It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Yes, there are studies (preclinical) that show that the purified cannabinoids can have an anti-cancer effect. However some of the studies found evidence that cannabinoids, under some circumstances, can actually stimulate cancer cell growth and possibly contribute to tumor progression www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... Furthermore, cancer cells can develop resistance to cannabinoids and start growing again www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

In addition to this: ''Due to low bioavailability of oral THC formulations, alternative routes of drug administration, including oromucosal or sublingual dosing, vaporization of product and inhalation, and rectal administration, have been developed to improve the amount of delivered cannabinoids'' www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov... The oral bioavailability of THC is around 10% and CBD is around 6%.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdChillin

Not a problem at all sir, and I don't mean to be so emotional or over sensitive to the subject. Thank you for posting this thread anyway no matter the title. The more options you have when you are fighting a disease like this one the better.

I am sorry to hear about your sister. Too many have lost loved ones to this damned disease.

I too live in a state where it is illegal for even medicinal purposes. Which is a shame because despite what the naysayers say it really does help alot of the nasty side effects of cancer treatments which tend to linger on for years.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I agree there may be beneficial medical impact, but why do the 'sick' just want to sit around and smoke dope?
Over in Bisbee, Arizona you do not eve have to show your doctors card to get 'medical marijuana' from the Green Cross store.
And if THC is the miracle cure, why do the 'sick' just want to sit around and smoke dope...and collect unemployment and social security.
Liquid THC is readily available in a medical format. So why the push for smoking rooms and such?
Do you see what I am saying?

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: daveinats

Because it shouldnt be illegal. There is nothing wrong with having smoking lounges. We have bars, dont we?

But those able to work should work. Parasitism shouldnt be tolerated. Govt programs are for the sick and TRULY disabled. If a paraplegic can hold a job at walmart cashiering, then millions of people got no excuse to collect wellfare. Get off your lazy asses, you can get high when you get home, ya bums.
edit on 12172015 by MayanBoricua because: Mistakes were Made

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   

WOAH DUDE. That site is VERY wrong. Hemp Oil is NOT 1800 gallons per acre per day, its THIRTY SEVEN (37). You can't do math for a daily crude oil usage against an ANNUAL (1800+) intake of hemp oil. Whoever came up with that is a moron.

Source, Direct link XLS

To further make the assertion that hemp oil as a fuel as sustainable is idiotic, there are far more better options for natural oil:

Source

Look how many other natural oils, which could be used as fuel, have a higher oil/acre ratio than Hemp.

ON top of that, the site you linked welcomes the destruction of forest as it is included in arable land data-set he used. Maybe he should lay off the smokes when writing an article?
edit on 17-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: onthedownlow

I'm interested in this happening to your dad, any details you care to share?

I'm sorry to hear about this, regards.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Kudos OP! I'd give you 100 stars if I could. This is an excellent resource of information you have compiled here. Sometimes I wish I was able to speak more freely about all this. Someday perhaps... Going to take days to go over all this... Thankfully it's basically my job to assimilate this kind of info anymore.

There really isn't one reliable source for all things medical cannabis/hemp related. We need a WikiCannabis or something.
A few good resources I've found.
Cannabis Pharmacy
Cannabis Encyclopedia

A good rule of thumb is if they use the word "Cannabis" rather than "weed", "pot" it will be a good reliable resource.

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thank you OP.
It is hard to convince others of the succesfull treatment. Maybe this helps.
(Sorry for my English)

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: CornShucker

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: NateTheAnimator
a reply to: namelesss

How many smokers get cancer?)

There are alternative methods to consume it...

How many brownie eaters get cancer?
Now many hash eaters get cancer?
How many oil imbibers get cancer?
I'm not making a judgment, merely a quest for information, a good study to read!

Something I would be interested in reading as well. I was shocked several years ago when I watched a debate on medicinal cannabis. (Donahue, Geraldo, Dr. Phil? I don't remember...) Not ONE of those representing the side of cannabis pointed out other methods of getting it into the patient's system. Yet the "establishment" side of the debate kept hammering the point they could never approve anything that involved smoke going into the lungs.

I cannot seem to ingest it in food form, it makes me psychotic.
A very interesting and unique experience, it gives me great Compassion for those who suffer regularly from psychosis, but I'd rather not repeat the experience, thank you.
But different ingestion methods do produce differing results!

To be honest (as always), If I get cancer (I do inhale), I will continue to 'self medicate', and if cured, fine, and if not, fine!

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

More than half his compiled papers have nothing to do with his title...

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Source

Look how many other natural oils, which could be used as fuel, have a higher oil/acre ratio than Hemp.

How many of those other options on that list are food crops? Or crops that require primary cropland? It's insane to grow food to turn into oil and burn. Hemp is indeed sustainable it has a 4 month grow cycle, and doesn't require a lot of care or rotation. That's 111 gallons of oil an acre a year. I agree there are better alternatives but that's without taking the factors I just mentioned into account.

There are some very intelligent(sober) people who think hemp is a great option for biofuel.
Link

posted on Dec, 17 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

More than half his compiled papers have nothing to do with his title...

Are we even reading the same links? Granted not every one is a formal study. But every link I have read so far is in regards to the title. He/she has put together a really good list of information here. Your ONE LINE reply tells me you most likely didn't read most of the OP... Or the T&C. You don't get 100+ flags on ATS by producing garbage... This community is a staunch group.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jondoeuk

Thank you. But that's the problem with studies. If 20 studies suggest cannabis to have a positive effect and 5 studies tell us the contrary. What to believe? If you do the same with cholesterol drug studies you would find a lot more contradictions, nonetheless statins are blockbusters.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   

My first wish would have been to had access to this information years ago my second would be to have access to the cannabis oil...I had to put my dog of 16 years to sleep last week they found a tumor on her heart and metastasized to her lungs.my heart is completely broken without her.
everyone should have this available to them...whenever I see commercials for cancer charities begging for donations makes me livid.

posted on Dec, 18 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
List of ALL Medical Studies Proving Cannabis Cures Cancer

So lemme get this straight.

To cure cancer I gots to inhale a bunch of smoke in my lungs ?

Really people ?

Feel free to puff away but don't be surprise years down the road you end up with oral CANCER, and LUNG CANCER.

there is no link to smoking cannabis and lung cancer...although there seems to be some still trying to push this fallacy.

In a recent study, researchers from Canada, the United States and New Zealand pooled data from six previous studies to determine whether smoking marijuana was associated with lung cancer.

The analysis was the largest of its kind, spanning more than 2,000 lung cancer cases and nearly 3,000 controls. Published June 20 in the International Journal of Cancer, the study found no link between marijuana use and lung cancer risk.

“Results from our pooled analyses provide little evidence for an increased risk of lung cancer among habitual or long-term cannabis smokers,” concluded the team, which included members from the International Lung Cancer Consortium.

Even when data was analyzed based on intensity, duration, consumption and age of initiation, no significant association was found.

The findings, the group adds, are consistent with a 2006 review that also showed no link between marijuana and lung cancer after adjusting for tobacco use.

link

While tobacco smokers showed the expected drop in lung function over time, the new research found that marijuana smoke had unexpected and apparently positive effects. Low to moderate users actually showed increased lung capacity compared to nonsmokers on two tests, known as FEV1 and FVC. FEV1 is the amount of air someone breathes out in the first second after taking the deepest possible breath; FVC is the total volume of air exhaled after the deepest inhalation.
“FEV1 and FVC both actually increased with moderate and occasional use of marijuana,” says Dr. Mark Pletcher, associate professor of epidemiology and biostatistics at the University of California, San Francisco and the lead author of the study.

That was a bit of a surprise, says Pletcher, since “There are clearly adverse effects from tobacco use and marijuana smoke has a lot of the same constituents as tobacco smoke does so we thought it might have some of the same harmful effects. It’s a weird effect to see and we couldn’t make it go away,” he adds, explaining that the researchers used statistical models to look for errors or other factors that could explain the apparent benefit and did not find them.

article

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Just been told I have liver cancer and have had a pet scan to see if it has spread, find out this Monday the results.
The doctor has told me I will have to have half my liver removed. My brother wants me to take cannibas oil and I will be trying it and anything else that I think will save me from dieing from cancer.

Even if the cancer has not spread I will still take it in the hope that it will kill anything that's left.
Smoked for 45 years and stopped in June 2015 also smoked weed all that time as soon as I stopped I get cancer, should carried on smoking weed Haha.

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   
What didn't it save Bob Marley?

posted on Dec, 19 2015 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: delboy2424
Just been told I have liver cancer and have had a pet scan to see if it has spread, find out this Monday the results.
The doctor has told me I will have to have half my liver removed. My brother wants me to take cannibas oil and I will be trying it and anything else that I think will save me from dieing from cancer.

Even if the cancer has not spread I will still take it in the hope that it will kill anything that's left.
Smoked for 45 years and stopped in June 2015 also smoked weed all that time as soon as I stopped I get cancer, should carried on smoking weed Haha.

Please keep us updated on your results and treatments. HUGS!

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Then you didn't read the papers or you didn't understand them. I read every one he linked. I posted some examples. Several people agreed.

One of his links contradicted his title.
edit on 20-12-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: delboy2424

One of the studies in the OP shows that smoking it increases site specific cancer. Liver cancer is a site specific cancer. One of my posts has the specific paper.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join