It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

one simple question - how many acres of hemp cultivation is required to replace 1 million barrels of crude oil ?

Your simple, to the point question is probably the best place to ask this. I am, actually, asking anyone with knowledge on this subject and willingly admit my ignorance.

Even assuming that hemp (which actually IS a form of cannabis) could be shown as a possible substitute for crude oil, wouldn't we Still be taking a valuable source of dietary fiber, nutrients, vitamins and non-psychoactive cannabinoids and squandering it in the same way corn has been used for ethanol?

The world has many millions going to bed hungry each night. Unlike corn, hemp is naturally attractive because of its ability to flourish in a wide variety of environments and circumstances. Am I missing something in this equation?
edit on 12 15 2015 by CornShucker because: added dropped word

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blazemore2000
a reply to: kef33890

The key words there are "nothing but bad effects for me". There are drugs I absolutely can't use. They do nothing but make me worse. Yet they are prescribed successfully for others every day. I don't seem to have a problem with other people using those drugs though. Yet you have a problem with marijuana because you don't react well to it. The difference being, that I'm not narrow minded like you. You should think on that.

We can't forget to add in the constantly changing "expert" opinions... I've seen the different artificial sweeteners come and go destroying businesses in the process only to have the medical establishment change their mind yet again and rescind their previous warnings.

Cardiac problems run on both sides of my family and I was taking fish oil every morning, then came the news that it had been linked to prostate problems. That is a MAJOR risk factor on my maternal side so I now have two very large jars that are just drawing dust.

On the pharma side, I found out the hard way that a particular drug intended for anxiety and insomnia produces an opposite effect by orders of magnitude. My system treats it like a high strength amphetamine. Once was more than enough, we ALL thought I was going to have a heart attack or a stroke!

So you make a great point. Even a well tested medication is still a matter of individual constitution and everyone would be well advised to pay attention to your own reactions. Safety is based on averages, not absolutes...

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the links, this is some great information.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

It helps with cancer and other illnesses, I stopped using it about two years ago and my health went into decline since then. Just saying.

-SAP-

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why can't we use all treatments and be baked in the process too for just that extra help can't be all bad? I have no room in my life for pot but if I was on the edge of dying I think there would be some room then. As we look at states that legalize pot one would think the cat would come out of the bag if pot was the cure all people suggest.

Many of these experiments might show results that are minimal but are reported and so we just do not know if we would see any positive results on the large scale that would actually show positive affect as a true treatment.

edit on 15-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SloAnPainful

It helps with cancer and other illnesses, I stopped using it about two years ago and my health went into decline since then. Just saying.

-SAP-

So why did you stop?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

Something I would be interested in reading as well. I was shocked several years ago when I watched a debate on medicinal cannabis. (Donahue, Geraldo, Dr. Phil? I don't remember...) Not ONE of those representing the side of cannabis pointed out other methods of getting it into the patient's system. Yet the "establishment" side of the debate kept hammering the point they could never approve anything that involved smoke going into the lungs.

We could bypass all the smoking with just using oils that are much more powerful than smoking can ever be. We have had what one could considered overdoses on the level of THC in brownies that even a cheech and chong joint could not even come close to. If a person wanted to flood their bodies for medical reason smoking it would be the worst way to do it.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Oh no, I understand apoptosis and cell death. These are great for future research but are by no means 'cures.' To suggest they are is...misleading, at best.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: peck420

About 36 million acres of corn was used last year for ethanol (40% of the 90 million over all).

There's a lot of land out there.

Not to mention the roofs of buildings (green roofing) could carry a LOT of that burden.

I don't claim it as a miracle but we need to start looking at alternatives than syphoning vast amounts of crude oil from the ground........

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: IslandOfMisfitToys

About 36 million acres of corn was used last year for ethanol (40% of the 90 million over all).

There's a lot of land out there.

Not to mention the roofs of buildings (green roofing) could carry a LOT of that burden.

I don't claim it as a miracle but we need to start looking at alternatives than syphoning vast amounts of crude oil from the ground........

Trading one mistake for another is not really a viable solution for long term survival. If you are wondering what the mistake of hemp is, do a little research into what affect our current agricultural practices are having on the environment. (For the record, growing food as fuel is stupid, and growing corn anywhere it wouldn't grow naturally is stupid.)

If you want an alternative that works...try riding a bike to work...or, even better, living in an area that doesn't even require a car? Live in a smaller house. Have fewer electronic toys. Use the toys you do have for longer. Eat less meat, and eat more locally grown, locally sustainable foods. There is a host of alternatives, they are just alternatives most are not willing to switch to.

We aren't going to be afforded all of the luxuries that we currently enjoy, while being environmentally friendly. Everything has a price. We can accept that, and lower how much we 'buy', or we can continue to put it on the 'credit card' so we can feel good about it for the moment and worry about payment later.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Wouldn't it have been easier and shorter to list the things that Cannabis doesn't cure?

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Great info in the OP. No surprise there is still a lot of those who stigmatize the plant and those who use it in any form.

Even after such prolific evidence of the uses of cannabis there are those who will never see it as a good thing.

Which is fine have your opinions that's great what I don't understand is the need to come into threads like this and try to convince people otherwise. Usually based on some anecdote of their friend or family member who messed up their life and just so happened to smoke too.

Just laughable to hear people blame cannabis for their friend/family-members poor decisions/judgement.

I guess personal responsibility ends after that first hit and never comes back.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
It doesn't have to be grown traditionally. Growers have shown that it can grown healthily in large quantities hydroponically in concrete jungles.
edit on 12162015 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes were made.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

That acreage is low. Even then you are talking about 40 square miles. That is the size of a medium sized city. Do you know how much agricultural sprawl that would cause? The production of ethanol has already displaced normal farms and created horrible sprawl in the midwest.

On top of that, it isn't a 1 for 1 swap as Hemp Oil is low viscosity oil. It would have to stay warm to be used as a fuel source. It also absorbs water vapor meaning you would get water in your engine, similar to other biofuel engines kits. It also requires a preservative to hold it's umph as a fuel which can't be used in an engine without harming the life of the engine.

Also, biodiesel fuels as a source for power may do more harm for the environment than good.

Source

They note that growing biofuel crops on a large scale requires either the conversion of agricultural land used for food crops or the destruction of forests to free up land, possibly offsetting any reduction in carbon emissions from the use of biofuels.

Nuclear Power (Thorium, LFTR) and super conducting power lines will do farm more for the environment than hemp oil ever would. It won't even be close. Add on local solar generation (panels on roof, furnace in city) and home battery stations and we just jumped into the future. No need to cause more deforestation to grown a plant that doesn't yield enough product to be worth it.
edit on 16-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I hope you are not trying to get the thread shut down..........

Not at all.

Discussing this is fine, however thread titles like this one need to be done away with. Its purposefully misleading and and insulting to those of us that know better.

Not to be mean to you sir but again I will repeat what I told the other guy who blamed cannabis for his father's illness. You cannot rule out the causes of cancer in your natural environment. You had skin cancer. Did you stay out of the sun, did u limit your exposure to the things that would agitate the disease? It isn't a wonder drug but it is A LOT better than radiation and doesn't harm your body like pharmaceuticals. You cannot tell me that man made chemicals are better for your body than cannabis. Moreover, as another individual said, how your cannabis is grown makes a huge difference as does how you put it in your body. I would suggest that smoking anything with fertilizer in it or pesticides (besides organic fertilizers like bat guano for instance) affects the viability for cancerous cell death.
And before you freak out on me, know that my baby Sister died 11 months ago from brain cancer bc medical cannabis wasn't legal in her state.
This subject is personal for me.
Moreover, what is something called when it kill cancer cells? The cure. Doesn't mean it's the end all, be all. And might I also point out that the STUDIES used the terms cure and remission. I did not, nor would I ever purposely mislead anyone with a title.
Despite your comments, I wish you well and godspeed on your health returning to what it once was. Truly.
edit on 16-12-2015 by ColdChillin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: CornShucker

Simple math using the data found here might assist you in making an informed educated guess.

Peak Oil/Hemp Oil Data

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I'm wondering what the disconnect is with people?

Me too.

The only thing people are meant to breathe is air preferably clean

Rolling up plants, and setting them on fire NOT SO MUCH.

I'm going to make a guess, and assume you haven't bothered a single one of the twenty+ articles presented by the OP.

... as many others haven't.

"I heard if you inject rectally you get twice as high."

How is this comment still on, and not been removed?

This isn't about personal use, or ridiculous polarizations as mentioned, or your personal opinion on the matter.

Try actually debating the topic rather than just inserting your opinion against a plethora of peer-reviewed articles that speak volumes compared to the pleas and ridiculous hypotheticals by anonymous people on the Internet.

Good thread, OP, a lot of good information to digest. It's unfortunate many cannot differentiate between "their opinion," on this subject, and what is nearly objective and very empirical.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I'd also like to mention, that alcohol IS NOT meant to be consumed by the human body.

Only CLEAN, FRESH water is.

So we need to outlaw sodas, juices, milk, coffee - you name it, you bet it is on the list.

I swear - some of you people would make Nazi's smile on their graves with your inane ability to constantly dictate what other people can/cannot do with their own bodies in their own free times.

Alcohol is BY FAR a more dangerous, acceptable, addictive, destructive, and easier to access drug than cannabis - yet there are never any moral outcries and rages whenever people are maimed and killed by some asshole drunk driver.

But cannabis?

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO PUT THAT IN YOUR LUNGS, BECAUSE I SAY SO!!1!1!1

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
You know, Warrior, allow me to apologize for my response. I think I was frustrated with negative replies or the accusation regarding a misleading title. If I crossed a line, forgive the response. It wasn't intended, of course.
I posted this to educate people and help them pass informed information to their peers.
It's been a tough year, man. I hope we're cool.

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You should read this

Medical marijuana as the new herbalism, part 2: Cannabis does not cure cancer www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join