It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Information needed on christians

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:20 AM
link   
By the way, W-O, you are not a Christian, so why are you ansering to this request? Your responses are in no way true in any way, historically in regard to the Word, or in any way congruent to the Christian belief.

Have you been dunked, yet? Let me dunk you, please. I want to give you the witch test for a full 6 minutes, just to be sure!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by krotzkrotz

Hi,

i'm looking for information of christians and their secret rituals like christianization of heathens, etc... possibly with some eyewitness accounts. Does a good book or webresource exist on the subject ?

The only thing I've ever heard of similar to "secret rituals like christianization of heathens" is the Baptism of the Dead performed by the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints (the Mormons). Most Christians consider Mormons not to be Christians but the followers of a bizarre cult. You can find more information about Mormonism from a Christian perspective here.

[edit on 1/9/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Well, Mr. Johnston, as they do not use the Bible but another book which conflicts with the Bible, why would Christians consider them the same?

Come here, let me give you the witch- trial!

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Leveller, I'm not about to get knee deep in stupidity, let me just say that you are having a difficult time determining the difference between Christianity and "the Church", and you are also buying into the secular historians' point of view that "the Church" is to blame for a lot of that which it isn't.

The problem as I see it is that I don't have a problem determining a difference between the two, but that a helluva lot of "Christians" throughout history have.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Well, Mr. Johnston, as they do not use the Bible but another book which conflicts with the Bible, why would Christians consider them the same?

Come here, let me give you the witch- trial!

They do use the Bible as well as the Book of Mormon and other writings. They claim to be Christian...I'm not on a witch hunt or anything, but they usually approach and try to convert Christians saying that they are just another Christian church, kind of like Catholics and Protestants are different. Only later do you learn about the more bizarre aspects of their faith, such as God is really from the planet Kolob and if you follow him and are a good Mormon, you may end up being able to rule your own planet in the afterlife.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vesuvius 13
Hello,
this is very surprising thread, if you don't mind me saying, i wasnt expecting a post like this.

I will try to give you an idea of what a christian is, since you don't seem to know anything about them lol. Everytime you hear a person mention the name God, as if talking to or about it/him or something else, it means they are a christian(yeah unless its negative remarks towards god lol i know), unless the person is wearing a skull cap, symbolizing that theyre jewish, then they are Christians. Christianity is no secret society, it simply means that the subject has a collection of beliefs concerning Immanuel, known as Jesus Christ, and the Hebrew/jewish God.
You can't really ask a question such as what are their secret rituals, well there are none...theyre all open, nothing secret about christianity, well except for christian sects such as the catholic church, they seem to gravely enjoy secrets.

However if any rituals, one would be Babtism, this is when a priest or revron takes a man and gently slides his head under a stream or pool of water in order to cleanse him of his sins. Then this means they are officially a christian, Yippey Kai YaY!
There are countless numbers of christian sects also, babtist, methodist, catholic, presbiterian, etc. They are oftenly very very different in their beliefs and it's all very unorganized and unecessary.

Another point i believe i should make, is tht from my own estimated claculation only about 20% of christians, from any sect, actually follow and understand the teachings of their worship figure known as Lord Jesus. Most people are simply born into christian families and thats that, they don't care, they dont seek a spiritual path, it's quite saddening. They call themselves christians only because they were simply born into it. They do not even understand the concept of their saviors teachings about spirituality, they dont really know what the heck true spirituality is.

I apologize for the negative opionionated side of christianity, so now ill tell you the good and what it's heart is supposed to meen.
A true christian is supposed to be a person whom does their best to honor God while being loving, compassionate caring people. They supposed to love all, even their enemies, it is an excellent very good philosopher and is truely a way for the rightouess path. People just don't really follow it.

Now if you wonder whether i am a christian, yes actually i am, however don't assume im like other regular christians, im not, lol, and im too lazy to explain my personal spiritual discoveries right now. I have learned things i never quite believed possible in my childhood, and i am now on my own quest to reach spiritual enlightenment. Stuff that i was never told in church, stuff that i could not possibly have learned in my church! Most christians don't understand exactly how direct christ was in his teachings concerning spirituality, it's not really their fault however, they were simply raised to believe somethings arent possible because their own elders before him were raised the same way and know no better.

And if you wanna read a good book on christian views, try the holy bible, lol, at your local bookstore!

Well i think i had more to say but I dont feel like typing anymore, lol, too much energy. lol
im done, enjoy lol.

Best wishes,
Dani

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Vesuvius 13]

No. I disagree with just about everything in that. Except for one thing, the Catholice Church has kept some secrets, but most of them are for good. Some things in the Church's I do not agree with. Such as the Castration.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
LoL @ Thomas Crowne for that last sentence, lol.

Wyrde one you are actually right about alot of stuff you said however your wrong about alot too! First you insulted christ by saying he's no different to today's cult leaders, and then you complimented him, then insulted him again, and complimented him again???!?!? Make up your mind do you think he was nothing, or do you think he was a true prophet?!??!?

By the way, this thread was not meant to discuss the flaws of christianity, it was to tell what it is defined as today!!!!
Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DII503

No. I disagree with just about everything in that. Except for one thing, the Catholice Church has kept some secrets, but most of them are for good. Some things in the Church's I do not agree with. Such as the Castration.

Which stuff do you disagree with, im interested? And, did you mean Circumscism?? Or however it is spelt, Castration, is when the, um, entire male organ is cut off....ewwww, yuk.

Best wishes,
Dani

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
WyrdeOne, I agree with almost everything you said, with the exception of the following statement.

That, combined with the fact that Jesus demanded all his followers give their entire estate to the church for redistribution makes him look a lot like modern cult leaders.

I am curious to know where Jesus stated that his followers had to give up everything to the "church" so that it could be redistributed? I know he required his disciples to forsake their earthly possessions and attachments, if they wanted to follow him, and I understand that. I just don't recall his saying that they should give it to the church. Especially since there was no such thing as "organized Christianity" at that time.

posted on Jan, 11 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Originally posted by cjane

It's a matter of security. Churches get robbed just like any other place. If you find a church locked, putting a call in to someone at the office or rectory is all you'd need to do to gain entry.

And do you think that masonic temples are any different?

The building is`nt the church the people are,and when there is a service anyone can go in,which is totally opposite to Masonry.Wow even you knew that one Leveller?More deliberate disinformation?

Mojom true,the rich man eg he had kept all the commandments and still would`nt follow Christ because he was rich,Christ replied i did`nt say you were not a good man i said you were rich and its easier for a camel to fit through an eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven ,Christ was refereeing to anything that is stopping you from entering give it up.

[edit on 11-1-2005 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 12 2005 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
The building is`nt the church the people are

Sounds like the gospel of St Thomas, heresey

and when there is a service anyone can go in,which is totally opposite to Masonry

But you can't get into alot when there isn't a service going onlike, again unlike masonry. You can only get into a church if you want to follow the faith.

Mojom true,the rich man eg he had kept all the commandments and still would`nt follow Christ because he was rich,Christ replied i did`nt say you were not a good man i said you were rich and its easier for a camel to fit through an eye of a needle than a rich man to enter the Kingdom of Heaven ,Christ was referreing to anything that is stopping you from entering give it up.

I believe what was being referred to was Christ's knowledge that rich people would find it difficult to give away their wealth iin the assistance of others. Similar to

“How hard it is for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” (Luke 18:24 / Mark 10:23)

“Truly I tell you, it will be hard for a rich person to enter the kingdom of heaven.” (Matthew 19:23)

Which gives the impression of what you say, but as always JC talked in parables to the people, of which only those he chose to explain understood fully.

In all seriousnous, it is down to the interpretation, there is no right answer when it comes to scripture, as long as you lead a good life you should be okay.

As for secret rituals, some scholars believe that prior to the arrival of Christ John and his followers were the "keepers of the secret teachings" which is why they were nicknamed Nasoreans.

Scholars also, should I say some scholars, claim that the mysteries of the bible were acted out as dramas prior to the creation of the book, but they are still couched in the language of parable and symbol, so obscure in expression that none but a "true Nasorean" can interpret its meaninig.

One drama depicting the creation of adam also incorporates a "secret grip", again according to some scholars.

Other secrets, again are in history and not practise today, would include the symbol of the fish, which has been covered in other threads which you can search using the functions available in ATS.

[edit on 12/1/2005 by Bondi]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join