It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did the Crime Scene get Moved during San Bernandino tragedy?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I agree, it looks like the same crime scene with different camera perspectives. The second set must be from a telescopic lens making everything look different and more of a squished looked.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: ozmnpo

agreed. And i think the google street view lens is either a fish eye or wide angle which creates basically opposite perspectives.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

I think its just a difference of perspective and camera quality.

here it is from above

Where is the hydrant?

edit on 9-12-2015 by SeaWorthy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

Looks to be something short, squat, and light colored in front of the first fence column in picture #1. Right in front of the column, next to the driveway.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Looks to be something short, squat, and light colored in front of the first fence column in picture #1. Right in front of the column, next to the driveway.

Could be difficult to see, the picture of the cop next to the curb and the mailbox and the hydrant, I just don't see how any camera perspective could make him look so close to those and the SUV.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

You say it yourself, Richardson street is nearby, the first set of images place the location near Richardson street on google maps and the second set place Richardson street close due to the street sign showing up in them.

If, and that's a big if, they moved it, then it was only a few metres.

Why?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

en.m.wikipedia.org...(photography)

An article on how zoom and perspective influence what is observed to a pretty substantial degree.

I don't see how they could've moved such a large crime scene with continuous live media coverage, yet here we are.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   

House 1807

You can see mailbox for house 1807 this is actually a few houses away and if you look there is a fire hydrant not far from it, Definitely camera perspective
edit on 9-12-2015 by ozmnpo because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Compared to:

Clearly not the same spot.

The fence ends in one and is continuous in the other. Mailbox mounted in concrete in a driveway of some type in one, and no such driveway in the other.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ozmnpo
Clearly they are two different crime scenes. check the white dotted line in the road.

Weird

No, it's not weird.

From above the lines are about a car length long. From the ground they look like dots.

Surely this isn't that hard to get your head round?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

It's the perspective.

Go on google maps and street view and look around, look where that power pole is.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

If you read any other post i made after that you would know i agree its the same with different. Camera perspectives... .maybe put on your glasses and read and you can get that through your thick head..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I think part of this is that many of the shoots were done with a long focal length telephoto lens. That makes distance between all the objects seem compressed and the background appear closer to the foreground.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ozmnpo

Maybe you should make it a bit more clear in that post then, because I guarantee that all those stars aren't because they got your sarcasm..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

It becomes painfully obvious when you see all the power lines in this shot..

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Yes, and when one looks at the shots from different directions, it start to become bit clearer.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's the perspective.

Go on google maps and street view and look around, look where that power pole is.

So you are honestly saying that these two photos show the SUV in the same spot?

Where are the trees in the aerial view? And the hydrant and TWO mailboxes? The nearest mailbox is nowhere near the SUV in the aerial and it is very close to the trash can in the ground level view. You can tell, as you stated, because of the perspective and camera focus. It would be tiny in the ground view and well past the SUV if were as far away as the nearest mail box is in the aerial view.

edit on 9-12-2015 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   

The trees are exactly where they're supposed to be from one shot to the next: closer to the light pole than the SUV.

The mailbox is exactly where it's supposed to be. As for the second mailbox? Its probably are that white mailbox looking thing in the middle of the row of bushes in front of the second house.

Are you honestly saying that you think it's more likely that an entire crime scene was moved in front of God only knows how many civilians and media personnel, many of whom were broadcasting live for hours on end from the location, than maybe the trash can was moved back a few feet to get it out of the way?

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

It's the perspective.

BTW, please post a screenshot of what you are seeing on Google maps and a link to the view. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 9 2015 @ 05:50 PM
link   
The thing that has bothered me about this part of the day was when they first started showing it and the reporter was saying how he wanted to be very careful with the shot shown because there was a body on one side of the street with the gun near,which they did pan out and show eventually, but the other thing which was also repeated over and over for awhile was that there was also a body in the street on the other side of the SUV.

I was actually very surprised when they did finally show that side of the truck and there wasn't a body there and also not a sign of a bloodied body ever being there. Yet they clearly said for a long time a deceased body was there and they didn't want to show it.
I highly doubt I am the only one that remembers hearing this.
Interesting thread, and bizarre day that was and is continuing to be even more so as time passes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join