It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was Right: Illegal From Muslim Country Arrested…Found His Storage Unit

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It doesn't sound like there is any legal penalty beyond deportation for overstaying a visa by less than 180 days.

AllLaw - Consequences of Overstaying on a Temporary U.S. Visa

If you entered the U.S. as a student, your I-94 will likely say "D/S," for duration of status. That means your overstay begins when you stop studying or complying with the terms of your visa. However, for purposes of the time bars discussed in this article, the important issue is whether you actually accrued "unlawful presence," which students don't do unless an immigration official or judge has deemed them unlawfully present.

If you accrue unlawful presence of more than 180 continuous days but less than one year, but you leave before any official, formal removal procedures (i.e. deportation) are instituted against you, you will be barred from reentering the United States for a period of three years.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian
Interesting.

His visa would seem to have become invalid in September of 2014 but since there was, apparently, no judgement of "unlawful presence", when did the clock actually start?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

you can deduce ammo stays with the criminal and fire arms stay at a safe house most likely with a legal American citizen.

No. As an illegal alien, it was unlawful for him to posses ammunition. Which is why he is facing 10 years in federal prison.

What are you talking about? he clearly said that's how a criminal would do it. It doesn't matter if it is legal or not to the criminal mind. That should have been obvious. Also from all your comments is extremely clear you are not street wise.

Are you just replying with garbage so that you get time to think and come up with something that makes you sound smart? You have taken everything out of context just to drag the conversation, shameful.
edit on 13-12-2015 by WarriorMH because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

a reply to: stuthealien

we can clearly see ammunition being stockpiled wordwide

Yeah. This guy had a total of 212 rounds of ammunition "stockpiled". Oh, he only had access to 28 of them, the rest had been confiscated by the storage company because he didn't pay his bill.

Well that's funny, you had earlier insinuated that this student from the UAE was probably very wealthy and for that reason able to comfortably pay hotel fees of 11,000 for 53 days-- now you are writing that he was unable or unwilling to pay his storage unit bills? Why would someone with his type of money skip out on storage facility payments?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:27 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

Unless your supposition is that he had some odd infatuation with just buying and looking at ammo in general.

He owned and fired weapons. He bought ammo at a gun range. He still had a small amount of ammo after having disposed of his weapons and gone to a gun range.

I have a box of ammo for a rifle I got rid of long ago. I don't look at it much.

Could it be nefarious? Sure. Guilty until proven innocent. Sure, if you say so.

Are you an American citizen? If you are it is legal for you to own a rifle and to leave away somewhere. He is not an American citizen and does not have the rights you have. Be thankful.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Interesting.

His visa would seem to have become invalid in September of 2014 but since there was, apparently, no judgement of "unlawful presence", when did the clock actually start?

The person in question knows when his time is up-- either he works on obtaining the paperwork to extend the visa, which he could not since he was no longer a student, or he obtains obtains another permit of some sort to stay in the country. All of this Devil's Advocate nonsense just derails the thread: the person in question knows when his time is up, at that moment the clock ticked.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

If he was hear after his visa expired, he is illegal.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

a reply to: Vasa Croe

I would hazard a guess that if I were to be allowed into a country with certain restrictions and wanted to stay in that country, I would understand and know that country's laws.
In general, sure. Knowing that it is illegal for an illegal alien to possess ammunition? That's sort of fine detail. Maybe he knew, maybe not. Of course, he did tell the investigators that he had the ammo when asked.

the obvious link his actions would draw would likely be a terrorist connection.
Of course it would. Why?

Illegal Muslim immigrant with ammo and had weapons but no longer has them. I'd say that is a pretty strong case for concern.
First, he was not an immigrant. Second, are you sure he's Muslim? Third, what if he had been a Christian student who had overstayed his student visa? Or a Hindu? Or a Buddhist? Sikh? No problem?

Not as big of a problem as a Muslim student. If you are suggesting that profiling is a bad then then I disagree. There was enough reason for feds to get involved in this case, which suggests even they thought the same. He fit the profile of a probable radical and seems he was looked into as such.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Thank you!

Other than having owned 8 cellphones what's out of the ordinary?

He used the ammo at a shooting range?

I don't see any huge red flags here.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes absolutely. I don't think that's even up for dispute.

And many people overstay their visas. Now question is. Why? Was he waiting for an extension? Or was he waiting to re enroll?

why?

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: tony9802

I'm glad they caught him. Maybe they aren't the keystone cops after all. I've started thinking we, as Americans, give ourselves more credit than we are due. So, bravo, well done, keep up the good work in capturing the bad guys.

I don't know why I'm surprised he's from UAE, but I am. I think of them as more sophisticated in their thinking than this.

how sophisticated are we ? cant understand what it means actually , and about the guy he was cooperating with the police and answering all the questions , maybe because he is foreigner doesn't know the laws.

here is a video from another source

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It doesn't sound like there is any legal penalty beyond deportation for overstaying a visa by less than 180 days.

True, but it's the ammo part that made it illegal, but I do not see anything with this case past that and that is rather small given the circumstance that he was legal and sold everything when he could. Not having the guns anymore except for a few rounds since you just do not through them away is a rather weak case, but people are like throw him in jail etc and that is stupid.

edit on 13-12-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I have a theory, a theory is all it is. What if the Guantanamo bay holding was a prison for all Al Queda, but a training ground for IS at the same time? Kinda makes sense with the posts saying Obama is the head of IS! Closed down, prisoners still kept there, just wondering.......

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: rjaravenheart

I have a theory, a theory is all it is. What if the Guantanamo bay holding was a prison for all Al Queda, but a training ground for IS at the same time? Kinda makes sense with the posts saying Obama is the head of IS! Closed down, prisoners still kept there, just wondering.......

It is because those there don't get any better once they are released. I know people who have worked there and it is rather boring to say the least. No training going on just humdrum of prison life.

posted on Dec, 13 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   

a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

you can deduce ammo stays with the criminal and fire arms stay at a safe house most likely with a legal American citizen.

No. As an illegal alien, it was unlawful for him to posses ammunition. Which is why he is facing 10 years in federal prison.

He's not so sloppy after all is he, ha ha?
edit on 13-12-2015 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: Phage

Couldn't have said it better, in fact you beat me to it.

For someone who uses Bruce Lee as your photo to somehow depict you may be on the same level as the genius that Bruce Lee was when talking about matters regarding current affairs with immigrants and legalities, hurts my eyes....

Just like Phage, always tend to turn up when its about defending some form of contradiction to what most people are thinking and seeing with their own eyes.

Just like ''DOCHOLIDAZE1'' mentioned, your not thinking in the mind of a criminal. It is very obvious that this man in question had no reason to be purchasing ammo in such quantities being on a student visa out of expiration, least thing to worry about wouldn't it? Why would you pay for ammo without a gun anyway, its an obvious it'll be used.
edit on 14-12-2015 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:21 AM
link   
a reply to: tony9802

Trump seems to always be right, a trend continued to this day. Interesting...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join