It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Crime Scene get Moved during San Bernandino tragedy?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Starling

If you can't understand what's happening here, that's ok, but don't pretend to know what you're talking about when you don't.

edit on 9/12/15 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

I highly doubt you're a professional photographer, but then again everyone with a DSLR thinks they are these days.

Perspective distortion

This simulation shows how adjusting the angle of view of a camera, while varying the camera distance, keeping the object in frame, results in vastly differing images. At narrow angles, large distances, light rays are nearly parallel, resulting in a "flattened" image. At wide angles, short distances, the object appears distorted.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Here, I'll give you a simple demonstration, as I'm "professional photographer" too, as you'll see from the following photos..

Here are the lines from above, as represented by my pen:

Here is my pen representing a view from the ground of those same lines

Why isn't it long like in the aerial shot??

"Disinfo!" he cries.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starling

originally posted by: Harvin

originally posted by: Starling

originally posted by: ozmnpo
Clearly they are two different crime scenes. check the white dotted line in the road.

Weird

EXACTLY! Now that I've read many posts now, and nobody else had noticed this.
I pointed this out on page 3, in response to the OP.
This is the dead giveaway!
The yellow hydrant did it for me too. Too close to the SUV to be distorted by a long lens and not show on the 1st set of pics.

Same white lines in both images, just probably due to focal length, lens, angle etc. of the second shot. Also, you can see the crack in the road that runs the length in both pictures.

Oh don't give me that BS, Harvin. I'm a professional photographer; I know about telephoto lenses, perspective and proportion. The 2nd set of pics in the OP thread has very short white broken lines, with about one foot spacing.
The 1st set of pics, as well as clearly in the aerial pics, have very long and widely spaced out dashes.

Hard to judge by those images or trying to pick everything out. Besides, what purpose would two crime scenes serve?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Yeah. I think everyone 'gets' that the SUV has been photographed from a completely head-on perspective in most of the second set of pics. But, it is parked at an angle and the street/curb is not a head-on view.

Seriously, it's not that people 'don't understand' what you are saying, it's just that some people disagree with your conclusions.

You can stop reiterating the same point.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Did you make sure your fingernails were looking good first? I would have.

More disinfo!

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Seriously, it's not that people 'don't understand' what you are saying, it's just that some people disagree with your conclusions.

If they don't agree, they certainly don't get it.

I could, but I'm not going to.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Decided to skip the powerlines question I posed earlier?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

If they don't agree, they certainly don't get it.

I could, but I'm not going to.

WTH, I meant that for Chadwickus.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

I highly doubt you're a professional photographer, but then again everyone with a DSLR thinks they are these days.

Perspective distortion

This simulation shows how adjusting the angle of view of a camera, while varying the camera distance, keeping the object in frame, results in vastly differing images. At narrow angles, large distances, light rays are nearly parallel, resulting in a "flattened" image. At wide angles, short distances, the object appears distorted.

I don't know why you're going to such lengths to flaunt your ignorance. I am a retired pro fashion and beauty photographer, shooting ad campaigns and magazine editorials. Then later, a fine art photographer.
I'm now in my upper sixties, selling my digital fine art photos mostly as framed art prints.
My professional years were way before DSLR was even thought about!

I don't know why I have to explain that to you, but you sure know how to ass-u-me!
Satisfied now?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Tut tut...I'm still thinking it over. I'm on the fence now, so I am actually considering whether perspective is the culprit.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

That's great! Good for you, it sounds like you're very accomplished! Being skeptical of claims made by anonymous people on the internet doesn't make me ignorant, at the most it makes me untrusting.

So instead of focusing on your career, care to discuss the issue? Saying you're a pro photographer doesn't mean anything to me. It's a claim, and it seems false considering you're dismissing common things seen in photography for a LONG time, before DSLR cameras even!

You know how a city sprawls? How do they get those shots where all the buildings look scrunched together?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Tut tut...I'm still thinking it over. I'm on the fence now, so I am actually considering whether perspective is the culprit.

Perspective is the culprit. It's confusing to look at, all the shots look so different. You can tell which photos are from a long distance away though by the things you see in them. It can REALLY mess with you.

Try it for yourself. Get a piece of paper and draw lines on it. Take a few pictures from different angles and height. Drop down so your lens is facing directly at the lines but high enough that you get more than a few and you'll see the same phenomenon.

Also, no problem replying to me instead of Chadwickus, it didn't hurt my feelers or anything.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Perspective most certainly is the culprit.

The lines on the road, the powerlines..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Frankly this thread makes me sad and embarrassed for ATS. The fact that it's gotten as many flags as it did blows my mind.

People are being intentionally ignorant about actual science. It's not opinion, it's science. People are throwing logic right the hell on out the window because conspiracy.

Not one of you, not one damn person, has answered my very simple question: how do you explain them moving an entire crime scene in front of not only overhead, live feed cameras but also God knows how many members of the press on the ground, many of whom were also shooting live, and then the freaking residents of the street and all the other onlookers.

Why hasn't such a simple, logic-bound question been answered?

Because it can't be. And that's why this is so embarrassing to me. Being willfully ignorant to see what you want to see regardless of actual fact is as far from "deny ignorance" as it gets. I'm out.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Which is why I reported it, and encourage other folks that aren't complete morons to do the same thing. At least move it to Skunk Works, though it belongs in LoL.
edit on 0920151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

For the record, OP was classy about it. I appreciate people pointing things out that seem "off", but when it's pretty easy to prove to a reasonable person nothing is off, it's time for the thread to move.
edit on 0920151220151 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

Compared to:

Clearly not the same spot.

The fence ends in one and is continuous in the other. Mailbox mounted in concrete in a driveway of some type in one, and no such driveway in the other.

I am on an iPad and don't have the time for uploading image but the second picture right above the SUV appears to be chain link fence and a road or fence line for what it's worth it looks odd to me. Ymmv and I might be totally wrong but that doesn't look right. Wish I could circle the part I am seeing....

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Not one of you, not one damn person, has answered my very simple question: how do you explain them moving an entire crime scene in front of not only overhead, live feed cameras but also God knows how many members of the press on the ground, many of whom were also shooting live, and then the freaking residents of the street and all the other onlookers.

Another simple question.... Why move the crime scene?

Why hasn't such a simple, logic-bound question been answered?

Well, if they answered it their silly conspiracy theory would be destroyed!

edit on 9-12-2015 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Well, Uncle Chop Chop, i did not answer you your question because i believe the crime seen has not moved and rather it is all perspective.
Don't forget some people make comments to log the thread to come back to later and yes, others FLAG.
Just relax a wee bit. We all know your fair dinkum, but alot of us are not writers, nor scholars.

It's all about perspective. ( the thread i mean )

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: scubagravy

Please explain the anomly in my post above as I am confused... Or it might be too late tonight and time to call it a night.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join