It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump Solidifies His Lead, but Leaves Many Nervous

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Donald J. Trump occupies his strongest position yet in the race for the Republican presidential nomination, yet nearly two-thirds of American voters say they are concerned or frightened about the prospect of a Trump presidency, according to the latest New York Times/CBS News nationwide poll.

Mr. Trump commands the support of 35 percent of Republican primary voters, leading his closest competitors, Senator Ted Cruz of Texas (16 percent) and Ben Carson (13 percent) by a more than 2-to-1 margin. While Mr. Carson’s support was cut in half since the last time The Times and CBS News polled on the race in late October, Mr. Cruz has quadrupled his share. Senator Marco Rubio of Florida’s support stands at 9 percent, with the rest of the candidates at 4 percent or less.

Enthusiasm for and attention to the campaign are higher among Republican primary voters than among their Democratic counterparts. A 54 percent majority of Democratic primary voters said they had made up their minds about who they will support, while 64 percent of Republicans say it is still too early to be sure. Majorities of Trump and Clinton supporters say their decision is firm.

LINK

GO TRUMP!

He can't be any worse than what we have now

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Thu Dec 10 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Trump or Hillary.

hahahahahahahaha, this is going to be such a FUN election season!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

We will continue to see what we have been seeing as long as Congress stays the same. I think our main priority should be to address the political corruption that has ran rampant for decades. Until that problem is resolved, be ready for the same old crap. It won't matter who is in the WH.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   

You planning on giving your opinion about the OP like T&C says or anything?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Trump or Hillary.

hahahahahahahaha, this is going to be such a FUN election season!

It really is looking that way isn't it?

I thought for sure that we would see a Clinton/Bush battle but, I guess that idea got too old and boring for a majority of the US.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: amicktd

I agree. All the smoke and mirrors lately has surely helped detract from the momentum and exposure the elite garnered a few months back.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Like the other poster stated, I don't think it makes much difference who gets into office.

Just seeing the pundits and politicians running around like they've pooped themselves is theatre enough! Personally, Hillary disgusts me. Trump? He amuses me.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Have we completely given up on Bernie?

Please don't make me vote for Hillary.
Fine, I'll vote for Trump/Ventura

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

You planning on giving your opinion about the OP like T&C says or anything?

So because it's positive about Trump you're going to crush a few grapes? Lighten up and let the mods do their job, they'll notice it if it stays up.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amicktd

We will continue to see what we have been seeing as long as Congress stays the same. I think our main priority should be to address the political corruption that has ran rampant for decades. Until that problem is resolved, be ready for the same old crap. It won't matter who is in the WH.

Yes, but I think Trump will expose the congressional leaders for the hypocritical puppets that they are. This is why the GOP leadership does not want Trump. Trump isn't afraid to tell them to go screw themselves, nor will he be afraid to call them to the carpet on both sides of the aisle.

Trump doesn't speak their language. He just says what he is thinking and calls things as he see it. Simple folk like this approach. He also isn't afraid to take his lumps for saying it. This is why everytime the media tries to make something he said controversial, it doesn't work. He double downs and moves on. The media isn't used to politicians who aren't afraid to say what they mean and own their position.

The GOP RINOs know they are better off under Hillary than they are an independent like Trump or even Cruz. See with Hillary, they still can maintain their power even if they don't have the Presidency.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: NowWhat
Have we completely given up on Bernie?

Please don't make me vote for Hillary.
Fine, I'll vote for Trump/Ventura

I haven't, he seems to be the one to want to fight corruption. That is the primary reason I support Bernie.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

GO TRUMP!

He can't be any worse than what we have now

Is that what he's going to use as a campaign slogan? it's catchy. I like it.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   

a reply to: MagesticEsoteric

Like the other poster stated, I don't think it makes much difference who gets into office.

Just seeing the pundits and politicians running around like they've pooped themselves is theatre enough! Personally, Hillary disgusts me. Trump? He amuses me.

Oh, without a doubt nothing will really change. It has been a sight to see though so far. I honestly am shocked Trump has made it this far but, he is saying what a lot of people want to hear.

link   
With Trump I can only shake my head and wait for the other shoe to drop. I can't help to think that we are definitely witnessing a phenomena of some sorts but I will be damned if I can figure it out.

Though I do like some of his stances and his willingness to speak what is anathema to certain circles (like import tax) but then again I will feel as if my heart is going to explode each day he stays int he lead with the bombastic stuff he says.

U.S. Citizens will have a lot of es'plainin' to do if he wins and royally screws the pooch.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

GO TRUMP!

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes it will be a popcorn- eating event provided there is an election
next year.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Trump? He amuses me.

Like a clown?

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm not trying to have the thread taken down, but the T&C's say the OP needs to flesh out his opinion on the articles they present as threads. Hence why I asked.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

originally posted by: amicktd

Yes, but I think Trump will expose the congressional leaders for the hypocritical puppets that they are. This is why the GOP leadership does not want Trump. Trump isn't afraid to tell them to go screw themselves, nor will he be afraid to call them to the carpet on both sides of the aisle.

Trump doesn't speak their language. He just says what he is thinking and calls things as he see it. Simple folk like this approach. He also isn't afraid to take his lumps for saying it. This is why everytime the media tries to make something he said controversial, it doesn't work. He double downs and moves on. The media isn't used to politicians who aren't afraid to say what they mean and own their position.

The GOP RINOs know they are better off under Hillary than they are an independent like Trump or even Cruz. See with Hillary, they still can maintain their power even if they don't have the Presidency.

I agree, Bernie and Trump are not liked by their affiliated parties for a reason. They both say what's on their mind and aren't afraid to call out the others. I just can't get behind Trump because of some of the stuff he spouts off.

posted on Dec, 10 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: LSU0408

I'm not trying to have the thread taken down, but the T&C's say the OP needs to flesh out his opinion on the articles they present as threads. Hence why I asked.

You're like a nosy neighbor though, and I'm not trying to offend. If it's against the T & C then it will be seen.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join