It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weaponry for Home Defence in the UK

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: KingDoey

I live in the UK, and I take home defence pretty seriously.

I have a Bowie knife next to my bed, five feet from which I also keep a cricket bat, a long tool handle which can behave as a workable staff, a pair of handcuffs for which there is no key (I do not need a key. I am adept at picking them) and a defunct bass guitar. I kept the old guitar stringed up, because in a pinch I could slip one of the strings off to use as a choke... Just to knock someone out you understand.

I have a daily use bass as well, so defence of the home does not equate to a lack of deep tones. I used to keep my bill hook (essentially a gussied up machete like object) right by the bed, but I decided that it is better off kept down stairs, in our shop. Of course, back in the home, there is also a kitchen full of objects, the sharpening of which is something I manage myself.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: sassymcsnickerson
a reply to: amazing

Wasp or other flying insect spray. I keep a can in the entry foyer and one by the bed. Most will spray a distance of 20-30 feet.
Will stop a person in their tracks if sprayed in the eyes and usually requires medical attention for treatment.
I have used this on a pesky bear and a aggressive dog before. It works!

That will get you jail time as well, it is highly illegal to use bug spray in the manner, read the label , it says so right on the can.. sorry , it is what it is.
edit on 8-12-2015 by wildb because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
You can legally own proper "fighting swords".

If you intend to chase intruders around the house with them, I'd suggest shorter, cutlass types.

A kukri is also handy and looks great on the wall.

150lb minimum crossbow, around the same for a compound bow. Use alloy shafts (for the crossbow) and broadheads (But don't leave the house with them as you'll get done).

Sap gloves (with lead inserts) are inconspicuous enough.

Collect up all the hottest chilli sauce you can find...Insanity sauce is the hottest I've found, Buy a hand held pump up sprayer from the garden centre and fill it, that'll blind anyone.

You can legally buy blank shotgun cartridges for garage alarms, so with a bit of ingenuity, I'm sure you could come up with something.

Have a look for the W E Fairbairn books on dirty fighting, very easy and useful methods in them.

Sleep well

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have a Bowie knife next to my bed, five feet from which I also keep a cricket bat, a long tool handle which can behave as a workable staff, a pair of handcuffs for which there is no key (I do not need a key. I am adept at picking them) and a defunct bass guitar. I kept the old guitar stringed up, because in a pinch I could slip one of the strings off to use as a choke... Just to knock someone out you understand.

I have a daily use bass as well, so defence of the home does not equate to a lack of deep tones. I used to keep my bill hook (essentially a gussied up machete like object) right by the bed, but I decided that it is better off kept down stairs, in our shop. Of course, back in the home, there is also a kitchen full of objects, the sharpening of which is something I manage myself.

What do you when someone breaks in with a gun, just saying..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
To the OP.
Just enjoy living in a country where the majority of people are not psychotic idiots with access to weapons of mass destruction.
WMA in my opinion are those weapons where a #bag can kill a person from a diistance, you know those weapons called guns? Those ones.
Apart from that, a rolled up newspaper when used in the correct way will dissuade any attacler.
The real best way to be safe? Have friends close, in the UK that is not difficult.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I feel bad for you folks who cant just keep a hand gun around, they work so much better..

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Apart from that, a rolled up newspaper when used in the correct way will dissuade any attacler.

Deffo a good one. As an improvised weapon, it takes some beating.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What exactly are you afraid of? Personally I would be much more afraid if everyone in the UK were permitted to own a firearm to be honest. Myself, I sleep with a a lethal pair of slippers under my bed.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I have many tools for self defence as i do Bushcraft. Various axes, knives, sharpened wood working tools etc, but the most vicious i would say is one of my Les Pauls or my Gibson Thunderbird bass.
A man could survive being cracked on the spud with a Fender, a 335 or one of them cheapo Chinese Ibanez they make nowadays, but a Les Paul or a solid bass,?

If it didn't kill him outright he would at least be baw deep in the floorboards if i connected Pete Townsend style.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
1 watt green laser for blinding, works day or night
Good Heavy Meat Cleaver for close quarter fighting
9 Iron Golf Club, for knife wielders
Large Heavy Duty Stainless Steel Pan lid with center handle for Blocking knives and striking
Paintball gun loaded with defense rubber balls or pepper balls...they sell them online, along with powerful Paintball guns
Car starter ether spray, carburetor cleaner spray, Wasp Spray, Spray adhesive

When I'm feeling lawless, i make black powder pistols, using heavy Deer antler burls and old heavy 22cal pellet gun barrels, that i cut in 3 inch sections and thread, block and weld, then affix to my Deer antler, then drill a tiny fuse hole.
I load them with firecracker powder. about a half inch worth, and then use 22cal lead pellets, in reverse. so it seals and ends up as a hollow point...I use water proof bottle rocket fuse and cut it even with the pilot hole, and either use a lighter or a cigarette to fire it. its literally instantaneous discharge, and is accurate to 10 feet. It resembles a Philadelphia derringer, less hammer and trigger , basically a small concealable hand canon

If you use your imagination, Everything is a Weapon

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I am reading this thread and my bottom jaw has hit the damn floor!! You people truly cannot protect yourselves, it seems at all. Bats, sticks, crossbows being recorded, bows as well. What the hell are you all supposed to do? I guess you can try & talk your way out or sit them down and sing a freaking song. Might I suggest as another poster said..... a new country that want beat you over the head for wanting to protect your family.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
I am reading this thread and my bottom jaw has hit the damn floor!! You people truly cannot protect yourselves, it seems at all. Bats, sticks, crossbows being recorded, bows as well. What the hell are you all supposed to do? I guess you can try & talk your way out or sit them down and sing a freaking song. Might I suggest as another poster said..... a new country that want beat you over the head for wanting to protect your family.

No thanks. I have to say, I feel way safer in the knowledge that I am by a longshot less likely to be confronted by someone with a firearm.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   

edit on 8-12-2015 by airforce47 because: link bad.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You should be ashamed to live in a society that has the need to protect itself by guns, just sayin, smartass.
edit on 8-12-2015 by Jonjonj because: spelling

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Hollow tube, like 5-6 ft long, with a standard folding knife spliced into the end. Works for dog attacks too.
edit on 8-12-2015 by FlyingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Your a fool for living in a society that don't. Your correct...I'm a smartass...... I live in a country with the right to own a firearm & protect myself and my family from harm. Yea a smartass American.a reply to: Jonjonj

edit on 8-12-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I live in a civilised country, a country where the law is trusted...where do you live again?

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Where the law is trusted??? Where do you live under a damn rock!! I live in REALITY.a reply to: Jonjonj

edit on 8-12-2015 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Where the law is trusted??? Where do you live under a damn rock!!a reply to: Jonjonj

And this is why we can not have nice things.

posted on Dec, 8 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Go out and snag someone's "Secured by ADT" or "Secured by Brinks" yard sign and throw it in front of your home.

A friend did summer sales for security systems and he said it happens all the time. When the actual subscribers call and say their sign was taken, they send em a new one. They look at as free advertising when someone takes a sign!

Then a can of bear spray AND A FLASHLIGHT would be effective. Don't wanna spray someone with that on accident.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join