It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's Face Drawn by Medical Artist Based on Forensic Anthropological Research Trends on News

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
There are a ton of light-skinned Palestinians and Middle-Easterners in general. A lot of you guys on this website don't get out much, do you?

I used to know a Palestinian girl, skin white as porcelain, but with jet-black hair and hazel eyes.

Anyway, I never imagined him as blonde, and was never "conditioned" to do so.

I'll go with this Byzantine icon from the 6th century over the OP:

edit on 14-12-2015 by Talorc because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

Jesus was originally portrayed as semitic but was later depicted as white based on the portrait of Caesar Borgia due to the massacres of non-Christians.

"White Jesus modeled on Cesare Borgia?

The theory is that people were generally not too enthusiastic about the Catholic Church’s regular massacres of Jews and Muslims, because the people they were killing looked like Jesus. Pope Alexander VI then ordered the destruction of all art depicting a Semitic Jesus and commissioned a number of paintings depicting a Caucasian Jesus. His son, Cardinal Cesare Borgia, was the model for these paintings. Thus, the nastiest of all the Borgias, became the iconic Caucasian Jesus so loved by Christians today".
theholyprepuce.tumblr.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable

The theory is that people were generally not too enthusiastic about the Catholic Church’s regular massacres of Jews and Muslims, because the people they were killing looked like Jesus. Pope Alexander VI then ordered the destruction of all art depicting a Semitic Jesus and commissioned a number of paintings depicting a Caucasian Jesus. His son, Cardinal Cesare Borgia, was the model for these paintings. Thus, the nastiest of all the Borgias, became the iconic Caucasian Jesus so loved by Christians today".

I wonder if you even understand how absurd that sounds. "People who look like Jesus"? Is there no such thing as individual variation in appearance? It's along the same lines as saying all white Americans look like George W. Bush.

Please show me a single respected historian who supports this theory. I suppose rap lyrics don't count.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
Adleast 10 years old. White people were not happy about it. I saw that article when I was a kid.
This is silly. white people know he is among other things a descendant of Shem. hence Semitic and logically would have Semitic features such as hair and skin tone. Don't equate medevial racial chauvinism and artistic license with all the beliefs and knowledge of modern Christians. And as has been pointed out the idea that Christ would closely resemble a reconstruction based on composite drawings of three individual skulls is silly.

lets put it this way: This guys artistic license is good but other painter's artistic license is bad. Please don't tell all the black artists who depict Christ as black or Mary as black this; you'll hurt their feelings.
edit on 14-12-2015 by stormbringer1701 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
Murgy, you know full well, "Heaven is for real" was a hoax. It's been pointed out to you before.

Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

Link

Ouch... that was touche....

BTW, picture in OP was based on model they build some time ago (11 years to be precise), NG was behind it:

ntweblog.blogspot.com...

BTW, all topics actually should include very important clause - IF JESUS EXISTED, as so far we have zero proof Jesus ever existed. Those damn't small print would do well here...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog

Murgy, you know full well, "Heaven is for real" was a hoax. It's been pointed out to you before.

Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

Link

Ouch... that was touche....

BTW, picture in OP was based on model they build some time ago (11 years to be precise), NG was behind it:

ntweblog.blogspot.com...

BTW, all topics actually should include very important clause - IF JESUS EXISTED, as so far we have zero proof Jesus ever existed. Those damn't small print would do well here...
you are incorrect. Jesus or Christus was mentioned by several near contemporary writers who were not Christian. They did not like him very much. also the apostles should count as physical eye witnesses excluding Paul.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Talorc

I wonder if you even understand how absurd that sounds. "People who look like Jesus"? You are characterizing the looks of an entire region/race by saying they "looked like Jesus"? It's along the same lines as saying all white Americans look like George W. Bush.

Please show me a single respected historian who supports this theory.

It appears you're a little slow on the uptake. It says 'semitic' i.e. dark hair, olive skin vs 'caucasion' i.e. white skin, in some cases lighter hair (brown or blond). Thats how he was 'portrayed' i.e. a semtic look from that region of that time vs a caucasion look. Uh, nowhere does it say what Jesus definitely looked like unless there exists a selfie I'm unaware of. And nowhere does it say all caucasions look like George W. Bush. I understand just fine. You're the one with the comprehension problem.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I wonder if you even understand how absurd that sounds. "People who look like Jesus"? You are characterizing the looks of an entire region/race by saying they "looked like Jesus"? It's along the same lines as saying all white Americans look like George W. Bush.

It appears you're a little slow on the uptake. It says 'semitic' i.e. dark hair, olive skin vs 'caucasion' i.e. white skin, in some cases lighter hair (brown or blond). Thats how he was 'portrayed' i.e. a semtic look from that region of that time vs a caucasion look. Uh, nowhere does it say what Jesus definitely looked like unless there exists a selfie I'm unaware of. And nowhere does it say all caucasions look like George W. Bush. I understand just fine. You're the one with the comprehension problem.

You've quoted a blog post that cites rap lyrics as a source. The burden of proof is on you to show that all (or even most) Semitic people have "olive skin and dark hair", and that they all generally look like each other. It's also up to you to cite a legitimate source verifying the Cesare Borgia claim, and the claim about the destruction of art depicting a "Semitic Jesus". I'm guessing you can't.

To my mind, people slow on the uptake are more likely to quote blogs and rap lyrics as a source of information, as well as to believe absurd generalizations based on something as subjective as "Semitic looks".

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   
These people are going by what Palestinian Jews looked like 2000 years ago generally.

They have bones and descriptions of people back then.

That’s why people with common sense always knew the blond blue eyed hippie Jesus was a lie and distortion.

He probably looked a little better than this guy but was likely a light tan or brown.

Bronze I think the bible says

We all want Jesus to look prettier than that

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Once on a job when I told a pretty white Polish lady that Jesus wasn’t white she wanted to shoot me and got very angry.

edit on 14-12-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Murgatroid
According to a little boy who went to heaven during surgery, this is what He really looks like...

In the book, Heaven is for Real, of all the drawing renditions of Jesus, the only one that Colton agreed looked like the guy he saw in Heaven was the one painted by Akiane.

Read the book "Heaven is for Real" A little boy went to heaven during surgery. They kept showing him pictures asking if that's what Jesus looked like till it was so many they just started asking what was wrong with it. He looked at the painting where Jesus is looking strait at you and he said "Nothings wrong with that. That's the one!" Source

News flash, that kid admitted he made it all up.
www.theblaze.com... -about-meeting-jesus-and-seeing-heaven/
edit on 14-12-2015 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   

You've quoted a blog post that cites rap lyrics as a source. The burden of proof is on you to show that all (or even most) Semitic people have "olive skin and dark hair", and that they all generally look like each other. It's also up to you to cite even one legitimate source that can verify the Cesare Borgia claim, and the claim about the destruction of art depicting a "Semitic Jesus". I'm guessing you can't.

To my mind, people slow on the uptake are more likely to quote blogs and rap lyrics as a source of information, as well as believing absurd generalizations based on something as subjective as "Semitic looks".

Ok, I'll do your research for you since you are too lazy or don't have the aptitude. Since you don't like my original source because it doesn't fit your agenda, here is another one which doesn't contain rap lyrics as you claim and further explains regional racial differences.

"The images and idols displayed in the churches are not of Christ. Michelangelo first painted the most common religious image used in deceiving the world today. It is a picture of a blue-eyes European with blond hair, who they maliciously claim to be Jesus Christ. This false image was modeled after Cesare Borgia, who was the second son of so-called Pope Alexander VI, of Rome. The real Jesus, according to all scientific and historical facts, is an Afro-Asiatic man".

"Let’s examine some principle verses in the 1611 translation of the original Bible which confirm the fact that the Israelites were a non-Caucasian people of Asiatic descent".
www.israelite.net...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Jesus had dark skin, dark eyes, and dark hair
that Megyn Kelly would feel nervous sitting next to him on a plane.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

FYI: your link and mine refer to two entirely different people.

This has ALSO also been pointed out right here ATS several times now.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   

You've quoted a blog post that cites rap lyrics as a source. The burden of proof is on you to show that all (or even most) Semitic people have "olive skin and dark hair", and that they all generally look like each other. It's also up to you to cite even one legitimate source that can verify the Cesare Borgia claim, and the claim about the destruction of art depicting a "Semitic Jesus". I'm guessing you can't.

To my mind, people slow on the uptake are more likely to quote blogs and rap lyrics as a source of information, as well as believing absurd generalizations based on something as subjective as "Semitic looks".

Ok, I'll do your research for you since you are too lazy or don't have the aptitude. Since you don't like my original source because it doesn't fit your agenda, here is another one which doesn't contain rap lyrics as you claim and further explains regional racial differences.

"The images and idols displayed in the churches are not of Christ. Michelangelo first painted the most common religious image used in deceiving the world today. It is a picture of a blue-eyes European with blond hair, who they maliciously claim to be Jesus Christ. This false image was modeled after Cesare Borgia, who was the second son of so-called Pope Alexander VI, of Rome. The real Jesus, according to all scientific and historical facts, is an Afro-Asiatic man".

"Let’s examine some principle verses in the 1611 translation of the original Bible which confirm the fact that the Israelites were a non-Caucasian people of Asiatic descent".
www.israelite.net...

That's your source? Man, you've given me a few laughs tonight. I don't have an agenda, I just point out sillyness when I see it. The claim people are making is that all Semitic people are "dark" and have similar features, which, according to reality and my personal experience, is quite false.

Also, are you aware that Semitic people are considered Caucasian? Not that I care a lick for these witless racial terms, but it's pertinent here.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
News flash, that kid admitted he made it all up.

100% incorrect...

Again, it's already pointed out here on ATS many times now.

Of course you knew that I'm sure, right?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I always thought Jesus was blonde just like Blondie in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. (Greatest film ever)

It's symbolic, and one of the many benefits of a halos heavenly glow.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 07:38 PM
link   

FYI: your link and mine refer to two entirely different people.

This has ALSO also been pointed out right here ATS several times now.

You are correct, Murgy. I owe you a sincere apology.

“I know there has been a lot of talk about the truth of other Heaven stories in the past few days. I just wanted to take a second and let everyone know that I stand by my story found in my book Heaven is for Real,” the statement read. “I still remember my experience in Heaven. I want to keep telling people about my experience because it has given hope to so many people.”

Link
I confused Alex Malarky with Colton Burpo. Thanks for the correction. It is appreciated.

My apologies, sir.
edit on 12/14/2015 by Klassified because: didn't come out right.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Such an old story... its also complete bull

how the hell would they have any idea?

posted on Dec, 15 2015 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Based on 'Forensic Anthropological Research' my foot...

Is it just a 'coincidence' that the Lord Jesus Christ just so happens to look just like all the other slack-jawed neanderthals in many other Darwinist renditions?

I think not...

He went way overboard with the obvious "Darwin effect"...

Kinda reminds me of this:

A cross between that and this miscreant:
The Holy Face Of Manoppello, one of 6 images of the face of Christ on cloth. My grandmother is from that town, she didn't belive it was the face of Jesus. Check it out
en.m.wikipedia.org...
holyfaceofmanoppello.blogspot.com.au...

Murgatroid, you know I'm a Christian, and I actually believe in visits to heaven, but I have a hard time believing Colton Burpo's story, you really belive him?
Having said that, the picture drawn by Akia, whoever she is, is pretty close to how I picture him, interesting.

edit on 15/12/15 by Cinrad because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join