It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's Face Drawn by Medical Artist Based on Forensic Anthropological Research Trends on News

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I knew he looked just like Kenny Loggins:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I always said, Jesus looked more like the 9/11 19th hijacker than the lily white, blued eyed portrait which is hanging in every Italian grandparent living room.

link   

what utter bollox - he used 3 skulls [ age approximate ] out of a dynamic population of 0.5 million [ year zero CE estimate ]

anyone else see the fundamental flaw .

this is a flawed steroptype of the judean population [ at best ] - at worst - meaningless bollox

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: infolurker

I was thinking Guido myself. I am probably going straight to Hell, but there he is - Guido the Christ.

LOL,

I seriously think they dug up some Romans.

There are a bunch of Italians that can now say they look "just like Jesus".

link   
Seriously, the only time I have ever been in His presence, I couldn't see His face. It shone too brightly.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Seriously, the only time I have ever been in His presence, I couldn't see His face. It shone too brightly.

You met Jesus face to face, or should I say, face to shiny orb?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I imagine that just like we do these days, people in the past generally responded most favorably to those of their kind who are taller and more good-looking than the average slob. So I'm guessing he looked was probably what was considered to be good-looking at the time. Now whether that tended to be more Persian or Egyptian or Roman in those days remains to be seen. My guess is that he looked more Egyptian, since there are indications that although he was born in Bethlehem, his family was actually Egyptian.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

More like THIS

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Why would someone think Jesus was blonde haired and had blue eyes? I have never thought of Him like that. Maybe a little more handsome than the picture, but definitely reflective of the region he was born and raised in. As a Christian, I have never seen a picture of Jesus as anything but.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Possibly, but not in the everyday on the street. If you've never had a sincere spiritual experience, you wouldn't understand. But I don't know what else to think it was or who else it could have been, and I've never had an experience like that since.

And, yes, I was sober.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Have these idiots ever seen a Jewish person in their life?

Jesus was Jewish and born in an area ruled by Romans that was previously ruled and inhabited by many Greeks for generations. Greeks, Romans and Jewish people are majority fair skinned.

Look at the earliest ancient Byzantine images of Jesus and it is the fair skinned image we know today.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable
People in the Mediterranean looked more like ancient Persians, Greeks and Romans at the time of Jesus.

They did not start looking more Arab until the savage Arab Muslims brutally slaughtered and raped millions of zoroastrians, Christians and Jews 700 years later.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Based on 'Forensic Anthropological Research' my foot...

Is it just a 'coincidence' that the Lord Jesus Christ just so happens to look just like all the other slack-jawed neanderthals in many other Darwinist renditions?

I think not...

He went way overboard with the obvious "Darwin effect"...

Kinda reminds me of this:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Jesus was Jewish and born in an area ruled by Romans that was previously ruled and inhabited by many Greeks for generations. Greeks, Romans and Jewish people are majority fair skinned.

Look at the earliest ancient Byzantine images of Jesus and it is the fair skinned image we know today.

Jesus was, from what I understand, most likely a Jewish Palestinian.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Jesus was Jewish...

I've not seen one piece of real evidence that would convince me that He was in fact Jewish.

originally posted by: sweftl337
The word “Jew” never existed in Hebrew, Greek and Aramaic and Jesus spoke mostly Greek and Aramaic. First of all, if we go back some 2000 years, there were no Jews. There was a land known as “Judea” and in that land lived many different peoples. The people of Moses were the Hebrew Israelite's – there was no Jew.

originally posted by: Nichiren
Jesus was a 'Judean', not a Jew. During His lifetime, no persons were described as "Jews" anywhere. That fact is supported by theology, history and science. In none of the manuscripts of the original Old or New Testament was Jesus described or referred to as a "Jew". The term originated in the late eighteenth century as an abbreviation of the term Judean and refers to a resident of Judea without regard to race or religion, just as the term "Texan" signifies a person living in Texas.

In spite of the powerful propaganda effort of the so-called "Jews", they have been unable to prove in recorded history that there is one record, prior to that period, of a race religion or nationality, referred to as "Jew". The religious sect in Judea, in the time of Jesus, to which self-styled "Jews" today refer to as "Jews", were known as "Pharisees". "Judaism" today and "Pharisaism" in the time of Jesus are the same. Jesus abhorred and denounced "Pharisaism"; hence the words, "Woe unto you Scribes and Pharisees, Hypocrites, Ye Serpents, Ye Generation of Vipers".

“Judaism as we know it today did not exist before Christ. Before Christ, there was only the faith of the Israelites, until by a gradual process, the pure faith of the Israelites was subverted by corrupt teachings. These corrupt teachings were transmitted orally by the Pharisees. Christ condemned these teachings when calling them the ‘traditions of the elders.’”

Judaism Discovered

When the word "Jew" was first introduced into the English language in the 18th century its one and only implication, inference and innuendo was "Judean." However during the 18th, 19th and 20th centuries a well-organized and well-financed international "pressure group" created a so-called "secondary meaning" for the word "Jew" among the English speaking peoples of the world. This so-called "secondary meaning" for the word "Jew" bears no relation whatsoever to the 18th century original connotation of the word "Jew." It is a misrepresentation. . .

There is not a person in the whole English-speaking world today who regards a "Jew" as a "Judean" in the literal sense of the Word. That was the correct and only meaning of the word in the 18th century . . . (Facts Are Facts, by Benjamin H. Freedman, p. 15-21). The meaning of the word "Jew" in our Bible is not the same as the colloquial idiom.

Jesus Christ was not a Jew. Had Jesus been a Judean it is very likely He would have been an Edomite, not a kinsman to Adam, and thereby disqualified from being the Holy One of Israel, the last Adam, who was born to redeem the first (Leviticus 25; Ruth). Were Jesus a so-called Jew He would not have been Messiah whom the Lord prophesied would dwell in Galilee of the Gentiles (Isaiah 9:1-7). Jesus did not live in Judea and dared not walk in Jewry (i.e. Judea), "for fear of the Jews" who sought to kill Him.

History of God's Holy Bible and the so-called Jews

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Considering Palestine is a region like the Midwest and never a country of ethnicity of its own ...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Considering Palestine is a region like the Midwest and never a country of ethnicity of its own ...

Palestine is a historical geographical region in which Bethlehem was located. The place of his birth. The people and their descendants are called Palestinians.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

According to a little boy who went to heaven during surgery, this is what He really looks like...

Murgy, you know full well, "Heaven is for real" was a hoax. It's been pointed out to you before.

Nearly five years after it hit best-seller lists, a book that purported to be a 6-year-old boy's story of visiting angels and heaven after being injured in a bad car crash is being pulled from shelves. The young man at the center of The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven, Alex Malarkey, said this week that the story was all made up.

Link

edit on 12/14/2015 by Klassified because: add quote

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Murgatroid

I don't know about you... but that picture of Jesus is darn sexy....

Calvin Klein even..

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Yup utter cobblers at best its a loose illustration of the average face of men from around the region in that period
assuming the person we know as Jesus existed he would have probably shared "some" of the basic
features of the face shown most likely skin tone and hair colour but to state that this IS what he would have looked like
is just idiocy of the highest order.

we will never know for certain what he looked like unless his authenticated skeleton is discovered
as for that i have a greater chance of winning the lottery while riding a whale on a trip to Mars

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join