It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was Right: Illegal From Muslim Country Arrested…Found His Storage Unit

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

My god he sounds like the reincarnation of bin Laden himself, what with being so cooperative and apparently not even attempting to hide what he had purchased and consenting to an interview before he'd even been arrested!

Good god, trump was right! This man's actions clearly indicate evil was afoot!

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

People arriving to the United States to study, be it at a 4 year college, vocation school, technical school, whatever it may be, should normally remain focused on their education; I would not go to another nation, attempt to study at one of their institutions, and decide to buy ammunition and weaponry. I would not do that in France, or Germany, or Australia, or the UK.
Good students just don't do those types of things.

If I were a student at another nation, I would not live in a hotel either. I would choose to find an apartment, and pay a simple monthly housing fee-- I would cook in my own kitchen, and I would attempt to socialize and have friends and school colleagues over to my home.

Look guy, if you don't like me or my thread, please leave..
edit on 12-12-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
You think that college students should not have weapons? How about business men? No guns for them, too?

As long as he is of age and falls into one these categories, but it kind of sounds like he doesn't. Guess we will see.

1. nonimmigrant aliens who possess
a valid (unexpired) hunting license
or permit lawfully issued by a
State in the United States;

2. nonimmigrant aliens entering
the United States to participate in a
competitive target shooting event or
to display firearms at a sports or
hunting trade show sponsored by a
national, State, or local firearms
trade organization devoted to the
collection, competitive use or other
sporting use of firearms;

3. certain diplomats, if the firearms
are for official duties;

4. officials of foreign governments,
if the firearms are for official
duties, or distinguished foreign visitors
so designated by the U.S.
State Department;

5. foreign law enforcement officers
of friendly foreign governments
entering the United States
on official law enforcement business;
and

6. persons who have received a
waiver from the prohibition from the
U.S. Attorney General.
Significantly, even if a nonimmigrant
alien falls within one of these
exceptions, the nonimmigrant alien
CANNOT purchase a firearm from a
Federal firearms licensee (FFL)
unless he or she (1) has an alien
number or admission number from
the Department of Homeland Security
(formerly the Immigration and Naturalization
Service) AND (2) can provide
the FFL with documentation
showing that he or she has resided in
a State within the United States for 90
consecutive days immediately prior to
the firearms transaction.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

I would not go to another nation, attempt to study at one of their institutions, and decide to buy ammunition and weaponry. I would not do that in France, or Germany, or Australia, or the UK.
Good students just don't do those types of things.
Right. I guess he wasn't a good student. There are a lot of rich, not good students in the world.

If I were a student at another nation, I would not live in a hotel either.
He left school more than a year ago. He was living in the hotel for the past couple of months.

If you don't like me or my thread, please leave..
No.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

He said he had a hunting license, issued in October. Easy enough to check on.

edit on 12/12/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

That's ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous. You've clearly never in your life met an exchange student or the like. Yes, he probably should have done more to keep himself in school, that's a given. But to sit here and say "by god I would sit in my dorm room studying and go to class and never do anything outside of school because after all I'm there to get a degree, and not experience anything other than textbooks" is flat out ludicrous.

I suppose you think that troops stationed in foreign countries should confine themselves to base and only focus on their job, whatever it may be, and not do anything else, too, right?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrSpad
When did Trump ever say anything about rich college kids overstaying their visas? They do it all the time.

Wealthy college students do not need ammunition or weapons to conduct their studies: What is he doing with those materials? Let's wait and see what the Attorney General and the responsible authorities in Florida do with this case..at least he has been apprehended, and at least he is under investigation;

Also, we actually do not know if this person is indeed wealthy-- we know that he has had access to significant amounts of money coming from somewhere or someone. We do not know who those groups or individuals or family members might be, at least not yet..
edit on 12-12-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Not the lowly working class who are treated like indentured servants and slaves. In other words, they are treated as is directed by the Quran.

While there are no official statistics, there may be as many as 1 million migrant construction workers in the UAE today. Like Tariq, the men I talked to have had their passports confiscated and earn between $150 and $300 a month. They will have to spend years working off debts to recruiters who have gotten them their jobs.

Reports about the conditions of workers in the Gulf have been wide and probing. Articles contrast the glittering skyscrapers they build and the scant wages they receive. In May, the New York Times published a scathing exposé of labor abuses at NYU Abu Dhabi.

But what's often lost in much of the reporting about foreign labor in the United Arab Emirates—and Abu Dhabi specifically—is the agency of the workers themselves. The men I met in the Gulf are brave and ambitious—heroes to their families back home. They dared to chase better prospects and were met with repression instead. In a country where the faintest whisper of dissent can get you deported, more than a hundred strikes have rocked the construction industry in the past three years. While workers may be lied to and forced to live and work in brutal conditions, they also—improbably—are fighting back.

www.vice.com...

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

a reply to: Xtrozero

He said he had a hunting license, issued in October. Easy enough to check on.

Yep...sounds like he sold them and had no where to put the ammo much like I assumed with your 30-30.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance
Yes. The plight of migrant workers in the UAE is not really great.

Not sure what your point is. He isn't a migrant worker to the UAE. He was a student in a private college in Florida.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I guess he wasn't a good student. There are a lot of rich, not good students in the world.

My team was teaching 12 guys from Pakistan and they all came from upper families and boy did they suck, but they didn't think so because of their status. Everyone of them came to me asking for a letter that they No. 1 in the course so they could give to their father. lol.. I was like get the hell out of my office. The funny part is the maintenance guys were engineer degree and were extremely sharp, but they didn't come from upper cast.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That's ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous. You've clearly never in your life met an exchange student or the like.

I have met exchange students, and persons with student visas, and the serious ones, the very serious students arrive to conduct and to complete their studies successfully- period.

They do not go out and rent storage facilities to store "ammunition.."

Get real people, someone who has an ammunition arsenal isn't a little bit suspicious?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Wealthy college students do not need ammunition or weapons to conduct their studies: What is he doing with those materials?
Wealthy college students don't need beer to conduct their studies, either.

What is he doing with those materials?
Going to a shooting range. Shooting guns is fun. I know Japanese tourists spend big bucks to be able to do so.
www.nytimes.com...

We do not know who those groups or individuals or family members might be, at least not yet..
But we do know that Trump was not right.

Get real people, someone who has an ammunition arsenal isn't a little bit suspicious?
A couple of boxes is an "arsenal?"

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Except he isn't "lowly working class." He's an Emirati, as in a citizen of the UAE according to the DOJ press release.

The average male Emirati receives benefits of over 50 grand a year. That's the average male citizen, and that's a government handout. It says nothing as to family money (which is extremely likely for a citizen), nor do we know if he was an "average citizen."

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The point is you made a false generalization so I called you on it.

You are always a stickler for factual data to back up claims made anybody opposing your viewpoint.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Phage did not mention emirati in his false generalization,

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

The point is you made a false generalization so I called you on it.

Except that you did not provide information about people from the UAE. This is what I said:

People from the UAE are, in general, quite wealthy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: tony9802

originally posted by: Shamrock6

That's ridiculous. Completely and utterly ridiculous. You've clearly never in your life met an exchange student or the like.

I have met exchange students, and persons with student visas, and the serious ones, the very serious students arrive to conduct and to complete their studies successfully- period.

They do not go out and rent storage facilities to store "ammunition.."

As have I. As well as men in exchange programs in the military. And not one damn person out of the bunch has sat on their ass and done nothing but work. Every single one of them went out and participated in all manner of things, including shooting.

"A storage unit for ammo." Where does it say that? The complaint itself doesn't say that. It says a grand total of 84 rounds were recovered from a storage unit. And that "all of the possessions" in the storage unit had been moved to another unit because of nonpayment. Sure sounds to me like he was storing more than just 84 rounds of ammo, guy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

I don't understand. It's not like he was here legally. Would his wall extend to the entire eastern seaboard or something?

How is this a "told you so" moment for Trump?

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
a reply to: Shamrock6

Phage did not mention emirati in his false generalization,

And what you said doesn't pertain to the individual from the OP in any way, shape, or form.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join