It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump was Right: Illegal From Muslim Country Arrested…Found His Storage Unit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
An illegal immigrant from the United Arab Emirates was recently arrested in Florida and charged with unlawfully possessing ammunition, a charge that could result in up to 10 years in federal prison and automatic deportation.

According to Breitbart, the United States Attorney Office for the Middle District of Florida recently announced the charges against 25-year-old Hamid Mohamed Ahmed Ali Rehaif, who was found living in a hotel in Melbourne.

Rehaif had been living out of the hotel for at least the past 53 days, checking in and out on a daily basis, spending more than $11,000 in cash for the various room fees.

conservativetribune.com...

Rehaif also admitted to investigators that he had been in possession of several firearms, a felony offense for an illegal immigrant, but claimed to have recently sold or otherwise disposed of the weapons.

However, the U.S. Attorney’s Office stated in a press release: “Agents located rounds of handgun and rifle ammunition in his hotel room and in a storage unit that he had rented, but they did not locate any firearms.”

It was not immediately clear where those firearms were.

Wow, loads of ammunition in a hotel room for which he had paid up to 11,000usd in hotel room fees? This is outrageous..That's about 220 us dollars a day for in room expenses;

edit on 12-12-2015 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12.13.2015 by Kandinsky because: No need for shouting

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: tony9802
What, exactly, was Trump right about?

Wow, loads of weapons in a hotel room for which he had paid up to 11,000usd in hotel room fees? This is outrageous..
Ammunition is not the same thing as weapons. No weapons were found in the hotel room (or his storage locker).

edit on 12/12/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I would think legal citizens have 1 million times more ammunition and also illegally purchased guns.

11k in a nice hotel is not really that much for 53 days.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:41 PM
link   

I'm glad they caught him. Maybe they aren't the keystone cops after all. I've started thinking we, as Americans, give ourselves more credit than we are due. So, bravo, well done, keep up the good work in capturing the bad guys.

I don't know why I'm surprised he's from UAE, but I am. I think of them as more sophisticated in their thinking than this.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Here's another article.

www.wtsp.com...

First it seems he wasn't an illegal alien at first. He had a student visa.

However his visa ended last year after being terminated from school.

So let's not wave around Trumps hair and run around half cocked until all the facts are in.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Couldn't have said it better, in fact you beat me to it.

So OP, do tell, how was Trump right and why is this thread in the War On Terrorism forum? Because he's a brown man with gun... err I mean ammo.
edit on 12-12-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   
We have to be honest here, the Western Countries who were/are involved in the Middle East conflict are going to be getting blow back of some proportions, its the cost of killing them in their homeland....they will come and try and kill us in ours.

Its so simple and not complicated, we are in for a torrid few decades of reprisals sadly.

+25 more 
posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

apparently you dont know criminals, or smart ones anyway.

if your doing something wrong you dont keep the contraband at your house. you keep in at another location. ammo can just be used as a commodity. actual fire arms although a commodity are also illegal to own if your not allowed to have them by the government. so if you spend a little time thinking how a criminal would. you can deduce ammo stays with the criminal and fire arms stay at a safe house most likely with a legal American citizen. or a legit hidden stash spot that him and maybe one other person knows.

you are getting sloppy phage. either that or you have an agenda.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

I would think legal citizens have 1 million times more ammunition and also illegally purchased guns.

That would be over 220 dollars a day for the room.. You do not think that figure is high for an illegal immigrant, who probably is not employed, or at least at low manual labor wage.. ? You have to be kidding me..

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

Phage had an agenda? The only agenda he has is educating us all on space and pointing out the obvious.

Maybe it's you who has an agenda.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
People from the UAE are, in general, quite wealthy.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
What, exactly, was Trump right about?

Wow, loads of weapons in a hotel room for which he had paid up to 11,000usd in hotel room fees? This is outrageous..
Ammunition is not the same thing as weapons. No weapons were found in the hotel room (or his storage locker).

He personally stated that he had disposed of the firearms and weapons..which still then remain to be located..What is he doing with the ammunition..? In a hotel room?

link   
a reply to: reldra

your thinking is being used to make legal citizens to look like criminals. your thinking also has no proof

link   
a reply to: DOCHOLIDAZE1

you can deduce ammo stays with the criminal and fire arms stay at a safe house most likely with a legal American citizen.

No. As an illegal alien, it was unlawful for him to posses ammunition. Which is why he is facing 10 years in federal prison.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He personally stated that he had disposed of the firearms and weapons..which still then remain to be located..What is he doing with the ammunition..? In a hotel room?

You said he had "loads of weapons in a hotel room." Incorrect.

edit on 12/12/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

actually i gave two options either he slipping or he has an agenda. i never claimed either as truth, only presented the option. I didnt know phage had guard dogs now

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Ok I'll bite.. What is your point? Legal citizens with illegal weapons are typically called gang members, outlaws, felons etc, there is no reason to own guns illegally unless you did something to loose that right. I'm not sure what his reasons were but not typically good ones and it is a felony offense anyway you look at it.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

He was an unlawful alien, not an illegal immigrant. He came here on a student visa which expired and he didn't leave.

11 grand for two months worth of lodging? Works out to about $200 a night. Since he was from the UAE and came here on a student visa, I'm willing to bet he has plenty of money.

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

sorry i was unaware, i thought it was for something else since they will deport him.

The real question is though why does an illegal alien do ten years in prison on tax payers dime and then get deported. why not just deported?
edit on 12-12-2015 by DOCHOLIDAZE1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
People from the UAE are, in general, quite wealthy.

So he didn't have enough money to remain enrolled in school and to extend his student visa..? If this person was so monied, why would he bother having ammunition in his room..why not have literature and books instead, for continued pursuit of his education?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join