It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: ColdChillin

A) If pot cured cancer, don't you think that there would not be any cancer patients left?
If I found that I had cancer, I'd sure cure it with pot!
(I'd never get it in the first place, right? How many smokers get cancer?)
Why, I wonder, is there still cancer?

B) I find no credibility in any site that ends in .gov!
Entertainment, of a dark kind, perhaps, but never intelligent honesty!

There are several members on ats who are suffering from cancer, and they said they would not bother with the alternatives, preferring to stick with their doctors poison.
Its because of uninformed posts like yours that they dont try the alternatives!

Beg pardon?
My simple use of logic is making me a killer?
Really?
There was nothing illogical of my point.
I would not prescribe anything for a cancer patient, medicinally, as I am most ignorant.
But if it works, like all miraculous touted cures, then we will all see the results, eventually, in the bright cancer free light of day!
Not depending on websites, but the reality before our noses!
edit on 15-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: namelesss

How many smokers get cancer?)

There are alternative methods to consume it...

How many brownie eaters get cancer?
Now many hash eaters get cancer?
How many oil imbibers get cancer?
I'm not making a judgment, merely a quest for information, a good study to read!

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
Cannabis gave my father throat cancer. It was ironic, I thought, that the only time my father didn't smoke was during the two years he was fighting cancer, considering the supposed medical benefits.

My condolences on your father's passing. I lost my father to the same cancer. In my case, I gave up tobacco about 45 years ago (which was over 20 years before he got his cancer). That is a particularly bad way to go... Modern science has yet to find a way to curb the perceived thirst of someone with a feeding tube. Horrible!

Dad was a heavy tobacco smoker. Just trying to get a clear picture, did yours abstain from tobacco?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Big pharma has nothing to do with this. They aren't involved because it's illegal for them to patent natural occuring substances like THC or MJ in general. Moot Point.

You dont need to patent the source material to produce a patented treatment or drug. GW Pharmaceuticals has no problem copyrighting a cannabis derived drug called Sativex® as a treatment for cancer pain.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: ColdChillin

A) If pot cured cancer, don't you think that there would not be any cancer patients left?
If I found that I had cancer, I'd sure cure it with pot!
(I'd never get it in the first place, right? How many smokers get cancer?)
Why, I wonder, is there still cancer?

B) I find no credibility in any site that ends in .gov!
Entertainment, of a dark kind, perhaps, but never intelligent honesty!

I don't think you understand the scope of which mass populations are dumb and easily led. Pure THC does, in fact, activate cancer cell death. I know from personal experience, with my buddy's mom given just a few weeks to live. She's been alive for two years now cancer free. There's a network of underground doctors that produce cannaoil and sell it to paitents that need it. Requires about three pounds of potent cannabis.

Two years ago the United States went over the border into Canada and arrested a doctor that was producing Cannaoil for free, and giving it to terminal cancer patients. They were also stopping patients at the border and confiscating their oil. This was not reported by any new outlet, hilariously. A friend of mine was just about to go up there and get some the same week they arrested the doctor, four months later my friend's dead because some greedy pharma corporation wants to control everyone's health.

Said Doctor at least was, don't know about still, sitting in a US Federal Prison for try to save lives. The tentacles of Big Business reach far and wide, even into the masses minds.

As I said, all conspiracies implode under their own weight, eventually.
If this is all true, then it will be make abundantly clear in time.
I'll wait.
Anecdotal evidence is accepted, but very, very tentatively!

And, no, "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!" *__-

People like yourself are a big problem.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: namelesss

How many smokers get cancer?)

There are alternative methods to consume it...

How many brownie eaters get cancer?
Now many hash eaters get cancer?
How many oil imbibers get cancer?
I'm not making a judgment, merely a quest for information, a good study to read!

Something I would be interested in reading as well. I was shocked several years ago when I watched a debate on medicinal cannabis. (Donahue, Geraldo, Dr. Phil? I don't remember...) Not ONE of those representing the side of cannabis pointed out other methods of getting it into the patient's system. Yet the "establishment" side of the debate kept hammering the point they could never approve anything that involved smoke going into the lungs.

I knew a lady (co-worker's mother) years ago that lost an eye to cancer and was sent home by the medical doctors to die because the tumor in her brain was inoperable. They gave her 4 - 6 months to live. For another 15 years she saw an herbalist who treated her with dietary supplements and juices. Because of the medical establishment's clearly staked out domain legally, he was always a moving target and it would not be unusual for 150+ people at that month's meeting place before the sun had come up. He was "first come, first served" and would stay until the last patient was seen.

That was 40 years ago and they DID eventually catch and prosecute him, but my friend's mother passed away in her sleep following a day well spent as a volunteer at one of their church's charity functions.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A video for the lazy.If you can be bothered.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

Thank you.

Studies are sometimes flawed and biassed ... everybody knows that. But soo much indications are very convincing.

I would give it a go and hope cannabis will soon be legal. Also in Belgium.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: elementalgrove

Sorry I do not buy simple ignorance, there was a concerted effort (a conspiracy if you will) within the medical science community to shut this down and it has worked wonderfully, this has always been a big red flag for me when it comes to trusting "big pharma" and its controlled government institutions!

Not just the pharmaceutical industry. Look into the role DuPont played in making industrial hemp illegal. With the extracts from industrial hemp, we could reduce our use of 'fossil fuels' by a huge margin if not entirely. Nearly every plastic made from crude oil could be produced in a comparable form from hemp oil.

Diesel expected that his engine would be powered by vegetable oils (including hemp) and seed oils. At the 1900 World's Fair, Diesel ran his engines on peanut oil. Later, George Schlichten invented a hemp 'decorticating' machine that stood poised to revolutionize paper making. Henry Ford demonstrated that cars can be made of, and run on, hemp. Evidence suggests a special-interest group that included the DuPont petrochemical company, Secretary of the Treasury Andrew Mellon (Dupont's major financial backer), and the newspaper man William Randolph Hearst mounted a yellow journalism campaign against hemp. Hearst deliberately confused psychoactive marijuana with industrial hemp, one of humankind's oldest and most useful resources. DuPont and Hearst were heavily invested in timber and petroleum resources, and saw hemp as a threat to their empires. Petroleum companies also knew that petroleum emits noxious, toxic byproducts when incompletely burned, as in an auto engine. Pollution was important to Diesel and he saw his engine as a solution to the inefficient, highly polluting engines of his time. In 1937 DuPont, Mellen and Hearst were able to push a "marijuana" prohibition bill through Congress in less than three months, which destroyed the domestic hemp industry.

Rudolf Diesel: 1858 - 1913

So lots of monied interests had their way when this plant was prohibited in our country.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Not one of the links I clicked on proved that it cures cancer.
Not one at all.

OP is very misleading.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

one simple question - how many acres of hemp cultivation is required to replace 1 million barrels of crude oil ?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SRPrime

Wrong. It has been anecdotaly proven not to cause LUNG CANCER. It is associated with many other lung related issues though.

More than one of the papers in the OP come to the following conclusion:

Research shows that smoking marijuana causes chronic bronchitis and marijuana smoke has been shown to injure the cell linings of the large airways, which could explain why smoking marijuana leads to symptoms such as chronic cough, phlegm production, wheeze and chronic bronchitis.

Smoking marijuana can harm more than just the lungs and respiratory system - it can also affect the immune system and the body's ability to fight disease

And one of the articles reference this article: Source

which states:

Smoking marijuana can suppress the body's immune system, which explains why pot-smokers are more susceptible than non-smokers to certain cancers and infections, according to a new study.

It has been linked to an increased risk of testicle and prostrate cancer. Look it up...Source

in this relatively young study cohort,marijuana use and cancer were not associated in overall analyses, but that associations in nonsmokers of tobacco cigarettes suggested that marijuana use affects certain site-specific cancer risks.

Another site specific cancer?

Source

Our analysis indicated that marijuana use may interact with mutagen sensitivity and other risk factors to increase the risk of head and neck cancer

Stop being ignorant.

Make it legal, but understand it isn't healthy to regularly use.
edit on 15-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Thank you.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: kef33890

The key words there are "nothing but bad effects for me". There are drugs I absolutely can't use. They do nothing but make me worse. Yet they are prescribed successfully for others every day. I don't seem to have a problem with other people using those drugs though. Yet you have a problem with marijuana because you don't react well to it. The difference being, that I'm not narrow minded like you. You should think on that.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

The answer is not simple as it the infrastructure isn't there nor does there seem to be interest in finding out:

Information is not available on other potential U.S. hemp-based sectors, such as for use in construction materials or biofuels, paper, and other manufacturing uses. Data are not available on existing businesses or processing facilities that may presently be engaged in such activities within the United States.

Title : Hemp as an Agricultural Commodity

Descriptive Note : Congressional rept.

Corporate Author : LIBRARY OF CONGRESS WASHINGTON DC CONGRESSIONAL RESEARCH SERVICE

One also has to consider the energy required to harvest this product and compare that to other means in use.

The high energy potential of hemp and lack of information about its cultivation, harvest and environmental suitability has led to further research to obtain new information.

The energy balance is a fundamental element to indicate how much energy is produced by the crop per unit of energy input; it can reveal existing reserves and optimize energy inputs in the manufacturing process. The inventory analysis serves as well as the environmental impact evaluation (LCA) and possibility of CO2 (greenhouse gases) reduction.Industrial hemp has good energy output-to-input ratios. Targeted scientific research in yield improvement may determine this crop among the best energy crops for the whole temperate climate; it can be a good solution in improving the energy situation in Moldova.

Evaluation of sustainability aspect – energy balance of briquettes made of hemp biomass cultivated in Moldova direct link to .pdf.

If we had been researching this method of energy production and other use of the extracts that can be made with hemp oils to the same degree to which we have done with petroleum products, don't you think we'd be a bit further along with the technologies than we are now?
edit on 15-12-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by jadedANDcynical because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko
-- snip --
Stop being ignorant.

Make it legal, but understand it isn't healthy to regularly use.

Words from the wise.

It's kinda counterintuitive to think you can smoke anything without causing some form of damage to your lungs.

Through a common friend, I know someone who turned their life around by including the herb in question in a therapeutic tea. She is what I would consider (in my admittedly nonprofessional opinion) at high risk as she's lost two close female family members to suicide/depression. From what I have read, the jury is still out on psychological impact of regular use. Some people like her find that it facilitates a more positive attitude while others claim it leaves them anxious and depressed.
edit on 12 15 2015 by CornShucker because: formatting

edit on 12 15 2015 by CornShucker because: formatting, again...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

yes the answer is simple

it top 20 oil customers in the world use 2500 MILLION tons of petroltem products per year

the reason no one has calculated the acrege of hem to replace it is because

UTTERLY IMPOSSIBLE .

you can pontificate all you wish about how hemp CAN be used as a subsitute for various petroleum products

but actually producing the tonnage to replace petroleum is never going to happen

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

one simple question - how many acres of hemp cultivation is required to replace 1 million barrels of crude oil ?

Even simpler question - can that crude oil be renewed next year? And the year after that and the year after that.........
edit on 15-12-2015 by IslandOfMisfitToys because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

Pro-hemp sites will state between 6,000-10,000 litres/acre. Real world data, from Canada, shows significantly lower output per acre, but I don't know how indicative that is, as the hemp is still very much a 'specialty' crop and has not yet been fielded on enough soil types to properly gauge yields.

That aside, using the 10,000 litres/acre (per annum = 3 @ 4 month cycles), you would get approx 63 barrels per acre. Factoring the lower energy density of ethanol vs gasoline, we would require about 1.5 million barrels of ethanol to supplant 1 million barrels of oil...We would need to plant approx 23,800 acres of hemp.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys
Even simpler question - can that crude oil be replaced next year? And the year after that and the year after that.........

No. And neither can hemp. Well, not without a host of fertilizers, or a grossly increased land allotment, to allow for proper rotations.

There is no free lunch. Not for traditional oil and not for hemp.

The key is to reduce our usage, not find replacements for our over zealous consumption habits.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join