It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

All this anti Muslim propaganda is having an effect...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
a reply to: theonenonlyone

Again, this falls right into the hands of ISIS. They want Muslims at large to feel targeted, abused and discriminated against.

It'll be much easier to indoctrinate them if they already think the rest of the world is out to kill them. Funny how sometimes Americans don't realize the biggest security threat they face is themselves.

~Tenth

Quoted for truth!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Just perfect.
It's our fault Muslims feel ostracized and threatened.
The government bears the blame for ill will among the Islamic world.
Yet it seems the citizens are the ones to bear the brunt of retaliation in return.

If you don't like Muslims then you are the bad guys.
Got it.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

originally posted by: neo96
It warms my heart to see Islam being defended with such fervor.

A religion that has a WORSE track record on women, and gay rights than that other most villainous one that starts with a C.

That's funny!

Wasn't it that C faith that burned witches at the stake?

Didn't the papal Inquisition originate from that C faith?

Wasn't it that C faith that sent their missionaries to Promote their ideology in Africa including and even concentrating on the persecution of gays?

Is a Nun's habit that much different than a burka?

Remember when women in America couldn't even vote?

Remember when girls couldn't wear pants to school unless the outside temp. was deemed to be cold enough to allow it?

Worse indeed.

Those mean ol Christians! Do you have anything more recent than the 11th and 17th centuries? Voting in America, and wearing dresses wasn't enacted or changed in the name of Christianity.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

U.S. citizens being spat on?

U.S. citizens being firebombed?

U.S. citizens having their crosses ripped off in the street?

That retaliation, yeah?
edit on 14-12-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: Removed snark. Unnecessary.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   

If you don't like Muslims then you are the bad guys.
Got it.

When did it become acceptable to just lambaste and dislike ' entire groups of people ' and it wasn't considered intolerant or bigoted?

For the life of me, you can certainly hold the view that all Muslims are bad and you'd rather not associate with them, sure, but that doesn't mean that view is acceptable, or that you won't get called out on it.

I would say if you used the phrase ' I Don't like ( insert group people here) ' then yeah I can see how some people would think you weren't the greatest of people.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: nonspecific
a reply to: LSU0408

What exactly is your reasoning for not wanting to accept refugees from a war torn country please?

Sorry if I missed it earler in the post.

Is it just Syrians or anyone seeking a better life than the one they have both for themselves and there children?

Because the FBI already made statements saying the ISIS is attempting to sneak into the US with Syrian refugees, and they took the fault for missing the whole "Tashfeen Malik joining ISIS two years ago" ordeal which means their vetting obviously isn't that great. So were they just BSing around and didn't care and are going to do a good job now, or are they just weak on vetting? I think the US should block all foreigners minus world leaders (and those who come with the world leaders) until this issue is under control. It's not just middle easterners to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: LSU0408
So what exactly are you trying to say we should do that isn't already being done? Are you saying it's our fault for not wanting to accept Syrian refugees?

I'm not TRYING to say anything. If you can't figure out what I've said from what I've written, then what good would it do for me to write it again?

Did I place blame or fault? No. Did I say ANYTHING about Syrian refugees? No. I simply asked you to use your imagination. Maybe if you read my post again, it would help to understand.

Lol, I did read it. You talked about being nice and embracing all the muslims here, and talked about the story of love and acceptance getting back to ISIS.

Maybe you fail to realize how weak America would look if the "story of love and acceptance" got back to ISIS. I mean, do you think they would grow a heart and drop their weapons and stop being murderous arseholes just because Americans were nice? If so, wake up. If not, then I don't what the heck you're leaning towards.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

It's our fault Muslims feel ostracized and threatened.

This is the way Isis want them to feel. I'm surprised people havnt worked that out

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's instinct for children to see something different, and then ask an adult what they are seeing. If you choose to then use your authority as a parent, saying things that would lead your children to think that was wrong, that would be raising them to hate without context.

Now I really doubt you're the kind of person to do that, even just reading the few posts I had. I wasn't calling you out or anything just challenging your assertion that people in Christian homes don't get raised to hate, some of them most certainly do. And I don't mean against gays as I don't believe a lot of that is prevalent these days, outside of certain cultures and areas of the country.

~Tenth

I think "hate" is too strong of a word to use. Having said that, I've seen Catholics that wouldn't let their kids date someone that wasn't Catholic, my fiance's dad's parents all but disowned him when he started dating, and married her Baptist mother. Some religions have a strict code that they live by, but it's nothing that preaches hate. Just because you find something to be wrong doesn't mean you hate it. I see what you're saying, but I think you're distorting the meaning of hate. That's a very strong word.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theonenonlyone
a reply to: neo96

Why is it you have a problem with interpreting what was actually said?

You are always in thread creating false narratives to fit into whatever little world you reside in.

1 Person brings up a Christian or shows that some Christians have done some bad things then you read it and by the time it hits your brain, it turns into something completely different.

I remember you in a thread getting all riled when someone took what you said and twisted it (well to you anyways) but you seem to have no issue in doing it to others.

Take the time to read something and read again if it helps, so that you stop twisting and turning other members statements into something you want.

This is not an insult. I just think you have some kind of issue with reading or something.

What did he say that was twisted or misinterpreted?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

When did it become acceptable to just lambaste and dislike ' entire groups of people ' and it wasn't considered intolerant or bigoted?

1934 as gun owners know ALL too well.

2015 it's perfectly acceptable to be intolerant of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sosobad

originally posted by: stuthealien
a reply to: and14263

this is not actually entirely true some percentage of muslim parents bring their children up to hate the west,telling them how great the mother land is and how we the west have destroyed it ,and totally ignore the fact they have been fighting amoung themselves

And some percentage of Christians bring their children up to hate other races aka white supremacists. As long as the human race continues to see each other as different rather than as the same species there will always be hate and division on both sides. The stupid thing is we are all stuck on the same rock floating through the vastness of the universe and we can't get over "who's version of the bearded man in the sky is better" or "if there is even a bearded man in the sky" or "this imaginary line is my country stay out" or "you are a different colour to me therefore I hate you". We are doomed to fail as a species unless as a whole we get over the smallminded petty # that is going on.

No different than the animal instincts in the wild. They have their boundaries and other animals know not to cross that boundary. And they'll kill to make their point.

I think we are a bit more evolved than animals.... Well some of us anyway.

You'd think. We all have the same instincts though. If someone comes into your yard posing a threat, do you greet him with a smile or take caution?

And all Muslims wordwide are a threat? That's the issue here, do you view every Muslim as someone who is going to kill you?

No. No more than 500 people, I'd be willing to bet, feel that way. My problem is that we've already been warned that soldiers for ISIS are sneaking over, or attempting to sneak over, with the Syrian refugees. If someone comes on your yard/territory posing a threat, how do you react?

I think I understand where you are coming from, your scared right now because you have been told that bad people might be coming and you are worried for the saftey of your wife, kids and family and that is only natural.

The thing is that this thread is about propaghanda and you have to ask yourself is your fear rational or are you bieng manipulated by people to create a response?

You say yourself that your government has told you that ISIS are trying to sneak into the US posing as refugees and you believe them, that is your right to belive if you choose to do so.

The question is then given that you and I know that the US government is looking for ISIS terrorists trying to pose as Syrian refugees then ISIS knows it too, as I said earlier in the thread you would have to be a pretty dumb terrorist to try and enter the US in this manner and the US government would have to be pretty dumb to not only let them in but then fail to keep very close tabs on them.

Your fear for safety is justified but I would quiestion your reasoning for it unless you want to be manipulated for other peoples gain.

I'm not scared by any means. I highly doubt ISIS would ever find the area I'm in. Why should Americans take the risk of letting some in though, when we've been threatened, and recently attacked already?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I think "hate" is too strong of a word to use.

Here's the thing, people like to pretend they don't 'hate' a group, while actually doing all the things that would be considered hateful, as a way to keep justifying their behavior.

Sure hate is a big word, but so is discriminate. And if you taught your kids to look at a man and a woman kissing, differently, than how two men or two women do ( outside of the realm of sexual education) then voila, you've taught them to discriminate based on sexual orientation.

I know that's probably not the intent, but to children, seeing their parents do anything is considered acceptance of that behavior.

Some religions have a strict code that they live by, but it's nothing that preaches hate.

I would like you to take that sentence, and say it in the context of Muslims. If that statement is true of Christians, or Buddhists or any other group, then it must be true of them as well right?

I'm not trying to distort anything really, my hyperbolic usage of term has actually created a window where me and you can flesh out a better understanding of each other's thoughts and intentions.

~Tenth
edit on 12/14/2015 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

yes i have met these people in person and seen it first hand ,sorry if you do not like the truth but truth it is

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

1934 as gun owners know ALL too well.

2015 it's perfectly acceptable to be intolerant of them.

If half the population is doing it to the other half, then it's not accepted is it Neo?

And that's 100% because of the NRA, that's why Gun Owners have such a hard time in 2015. A whole organization devoted to NOT taking responsibility for itself and it's action.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flatfish

Right but they still weren't put through the vetting process we are talking about now with Syrian Refugees.

No I don't usually say the government is good at much other than war and lying. But the fact remains that the vetting system for Syrian Refugees is pretty involved.

Documentation from foreign countries is often missing or forged easily.

Okay but is that good enough reason to halt ALL immigration from certain groups of people? Besides ISIS would have an easier time it seems, to me at least, to radicalize some American youth already disenfranchised with the system to carry out acts of terror on American soil.

I wasn't implying it was perfect, I simply refuse to believe it's as poor as the EU's standards right now.

~Tenth

I would think that a terrorist trying to sneak into the US would be pretty foolish to do so under the guise of a Syrian refugee right now.

I would have thought that the US is keeping a pretty keen eye on them right now.

It would make far more sense to enter as a business man or tourist or even sneak over the border but not as a Syrian refugee that would be plain stupidity imo.

Why do you think it'd be stupid to come over with the refugees? These guys are being sent here, they're not going to truthfully answer the questions being asked to them. They're going to act just like a refugee. Come on man.

How about this....Because regardless of how they answer the questions, it still takes 2 to 3 yrs to get vetted and cleared to enter the U.S., when they could just hire a coyote to bring them across our southern border next week.

Come on man!

Good point I hadn't thought of yet. But I have to ask, where do they sit for those two to three years while they wait? Back in their war torn country, or somewhere here or what? (I really don't know)

On the sneaking in over the southern border, I've been talking about that since ISIS first threatened us.

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stuthealien

yes i have met these people in person and seen it first hand ,sorry if you do not like the truth but truth it is

Still isn't really a good argument for not liking Muslims..

~Tenth

link   

What exactly is your reasoning for not wanting to accept refugees from a war torn country please?

Sorry if I missed it earler in the post.

Is it just Syrians or anyone seeking a better life than the one they have both for themselves and there children?

Because the FBI already made statements saying the ISIS is attempting to sneak into the US with Syrian refugees, and they took the fault for missing the whole "Tashfeen Malik joining ISIS two years ago" ordeal which means their vetting obviously isn't that great. So were they just BSing around and didn't care and are going to do a good job now, or are they just weak on vetting? I think the US should block all foreigners minus world leaders (and those who come with the world leaders) until this issue is under control. It's not just middle easterners to me.

I am English, are you really saying that I should not be allowed to enter the US until your government deems it safe?

What about business men and Trade envoys? What about people with relatives in the US? What about tourism, do you have enough of your own people that this would not affect your economy in a very detrimental way?

I think you are somewhat over reacting and as I said before I think that you are reading too much into the propaghanda this thread was created to discuss but that as we agreed earlier is just my opinion.

link   

Right but they still weren't put through the vetting process we are talking about now with Syrian Refugees.

No I don't usually say the government is good at much other than war and lying. But the fact remains that the vetting system for Syrian Refugees is pretty involved.

Documentation from foreign countries is often missing or forged easily.

Okay but is that good enough reason to halt ALL immigration from certain groups of people? Besides ISIS would have an easier time it seems, to me at least, to radicalize some American youth already disenfranchised with the system to carry out acts of terror on American soil.

I wasn't implying it was perfect, I simply refuse to believe it's as poor as the EU's standards right now.

~Tenth

I would think that a terrorist trying to sneak into the US would be pretty foolish to do so under the guise of a Syrian refugee right now.

I would have thought that the US is keeping a pretty keen eye on them right now.

It would make far more sense to enter as a business man or tourist or even sneak over the border but not as a Syrian refugee that would be plain stupidity imo.

Why do you think it'd be stupid to come over with the refugees? These guys are being sent here, they're not going to truthfully answer the questions being asked to them. They're going to act just like a refugee. Come on man.

See above.

Failing that then put on a black and white stripey top, put on a black eye mask and grab a bag with "swag" written on it and try walking into a bank.

See how far you get in before they pull the guns out.

Lol, what the heck kind of bank robbers do you guys have?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

But what's also known to most, is that the government has already warned Americans that ISIS is trying to sneak over here with Syrian refugees.

"The government" also said that right wing gun owners are a threat...
Do you believe that as well?

Let me guess...

Depends... Why would an agency claiming such a thing, say something that goes directly against what their dear leader wishes?

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

No Tenth.

It's perfectly accept to judge one group by the actions of the few, except when it comes to muslims.

And they are doing it AGAIN as the topic.

As somehow we here on ATS are responsible for muslim hate.

When NONE of us have done anything remotely close as to what's source for the second time in a second thread.

And once again Jews is the number one group of people that is target for HATE crimes.

That is when it comes to religion.

Then from the same source RACE is the number one factor in HATE CRIMES,

Americans are more RACIST than 'Islamophobic'.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join