It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All this anti Muslim propaganda is having an effect...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Again, this falls right into the hands of ISIS. They want Muslims at large to feel targeted, abused and discriminated against.

It'll be much easier to indoctrinate them if they already think the rest of the world is out to kill them. Funny how sometimes Americans don't realize the biggest security threat they face is themselves.

~Tenth

Quoted for truth!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just perfect.
It's our fault Muslims feel ostracized and threatened.
The government bears the blame for ill will among the Islamic world.
Yet it seems the citizens are the ones to bear the brunt of retaliation in return.

If you don't like Muslims then you are the bad guys.
Got it.

Pretty much, that's how they want you to feel...

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU0408

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: neo96
It warms my heart to see Islam being defended with such fervor.

A religion that has a WORSE track record on women, and gay rights than that other most villainous one that starts with a C.

Says the person who defended the kkk on another thread. So every Muslim person is a bad person? I'll have to tell that to my brother in law who came over here to seek refuge from Iraq after the U.S. went in and destroyed the place. The very same man worked from day one to assimilate into the country never got a hand out and worked to get his own business. My sister his wife doesn't dress up in a burqa or doesn't have her freedom taken by him. What about my 2 year old nephew? Is he also a bad person just because he is Muslim?

What is the deal with you people and your comprehension skills? Is this another one of those "If I say it enough, it'll be true" kind of things? Not one damn person has stated that all muslims are evil, and yet again, here you are trying to sarcastically ask about your nephew toddler. Cut the stupid childish # out.

Did you even read neos post, this thread is about Muslims And the propaganda against them and he (wrongly might I add) brought Islam into this stating "its track record". Cut the stupid # out? Get a clue about the subject being talked about. This comment alone shows how much you actually know about the subject.

Nobody is referring to all muslims. Furthermore, a muslim is someone that follows the religion of islam. It's like referring to someone as a Catholic and then bringing Christianity into the conversation. You could call a muslim an islamic and it bears the same meaning that calling a Catholic a Christian does.

I don't think you quite grasp it yet and it was actually explained to you a few pages back by tothetenth. Anyway I am bowing out of this thread as there is only so much bs/ignorance I can read without getting myself a posting ban.
edit on 14-12-2015 by sosobad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

a reply to: Asktheanimals

If you don't like Muslims then you are the bad guys.
Got it.

When did it become acceptable to just lambaste and dislike ' entire groups of people ' and it wasn't considered intolerant or bigoted?

For the life of me, you can certainly hold the view that all Muslims are bad and you'd rather not associate with them, sure, but that doesn't mean that view is acceptable, or that you won't get called out on it.

I would say if you used the phrase ' I Don't like ( insert group people here) ' then yeah I can see how some people would think you weren't the greatest of people.

~Tenth

I'd say since man was created. But nobody dislikes all muslims. Do me a favor and say "I don't like Conservative Christians" and see how much backlash you get. I think that's a good project. And say "I don't like muslims" and see how much backlash you get, then let us know the statistics. I'd be interested in seeing them.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Are you saying being prudent about who you allow in your country is aiding ISIS?

Being prudent about who we allow in our country would be to screen someone based on how dangerous they are, not based on their religion. Not all Muslims are dangerous and not all dangerous people are Muslims.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

wow, what a debate...
all i know, that yes i have become weary of the folks of the colored kind, but that ein`t gonna stop me from getting myself a falafel, thank you the mad arab or whomever invented this delicious bas(SNIP)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

It's our fault Muslims feel ostracized and threatened.

This is the way Isis want them to feel. I'm surprised people havnt worked that out

They're going to feel that way anyways. Look at Ahmed Mohamed. Ever read the ACLU's report on him? They said that he feared his life everyday in America after he was reported for a suspicious item, and they said he was scared because he was seen an an extremist terrorist. We're at a point now, where you can't tell on them, can't report them, can't say something that they might remotely find offensive, and can't even look at them wrong without them feeling ostracized and threatened. It's a no win situation every time now, I point the finger at political correctness and MSM trying to breed hate and paint their number one enemy, the Conservative, with a broad brush. So the question is, how do you slow the MSM's hateful rhetoric down?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

a reply to: LSU0408

I think "hate" is too strong of a word to use.

Here's the thing, people like to pretend they don't 'hate' a group, while actually doing all the things that would be considered hateful, as a way to keep justifying their behavior.

Sure hate is a big word, but so is discriminate. And if you taught your kids to look at a man and a woman kissing, differently, than how two men or two women do ( outside of the realm of sexual education) then voila, you've taught them to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

I know that's probably not the intent, but to children, seeing their parents do anything is considered acceptance of that behavior.

Some religions have a strict code that they live by, but it's nothing that preaches hate.

I would like you to take that sentence, and say it in the context of Muslims. If that statement is true of Christians, or Buddhists or any other group, then it must be true of them as well right?

I'm not trying to distort anything really, my hyperbolic usage of term has actually created a window where me and you can flesh out a better understanding of each other's thoughts and intentions.

~Tenth

It's never been an issue to tell a child that two men kissing isn't gross when the child shudders and says "Ewww!" until about 3 years ago.

As far as religion, I don't know which posts, but I've stated a few times that I know it's not all muslims that act the way ISIS does, and not all of them are bad. I would be willing to be that if this attempt was to keep out radical Christians, there wouldn't even be a debate about it and the MSM would praise the idea.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific

What exactly is your reasoning for not wanting to accept refugees from a war torn country please?

Sorry if I missed it earler in the post.

Is it just Syrians or anyone seeking a better life than the one they have both for themselves and there children?

Because the FBI already made statements saying the ISIS is attempting to sneak into the US with Syrian refugees, and they took the fault for missing the whole "Tashfeen Malik joining ISIS two years ago" ordeal which means their vetting obviously isn't that great. So were they just BSing around and didn't care and are going to do a good job now, or are they just weak on vetting? I think the US should block all foreigners minus world leaders (and those who come with the world leaders) until this issue is under control. It's not just middle easterners to me.

I am English, are you really saying that I should not be allowed to enter the US until your government deems it safe?

What about business men and Trade envoys? What about people with relatives in the US? What about tourism, do you have enough of your own people that this would not affect your economy in a very detrimental way?

I think you are somewhat over reacting and as I said before I think that you are reading too much into the propaghanda this thread was created to discuss but that as we agreed earlier is just my opinion.

I'd be willing to limit it to the middle east, but that wouldn't be too nice, would it? I mean, let's be honest, who else is promoting ISIS? That's our problem and threat. If there's a country promoting hate and death like ISIS, they need to stay out until we minimize this risk. I'm just trying to show equality here. I guess we're damned if we do, damned if we don't. Or we can be friendly and just say to heck with it, come one, come all.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Right but they still weren't put through the vetting process we are talking about now with Syrian Refugees.

No I don't usually say the government is good at much other than war and lying. But the fact remains that the vetting system for Syrian Refugees is pretty involved.

Documentation from foreign countries is often missing or forged easily.

Okay but is that good enough reason to halt ALL immigration from certain groups of people? Besides ISIS would have an easier time it seems, to me at least, to radicalize some American youth already disenfranchised with the system to carry out acts of terror on American soil.

I wasn't implying it was perfect, I simply refuse to believe it's as poor as the EU's standards right now.

~Tenth

I would think that a terrorist trying to sneak into the US would be pretty foolish to do so under the guise of a Syrian refugee right now.

I would have thought that the US is keeping a pretty keen eye on them right now.

It would make far more sense to enter as a business man or tourist or even sneak over the border but not as a Syrian refugee that would be plain stupidity imo.

Why do you think it'd be stupid to come over with the refugees? These guys are being sent here, they're not going to truthfully answer the questions being asked to them. They're going to act just like a refugee. Come on man.

See above.

Failing that then put on a black and white stripey top, put on a black eye mask and grab a bag with "swag" written on it and try walking into a bank.

See how far you get in before they pull the guns out.

Lol, what the heck kind of bank robbers do you guys have?

That was my point, If you intend to rob a bank then one of the most important things to do is not look like a bank robber.

If you are trying to get into the US to commit acts of terror then your best chance of achieving your goals is to not look like a terrorist.

So sneaking in with a bunch of Syrians who already are suspected of hiding terrorists would be a stupid way to go about it, does this not seem rational to you?

Not at all... Not looking like a bank robber would be rational, just like not looking like an ISIS soldier. You want to blend in with your surroundings so you look normal. I can see your angle though, and while I agree with you, I also think that from my angle, you would try to fit in to get past the vetting.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: and14263

this is not actually entirely true some percentage of muslim parents bring their children up to hate the west,telling them how great the mother land is and how we the west have destroyed it ,and totally ignore the fact they have been fighting amoung themselves

Yes.

And some parents bring their children up to be homosexual hating Christians - but not all.

EDIT: I wonder what the percentage is you talk of?

Clever. False, but clever. Nobody brings their kids up to be Christians that hate gays. You people claim that anyone that disagrees with gay marriage is a gay hater.

What about those westboro baptist church folks?

I'm pretty sure that is what they do but only know what I have read in the news so could be incorrect on this?

Well, every Christian I've ever heard from detests those fools from Westboro that claim to be Christians. They'll be burning in hell when their lives expire.

Every Muslim I know (I teach English to migrants and refugees) hates ISIS (or DAESH as they call them), and says they are not real Muslims.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

No I wasnt making any excuses or blaming republicans in any way

What I am saying is that our reactions as a community, are the reactions that Isis want. They want to show Muslims the non believing west hates Islam so to garner more support from the Muslim populations. If we welcomed the Syrian refugees, it would go against Isis propaganda that we hate them. Isis can't understand why Syrians would leave their amazing Islamic state to go to the no believers in the west, where they are welcome. Isis think their state is the best thing and don't want other Muslims to feel accepted in the west so they will join the ideology of Isis and not the west. It's Isis propaganda and further attacks on the west intend to draw a bigger wedge between Muslims and western nations. Our reactions are what they are motivated by. We could play them at their own game, but instead we are making the mistakes of falling for their propaganda and ideological traps.
Let's hope clear heads can prevail and we respond in the opposite way to what Isis want us to. Not in a way they hope we do. They are playing us for fools, so best not to react like one is my answer.

edit on 14-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2015 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   
There seems to be a good bit of commentary on islam vs. muslim vs. terror. I have this to offer to the discussion:

obama says islam is a religion of peace and that extremists are responsible for terror attacks. He also says that we should refrain from acts like burning the quran or drawing pictures of mohammed because it could cause retaliation in the form of terror attacks or be used as recruitment propaganda by extremists.

The question is how can insulting islam bring about terror attacks if terrorism is not part of islam? We need to acknowledge that relationship without name calling or shaming. When can you call a terrorist a terrorist without being branded a bigot or a racist for doing so? We can't be so pc that discussion of actual events in real terms is no longer possible.

We also have to stop focusing on words like always, never, all, none, etc. It just polarizes discussions between people trying to address a concept and people arguing over the validity of blanket statements.
edit on 14-12-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

Muslims don't call it 'the mother land'. Have you been confusing Russia with the Middle East?

If Putin had his way they would be one in the same.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

So true! If only the Muslim haters would realize that their hatred and fear supports ISIS. They might as well be handing ISIS weapons and helping them with their attacks.

What about the hatred and fear that leads to Muslims trying to murder people over cartoons? What about the hate and fear that leads young Muslims to blow up bombs at running marathons?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
It warms my heart to see Islam being defended with such fervor.

A religion that has a WORSE track record on women, and gay rights than that other most villainous one that starts with a C.

Says the person who defended the kkk on another thread. So every Muslim person is a bad person? I'll have to tell that to my brother in law who came over here to seek refuge from Iraq after the U.S. went in and destroyed the place. The very same man worked from day one to assimilate into the country never got a hand out and worked to get his own business. My sister his wife doesn't dress up in a burqa or doesn't have her freedom taken by him. What about my 2 year old nephew? Is he also a bad person just because he is Muslim?

What is the deal with you people and your comprehension skills? Is this another one of those "If I say it enough, it'll be true" kind of things? Not one damn person has stated that all muslims are evil, and yet again, here you are trying to sarcastically ask about your nephew toddler. Cut the stupid childish # out.

Did you even read neos post, this thread is about Muslims And the propaganda against them and he (wrongly might I add) brought Islam into this stating "its track record". Cut the stupid # out? Get a clue about the subject being talked about. This comment alone shows how much you actually know about the subject.

Nobody is referring to all muslims. Furthermore, a muslim is someone that follows the religion of islam. It's like referring to someone as a Catholic and then bringing Christianity into the conversation. You could call a muslim an islamic and it bears the same meaning that calling a Catholic a Christian does.

I don't think you quite grasp it yet and it was actually explained to you a few pages back by tothetenth. Anyway I am bowing out of this thread as there is only so much bs/ignorance I can read without getting myself a posting ban.

Been there done that. We'll just chalk it up as agreeing to disagree. Have a good one.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: cuckooold

originally posted by: and14263

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: and14263

this is not actually entirely true some percentage of muslim parents bring their children up to hate the west,telling them how great the mother land is and how we the west have destroyed it ,and totally ignore the fact they have been fighting amoung themselves

Yes.

And some parents bring their children up to be homosexual hating Christians - but not all.

EDIT: I wonder what the percentage is you talk of?

Clever. False, but clever. Nobody brings their kids up to be Christians that hate gays. You people claim that anyone that disagrees with gay marriage is a gay hater.

What about those westboro baptist church folks?

I'm pretty sure that is what they do but only know what I have read in the news so could be incorrect on this?

Well, every Christian I've ever heard from detests those fools from Westboro that claim to be Christians. They'll be burning in hell when their lives expire.

Every Muslim I know (I teach English to migrants and refugees) hates ISIS (or DAESH as they call them), and says they are not real Muslims.

That's good. But that doesn't stop ISIS from sneaking over here with the good muslims.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

Hay Muslim here..

I have been a Victim my self , from my family disowning me to the FBI paying me a visit ( for no good reason). Etc.

Even though this has happned to me I still have compassion for the people who hate . was it jesus ( peace and blessing be upon him) who said "forgive them father for they know not what they do" oddly enough. Always repeat this when i experience hate or see it.

I have found that most people who "hate" do so out of fear and a lack of understanding.

I have seen many times people protesting at mosque be invited in and walk away with a lightened heart full of understanding. Interaction is key .

Love and compassion is the answer.

Kap.

Kap, you are the type of Muslim we all wish all Muslims are. But sadly they are not. The French raided 200 mosques over the weekend and found "hundreds of weapons" according to the news report I heard. Our problem is we don't know and cannot tell which category of muslim any individual is and before this war is over we will need the Muslim leaders to step up and separate themselves from the radical sect that seeks to destroy our country. And it appears to me that up until now, although there may be some positive movement in this area, Muslim leaders are reticent to speak out against terrorist activity. Even Arab state leaders (Saudi Arabia for example) come up short when it comes to condemning ISIS or Al Qaeda.

We will not, as a country, tolerate another attack on the scale of September 11th. If that ever happens again things will change in a huge way and it doesn't matter who is in the oval office. The American people are patient but that patience is waning. You and your people must be a part of the solution. You must show the people who are dragging good Muslims down with them with their jihad and terrorism that it will not be tolerated. Until Muslim leaders around the world take an active role in separating themselves from the hate and terrorism it is virtually impossible for Americans to do so. Liberals will say that they are able to but in reality they are only relying on political correctness. PC is fine until one realizes that his/her family could be at risk for a very real terrorist attack in a shopping center, schoool, movie theater, or work place.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr

No I wasnt making any excuses or blaming republicans in any way

What I am saying is that our reactions as a community, are the reactions that Isis want. They want to show Muslims the non believing west hates Islam so to garner more support from the Muslim populations. If we welcomed the Syrian refugees, it would go against Isis propaganda that we hate them. Isis can't understand why Syrians would leave their amazing Islamic state to go to the no believers in the west, where they are welcome. Isis think their state is the best thing and don't want other Muslims to feel accepted in the west so they will join the ideology of Isis and not the west. It's Isis propaganda and further attacks on the west intend to draw a bigger wedge between Muslims and western nations. Our reactions are what they are motivated by. We could play them at their own game, but instead we are making the mistakes of falling for their propaganda and ideological traps.
Let's hope clear heads can prevail and we respond in the opposite way to what Isis want us to. Not in a way they hope we do. They are playing us for fools, so best not to react like one is my answer.

It might show ISIS that their propaganda isn't working, but at the same time, they can pose as refugees and swing right over here with them. If the good muslims can't determine this to be a move for the best then they aren't paying attention and will dislike us anyways.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
In one week...
There Have Been 19 Hate Crimes Against Muslims in the Past Week

Kind of sad that someone has to hied who they are...
US Muslim women debate safety of hijab amid backlash

So much hate in this world and usually directed at wrong people...
Muslim- Owned Cafe Defaced With Nazi Graffiti, Then Firebombed

Really spitting...
Chicago Woman Gets Spit On For Being Muslim. Here's Her Response

Of course there will be those who are suspicious because a good Muslim to them doesn't exist...
Muslim anti-Isis march not covered by mainstream media outlets, say organisers

Is this the reaction that the anti Muslims wanted?

Some will say I have an agenda and they would be correct. My agenda is to bring to light what is happening in North America, due to all the anti Muslim rhetoric and to show that it is creating hate and violence.

For the record.

That is NOT any different than what went on during the Occupy movement, and what went on during Ferguson.

But hey who cares right?

There's a 'epidemic' of hate!

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408 I imagine the vetting for refugees from the Middle East is pretty strict in America. I'm British, but still need a visa just to visit the states, so I'm pretty sure it won't be a breeze to just get into the USA as a refugee from Syria. If you have a criminal record in the uk you can't get into the USA

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join