It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I just do not understand all the potheads in America. I think the plant should stay illegal... Not because it's bad or dangerous, but because it sucks hardcore! Never once have I enjoyed weed. It does nothing but slow down my thinking to sheer retardedness. Not to mention my anxiety shoots through the roof and I think I'm going insane because things get SLOOOW. I'm completely dysfunctional and thoughts become scattered or tunneled. There's no way a drug that is that bad could do anything for you medically..

Now, if you want a real useful drug, Amphetamine or MDMA should be legalized. Good old 'phetamine should be without prescription to help get moving in your day. MDMA, however, should be prescription only... for those of us with boring lives and or depression. Then ALL opiates need to be totally legal and very obtainable OTC like Tylenol.

I think it's really ****ed up everyone wants to legalize the worst drug ever... makes absolutely zero sense to me. It has seemingly nothing but bad effects for me

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Well then don't you think the thread should be titled " THC can help cure SOME forms of cancer?"

And just because you have worked with cancer patients for fifteen years does not make your opinion any more qualified than mine.

That's the problem I hve with these threads. It's always the same, some links to some ads or an article in the latest issue of crazy herbalist monthly proudly proclaiming weed cures cancer. Nevermind the fact that there are many different types and stages of cancer this weed cures them all if you just eat it!!!!

Um, no it does not. Been there done that, in sickness and in health.

Know what DID save my life though? Chemo and radiation. Of course that's not what folks want to hear but it's the truth.

edit on 15-12-2015 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

That's the problem I hve with these threads. It's always the same, some links to some ads or an article in the latest issue of crazy herbalist monthly proudly proclaiming weed cures cancer.

That's not that though, this is a list of studies, not just articles. These are actual studies in the process of being peer reviewed, I would agree with you otherwise.

Know what DID save my life though? Chemo and radiation. Of course that's not what folks want to hear but it's the truth.

Look my husband is a doctor, and we deal with cancer patients all the time. No it's not a cure all, that's not what anybody in our industry has said, what we've been trying to do is get more focus on research so that we can prove that there is benefit to this and there are treatments yet to be discovered that could help any number of diseases.

~Tenth

edit on 12/15/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Before anyone buys into this guys list I want to point out that more than half of the papers I have looked at are NOT what you claim.

For example, one of them you linked has the conclusion:

these results suggest that in vivo exposure to THC can lead to significant suppression of the immune response

Indicating that THC actually WEAKENS your immune system.

The very first paper you linked clearly indicates that it isn't marijuana either, although I know you never claimed that, but many people are confused.

we demonstrated that CBD, a nonpsychotropic derivative of marijuana, impaired the viability of human glioma cell lines U87 and U373 in vitro and in vivo, suggesting its potential medical use.

CBD/THC has been legal for medical research for a very long time.

I don't believe you read any of these papers.

Edit: I also want everyone to be clear that his use of the word "cure" is totally wrong. Almost all of the papers that ARE what he claims say the applications simply show chemopreventive qualities. This indicates that it is similar to chemo therapy, only without the adverse side effects most likely. This is NOT a cure. It allows the body to respond to the cancer before the cancer can replicate too much, thus allowing the cancer to go into remission. Cancer, even with cannabis, is not considered "cured" until x amount of time (5 years typically) has passed. Also, although CBD has shown these qualities, there are no studies which show how it compares to conventional therapy as concerns survival rates.

Ask Steve Jobs about smoking pot/using cannabis oil to cure cancer. Didn't work out too well for him. Let's not throw around the word "cure" where it doesn't belong.
edit on 15-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   

And most of them are not claiming what the OP states. I used two examples above. I could get really into it if you want me to. Again, medical use and research has been legal for some time with concerns to cannabis. It cannot be used as a catalyst to legalize the drug marijuana (which should be legal anyway).

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

Correct, they are not all what is claimed, that's for sure. The common denominator is that it shows that more research is certainly required and should be supported by organizations wanting to end cancer.

Sensationalism certainly does hurt the cause my friend. So I agree with you on that. Agreed on the catalyst for legalization, I would argue the economic side of that has more merits.

~Tenth
edit on 12/15/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Well I've said a few times in this thread now that I believe THC absolutely has health benefits and possible curative properties of some lower stage cancers. I'm not trying to discount that at all.

And I read the first few of the OPs "studies" and none of them claim anything close to the thread title. That's really my only beef with threads like this. I'm not trying to knock it at all. I actually use it quite a bit myself because I have a lot of nerve damage from surgeries and treatments. It's the only thing that really helps when my feet hands and back feel like they are on fire.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: jamespond

The Studies indicate that TREATMENT can lead to cure. You haven't provided any scientific data to compare it to have you?

If the Cochrane Organisation can't find one CREDIBLE source of information that scientifically proves cannabis cures cancer, then neither can you my friend.

Also, here is a good write up from David Gorski who works in the industry, and exposes this internet cannabis propaganda for the quackery that it is.

www.sciencebasedmedicine.org...

But of course, I realise that because you hold a biased opinion due to being misinformed and mislead you will dismiss this like everything else that goes against the bad science that you cite.

Big pharma has nothing to do with this. They aren't involved because it's illegal for them to patent natural occuring substances like THC or MJ in general. Moot Point.

Like you say, naturally occurring substances can't be patented. So therefore if a naturally occurring cure does exist it would have a lot to do with big pharma because it would be eating into their profits.

On the other hand since there's no CREDIBLE evidence to suggest that such cures exist they wouldn't be showing an interest. How do you put it? Moot point???

What you seem to not understand is the difference between preventative medicine and curative medicine, nor do you have any sweet clue of the science involved otherwise you'd be posting your own science as rebuttal.

~Tenth

What you don't seem to understand is that you and your stoner buddies do not have one piece of CREDIBLE evidence to back up your claims. You don't have one, because there aren't any.

The links in the OP, if anyone actually bothers to read them are all full of if, buts and maybe's and are certainly not proof of anything. Also, the English used in some of the write ups is terrible, to put it mildly.

Don't get upset just because everybody doesn't fall for the Rick Simpson-esq propaganda. I'd wait for you to come back with some credible sources, but you won't because there aren't any available.

So anyway, have a nice day.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: IslandOfMisfitToys

I'm wondering what the disconnect is with people?

Me too.

The only thing people are meant to breathe is air preferably clean

Rolling up plants, and setting them on fire NOT SO MUCH.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: onthedownlow
Cannabis gave my father throat cancer. It was ironic, I thought, that the only time my father didn't smoke was during the two years he was fighting cancer, considering the supposed medical benefits.

And you know this how? I'm willing to wager your daddy smoked tobacco or was around it second hand when he was younger or was inhaling other foreign carcinogens.

Cannabis has never once been proven to cause cancer in the history of all time, not even from burning the plant.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jamespond

I agree with your assessment of the studies

Exposing cells to a substance contained in Cannabis is a very very long way from a cure. Cells are not human beings.

Its research. Pure research. It adds to the body of knowledge but at the moment has no value.

The problem remains...its the same problem with many so called cures....

How do you get the curative substance to the cancer cells???? There are many many things that kill cancer cells. The problem is getting to the cancer cells and then, of course, consider that if it kills cancerous cells, it also kills healthy cells.

No use in curing the cancer if you kill the patient.

Tired of Controls

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 10:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdChillin
After reading numerous posts that have questioned the validity of cannabis in the fight against multiple forms of cancer, I have always wanted to hit back with a reply with included references from REPUTABLE SOURCES that prove that cannabis does in fact cure cancer. Instead, a friend of a friend compiled this list. Rather than pasting it multiple times, I decided that this would be an excellent and positive way to present this information for my very first post on ATS. Should any member need these references to defend your position on cannabis, I highly suggest that you peruse the included links.

Thanks for reading.

Cannabis kills Tumor cells:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Colorectal Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Uterine, Testicular, and Pancreatic Cancers:
www.cancer.gov...

Cannabis-derived substances in cancer therapy and anti-tumour properties:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Brain Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.plosone.org...
cancerres.aacrjournals.org...

Cannabis Cures Mouth and Throat Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Breast Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Lung Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Prostate Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Blood Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Skin Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Liver Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis Cures Cancer in General:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabinoids in intestinal inflammation and cancer: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19442536?itool=EntrezSystem2.PEntrez.Pubmed.Pubmed_ResultsPanel.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=22

Cannabis use and cancer of the head and neck: Case-control study: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2277494

Cannabis THC at high doses in area, inhibits cholangiocarcinoma cancer: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19916793?itool=Email.EmailReport.Pubmed_ReportSelector.Pubmed_RVDocSum&ordinalpos=6

Targeting CB2 cannabinoid receptors as a novel therapy to treat malignant lymphoblastic disease
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Marijuana kills cancer cells:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
cancer.gov...

Cannabis Treatment in Leukemia:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabinoids and the immune system:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Cannabis partially/fully induced cell death in Cancer:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

NCBI is a search engine for scientific and medical journals. If you open the links you will see that the information comes from many different sources.

This is by far the most impressive thread I've seen on this website. Thank you and your friend for all of the research and time that went into collecting all of this. As soon as I saw it linked to PubMed I was stoked. Those links are the real deal.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: links234

Cancer cell death is in fact how radiation and traditional cancer treatments "cure" cancer. If you would be so kind to scroll down and click on the links on cell death, you will learn the very basis for causing the patient to go into remission.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: xxdaniel21
a reply to: namelesss

A) If pot cured cancer, don't you think that there would not be any cancer patients left?

hahahaha, how long have have you been critically looking at conventional medicine /big pharma?

For a loooong time! And it's an UGLY picture. Been there!
There are times that taking some 'poison' by some authority's say-so has to be approached like eating oysters.
With loads of Faith and not a very close inspection!

On the other hand, some crap meds had me starving, hours from to death, a year ago.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they could work out something... but I have heard too many premature victory celebrations to pay too much attention.

Time will, of course, out the truth, so, we'll see...
edit on 15-12-2015 by namelesss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   
But there's no money to be made in curing it.

Big Pharma makes about $75,000 per person from their palliative "care".
Life is cheap and those who you trust in making the decisions to take care of you, DO NOT CARE.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I'm going to link this one as well.

looks like CBD oil is also good for Alzhiemer's.

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

And take a listen to William Li.

He says using certain foods we can kill cancer. Antiangiogenic foods.

. .
edit on 15-12-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: namelesss

A) If pot cured cancer, don't you think that there would not be any cancer patients left?
If I found that I had cancer, I'd sure cure it with pot!
(I'd never get it in the first place, right? How many smokers get cancer?)
Why, I wonder, is there still cancer?

B) I find no credibility in any site that ends in .gov!
Entertainment, of a dark kind, perhaps, but never intelligent honesty!

A) Depends on a lot of factors; many don't know or even believe it would work. Also, it's not available in a lot of states medically, sick patients would have to travel and or relocate for medicinal help as they are not given that option.

I am not anti any medicine/herb!
I am not anti placebo effect (re; believing').
I am not pro fascist.
Let 'em toke!

B) Sure but you trust .gov in the big pharma prescribed meds that we most all use.
For some it's kinda odd to see government supporting it because of big pharma.

Big pharm/corporate and gov't are all one and the same corrupt Freak Show!
If they can make a buck, they will!
Personally, we are only relevant as 'sustenance'!

I do not 'trust' big pharm, I eat their pills because I have no choice, and the moment of my final exhalation already exists! I am not going to stress about all the moments prior, called living and Loving life! *__-
It's always a case of 'follow the money trail'! *__-

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Actually, the .Gov site just links to credible studies that have reported their findings. You would have known that had you actually investigated the links. But, I will hold out hope that you take the time to peruse the links as I suggested.

Again, the proof is in the puddin!
It will not take long, if it is all true, for the floodgates to burst and truth to out!
It ALWAYS works like that!
True conspiracies are ALWAYS outed, eventually!
They collapse under their own weight!
I don't need your studies to prove that there is a UFO hovering outside my window, I have the rare ability to lift the shade and look for myself!
So far, I see all sorts of very important people dying from cancer.
Sorry that I didn't do credit to all your compilation of excellent references, but I'll check them out when I see a UFO out there!
I have heard all sorts of things touted as loudly, and more so.
And everything has it's websites.
But a website don't necessarily make it so.
Time will tell.

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Furthermore, I would suggest that cancer continues because nor all states have medical cannabis laws AND the causes of cancer still exist. Cannabis cannot eradicate things that exist in our natural environment but can eradicate it in our bodies.

I have seen no studies of now many baby boomers, having smoked all their lives, got cancer.
But, perhaps the mere 'smoking' is insufficient?
But where are those studies?
Did I miss that one?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flesh699

originally posted by: namelesss

If I found that I had cancer, I'd sure cure it with pot!
(I'd never get it in the first place, right? How many smokers get cancer?)
Why, I wonder, is there still cancer?

B) I find no credibility in any site that ends in .gov!
Entertainment, of a dark kind, perhaps, but never intelligent honesty!

I don't think you understand the scope of which mass populations are dumb and easily led. Pure THC does, in fact, activate cancer cell death. I know from personal experience, with my buddy's mom given just a few weeks to live. She's been alive for two years now cancer free. There's a network of underground doctors that produce cannaoil and sell it to paitents that need it. Requires about three pounds of potent cannabis.

Two years ago the United States went over the border into Canada and arrested a doctor that was producing Cannaoil for free, and giving it to terminal cancer patients. They were also stopping patients at the border and confiscating their oil. This was not reported by any new outlet, hilariously. A friend of mine was just about to go up there and get some the same week they arrested the doctor, four months later my friend's dead because some greedy pharma corporation wants to control everyone's health.

Said Doctor at least was, don't know about still, sitting in a US Federal Prison for try to save lives. The tentacles of Big Business reach far and wide, even into the masses minds.

As I said, all conspiracies implode under their own weight, eventually.
If this is all true, then it will be make abundantly clear in time.
I'll wait.
Anecdotal evidence is accepted, but very, very tentatively!

And, no, "no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American public!" *__-

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join