It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus's Face Drawn by Medical Artist Based on Forensic Anthropological Research Trends on News

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

wait!!! no blonde hair or blue eyes?

A particular illustration of Jesus' face has surfaced on the internet and is attracting quite a bit of traffic and comments. Richard Neave, a medical artist retired from the University of Manchester in England, drew the "real" face of Jesus, based on a skeletal discovery from British scientists, assisted by Israeli archaeologists. This image is now believed to be the most accurate image of the most famous face in human history, differing significantly from the traditional depictions of Jesus in Renaissance art. Sauce

Richard Neave, used 3 different skulls from an Israeli archaeological site to make a computerized tomography.

Neave is an expert in forensic facial reconstruction. His skills have been used to recreate faces from skulls in forensic police work, and in producing images of historical figures. One of his reconstructions was of a prehistoric bog body known as Yde Girl.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Old picture! seen this on the news years ago!!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Adleast 10 years old. White people were not happy about it. I saw that article when I was a kid.

+17 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
That's dumb. You can't just reconstruct and average the faces of 3 arbitrarily chosen individuals who lived in the same area and time period, and expect to get anything resembling another unrelated individual.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
So they have the skeleton(s) of Jesus?

Why do they think this? How do they know this?

Didn't he rise from the dead and all that?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Nah, thats my buddy Vinnie

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

The didn't even use the shroud in the construction, the only item "believed to show the face of jebus.

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm sure if most Christians saw this man walking down the street today they'd be scared he was some kind of terrorist. Jesus never was a white man like he is commonly depicted today, he was Middle Eastern and looked a lot like today's ISIS members. Funny how that got all turned around isn't it?

I doubt this is what Jesus looked like exactly but I'm sure they got the skin tone right. Tell Christians that this is most likely what Jesus resembled in today's world and you'll most likely be considered a heretic.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I really enjoy Biblical archeology (even just the time period in general), but this is a bit silly. It actually seems to border on a joke.. I'm not sure we will ever know what he looked like, for a plethora of reasons, and I'm not convinced it really matters anyway.

Also, as a 'white person,' I am apparently upset about this for some reason, so..

*shakes fist*

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
For some people, the thought of Jesus not being white is appalling. Even a non-white Santa gets em going.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: TheAmazingYeti

I'd imagine an actual depiction of Jesus would make us sob. I'm waiting for that one, although that fellow featured is kind of handsome as well?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
According to a little boy who went to heaven during surgery, this is what He really looks like...

In the book, Heaven is for Real, of all the drawing renditions of Jesus, the only one that Colton agreed looked like the guy he saw in Heaven was the one painted by Akiane.

Read the book "Heaven is for Real" A little boy went to heaven during surgery. They kept showing him pictures asking if that's what Jesus looked like till it was so many they just started asking what was wrong with it. He looked at the painting where Jesus is looking strait at you and he said "Nothings wrong with that. That's the one!" Source

edit on 14-12-2015 by Murgatroid because: felt like it...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I just realized that even I have been conditioned to see Jesus as a white man. Anytime Jesus' name comes up I think of the typical white man depicted in art. Even though I know he was Middle Eastern, I still picture the white man. Weird.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

It's better than arbitrarily making him a white guy with long, straight hair. Now THAT'S dumb.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Nah, thats my buddy Vinnie

Damn, I was thinking the same thing. That pic looks like my buddy Vito.

Maybe they dug up some Romans!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The hair is all wrong
Jesus had a quiff ...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I was thinking Guido myself. I am probably going straight to Hell, but there he is - Guido the Christ.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I knew he looked just like Kenny Loggins:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: WakeUpBeer
Why do they think this? How do they know this?
Didn't he rise from the dead and all that?

Not only that, the New Testament clearly states -- without any indication that it was metaphorical -- that Jesus looked like different people (including a child) at different times.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I am probably going straight to Hell,

At least it will be warm there ... you just have to get used to the wailing and gnashing of teeth

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join