed up thing is why are middle eastern men in Missouri at all terrorist or not??? It appears our open door bleeding heart love everybody society is going to bite us in the a** . middle eastern people should stay in the middle east not the Midwest of america. Pretty simple. We have enough people, close the borders this is not hate mongering I have no phobia, good people exist that are Muslims but it's just common sense that if Muslim jihadis from the middle east are waging a war against our way of life something ought to be done about it. Duh. Ship em out or make some Muslim middle eastern reservations on unwanted ground like what happened to the native americans if they want to live here. Close the borders, stop international travel completely, America has anything a person could possibly want why do we need international travelers or foreign imports? ? Not condoning the treatment the natives endured but in Light of the current events of the world would any American get on a plane with middle eastern men if there weren't security protocals, .metal detectors, scanners, or bomb sniffing dogs at airports? ? ? Wouldn't feel too safe...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My brother down the street runs with a few of those guys. It's ok.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GlindaYes this was more of a follow up story on the Cell phone and Propane tanks..Seems as if Someone just keeps pushing buttons.. and Yes, Round here, People See something, Say something, and also Shoot Something

I actually believe the Target is somewhere else, and these little occurrences are a diversion for something Massive....I'm think Chicago?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

Now I have . unfortunately.. Could have went without reading that.

I see where you are going with this.

But I am solid in my position that being a fox affiliate means you follow fox guidlines. And if somthing comes down the pipe that needs to be fed to the masses ..well then it will be . it's a different ball game with big story's.
edit on 06/17/2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: yitco

What does a middle eastern man look like ?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Those things happen anyway, when you least expect it. As for frequency, I'd be more concerned about getting in a wreck or work related injury, sickness in the family, that kind of thing.

My mom had a stroke earlier this year. Thats why they call them strokes, out of the blue, a stroke of lightning.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Now I have . unfortunately.. Could have went without reading that.

I see where you are going with this.

But I am solid in my position that being a fox affiliate means you follow fox guidlines. And if somthing comes down the pipe that needs to be fed to the masses ..well then it will be aid . it's a different ball game with big story's.

I definitely agree that if it's news worthy, the MSM will pick up on it. Had this all happened over the Summer, it would have been national headlines everywhere. My point is that it's got to be newsworthy though, before the MSM will take off with it. If there is any bearing to this story then the MSM will or has picked up on it. The big agencies have their little rats that go around sniffing for good stuff.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

I can't shake a very prescient comment (made by another ATSer on your previous thread). An attack on small town America, well off the beaten path, could produce hundreds/thousands of victims and be the game changer in the sense that NO place would be safe.

The dam...does it provide drinking water? Does it provide hydroelectric? Could a blast cause flash flooding loss of life? This is really serious and I am glad it is receiving widespread media attention (and no doubt discussion on many webpages).

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Pretty much like everybody else that is the problema reply to: Kapusta

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Stop fearmongering...

Seriously ..

I completely get the animosity you must have over the Muslim fear that is rampant recently. I think most people really do understand that not everyone who prays to Allah want's to kill them, but there is some justifiable fear caused by the few that actually do want to kill them. It's not fair to you and all the other peaceful people, but it is the current "fear de-jour".

That being said, ATS is a place where things like this get posted, we pay attention to them, and sometimes, put a few things together and see a bigger picture. Sometimes it's nothing, but still very worth while to post, as we never know what bit of information might be hugely important later.

Maybe there really are/were some middle eastern mean asking strange questions. That's not a crime, and I am sure if they had good intentions, nothing will come of this. But please understand this place was like this LONG before we were told to be afraid of Muslims or middle eastern men in general. If it passed after 9-11, it can pass here too. And soon I hope.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

That's what I'm saying. And if they plan on attacking us like they're claiming over and over, they'll wait until we least expect it. Threats here and there and everywhere, nothing happens and guards go down. If they're serious, they're not going to hit us with our guard up.

not-so-fun-fact: What we call a stroke today used to be called apoplexy, derived from the Greek word apoplessein meaning ‘to strike down.’ I thought the etymology of this word was fascinating, because if you have ever known someone who had a stroke, it is truly like they were suddenly “struck down” and unable to get back up.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Glinda

I can't shake a very prescient comment (made by another ATSer on your previous thread). An attack on small town America, well off the beaten path, could produce hundreds/thousands of victims and be the game changer in the sense that NO place would be safe.

The dam...does it provide drinking water? Does it provide hydroelectric? Could a blast cause flash flooding loss of life? This is really serious and I am glad it is receiving widespread media attention (and no doubt discussion on many webpages).

Yes, if something happened in A Police State, then where does that leave the rest of the Country?...Its an in your face Scenario

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: UnBreakable

in the context that apratus was used - what else did you think it could be ???????????????????

I wasn't sure. I thought since "Apratus" was capitalized. it was a specific term I wasn't aware of. I wasn't aware "apparatus" was that difficult of a word to spell out. I missed the steno class during the court reporting abbreviation class.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: yitco

What does a middle eastern man look like ?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join